Chapter 6

I'm WHOSE?!

-The Plan-


 

“Are you sure she will come?”

 

“I know she will.” He answered without looking back at Kai. His eyes were focused straight ahead."

 

“You just... know?” Kai eyebrows furrowed in agitation. He stepped in front of Suho, blocking his best friend's vision and only making him feel more annoyed. He asked another question. “Did she even say that she'd come?”

 

Suho sighed and pulled his hand from his jean's pocket before putting it on Kai’s shoulder. “She will come. Trust me. There’re still 15 minutes left.” Suho then frowned and looked at the guy in front of him in suspicion. What this guy so worried about? Has he done something he wasn't supposed to do?

 

“Kai,” he cautioned.

 

Kai quickly drew his eyes away, warily. That did it. He knew, his best friend was up to something.

 

“What's going on Kai?” Kai looking away again. When Kai didn't answer him, Suho squeezed his shoulder hard. “Tell me what you're ing up to, now, Kim Jong In!” 

 

Kai snapped and quickly looked at Suho. He knew how mad Suho was right now, because Suho had just called him by his real name. Coming from Suho, it only meant one thing: Stop-bullting-me!

 

“I-I.” He swallowed hard. “I don’t know.”

 

“Is it bad?” Suho pressed.

 

“Kinda... if she doesn't show up, it will only be worse.”

 

“Okay, well, taking care of that matter,  I know she will come. So don’t worry, one problem is solved.” His lips pressed into a thin line. “Just tell me, Kai. What did you do?”

 

“...Please don’t yell at me, okay?” Kai asked before continuing. “Remember when you called me and told me about this date? I was so shocked at first. You actually managed to pull off the seniors’ deal. “

 

“Shocked? Wow, that hurts. I’m sure that you know that that kind of deal is not that hard for Kim Suho," Suho chuckled.

 

“Yeah, making a girl fall in love: I'm aware that it’s not that new of a thing for us.” He emphasized the last word, making Suho take note that he's not the only one that can get any girl.

 

Nevertheless, Suho nodded.

 

“But this time, it is not just any girl. She’s Kang Eunji. Our beloved nemesis. The most snobbish girl we've ever met. Not to mention the queen of prudes. I've never even seen a guy set eyes on her. Who would anyway? She’s so damn ugly.” Kai laughed in disgust. “We hate her, so we upset her. But... that’s the only thing we can do to her. Our football seniors created a deal that if one of the underclassmen football club members made her fall in love with them, they would promote us as the next captain. Well, as a mere normal human being, I completely give up. Most of us did on the spot. But why not you? How can you actually manage attempting such an act. I thought you’d be the last person to do that.”

 

“Anything for that captain title. You know how much I want it.” Suho answered up front and smiled. “It’s not like she actually fell in love with me. I don’t think I could bear seein her ugly face gawking over me. That’s absolutely disgusting. I'm just forcing her to go out with me. And you, you have to do your job take a picture as proof. Then I'll ditch her send the picture to the seniors. Deal done. And voila, I am the next captain.”

 

“Yes, I guess I realize that now... but I didn't yesterday.”

 

“What the hell do you mean by that?” His gaze turned serious.

 

“Well, yesterday I thought you really managed to make her fall in love with you. How stupid was I...? So, to spice things up, I…” He stopped and looked behind Suho with a worried expression. “They’re coming.”

 

“Who?” Suho quickly turned around... and saw their seniors, Leeteuk, Shindong, and Kang In, on their way towards them. When the seniors saw Suho and Kai were looking at them, they waved. Suho waved back with a fake smile.

 

“What are they ing doing here?” Suho hissed at Kai with a glare.

 

“To... spice things up.” Kai hissed back.

 

“You know, you’re bastard.”

 

“Shut up. Right now, I'm just praying that she will come.”

 

“No, you should be praying that she is willing to act like she’s in love with me, you idiot!”

 

“That too.” Kai said nervously as the seniors neared.

 

“I wish Kris was here.”  Suho groaned. “At least our numbers would match, and we could manage to escape if things get bad.”

 

“I wish that too, but he’s on date with Jenny. We cannot ruin it anymore, especially not you. You always stole Jenny from him, and gave him excuses that you needed your best friend.” Kai sneered.

 

“Well, that’s true. She’s my best friend and I need her sometimes.”

 

“Well, she’s his girlfriend and he’s barely been able to spend time with her.”

 

“So what? Old habits die hard.” Suho retorted.

 

“Maybe. Or is it more, first loves die hard?”

 

That sudden suggestion gave Suho a mental slap. He turned to Kai with a death glare. “Tell me again, why are we talking about this? And why are you the one who started it? Is this even your problem in the first place?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then shut up, they’re here.” Suho rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

-

 

This is not happening! Why am I rushing to meet one of the guys who spends his high school life tormenting me out of existence?

 

Eunji quickened her pace to the bus station, which was just a corner away. She shook her head, disbelieving her own decision. He had said he said he would stop all this harassing if she came, so that was the only reason she gave in. Who would ever agree to meet a person they loathed without a solid reason. She tried to comfort herself. She knew the guy too well and that he was up to something, because in those two years knowing him, she could make a conclusion that he was not a guy who would just do something to be nice. Because he would always need something in exchange. And that something, she was sure, was not a good something. But to live a peaceful high school life... she would give the world to a guy who would swear it to her.

