Chapter 15

I'm WHOSE?!

-Truth-


 

“Eunji what are you doing?” Asked Yoonah when she saw Eunji depressed face as soon as she walked into the classes. She pulled her chair and sat beside Eunji. She turned around and realized only two students arrive beside them.

 

“There are thirty-one students in class 2-2 right?” 

 

“Maybe,” She answered hesitantly. “Why?”

 

“Ahh, this is frustrating! I only can name the only thirty students, I forgot one more name.” Eunji give Yoonah the list of the names.

 

“And why in the world you need to write down all their names?” She took the name list.

 

“Yesterday you said only a stupid person cannot recall their classmates’ name.” Eunji pouted.

 

“But this is class 2-2, we’re in class 2-1. Where are you now Kang Eunji?” Yoonah laughed. “Besides, I just make this up to upset him.” She laughed harder.

 

Eunji lips open in shock and slowly closed it back slightly embarrassed. In fact, she only slept for an hour last night because of this stupid matter.

 

“And you don’t just list down our classmate, but whole classes in second year; 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, and even 2-6.” Yoonah grabbed the list on Eunji table as she started to read it.

 

“Shut up.” Eunji snatched back the lists,

 

“Seriously, Eunji? Why?”

 

“You said, if that person cannot recall their classmates he is stupid, it’s also means if he can remember the names he‘s average. Well, I don’t want to be an average, I want to be excellent. That’s why…”

 

“That’s why you list down the name of the student in our year?” Yoonah cut her.

 

“Precisely, yes.” Eunji glared at Yoonah who still laughed. “Don’t ever make up things like this okay?” Eunji warned before yawned tiredly. “I didn’t sleep well last night.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoonah bowed pretend to feel guilty before she burst into laughter. “But this is seriously funny.”

 

“What are you doing geek?” Suho snatched the sheet from Eunji. “What is this?”

 

“You can take it if you want.” That’s not really important now anyway.  Eunji folded her arms on the table, leans her head ready to take a nap before the class start.

 

“So this is your method to approach her?” Yoonah whispered to Suho. She eyed the other student, making sure they don’t hear it. “You messed up with her, making everyone thought you hate her at the same time distinguished their suspicious about you and Eunji. Wow! You’re a real Jjang.” Yoonah give him a thumb up.

 

Heck! This freak is over thinking. Suho bite his lips preventing him from laughter. “This will be our little secret.” He winked. Yoonah nodded and giggled at him.

 

Suho cracked his head to the side to see Eunji angry reaction. Lately, he felt like addicted to see her angry reaction. Especially when she had that funny shade of pink on her cheek. But, unfortunately she had already slept. “Sleep?  What exactly she had been doing last night?” Suho frowned.

 

After Yoonah explained what exactly happened, Suho face soured.

 

“Y-you lied?” Asked Suho.

 

“Of course.”

 

"." He muttered. “Look here.” Suho took out a piece of paper from his bag. He showed her the name list of students in their class. “I list it last night.”

 

“Even you too?” Yoonah chuckled this time. “You two are faithfully the same! That’s why you’re together?”

 

“Lower your voice.” He warned, she quickly covered with palm. “I’m sorry.” She apologized.

 

Lay step into the class after putting his guitar in the music club room. Yoonah and Suho turned to Lay. “You are late.” She pouted. “You forgot to bring the key again?”

 

“Yep, and you know what? Even the security guard already duplicates an extra key in case I forgot to bring the key.” Lay rubbed the back of his head and smile shyly. She laughed. “Lay, you seriously.” He just replied with his shy laughed.

 

He about to walk to his seat but didn’t when he saw Eunji’s is sleeping. He walked toward them still didn’t realize the new member there. “I wonder what she has been studying last night.” With that he playfully poked her face. “Wake up, sleep head.” He whispered right beside her ear.

 

“Five more minutes, please.” Eunji mumbled sheepishly, hiding her face in his arms.  Yoonah laughed with this before Lay joins her. “Yah she really is tired? That’s rare.” Lay asked Yoonah. As he looked up he finally realize, someone glaring at him.

 

 He stood straight. “What is he doing here?” Lay asked Yoonah clueless, innocently ignoring Suho’s death glare.

 

“Oh before I forgot, I want to ask can I tell about him about this thingy.” Yoonah asked Suho.

 

“Can he be trusted?” Suho continue his glare, only this time up and down. He of course doesn’t trust this guy.

 

“Of course!”

 

“But, I don’t trust him.” He stated dryly. He felt sickened the by their unnecessary closeness.

 

“What are you talking now?” Lay asked, looking at them clueless.

