Chapter 2

I'm WHOSE?!

-Never Alone-

 


 

Last night Eunji had stayed up fairly late. It wasn't something new for Eunji to stay up late, but this time it wasn't for the usual reason. She didn't stay up late to study like she usually would have, but rather to stare at the confusing note she had received that day.

 

It was so frustrating, she even wasted two hours just staring at the note instead of studying. Though that it was so perplexing, she still felt something was fishy about the note. Why ‘I’m sorry’? It’s not like she would get mad at someone for finding her pen for her. She wasn't insane yet, was she? Instead she was very thankful to that person. But still, why ‘I’m sorry’?

 

As she began walking to school, she quickly put the note back in her bag safely and took out some of notes that she was supposed to revise yesterday. A journey from home to school took about 15 minutes. That much time could be used to revise one sub topic.

 

Unfortunately, she had been concentrating so hard on her notes that she didn’t realize that she already passed her school’s gate. Suddenly her concentration was interrupted when someone pulled on the back of her coat and she crashed into something firm, but warm.

 

What is that? A someone?

 

“Where are you going, nerdy?” That voice could only belong to a member of the jerk trio.

 

Eunji quickly moved away from the unfamiliar closeness. “What do you want?” She asked in annoyance.

 

Then she realized today it was only Suho. “What do you want?” She snarled again, dangerously, and took a few steps back cautiously. However, she only received his smile.

 

Eunji was fully aware that these three guys were always messing with her, but when Suho was the only one present, it was a whole other story. Things could become so unpredictable, and in dangerous way. Though it was hard, she had to admit that she was sometimes scared of the guy’s innocent smile. It always meant he was up to something.

 

She still couldn't clearly remember the last time she encountered the guy alone. It was when she had to stay after school and help a teacher repair a broken chair. Well, she couldn't reject a teacher's request, so she helped him, but the teacher ended up leaving because he said he had something urgent. Soon she was left alone in a gloomy, dirty storage room. She hated to be in dark places such as that.

 

Suddenly, someone else entered the room. “What are you doing here alone?” Suho asked as he closed the door behind him with his back.

 

“Obviously, it’s none of your business.”She answered without looking at him. He was too irritating to look at.

 

There was a silence for a couple of moments. Eunji could feel his eyes boring into her back, trying to make her uncomfortable, but she somehow managed to ignore it. She continued work and wrote on a piece of paper.

 

“What are you doing here? I supposed you should get home by now.” Her eyes finally trailed onto him. She saw that he was wearing his football jersey and shorts. She could see the sweat on his jersey, which helped to emphasize how well his muscles already developed. She quickly shook her head from the weird thought she had about this guy's body. It was just too absurd.

 

Okay, Eunji, straight to the point. Him wearing the jersey, it meant that he was playing football. So that answered why he was still at the school at that time, but it didn’t tell her what he was doing there... in the supply closet.

 

He smiled and looked at his watch. “Took you a whole ten minutes to acknowledge my existence here?” He clapped his hand. “Congratulations! You have set a new record.”

 

Eunji overlooked his funny statement and asked with an expressionless face. “I’m asking you, what are you doing here?”

 

His smile completely faded and replaced with an evil smirk. He stood up straight and walked to her. “Don’t you dare demand anything from me! You didn’t answer my question yet.”

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked when his body was only at arm's length from hers and his height was towering over her. Though his height was merely average, he still towered over Eunji's small body.

 

Eunji sighed and looked away. “I'm helping a teacher, can’t you see?” Her hand pointed to the chair.

 

“Alone?” He stepped closer, with a mischievous smile.

 

Eunji didn’t realize it though, because her eyes were somewhere else.

 

“Kind of. He’s up to something urgent.” Eunji turned her back toward him and continued to count again.

 

“Don’t you feel scared?” He whispered dangerously close to her back.

 

“Scared of what? A mouse? Cockroaches?” Eunji chuckled but abruptly stopped when she realized she was being pushed to the nearest wall. Before her head was about to hit the wall a palm securely covered the back of her head.

 

“Something like this?” Suho whispered again with his nose just a mere inch away from hers.  One of his hands was firmly holding her shoulder and trapping her against the wall, while the other was still at the back of her head with it’s thumb moving in circular motion on her temple. “What if you're alone and someone attacks you... and you can't call for help?"

 

Eunji’s heart was thumping loudly. So much so that she was sure that he could feel it. Her legs felt like jelly, but she knew she couldn't show him how scared she was. It would only satisfy him.

 

“What are you doing?” She managed to set a straight face while asking the question so that only God knew how weak she was really feeling.

 

“You guess.” he looked at her with the same mischevious expression.

 

She could feel his breath on her face and smelled his sweet, masculine scent. The skin on his neck shone with the sweat that covered it. She nervosly gulped.

 

“No, it's my turn to ask you a question. And you need to answer it.” She said, while looking daringly into his eyes. She knew she shouldn’t do that. It would only lead things from bad to worse, but she didn’t want to lose either. So what now? It was a loss-loss scenario.

 

He chuckled and closed his eyes before leaning his forehead against hers. She gulped again. Then after a few moments, he pulled back and looked her in the eyes. His face suddenly became serious.

 

“Do you really want to know what I’m doing?” He asked.

 

“I-I” She was stuttering.

 

No! She wanted to yell. She was so scared. His eyes. Something about his eyes was telling her that if this continued, things would only get ugly. But before she could answer his question, his hand suddenly left the back of her head.

 

He took a few steps back, laughing half-heartedly while massaging his head in annoyance.  “Don’t you already know the answer to that?” He asked, clearly trying to put all the blame onto her.

 

“What?” Eunji was speechless for a few seconds.

 

“To mess around with you, of course!” He yelled at her frustratingly. “I thought you were called a genius for a reason.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Eunji frowned.

 

“Nothing is wrong with me!” He yelled again. “It’s you. You're the idiot here!”

 

He turned and stormed off. Eunji was left dumbfounded.

 

“Where do you think you're going?”

 

 Eunji was snapped back into reality and looked at the guy in front of her anxiously. Then she looked at her surroundings and realizing that she had already passed the school gates.

 

Her eyes widened. Not again! It was the second time that week.

 

Eunji backed off a few steps to put a bigger distance between them and walked back toward her school gates. She was completely ignoring him.

 

Suho smirked and walked to her. He knew that with him having longer legs, he wouldn't need to run to keep up with the small girl's pace.

 

“So you’re getting lost on your way to school because you're too preoccupied with those damn notes huh?” He asked again as he managed to come up beside her.

 

“It's none of your business.”

 

“You know I won't ever take that as an answer.” He smiled.

 

Eunji stayed silent and kept walking. Ignoring this jerk would be the better decision.

 

“Well, if you insist on ignoring me, I guess it's up to you. All I know is that I saved you today from getting lost, so you owe me one. Remember that. Don't worry, I promise I’ll make you pay me back.” He smiled for the last time before pushing the top of her head a bit too hard and walking away. As she lifted her head back up, she found he had stopped a few meters away from her and was in the process of greeting Jenny, the most perfect girl in the school.

 

That jerk.

 


 

Hola!! A new chapter again.,. Thanks for subscribing to my story.,

And also thanks to SuHoisMINE, MrsInfinitelySimple, -Muasbby, BlueViolet122, and kissmexotic1494 for commenting on my story. Seriously, you guys, it really makes my day.,. Love you all.,. :)

PS: And don't forget to comment after you read.,.

 

XOXO