Chapter 22

I'm WHOSE?!

-Fast-


 

Let’s stop this pretending.”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Let’s date for real.”

 

Eunji felt her jaw drop. She stared at the person in front of her like he has grown a second head. And he unexpectedly held the same expression as her. The thumbs on her cheek and neck were still frozen. Or not to mention his whole body was rigid stiff. Only his panting breaths could be heard. Regaining her suddenly lost voice, she asked slowly. “Ex-excuse me?”

 

When he didn’t respond to her only chewing his swollen red lips, she added. “What did you say?”

 

He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing come out. With a sigh, he closed it back hesitantly. Man, what the hell he just said? It happened too fast, like his mouth blurted it out without his permission. And now could someone help him? He, Kim Suho for once, doesn’t know how to answer her. Doesn’t know how to trick and turning her words back.

 

He doesn’t even know how to react to this.

 

Then, his gaze slowly went to his thumb on her cheek. He felt her warm cheek in his palm. For once he felt so relieved after a spending his summer full of anxiousness without her, in his head only of course. Get a grip Kim Suho! But, currently, the only matter to him  was she was real, very solid, and standing in front of him, not only he could see her but he can prove it by touch her, for Christmas’s sake! Finally! Absent-mindedly his thumb started to her cheek lazily.

 

“Dude?” A voice come, pulling him out of his reverie.

 

Both of them turned to the source of the sound and come face to face to a very confuse Kai who watched them. “What are you doing here?” Kai stepped closer as his gaze shifted to Suho’s thumb on Eunji’s cheek. His gaze turned to glare.

 

Seeing that, Suho clumsily withdrew both of his hands to his side. On the other hand Eunji grabbed this chance to run off with tomato red face, escaping him. !

 

Kai smiled, watching Kang Eunji stumbled over a stone and ungracefully stood up and disappeared behind a corner. He about to laugh out loud from the cute accident just happened in front of them or even compliment his best friend for making that stuck-up geek know her place, only stopped when he heard a tsk-ed sound from his side. His gaze back to his best friend, the next thing he saw the  ridiculous thing he never thought would happen. He saw a very agitated Suho’s staring at the path Kang Eunji also known as Bossy/Ugly/Snobbish/Geek in his diary, just took. Or scratch that, there’s no Kang Eunji in the first place actually only a stupid stuck-up nerd. Back to his best friend, Kai’s bros furrowed while staring at Suho.

 

What's with that look? Is he really serious? Asking her that?

 

“Don’t tell me you’re ing serious about it?” Kai’s smiled disappeared.

 

Suho heaved a sigh, and fixed his bag’s strap on his shoulder. “About what?” He stepped up first not really appreciated Kai’s question or even his sudden appearance.

 

Kai ran to his side. “About asking her to be your girlfriend like for real.” He emphasized the last two words. Suho’s step ended. He finally returned his gaze to Kai. “When did I—“

 

“No need to deny it. I heard it you say that to her, after you kissed that Geek.” By the word ‘kissed’ he made the super-gross sound like it was the most disgusting scene he ever saw. “Well, one thing, I never realize you will  enjoy to kiss a Geek? You’re sick man!” Kai shook his head and left the surprise Suho by himself.

 

Suho gaped for a few seconds, and finally recalled all the things happened. His heart dropped.

 

! What the hell am I getting into now!

 

-

 

“Man, how many times do you want me to repeat myself? I did that just like you thought why I had done it.” Suho practically screaming in the corridor across the classes as they walk to their class. And he doesn’t care if his behaviour attracted attention from the students passed them. At least, it’s better than his best friend belittle him or worse lost his respect to him.

 

Kai smirked. “What is my thought then?”

 

“That I-I try to intimidate her… you know, like we always do. Come on, you realize that she and I have a certain deal together. I just try to get the upper hand here okay?” He tried his best to sound calm but only added more excuses. And it certainly made him look like a liar. Damn!

 

“Really?” Kai’s brow was cocking in a certain manner. And he definitely detested when Kai did that. It told him, he was enjoying this moment.

 

“Bastard, you really enjoying this, don’t you?”

