Chapter 3

I'm WHOSE?!

-Play Nice-

 


 

Eunji and her best friend, Yoonah were at the library studying.  Eunji liked to spend time in library. She felt relaxed and as if she really belonged there. The place could provide all the information she would ever need, via books or internet. The other reason she favored the library so much was because it was the only place that those three jerks couldn't find her.  Ahh, everything ws so peaceful in the library.

 

In contrast to Eunji wanting to actually be there, Yoonah only tagged along because their friend Lay was busy with something in the music club. So if she ever sought company from her other best friend, Eunji, she'd come to the library. She was always sure she’d find Eunji at the library whenever they had free time.

 

“So, did you hear about the new gossip?” Yoonah asked.

 

Eunji slowly lifted her gaze from the book she was reading, with a frown. She hated being interrupted while reading. “What?” Eunji asked, not really caring at all.

 

“You don’t know?” Yoonah's mouth was agape for a second before she closed it back up and smiled. “Of course you don’t know. You never had an interest in gossiping after all.”

 

“At least there's one thing you’re right about.” Eunji eyes moved back to her biology book.

 

“But,I want tell you though.” Yoonah pushed away her books and come closer to Eunji

 

“Not interested.”

 

“It’s about Kris.”Yoonah tried to attract attention from Eunji.

 

“None of my concern.”

 

“It’s Kris, the only human being that can compete with your genius brain in this whole school! You really don’t want to know?”

 

“Nope.” Eunji eyes were still glued to the book.

 

“Eunji-ah, can you just listen?  I’m your best friend! Even if you’re not interested, can’t you just act like you are?” She pouted before looking away and mumbling. “That’s why you don’t have any other friends besides me and Lay. Always giving us the cold shoulder.”

 

Eunji slowly shook her head and closed her book, she gave in. She knew how her best friend was. Though Yoonah would always keep babbling and criticizing her brain, lack of social life, and anything else that is merely insignificant to Eunji, Yoonah was still a really  caring person. Yoonah always been there for Eunji. Whenever someone would try to make fun of her, Yoonah was always there to protect her. Always, even though sometimes she could be absolutely annoying. Well, that was her charm wasn't it? With those chubby cheeks and big round eyes of hers, I don’t think anyone could ever be angry with her.

 

“Okay, tell me. What about him?”

 

“You really want to hear it?” She turned around with a big cheerful smile.

 

Eunji exhaled deeply. She didn't have any other option did she? "Yep."

 

“I heard he's finally with someone right now.” She whispered. “So he actually has feelings for a girl. Seriously, I thought he was gay. With that face and body, it’s really weird you know what I mean?”

 

Not this kind of gossip again. On top of that, it was about God damn Kris. First fact, he was the first student to ever make fun of her, eventually getting guys like Suho involved as well. He was the type of guy who thought that making her feel sick from anger was pure entertainment. He was like some kind of leader in the school, though he hadn't ever officially declared it. Students just followed whatever he said or did, just so they could be acknowledged by others, such as bullying Eunji. Such a jerk.

 

Second fact, Kris was the only other student that managed to beat her in academics, thus replacing himself as the top student over Eunji. For God’s sake, she hadn't ever gotten less than first place until Kris came into the picture. And he wasn't doing anything to earn it either; she never saw him study, only drooling during class. It was ridiculous; he must've had some kind of inside connection with the school. That was what she told herslef, only to comfort her severely wounded pride.

 

Third fact, He was… Ah, whatever. She hated him... no, she loathed him, and that was the fact. Was there any other need to explain more details as to why she did? So, could someone answer the question? Why in the world would she care about something related to this guy? She turned her head back to Yoonah and saw how she was waiting excitedly for her to reply.

 

Not that look again.

 

“With who?” Eunji asked coldly.

 

“Jenny.”

 

That was the only thing that finally attracted her attention.

 

“I thought she was with that Suho jerk!”

 

“Erm, Eunji, I guess I just now realized how out of it you are in all this.” Yoonah laughed.