 

“Wait Lay,” She turned to Suho again. “He really is can be trusted.” She assured.

 

Just then Suho, saw a glimpse of Kris and Jenny walking to class 2-1. “Whatever, but I don’t want it to go around in this school.” He quickly said and went to his seat before Jenny stepped in.

 

-

 

“I told you so. That the insufferable player is up to something!” Yoonah stated proudly. “Though he’s somehow desperate, but I can promise you one thing. He’s the guy with standard, nevertheless, he will never after someone like you.”

 

Someone like me?

 

Eunji’s gazes dropped, suddenly lost her appetite.

 

“So you said that Luhan did to you all those is only to get my attention?” Yoonah turned to Lay with disbelief expression. Lay raised his shoulder. Yoonah turned back to Eunji. “Maybe he really has some dark attention toward me.” She nodded her head confidently.

 

“Or is he still has some feeling toward me?” She muttered loudly. “So Lay, do you want to confirm it?” Yoonah asked Lay.

 

“Confirm what?” Lay asked with muffled sound as his mouth full of food.

 

“About that insufferable player true intention, of course.” She pouted.

 

“How?”

 

“For that, let me think.” A curve of mischievous smile started to appear on her face.

 

The rest of the topic, Eunji doesn’t really pay attention as her mind already drift away when she looked at the Suho’s table in the cafeteria. She saw, Kris, Kai, Hyeri and Jenny there, laughing and joking around while having their lunch. They looked absolutely like a piece of art. Eunji exhaled, looking at them slightly enviously.

 

Is there really a different standard between them?

 

Her thought disappears when she saw Suho spot her staring at them.  When he realized her eyes already narrowed to him, he gave her, his famous smirk. ‘Wake up, Babo.’ Mouthed Suho.

 

Felt like caught red-handed gawking over him. She huffed and looked away, embarrassed. He chuckled, eyed her closely, especially at that funny pink shaded on her cheeks again.            

 

-

 

 

Sure, there’s no one else beside him inside the court, Kris turned off the light and locked it. He slung the bag on his shoulder as he walked. Suddenly a sound of thunder making him somewhat jumps before followed by a loud sound signalling a heavy rain.

 

“.” He cursed; he forgot to bring an umbrella today. How was he supposed to get home?

 

He stopped when he about to pass the locker area as he saw a glimpse of girl. Well to be exact the umbrella in the girl hand that really caught his attention. Decide to ask for sharing, he quickly changed his direction and come toward the girl.

 

“Excuse…” He was being cut a few steps away behind her when she suddenly threw away the umbrella.

 

What the heck?

 

“Isn’t this too much?” He heard the girl mumbled with trembling body.

 

That voice. Kang Eunji?

 

His eyes trailed to the thrown umbrella and he finally realized that the umbrella already broken, and from the look of the umbrella, he’s sure the umbrella broke not from her throw. But, the umbrella already broke before that. There must be somebody sabotage her. Is she alright?

 

“Kang Eunji,” he called. “What’s going on?”

 

She turned with red eyes. Her eyes widened when she saw him. “Kris?” Her voice cracked. She quickly throws her drench text book which she held in her arm inside her locker and closed it. Her palm firm on her locker. “What are you doing here?” She tried her best to sound calm.

 

Did he just see her text book, soak with water? How come? Then his eyes saw there’s water dripping from her locker. 

 

“What’s going on?” Asked Kris once again, ignoring her question. He eyed her locker.

 

Eunji realized where his eyes went, she heaves a long shaky sighed. But her quivering lips caught his attention.

 

“Who did this to you?” Kris asked another question.

 

“It’s none of your business.”  

 

“Kang Eunji-“

 

“Leave me alone.”

 

“What?”

 

“I said leave me alone!” She yelled finally looking at him. “I don’t want anyone to see me like this, especially you. Is that clear?” Unintentionally she pulled her palm from her locker. The locker door slowly opened, making all her things inside the locker slipped out.

 

“Crap.” She muttered. Damn can this get any worse? She slowly stooped down on her knees to pick her stuff. Her eyes started getting teary when she saw all her notes drenched. All her hard work. She bit her inner cheeks hard, trying her best not to cry, mainly when Kris is here watching her.

 

Kris stepped closer, when he saw a badly written note, he picked it up and read it.

 

Get out of here !

A like you doesn’t belong here!

 

“Am I really a detestable person?” Kris heard a slow whispered. He looked down at Eunji. His expressions empty. “What exactly was I doing wrong with them that can give them the special excuse to treat me like this?” Her voice cracked once again, while her head still held low.