 

“Uhuh! Especially when your ears colour turned like a pig colour.” He laughed harder. “You know the only meaning of that.”

 

Suho scowled shaking his head. “This is going nowhere.”

 

“Damn straight, until you admit yourself of course!”

 

“Think whatever you want, idiot! I won’t and never will!” He ended that topic and led their way.

 

“Quite a big denial, my friend is!” Kai said more to himself under his breath but loud enough for Suho to catch that. Suho clenched his fist and turned to his best friend. “What the is your problem, Kai?” A serious glare piercing into Kai’s calm one. “You think this is funny? Let me tell you, it’s not.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then?” Suho breathe out. “Don’t you think you are over thinking on this?”

 

“I thought I did at first.” Kai said honestly.

 

“What happened then?”

 

“You don’t realize it don’t you?” Kai was looking at him as he stepped closer so they can converse in a lower tone. “Don’t you remember what you kept telling me through the summer? You told me you keep seeing her, at the public library, or you thought one of your customers is her, or worse you said you saw her in Japan. Come on man, Japan? How ridiculous was that? You practically can’t get her out of your head this whole summer. Don’t you notice anything?” Kai patted Suho shoulder. “Think about it, my friend.” He walked passed him.

 

Suho on the other hand tightened his fist. He was irritated. Never in his life to accept an advise from Kai. It’s not like he didn’t trust his best friend. But most of it because, this guy always gave him a ridiculously stupid advice. But this time, he can’t. Something deep inside his heart told him to take that advice. However, that’s doesn’t mean he will follow his heart. He has a pride to hold.

 

“What if, I did that because I try to plan a new method to get on to her nerve?” This time, one thing he was sure. He lied. He never once thought about her that way, well at least in the last summer break, he didn’t plan any of that stupid methods. He just wanted to see her, he doesn’t have a clue why exactly. And he also doesn’t want someone to tell him the reason. Call him a coward or whatever. He doesn’t care. All he knew, he doesn’t want anyone to tell him anything about his new arrangement.

 

Kai spun on his toe to face Suho. “Do you want me to tell you a secret?”

 

“Secret?” Suho snorted.

 

He nodded. “That’s exactly what I force myself to believe at first. But after seeing you two doing that this morning. I just can’t force myself anymore. You screwed man! You screwed up really bad, dude. And I think your plan just backfires on you. I’m sorry.” Kai put on a sympathy face that anyone would know he only meant otherwise.

 

“.”

 

“Which plan backfired on him?”

 

They turned to the very familiar voice. “Jenny.” Suho softly spoke, broke the sudden silence.

 

Kai glared to Jenny before whispering to Suho. “Here comes your busybody bestie. Better don’t spill the The New Hot bean if you don’t want to get ignored for a whole week… or in this case maybe your whole life?” Suho elbowed Kai.

 

“Shut up. There’s nothing to spill after all.” Suho whispered back, harshly.

 

“You know I just stop believing that.” That statement earned a murderous glare from Suho.

 

Kai laughed before spinning and walk toward Jenny. She watched him, waiting for her answer, but unfortunately he just walked pass her, straight into the class. He didn’t greet her nor even spare her a glance. He acted like she didn’t exist at all. To her displeased, her question was left unanswered. 

 

Ignoring the irritating feeling started to build up inside when Kai overlooked her, she walked to Suho. “Morning.”

 

“Morning.” Suho replied briefly and put on his flower boy smile. When Jenny just stared at him, he added. “What?”

 

“Spill it.”

 

Come on! Can he have one peaceful morning?

 

“There’s nothing to spill.” Suho was relieved when his voice came out calmer than he thought he would sound. “Seriously, nothing.”

 

“But Kai…” Suddenly she was being cut by a loud voice of Park Chanyeol running to them. “Good Morning Jenny!” He greeted her loudly like she was 500 feet distance between them. The truth is the distance between them merely five feet. “How was your summer break?!” He asked with the same volume as before. Suho have already covered her ears with his palms.

 

The is wrong with this guy’s eardrum?

 

“Urm, we-well, my summer is fine. “ She nodded hesitantly, staring at him slightly anxious. Silently she wished that the next sentence would come out with a normal volume.