 

“What? Did I miss something?” Eunji asked irritatedly, she hated feeling clueless. “I saw them together this morning. A few days ago as well. And they always go home together, don't they?”

 

“Eunji-ah! What are you talking about? They broke up like two years ago. When we still back in the middle school. Where have you been these past couple years?” Yoonah laughed again.

 

“What so funny about that? They still hang out together. I bet there’s still something between them.” Eunji shrugged.

 

“Well, I think so too.  But he’s got his own girlfriend. Even though it isn't my business, I prefer Jenny over the current one. I mean, she’s got that goddess look, that S body line, and she still has manners and is very friendly. Sometimes I really adore her.”

 

“Yeah, me too. Not everyone talks to me nicely, but she always does.” Eunji nodded. "Wait, you said Suho’s got a girlfriend? Who? Is she student from our school?”

 

“Yeah, you know her. She’s Jung Chaerin.”

 

“What? That Jung Chaerin? The loud cheerleading captain?”

 

“Yeah, I know. She’s a . She's literally gone out with almost all the male students in our school.  I thought he'd have better taste.”

 

“Well, you know what, I think that couple is match made in hell. A jerk and a-”

 

“.” Yoonah ended her sentenced.

 

“Yes, that!” She smiled. Eunji couldn't ever find it in herself to swear.

 

“Who's a ?” A voice was heard behind them. They turned quickly and saw Lay.

 

“Lay, stop doing that!” Yoonah yelled at him, totally shocked. “I almost got a heart attac-” She was cut off when Lay and Eunji put their palms over to stop her from yelling.

 

“We’re sorry, we’re sorry.” Lay and Eunji said to the other students in the library, who had just been interrupted from their studies by Yoonah's loud mouth.

 

“Yah, Yoonah! What do you think you’re yelling for?” Eunji whispered harshly to Yoonah after all the other students began continuing their studies. “This is the library!”

 

“Such a library freak.” Yoonah pouted after being released.

 

“Guess you’re right.” Eunji smiled.

 

“Well, I’m always right.” Yoonah snorted, ignoring Eunji's derisive comment while quickly packing up her books. Lay and Eunji just smiled while looking at their best friend's spoiled behavior.

 

“Let’s go, Lay.” Yoonah said to Lay after packing up her stuff. “Are you coming, Eunji?”

 

“No, I’m on duty today.”

 

“Not again! We barely spent time together, Eunji-ah” Yoonah pouted, trying to persuade Eunji by grabbing her hand so she would follow them.

 

“Yeah, after you got that badge” Lay pointed to the green librarian patch on Eunji's' chest. “It feels like we never get to hang out together anymore. You're always busy, you know that?” Lay pouted innocently. He exchanged looks with Yoonah and she nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Sorry guys, but it’s really a no today. I already promised the teacher.”

 

“Yeah right, always help the teachers and just abandon the best friends.” Yoonah sighed. “Let’s go, Lay.” Yoonah quickly grabbed Lay by the arm and dragged him off.

 

“Yoonah, listen to me-“

 

“It’s okay Eunji. Just save the excuses for later. See ya!” Yoonah cut Eunji without looking back with Lay’s arm in her hold. Lay on the other side was only able to mouth ‘Take Care” to Eunji before they disappeared behind the door.

 

Eunji smiled and sighed, there they go, her best friends.

 

-

 

Eunji picked up the last history book that she needed to put back on the rack before closing the library for the day. She then realized that it's proper place was at the very top of the shelf. She sighed, with her height, she was fully aware that she'd need help from the ladder.

 

So she began climbing ladder. But suddenly, as she took a second step onto the ladder, it moved rapidly to the side of the rack and tilted so it was only standing on one of its legs. Oh no, she knew what was gonna happen next. She quickly closed her eyes before receiving the impact.

 

“Watch out!” She heard someone scream and it was only the spur of the moment that she realized she had fallen on someone's arm. A muscular arm. She could feel it. This certain person caught her easily as if she weighed as much as a feather. He also had a masculine cologne on that she could smell as her face basically leaned against his chest. The smell pleased her somehow.

