Chapter 8

I'm WHOSE?!

-The Promise-

 


Yah, stop it.”

 

Pffft.. Bhahahahaha!” Suho burst out laughing at Eunji's face. “I’m sorry, I can't help it.” He added before using his palm to cover his continued laughing.

 

“Yeah, laugh. Laugh all you want!” She glared at him and pulled the rubber band from her messy hair. She fixed her hair slowly.

 

“Why did you do it, seriously?” He chuckled and sat beside her on a bench near a lake. “You know how crazy Chaerin can be?”

 

She stayed silent and took a second thought as to why she had done it In the first place. Then she started to remember the chaos she caused at the amusement park.

 

Suho, who is this ?” Jung Chaerin had asked him while eyeing everywhere the two were touching: Suho's hand holding Eunji's waist, Eunji's arm resting on Suho's shoulder, Suho's hand covering her hand on his shoulder, and their unnecessary leaning against each other's bodies. She suddenly panted in irritation.

 

Eunji was so shocked that she wanted to pull her arm away or even her whole body, but immediately overlooked her intentions when she saw the three seniors were watching her. 

 

Oh gosh what should I do now?

 

She then eyed Suho. He eyed her back while giving a signal that he understood the situation too before nodding. Eunji took that as a cue and looked at the girl in front of her.

 

“Who the hell are you calling a , ?” Eunji yelled back at Chaerin.

 

Dear Lord! Her dad would have killed her if he heard what she just said. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

 

“What?” Chaerin's gaze hardened at Eunji while Suho's eyes widened and turned the girl beside him.

 

Whoa, this geek can actually curse? But she looks so hot when she curses...!

 

“Who are you, ? Let go of my boyfriend this instant!” She yelled like a crazy woman.

 

“Why should I? This boy is mine.” Eunji sneered and tightened her hold around Suho's neck. “Right, Suho?” She beamed at him and bit her bottom lip.

 

“Of course.” He turned and smiled down at her. “I already got this new girl, I don’t need the old one.” He smirked at Chaerin. “Let’s break up, Jung Chaerin.”

 

Eunji gawked for a second. It certainly wasn't the feedback she was waiting for. She thought he would just ditch her right in front of the seniors. First, Chaerin would act all frantically in love with him, going all crazy because she couldn't accept his decision. Then he would choose his girlfriend over her, leaving her alone here crying by herself. Lastly he would be considered the biggest badass in the school. That would be the sensical tragic ending for a pure little innocent… nerd? But with him acting like this, how was she supposed to respond?

 

Suddenly all her thoughts vanished when someone pulled her by her hair, dragging her away from Suho.

 

Yah! How long are you going to touch him like that, you ?!” Chaerin yelled and pushed Eunji away.

 

Even with a sprained ankle, Eunji managed to avoid falling over and went straight back to Chaerin, pulling her by the hair. “Don’t you dare lay a single finger on my precious Suho!”

 

So, that was how the cat fight started between them, creating huge chaos at the amusement park.

 

She snapped back to the present when she felt he had turned her back toward him. 

 

“Y-yah! What are you doing?” She try to move back to her previous position, but he stopped her by holding her shoulders firmly with his grip.

 

“Stay still.” He demanded. “Let me do this.”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Your hair," he sighed. “Waiting for you to do it by yourself is such a burden.”

 

“What?” She was sure she had heard what he just told her but still refused to believe it. The Kingka, Kim Suho, was actually helping her do her hair? What a bizarre situation...

 

“Let me do this at least, you’ve done more than enough for me today.”

 

She sighed.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m very experienced at this.” He said before his hand took a hold of her hair. “I have a six year old sister. Every morning I have to help her with this.”

 

“Oh, really?” She asked, though not really very interested. It was just a polite response to hide the disturbing feeling that kept her from concentrating, caused by the fact that the hand doing her hair was unexpectedly gentle. This was an entirely new side of him, and she really couldn’t stand it.

 

Dear lord, please make this end fast.

 

She didn't think she could bear the embarrassment at that moment with passersby constantly peering at them.

 

“Done.” He exclaimed joyfully.

 

Thank God, she sighed. She went back to her previous position, only this time moving further away from him. “Thanks," she said slowly, avoiding his gaze while touching her hair. He had really combed her hair tidily. “It’s nicely done," she added with her eyes still on her feet.