 

“My summer is good too! My family went to visit my granny at Jeju!”  Unfortunately God didn’t grant her ‘little’ wish. Suho pressed his palm harder on his ears as Chanyeol started to tell her how he spending his time in Jeju. Suho about to walk off leaving them but stopped when she wrapped her palm on his upper arm. Suho turned, and saw Jenny was giving the puppy eyes. He knew what this mean. Suho sighed, dropping his shoulder before grudgingly dragged his feet to Chanyeol.

 

“Dude, please. She’s still not deaf yet. So, don’t turn her to be one of you, alright?” Suho advised half-heartedly.

 

“Ae?” Chanyeol finally lower his voice.

 

“Speak lower.” Suho dismissed the topic and he spun his heels to the class back.

 

“Ah? Alright then.”

 

“Thanks, Suho.” Jenny mouthed to Suho in relieve. But sadly, Suho didn’t see any of it. His eyes and attention were set to the new scene in the class. When she saw the way Suho jaw clenched. Jenny curiously followed Suho’s gaze, she saw Kai bizarrely was making his way toward Kang Eunji. Not to mention, she noticed how Kai gave a smile with a mysterious glint towards them.

 

Jenny opened to ask Suho, what the hell is Kai trying to do, but she decided not to on the last moment when she saw how serious and intense Suho’s gaze toward Kai. If a mere glare can hurt a person, she’s sure Kai already severely injured. Seriously what the hell is happening here? Her eyes went back and forth a few times from her best friend to the sight in front of them. Gradually at last, Jenny learnt what that situation means, she felt her heart sunk to the endless bottom.

 

Oh My God! Please, don’t tell me Suho… No!

 

-

 

“So, erm… how was your summer?” He asked, trying to start the conversation.

 

“So-so.” Eunji answered reluctantly, eyes glued to the book.

 

“Well mine, it was super bad, and you know what? I don’t want to talk about it. And please don’t even trying to remind me about it. All right?” Yoonah waved off her hand before her eyes went back to her book that he’s sure she’s not reading it at all. She just pretended to read it.

 

Well, who the heck asks you in the first place?

 

Suho rolled his eyes from Yoonah and his eyes fixed to Eunji who sat directly in front of him. After watching Kang Eunji reading for another full minute, waiting for her explanation  what the hell is her best friend is doing here, when he still remember vividly that he wanted to talk to her alone after school. So, he agreed to meet her at the library because she said, she’s on duty today.  But what is it now? Is this what so-called alone? He can agree with her term to come and meet here in this stuffy library even though he has practised. But how come she cannot grant his small favour? A stupid geek, is a stupid geek after all. What the hell is he expected, seriously?

 

Suho breathe out loudly, flicking a finger to the back of the book, Eunji read. Her brows rose, slowly and irritatingly her eyes followed his hand until met his eyes, delivering him her deluxe murderer glares. She hated when someone interrupted her during her reading, that’s a fact, and he acknowledged that. But damn, does she need to look that y when glaring at him? Suho smirked, appreciating this new sight. Just then, a reality hit him, hard,

 

Wait? W-what? y? Did I just think she is y? What the ing wrong with me? Man I am sick after all.

 

Suho quickly snapped out from the war in his head.   

 

“What?” She spoke first.

 

“Just…” He trailed trying to ignore how mesmerizing her eyes, and how soft that plump lips looks. He shook his head before continue and this time he is making sure to look at another part of her face. Right, her nose. “What is she doing here?” Suho mouthed while nodding his head to the certain nuisance. “I told you, we need to speak alone.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then? Why she is here?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“What? You don’t…what? Are you an idiot?”

 

“Not stupider than you.” Her right brow cocking as her eyes slowly went back to the book.

 

Well, she has a point there. After all, she is smarter than him. Suho rolled his eyes away, getting impatient. He sighed loudly as his finger started tapping the table, annoyed.

 

Noticing this, Eunji added slowly, not looking at him. “I ask her to leave before you come, but...” She didn’t end her sentences only her eyes move to her best friend. Eunji lift her shoulders though no hint of guilt in it.