 

The guy quickly put her back on her feet. He asked, “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine. Thank-” She stopped half way as her eyes met a pair of sharp eyes she recognized. “…why?” She ended up asking a question back to the guy who was at least one foot taller than her, the one who had made her life a living hell, wounded her pride, and was her only nemesis: Kris.

 

Oh God, did she just smell this guy earlier and actually become quite thrilled by his scent? So disgusting! She felt like she was going to puke.

 

“Erm, I’m returning this.” He handed Eunji a book at the same time he took the history book from her other hand. “I suppose the book belongs here.” He put the history book on its high rack easily without the ladder, only by tip-toeing.

 

“All done?” he asked, as if there was anything else he had to feel free to help her with. Like hell she would let him.

 

She shook her head like that was the silliest thing she'd ever heard. She quickly walked past him and returned to the counter to put the book he just returned in the return box. She would do that tomorrow; one more second spent with this guy would make her feel nauseated. She quickly packed up her stuff and walked to the door waiting for him to come out as well so she could close the library.

 

But she only received a sharp gaze from him. She knew that kind of gaze; the gaze that could make any girl melt. She remembered Yoonah telling her about it, but she wasn't going to fall for it. Because she’s not just any girl. She’s Kang Eunji, the pride of the school. She'd never fall this easily for a guy, especially if it's a guy she despises so.

 

“Do you mind?” She said while waiting for him at the door. “It’s already closing time.” She pointed to the clock.

 

“Why didn’t you return the book?” He nodded his head to the return box.

 

“There’s still tomorrow.” She shrugged not looking at him.

 

Did this guy really want her to say directly to his face that she felt sick whenever he was around her?

 

“No, tomorrow won’t do. The book is due today. If you do it tomorrow, I have to pay for the penalty. I don’t want to pay it just because the librarian here  is too lazy to do that.”

 

“Whatever. I’ll pay it for you.” Eunji ignored his comment. She really couldn’t stand the guy; one of them needed to get out of the room so she could breathe again.

 

“No, you can’t do that.”

 

“Why? I already turned off the computer, and it's already too late. I should close the library.”

 

“Just do it, right now.”

 

Did he just command her to do something? How dare he!

 When the guy still remained unmoving, Eunji exhaled loudly and stormed back to the counter. She the computer harshly, trying to show him how much she despised him at that moment. As she was waiting for the computer to loading, she heard his voice again.

 

“Is it that really hard?”

 

“Actually, yes.” She said as a matter of fact. “And I have to do it all just because you need to return this book right this moment, which also happens to be very, very late. Now I have to hold the library open and stay after. And also did I mention that I need to turn on back the computer that I just shut…” Before she could continue any further, he interrupted her.

 

“To say thanks?”

 

“What?” She was speechless for a few seconds before finally understood what he meant.

 

“I saved you.” He stepped closer to her, with his arms folded over his chest and making a straight-face. He asked again. “Is that really hard?”

 

How absurd could this guy really be?

 

“To you, it is.” She answered with the same cold expression he had on.

 

Gosh, Was there any other answer he was expecting?

 

He stayed silent for a few seconds before rolling his eyes, completely annoyed. His arms fell to his sides and he started walking to the door.

 

Finally, she commented inwardly as she thought he was finally going to leave her.

 

“You know, if you can’t thank me. You should at least play nice.” He informed without looking back. He then went off.

 

Whatever, dude!

 

Then Eunji finally realized, after she attempted to return his book by the usual procedure, the book couldn't be returned because it hadn't even been borrowed in the first place. Was he just playing with her this whole time?

 

What the heck?!

 

Oh, how much she hated him at that moment.

 


 

There it is, the third chapter.,

First of all, I'm really sorry for updating really-really late.,.

This whole week was really busy,. I have so many projects i need to finish for my studies.,. (=..=)

I hope you understand,.. thanx., ^_^

Also thank you for commenting on my story.,. 

And enjoy, don't forget to comment.,. Peace