 

“I’m very experienced, aren't I?” He asked proudly.

 

She just shook her head and shrugged it off.

 

“Why did you do it, anyway?” He asked again. “Didn't you think you went too far?”

 

“I had to do it. I want my peaceful life back.” She answered while looking straight to the lake.

 

“I can see that.” He smiled. “But I didn't think you’d go that far.”

 

“Once I promise something, I do it whole-heartedly. Even it’s something I really hate and actually don’t want to do .”

 

“Wow, I sense sarcasm right there.” He laughed before asking a question. “Does that have anything to do with why you study so much?”

 

“Did you have to mention that?” She frowned. “Of course. I promised my dad that I'd be the top student.”

 

“But, Kris…”

 

“Yes, he ruined it.” She smiled bitterly.

 

“So, a life of fulfilling promises,” he figured and she nodded grudgingly. “I can’t imagine how you lead that kind of a life, but I’m sure it’s damn boring.”

 

Kinda.” Her lips twitched. “Wait, are you really okay with this?”

 

“With what?”

 

“You just broke up with your girlfriend, remember?”

 

Tch, don’t mention that.” He shrugged it off. “For quite some time I've actually been trying to find a reason to get rid of her.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m tired.” He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Then why were you going out with her in the first place?”

 

He didn’t answer her. Instead, he began reading a message on his cell phone.  

 

Right, ignore me. She looked away.

 

“Shoot, Kai texted me. He said that the seniors are already gone. We can go back to the theme park. After all, our tickets are valid for the entire rest of the day," he said, completely ignoring her question. “Want to join us?”

 

Seriously? Join you? Without any particular reason? And also, after all the commotion I created?

 

“No, I don’t think so," she answered. “I sprained my ankle.”

 

“Right, you can get home by yourself then?”

 

Eunji nodded and Suho stood up.

 

“So, this is it.” She said and stood up too. “You’ll never harass me at school again after this?”

 

“It looks like it.” He nodded and grinned while rubbing the back of his neck. “I’ll be going now.”

 

“Kim Suho.” She suddenly called after him and, as he turned to look at her, she slapped him right in the face. His face urged to the side because of the blow he received.

 

He turned to glare at her. “What the hell?” He snarled.

 

“Now we’re even.” She barked before turning around to walk away. She was then forced to stop abruptly when Suho blocked her way. “Move!”

 

“Did you just slap me?” He hissed. “How dare you!"

 

“That was my first kiss, you know.” She stated shakily. “You should've just ask me nicely to cooperate with you, not force me into this or... kiss me.”

 

He didn’t reply, only stared at her with a soft expression.

 

“Feeling guilty?” She questioned. “Of course you are. And you should be grateful that I just let you go with a slap. If my father knew about this, you’d be a dead meat.”

 

He continued to stare at her.

 

“Move, please.” She demanded.

 

“Did you think that was only your first time?” He finally asked and grabbed her shirt collar, pulling her face closer to his before whispering in her ear. “That was my first kiss too.”

 

What? It couldn't be true could it? Her eyes widened.

 

“Feeling guilty? Of course.” He mocked and looked away with and irritated face. He let go of her collar harshly, causing her to stumble a bit. “Did you think I really wanted to kiss you? It was an act.”

 

“Really? Well, I-I didn’t mean.” She stuttered, actually feeling slightly guilty.

 

“Do you know how horrible I felt?”

 

“I’m sorry.” She cut him off quickly. “I didn’t know that was your first too. I mean it just couldn't be true…” She stopped when she saw his lips twitch.

 

“Kissing a geek for the first time.” He smirked and stuck out his tongue playfully. “It felt like kissing a dead fish, so cold and disgusting.”

 

Her guilty feelings vanished and were replaced by anger. “Yah! You!”

 

Suho swiftly moved a few steps back as she lifted her hand in an attempt to hit him. “Goodbye, I think I’ll take just the slap.” He bid farewell and ran back toward the theme park entrance.

 

Yah, you said you wouldn’t harass me anymore!” She screamed at his retreating figure.

 

“This was the last time,” He yelled back without turning around to look at her. Only his hand was waving to her. She could see his body shaking from laughter, even though he had his back turned toward her.

 

That worthless jerk.