 

“Seems you don’t try hard enough.”

 

“Do I need to?” She turned to another page, emotionlessly, ignoring the seething guy in front of her.

 

After another loud sighed that earned a glare from Eunji, Suho moved his gazes to her loudmouth bestie.

 

“Yoonah, do you mind leaving us for a while?” He asked Yoonah.

 

“What? And why? I don’t have anyone else to hang out with. Even that stupid lazy already left to do his band!” She pouted. “That bastard! How dare he give up after only a third trial to apologize! It’s not enough to…”

 

“Right.” Suho quickly cut her. “But can you do us a favour? Please.” Suho try to ask softly.

 

Yoonah rolled her eyes before nodded unwillingly. “Well, whatever! After all it’s good to know that I’m not wanted anywhere,” She huffed closing her book harshly.

 

That comes out rather… easy isn’t it? Was that stupid Geek really even tried?

 

Suho turned back to Eunji, silently asking what just happened.

 

Eunji smirked.

 

, that geek is lying!

 

“See you tomorrow, nerd.” Yoonah already stood up scoffing at Eunji.

 

Suho choked.

 

“Later, noisy.”

 

Yoonah smirked before give a nodded to Suho. “You too pretty boy.”

 

“Erm… yeah..” He waved off somehow puzzled how to respond to that.

 

“Is she really that weird?” He whispered to Eunji after ensure Yoonah is far enough to hear him.

 

“She is just being honest.”

 

“So, you’re agreed that you are a nerd?”

 

“If that is the new way to call a person who likes to study, read, follow the school rules or something like that. I’m proud to be called that.” She stated indifferently.

 

Suho was speechless for a couple of seconds before laugh, an actual laugh. Eunji raised her eyes watching this rare sight. “You guys sure are really weird. Including that weird guy with guitar.” He added in his laugh. Then he suddenly stopped laughing though that his eyes still glint of smile. “Wait, does it mean you agree that I’m good looking too?”

 

“Pretty boy means a guy who looks like a girl, you may be good looking for some girls. But, not for me, pretty boys not really my type. I’m sorry.” She faked a smile.

 

His smile vanished instantly. “So, what is your type then?” He doesn’t  know what he was talking about, the question just blurted out before he could stop it.

 

Eunji frowned. “Is that why you want to meet me?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Just a question.”

 

“And what if don’t want to answer it?”

 

“But, you have to.”

 

“Why?”

 

“To…” He looked around, and then before she knew it, he snatched the book in her grasped. “I mean.. For this book.” He smirked, waving the book in his hand, proudly.

 

“Don’t be childish.”

 

“Answer me first!” He didn’t even realize he wanted her to answer his question that bad until he realized how childish he was at the moment. But he doesn’t care anymore, he already chose this. He has to end it.

 

“Stop it, Kim Suho. Just tell me, what do you want to talk about.” Eunji said tiredly. Is he wanted to tell her when he will get the captain title?

 

“Not, before you tell me your types first.”

 

Eunji scoffed, somewhat amazing by his persistent toward this stupid subject.“Kim Suho, are you being serious?”

 

“No, I’m kidding.” He said sarcastically

 

Eunji stared for a few second before she sighed, and resigned. “Alright, I’ll tell you if you tell me first what do you want to tell me.” Of course she lied. Why she needed to share that privacy matter with him?

 

“Agreed.”

 

Eunji smiled.

 

Suho breathe in, holding the book securely in his grip. “Well, it’s more like a something that I want you to do.”

 

“What now?” Eunji’s face dropped. “Don’t you think you already make me suffered enough?”

 

“Do you want me to make it worse?”

 

“No. But still…”

 

“Just follow it alright. It’s for your own good too.”

 

“Tell me first, what is it?”

 

“I want you to ignore Kai, when he tries to pull off something funny.”

 

“Example.”

 

“Like, he suddenly acts nice to you, or even talk to you like you really know each other.”

 

“Like this morning?”

 

“Exactly.” He nodded.

 

“I knew it, there’s something fishy about that.” She said more to herself. “So, why did he do that? There must be a reason.”