 

“Stop being so damn difficult.” He slowly whispered, his expression harsh, making she looked up, glaring at him with her bloodshot eyes.

 

“Shh!” She hushed he before stood up and fixing her skirt.  "Sometimes—God, sometimes I just want to scream at you that I get it, okay? I get that you're better than me at literally everything, usually without even meaning to be. I get that you're smarter, and, and more responsible, and more prepared for things. And that I-I was wrong. Is that what you want to hear from me?"

 

His expression flickered for a second. “No.”

 

She studied him, feeling rage begin to slowly simmer in her stomach. “Then?”

 

He leaned against the wall, "You tell me.”

 

“Tell you what?” Her expression hardened.

 

“I won’t do anything to you if you don’t start it first," he admitted, cocking his head to the side. “Why’d you done that? Annoyed me?”

 

“I certainly was not!” She exploded.

 

"You know, I think you might be lying about that," he answered slowly, calmly. His glared piercing her.

 

“It's because... I can't stand the sight of you. Your appearance is provocative to me. I... I just hate you.” She finally admitted it, trailed off, pausing for a precious, uneven second. "Are you done now?"

 

Kris didn’t say a word. He stared at her for what felt like forever—the seconds stretched, melded together, interminable, and she suddenly wanted him to say somethinganything, to stop the silence, because she wasn't sure what was happening, why her feet felt glued to the floor, why she couldn't look away. Eunji then cleared , before proceeding.

 

“For your information, before you came here two years ago, everyday my appa told me about you. How good you are at sports, your intelligent, how great your behaviour in front older people and how proud he is for you.” She paused eyeing him. “But, why he so proud of you instead of me, I’m his daughter, my result never failed his expectation. Still, he never said he proud of me.” Her voice sounds broken. “Well, I’m still okay, because I have teachers, friends who still support me. And at the time I thought, ‘maybe this is my life, my happiness is at school where everybody can accept me the way I am.’ You just appeared out of nowhere and took everything I had left. How great that was?” She laughed awkwardly. Little by little she stopped when he didn’t give any reaction to her.

 

“Figure.” he replied lightly, smirking.

 

She pressed her lips together, agitated more than she cared to admit to by his casual demeanor—how did he do that? How did he act as if he could barely be bothered, even while his eyes flashed sparks? Every inch of him was abuzz with tension, yet he appeared unruffled, his voice velvety soft.

 

“I shouldn’t tell you all this. Indeed I’m an idiot.” She shook her head, regret by her immature outburst. Eunji looked away once again felt ashamed more than ever. What’s wrong with her actually? Told him all that unnecessary stuff? Man, this must be because the lack of sleep last night, making her brain cannot function well. Aish seriously this is too embarrassing! She quickly squatted down and picked her note and stuffed it into her locker. She locked the locker and walked off without giving him a second glance.

 

“Where in the world are you going?” She heard Kris called after her but she ignored it. “There’s heavy rain out there.” He reminded her.

 

Of course she knew about that, she’s not a deaf yet. But compare to stay with him after confessing all that stupid stuff, she prefers walking home in the rain. She heard he called her a few times and she ignored it anyway.

 

-

 

“Jenny,” Suho called when Jenny and Hyeri went to queue to get their lunch. “Like usual.” He winked.

 

Jenny pouted, pretend to consider it before shrugged it off with a smile. “Alright.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Hyeri,” This time Kai called Hyeri. “Like usual,” He copied Suho’s wink.

 

“Yah, you copycat!” Suho put her arm around Kai neck and pretend to do the smack down action. They both laughed while the girls in the cafeteria giggled by their fan-service. Hyeri on the other hand looked at Kai with clueless face.

 

“What the hell is he talking about?” She muttered. Jenny smiled by her friend confused face.

 

“Just buy him a hamburger. He likes western food.” Jenny whispered and smiled kindly at Hyeri.

 

“Alright then.” Hyeri nodded.

 

“Me, like always too?” Jenny jumped when out of the blue a voice whispered from her back.

 

“What do you want Park Chanyeol?” Jenny whined while rubbed her chest from shock.

 

“You think?” He beamed at her.

 

Jenny turned to Hyeri and gave her the face; help me.

 

“Yah, Park Chanyeol you already in the queue, just order one for yourself couldn’t you?” Asked Hyeri somewhat irked.

 

“But I want her to order it for me.” He pouted like a baby, only it sounds creepy with his deep voice.

 

‘Ignore him.’ Hyeri mouthed to Jenny.

 

“But.” She gave a second glance to Chanyeol. Oh my god, how could she say no when he makes that face. “What do you want?” She gave up.