 

-

 

 This was the day she had been waiting for. The day that she would be able to live in peace. She inhaled deeply before starting toward her school with a goofy smile plastered on her face. She even skipped in her steps as she walked. Eunji was so happy that she couldn't even hide it anymore.

 

Then she felt someone poke her left shoulder. She turned, but saw no one.

 

“Good morning.” She heard a familiar voice on her right side.

 

Eunji rapidly turned and saw the one person she wanted to avoid smiling at her innocently. Who else? Kim Suho, the jerk, of course.  

 

She turned pale for a few seconds.

 

“Y-you…” She stuttered while pointing at him.

 

“Y-you… what?” He mocked her and laughed.

 

She then looked around and, when she was sure no one was looking, she hissed at him. “You promised me.”

 

“I was just giving you a good morning, is that a harassment?”

 

“N-no,” she said, dumbfoundedly. “But…”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m a man that keeps his word.” He added while patting her shoulder. “Later.” He said again before walk to the school gate.  

 

Eunji eyed him cautiously. What was wrong with this guy? Why was he acting like they were so close? Wasn't he the one who said that everything yesterday was all an act and expressed how much he hated her? Why was he acting so friendly with her? Weird.

 

Eunji's gaze met Yoonah's when she approached the school gate.

 

“Tell me, am I dreaming or what?” Yoonah asked Eunji as she came near her and they started to walk together.

 

“If you were dreaming, then you’d be sleep walking right now.”

 

Yoonah rolled her eyes. “Did Suho just flirt with you?”

 

Damn, she saw us...

 

“Flirt?” Eunji tried to let out a fake laugh. “That's just Suho being Suho. He was not flirting with me.” She flatly denied it.

 

“Right. What am I thinking? Why would a hot kingka set eyes on you anyway?” Yoonah giggled and hooked arms with Eunji. “Let’s go! Today PE class is in the swimming pool. I’m so excited!”

 

Eunji rolled her eyes when she heard the unnecessary derisive comment from her best friend. She started to think what her best friend's reaction would be if she told her that ‘the hot kingka’ actually kissed her yesterday. She chuckled.

 

“What's so funny?” Yoonah asked when she heard Eunji chuckle.

 

“What? Nothing..”

 

“Crazy.”

 

-

 

“Okay class, today we will hold a small tournament.” Mr Im, their PE teacher, talked in front of the pool next to where the students of class 2-1 had gathered. The female students stood in their swimming suits and the male students stood in their swimming trunks.“This tournament only includes the students in this class of course. After all, I did call it a small tournament.” The teacher laughed at his own joke while the students looked at him with deranged faces.

 

After a few seconds of laughing by himself, Mr Im awkwardly cleared his throat. “Of course there isn't really any prize, but the winner will get the fastest record in this class, hence making his or her health card proud.” He patted his chest with pride before laughing again. Once again, he was the one making a sound.

 

He cleared his throat once again, making the atmosphere even more awkward, and quickly open his notes so he could go into detail. “In this tournament, you will work with a partner, so as to teach you how to reach a goal through team cooperation.” He explained. “So, since this class has an equal number of boys and girls, I want one girl and one boy per team, understood?”

 

The students nodded and started to look around at each other. Yoonah quickly eyed Lay, and Eunji saw Lay nod. She sighed. Of course Yoonah would partner up with Lay. But who would be her partner?

 

“I’ll give you 30 minutes to find a partner and warm up.” He blew his whistle. “Starting now.”

 

“Lay, quickly come here.” Eunji heard Yoonah call. When Lay came over to them, Yoonah quickly hooked her arm in his. “He’s mine.” Yoonah warned a couple of girls who had been keeping a close eye on him, while Lay just smiled at them and mouthed 'I'm sorry.'  

 

Frankly, Lay was actually quite popular with the girls. He got confession letters at least once a week. Not to mention he was in a band and had tons of fans. That was why Yoonah was so overprotective when it came to Lay. Hmm, what a great best friend she is.

 

Eunji rolled her eyes away, and looked for another male student. Almost every male student quickly looked away when their eyes met with her or gave her an expression that said 'please-not-me.' She sighed, it was not something new for her anyway. She didn’t even feel hurt by the cold treatment. Her eyes moved again and saw Kai, who was surrounded by five or six girls that wanted him to choose them.