 

Again, Suho laughs only this time, she can hear the mocking sound in it. What now?

 

“What?” Eunji felt annoyed.

 

Suho didn’t answer her question instead continue his laughter. Then he finally closed back his mouth when he saw a very annoyed Kang Eunji glaring over him. “Alright, I tell you.”

 

Eunji didn’t say a word only staring down at him.

 

“You know what, I don’t know what that idiot is really thinking to make that kind of assumption.”

 

“Assumption?”

 

“Yep.” And he laughed again. “He saw us this morning, at the corner and I’m sure he heard almost all of it.”

 

Eunji gulped as she felt her heart drop dead, frozen in her seat. That’s the last thing she wanted to remember. Suddenly she felt the urge to leave the table. To the hell her book, she doesn’t want to be reminded this morning event.

 

But then, his next sentence stopping her from doing so. She felt her heart beat again.  

 

“That idiot, he was freaking actually thought that  I was serious about it, and so, he uses it to make me annoyed. What an idiotic plan.” He shook his head and exhales.

 

Yes, I did this. With this, that nerd must be really broken hearing that from me. I swore even this heartless unemotional bookworm will hurt hearing this, from someone who just confessed to her. 

 

Slowly, from the corner of his eyes, his gazes rose to appreciate her hurt expression, with that funny pink tinted on her cheeks, but only there was no hurt expression can be seen instead she was smiling widely to him. First time, she was smiling at him without being forced to or because any stupid deal. But, why? How come?

 

He felt like someone has struck his chest, real hard. 

 

“I knew it.” She muttered more to herself while snapping her finger before let out a small giggle that she doesn’t realize she can make one.”Gosh, I was over thinking again!” She wiped the invisible sweat on her forehead and chuckle happily.

 

On the other hand Suho was watching her, in stunned. “Stop laughing.” He demanded hoarsely, cannot bear watching her laughing, because she should not be laughing right now. 

 

“Huh?” Eunji looked at him cluelessly. “Why?” her smile still didn’t leave, completely.

 

“Because you’re not supposed to.”

 

“Then what am I supposed to do now? Crying?” She mocked him.

 

 “I would rather appreciate that.” He spoke dumbly.

 

Eunji opened to say something, but nothing come out. She was too surprised to say anything. Regaining her voice, she spoke back. “For what, so you can make fun of me?”

 

“I don’t know, but…maybe?” He answered honestly.

 

Eunji looked away, huffing. Can’t believe this guy. “You are a jerk, you know that?”

 

“Now I’m a jerk?”

 

Eunji nodded. “Always.”

 

“Why? Is that really wrong if I want to see you at least hurt face when I said I was just kidding about my confession? Come on, admit to me, you’re disappointed right?”

 

“You’re sicko.”

 

Suho shrugged indifferently.

 

Eunji suddenly felt angry burning in her stomach by his careless behaviour. “You stupid, player, selfish, jerk! What exactly do you want from me? Suddenly confessed to me this morning, after that you told me you’re not serious about it, Which I’m really glad about it. And now you want me to feel hurt-”

 

“I never said, I wasn’t serious.” He cut her.

 

“Then what you called that?”

 

“I don’t know.” He shook his head honestly innocent.

 

“What?”

 

“I said, I don’t know. The thing just blurts out before I can’t stop it. So, it can’t be helped.” He smirked, watching her confuse face. Now, that’s the expression I’m talking about.

 

“But, certainly I know, you were just trying to make fun of me.” She stated more to herself.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You don’t know? Are you an idiot?”

 

“How ironic.” He commented, remembering their earlier conversation. Eunji just huffed away. “It's because I really don’t know, I never intent of making fun of you, and I’m not sure if I’m serious about it or not. So, I don’t know.”

 

“But…”

 

“No more question about this, when I figure it out, I’ll tell you. Don’t worry.” He winked, feeling content. Eunji eyes snapped to Suho anxiously and he added. “As promised, tell me your type.”

 

Ignoring his demand, she changed the tactic, instead of making his admit, she questioned him instead. “Are you annoyed?”

 

“What?” He somewhat clueless by the sudden change of topic.