 

Hyeri shook her head. ‘I’m sorry.’ Jenny mouthed to Hyeri.

 

“What's with this long face?” Kai asked as he took a seat beside Kris.

 

Kris cleared his throat, snapped his mind away from worrying about Eunji strange behavior yesterday. “Nothing.” Answered Kris.

 

Suho looked around with a rather gloomy face.  “Today is super boring.” Suho leans his head on the table with a huge frown on his face.

 

“What’s wrong-“

 

‘Just ignored him.’ Kai stopped Kris. ‘He’s been like that since the morning.’

 

“What happened?” Whispered Kris.

 

“That geek not showing up today. So, this rascal feels so down because he has no one to mess up with.”

 

“Kang Eunji is absent?” 

 

“Yes, really rare right?” he smirked.

 

“Why?”

 

“Don’t have a clue.” This time Kai laughed. “The only things stuck in my mind is, her ing genius brain is bursting out from overflowing information. Even her brain cannot stay with her no more. It’s only a matter of time her friends will leave her too.” He laughed harder while Kris just stared.

 

“Yah, stop it.” Suho looked at Kai in annoyed. “Don’t you think you are being ridiculous?” he warned.

 

Kris brows arc in curious by Suho abnormal behavior. Kai stopped his laughter for a moment. Both of them stared at him. Had he just backed up Kang Eunji?

 

Realizing his mistake, Suho quickly added. “Can’t you see how huge her head is? There’s no way that big head girl is going to burst out?” This time Suho laughed and Kai tensely joins him.

 

“Yah, you almost got me there!” Kai jokingly punched Suho’s shoulder. “Seriously!”

 

Me too.

 

“You are stupid then for believing it.” Suho smirked, before his eyes unconsciously narrowed to the certain spot with the very teeny tiny little bit worried expression that he professionally covered it with his chuckle. Kris didn’t lose it of course. Kris turned to the direction and realized that was the place where Eunji and her gang always sat.

 

-

 

That night Kris hesitantly pressed the doorbell button. It’s been months since he comes here. It feels somehow strange. The last time he came with his parents having dinner here. Consequently, come here alone is really feel nerve wrecking. Suddenly a sound of maid asking him who is he from the intercom interrupting him in his thought.

 

He hesitantly answered. “It’s me.”

 

“Mr Kris?” The maid sounds excited before a click sound on the gate. “Please come in.” 

 

“Hm.”

 

He stepped inside the mansion, of course this mansion cannot compare with his, but this mansion is not that bad either.

 

“It’s been ages.” Mr. Kang laughed warmly when he saw Kris. He put down the remote control before stood up.

 

“I’m sorry for showing up at this inappropriate time, sir.” Kris bowed. “It's just, I heard Kan- I mean Eunji is absent today." He quickly corrected it. Damn that was so close. "Is she okay?”

 

The old man laughed harder, he come and gave Kris a kindly hug. “What an inappropriate time?” He let go of Kris after giving him a pat on the back. “There’s no such an inappropriate time for my son-in-law to pay his visit here." Another laughter erupted.

 

“Yes sir.” 

 


 

 

My God! I’m sorry if this chapter is too confusing or messed up., I hope you can understand it the story line here.

 

And yeah, here’s the chapter 15.

Please do enjoy it. ^^

And…

Don’t forget to comment!!

You MUST!!

No, just kidding, but please do comment to let me know someone is reading my story.,

It will made my day.,

I really appreciate when you comment me., Thank You so much!!! ^^

And did you guys realize the change in the poster.,

Thanks to the NoLimitxInfinite from ❉ Bunny Confectioneries ❉  for re do it.,

I hope you guys like it..

 

 

angie1: Thank you., You getting annoyed by Suho? Hahaha. Okay I’ll try to put more Kris-Eunji scenes., ^^

 

surrealthoughts: Thank you., I’ll try my best..

 

BeautyDarkAngel: That’s for you to figure out., if I tell you now, it’s only will spoil the whole story.. I’m sorry.,

 

altairspica1: Maybe he is., hehehehe

 

adee_k: Welcome my new reader!! ^^ Thanks for liking my story!!

 

-Muasbby: Your comment really touched me., I don’t know how to express my gratitude to you. You always here when I update., it really touched me., :’) And about the poster I actually thought the same., heehee., And I promise I will try to put more Euris moment.

 

bumble_bee21: I’ll try update sooner.,

 

cyfiel: Love you more!! Hahahaha., Suho here really an annoying jerk that can sweet talk.,. thanks for liking his character here.,. ^^ I hope you’ll keep supporting me.,, hehe

 

maruko: Thank you *bow*