 

She chuckled. That was the treatment they got for being a kingka. Her eyes trailed to another bigger group of girls who surrounded Suho. Another kingka. She sighed again, her eyes were about to move away from him but they stopped when she saw he was looking back at her. He smirked at her, proudly showing off how many people he had wanting to be his partner, while she had none.

 

She rolled her eyes at his childish behavior. She was about to look away once again, but her eyes met back with his when she saw him giving her a warning expression to not roll her eyes in front of him.

 

Damn, she forgot about that.

 

Then, their gaze broke as Jenny came to him. When the other female students saw Jenny, they clumsily went away. And that was the treatment a queenka received. Once they set eyes on someone, the other ‘common girls’ would scurry away. Eunji saw Jenny asking Suho to be her partner. Realizing the situation Eunji quickly looked away to find another free male and totally missed Suho looking back at her before nodding to Jenny in agreement.

 

After a few minutes of wandering, Eunji finally realized that the only free male at the moment was Chanyeol. She exhaled loudly in disappointed. Not him again.

 

He walked up to her when he realized the same. “Is this what they call fate?” He asked her as he approached her.

 

“It’s not funny, Chanyeol.” She said flatly.

 

“It isn't? I think it is.” He smiled at her. “We're partners in almost all subjects, and now in this class. I don’t think this is a coincidence. It’s like we’re soulmates or something. Or we were lovers in a past life. That could be a reason why we always end up together! Right?”

 

Without them realizing, Suho and Jenny were standing right beside them, getting ready to warm up.

 

“Whatever, Chanyeol.” She said without looking at him, still mad at the guy who blew her off at their three meetings last week.

 

“Are you still angry?” He asked her stupidly.

 

“I don’t know, you tell me.” She huffed and looked away.

 

Is this guy an idiot or what?

 

“Okay, how about this: We win this tournament and I’ll come to our meetings.” He looked at her when he realized she wasn't responding back. He added warily, "I promise.”

 

When Eunji heard the word ‘promise,' she quickly turned to Chanyeol, totally forgetting about her sprained ankle.

 

“Deal?” He asked and gave her his pinky finger symbolic to a promise.

 

She opened to say deal, but someone interrupted her by standing in front of her.

 

That damn Suho.

 

“What about we exchange partners? Jenny here is really a great swimmer. If you're with Jenny, I promise it'll be easier for you to win,” Suho said.

 

“What?”


 

Chapter 8 is up!!!

Whoa! last update got so many comment!!

Love you guys!!!

Subscribe and comment comment comment!!

Heehee, your comment will pleased me.,.

 

shahirashera: hehe., thank you for comment., PS: I used your previous phrase ’Play ’ as the title for the chapter 7. I just love that phrase. I hope you don’t mind.,. ^_^

 

Alieya: Awwwww., thank you for comment too.,. please continue., :D

 

Amber1525: Hahaha!! You actually predict the truth. How?? Well this story gonna be a lot of drama indeed..  Thank you for comment., ^_^

 

SuHoisMINE:hehehe ;P wink to you too...Thank you for comment!!

 

gheti: Thank you for love my story and comment., No it’s okay, my english is bad too.,  anyway thanks for your effort to comment., love you!! XD

 

littleocean: Really?? Thankyou.,. keep comment., heehee.,

 

MinahQuach: Haha I just put Kang In name there.,.  haha, yeah she really can act., And I’m sorry no Kris here., but maybe later., Thank you for comment though, love you!!

 

altairspice1: yeah that’s the point in this story., Thank you., I’ll try to update sooner..

 

VanillaKisses: Oh.. it’s okay, at least you already start comment now., hehehe C: Thanks 4 comment!!

 

u-knowkey: haha, I’m really pleased to hear that.,. yeah Chaerin is really pissed., hehe. And thank you for your comment.

 

-Muasbby: hahaha., I love how you express your feeling like ‘asdfghjkl’ or something like that., thank you for comment though!!

 

ThisShiphathSailed: Thank you!!! ^_^

 

maenneda123: Okay.,. Please do your best!! I’m also really excited though. And thank you for review my story!! XD

 

angie1: Hoho.,. okay that’s your hope.,. heheehe., Thanks for comment my new reader.,.,