 

“I’m asking you, are you annoyed when suddenly Kai talks to me and act like we’re close this morning?”

 

Sensing something fishy, Suho stated. “It’s your turned to answer my question now.”

 

“Come on, it’s only one question.”

 

“Mine as well only one question.” He trapped her back.

 

“You’re not a gentleman.” She glared.

 

“Because I’m a jerk for you.” A sardonic smile lit his face. “I’ll answer you once you answers mine.” Of course he lied. He never this open to anyone excludes Jenny. So why should he now?

 

“My type is he should be a gentleman, understanding, not selfish or demanding, never blackmail anyone to achieve some help, also he’s not craving for some titled, success in any field he took and lastly he should at least smarter than me. Well if he good looking, that will be a good package. But like I said before, I’m not really into pretty boy type.” She spoke in one breathe. “Satisfy? Now your turn.”

 

For a hesitant moment Suho was silent. His eyebrows shot into his hairline, disbelief written clearly in every feature. His smug face slowly fades off.

 

“Yah, are you listening to me? It’s your turned—“ Suho cut her before she could finish her sentences.

 

“It’s Kris right?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Your type. He’s Kris right? I knew it.” He nodded without humour only his serious face. “That’s why you suddenly volunteer to show him around school, when teacher said there’s a new student.”

 

“What are you talking now?” Her brow furrowed  back in confusion.

 

Is he stupid? Seems like it. I was just creating a character that is totally opposite from him. And I didn't ever thought about Kris characteristic... am I?

 

“No need to pretend it, because I remember it very clearly Kang Eunji. Two years ago or years before that, you never stand out, you always very humble, caring  and helpful. Until Kris appeared, you suddenly show off your talent and even challenge him. I thought you hated him, but these…I don’t know you anymore Kang Eunji!” His voice demanding.

 

“Yes, you don’t know anything about me! So stop judging me you stupid bastard!” Her voice raised up rapidly. She doesn’t care if anyone heard her. She was furious. However this is Eunji’s favourite spot at the last corner, which have no one else except them.

 

Suho stood up swiftly making his chair stumble backward, and slamming both his palm in the action. Eunji was startled but relieved when her body didn’t show it… much.

 

He about to walk off but stopped beside her after cornering the table. Looking down at her he muttered slowly. “And for your question just now. My answer is no.”

 

Eunji quirked her head to the side glaring back at him. Despite her anger, she has to admit it, when she heard Suho statement, she felt slightly relieved until the next sentence left his mouth. “Because I’m infuriated. An advise from me before I get completely mad, do not do anything related to Kris or go anywhere near him. Clear?” He  hissed, her hair and quickly end it with a pat before she could yank his hand.

 

Her expression darkened in an instant.

 

Suho paused for a moment, "Listen to me... please? No demanding right?" a beautiful mischievous smile lighting up his face as his eyes glinted with glee before he walked off.

 

Eunji was left speechless with her book.

 

-

 

Kai was doing some warm up exercise before the practice begins. He looked over his team mates looking for his best friend. And nothing founded. Until a few minutes later finally the denial showed his smart .

 

“Yah, are ing seriously taking this captain tittle this lightly?” He scoffed lightly and tossed a stray hair from his face getting a few cheering from a group of girls who were watching him.

 

Suho, remained silent, an angry glare fixed upon his handsome features as he began his warm up session. Sensing his killing intent, Kai has decided he better shut up for now.

 

A full minute passed, Suho finally turned to Kai. His brows rose in wonder.

 

“You are right.” Suho finally spoke.

 

“About?” A creepy smile sneaking into Kai’s face.

 

“I like that stupid ungrateful nerd.”

 

 Kai gaped for a few second before regaining his conscious.

 

That was really…fast?

 


 I know, I'm really a hopeless authour here., I promised that I'll update ASAP but I break that promise. Really sorry, I don't know how to describe it, how sorry I am. But I really too caught up with my study. And my final only next week.,

I only update now because now I have some break from study week.,

So, from now I won't promise you I'll update ASAP., because I'll only update once I have the time.,

Please be understanding,.

That's it for now.,

Please comment because, your comment is highly appreciated., :)