 

Eunji snapped out of her thoughts when, out of nowhere, a guy appeared right in font her as she turned a corner. It caught her completely off guard. She ran into the guy and fell right on her .

 

“Ow.” She growled while massaging her forehead, which made brutal contact with the guy when she knocked into him. “Well... I'm dizzy.”

 

“Are you okay?” She heard a voice, “can you stand up?”

 

Eunji lifted her head and saw an extended hand. She lifted her head higher and saw Kris's concern face. Eunji sighed and rolled her eyes. Not him! Why did he always appear at the most embarrassing moments?

 

“I’m okay.” She answered and picked her hand bag up before slowly attempting to stand up by herself. As she put her left foot on the cement to pull herself up into standing position, a sudden pain surged through her ankle. She yelped in pain and fell back down.

 

“Hey, are you sure you’re okay?” He kneeled in front of her after approaching very closely with worried face.

 

No, idiot! How am I okay if cannot stand up properly by myself? Damn, my ankle is so frail.

 

“I don’t know.” She answered while rubbing her left ankle.

 

“I think you sprained your ankle. Let me see.” Kris offered. But Eunji wouldn’t show her foot. In fact, she hid it away from him. She still didn’t trust the guy. She eyed him suspiciously.

 

“What are you doing? It’s not like I’m gonna hurt you.” Kris tried to persuade Eunji.

 

“Why should I believe that you wouldn’t?” Her eyes still didn’t leave him. “You hate me, how should I know that you aren’t going to use this chance to do something horrible to me?”

 

“You really think I would do that?” He asked and she nodded flatly without giving a second thought.

 

He sighed exasperatedly. He could not believe that the girl would just agree on the spot like that to his face without feeling any guilt. What the hell?

 

“Well, if you already think of me that way, there’s no reason I should hold myself back.” He smirked dangerously.

 

Her eyes widened in shocked. How in the world could that face of his be so eye-catchingly good-looking and dangerously evil at the same time? Before Eunji had time to snap out of her shock, she realized Kris had taken her up into his arms, bridal style.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?” Eunji struggled in his grip. “Put me down this instant!

 

Kris's hold didn't budge and he continued to walk as if he didn't hear a damn thing she yelped.

 

“I said put me down!” Eunji struggled harder, attracting attention from the passersby who were looking at them curiously. One of the old ladies even said in a daydream-like fashion, as Kris passed her, “what a gorgeous couple.”

 

Couple? To hell she would become a couple with this kind of guy! Eunji saw how his lips cracked into a bad- type of smile when he heard the lady. Oh God, please take my life right now, she didn’t think she could manage to live another day after this nerve-wrecking humiliation.

 

“Put me down now, please.” She pleaded, trying not to create any unnecessary attention.

 

“Not here.” He whispered back. “I need a place with less people so we can finish this fast.” He smirked again.

 

Eunji scowled in annoyance at that smirk. What the hell is it that we need to finish fast?

 

-

 

Suho looked at his wrist watch for the millionth time. She was already a half an hour late. For God's sake, where is she? Suho bit his lips hard, aware that he was truly nervous at that moment. It was all thanks to his damn best friend’s genius plan. His eyes slowly trailed over the three guys who were sitting on a bench nearby, watching him with warning expressions.

 

“Stop looking at them, they’re so furious right now.” Kai snapped and turned his back toward the three big bullies. “They thought we were lying to them.”

 

“I can see that.” Suho hissed back, completely missing the eyes that a few passing girls were giving them. But they weren't missed by Kai; he still managed to reply with a wink. The girls giggled loudly before running off with completely red faces.

 

“Stop that.” Suho warned.

 

“What?” Kai asked stupidly, even though he knew exactly what Suho was referring to. Suho rolled his eyes at the guy. This guy is really something. How come he has the nerve to flirt with random girls when his life is on the verge of being handed to those three monsters, merely if that damn Kang Eunji doesn’t show up.

 

“Can you believe it?” Kai tugged on Suho’s shoulder.

 

“What now?” Suho felt completely annoyed.

 

“It’s only been an hour since we arrived here at this amusement park, and already there’ve been like fifty-four girls try ingto hit on us. Can you believe that? It’s like we’re k-pop idols or something.” Kai stated in delight while fixing his jacket. “Do you think I could make it... if I go to the SM audition?”

 

“I can’t believe you.” Suho frowned harder.

 

“Right? So do I--”

 

“I can’t believe that you actually count them.” Suho spat.

 

“Well that…” Kai chuckled while rubbing the back of his head, slightly embarrassed. “What else do I do? I’m so bored out here.”

 

“Yeah, just continue your counting then, but in case you haven't realized, we’re a damn millimeter away from being dead meat!” Suho nodded his head to the seniors.

 

“It'll be fine,” Kai said confidently. “You’re the one who said she would come for sure, right?”

 

Suho swallowed hard. Now he wasn't so sure about that. She was already late. He knew this girl. She was never late, if she was late it only led to one answer, which was that she wasn't coming at all.

 

“I don’t know anymore.” Suho hesitantly answered.

 

“You don’t know? What the hell do you mean by that?” Kai asked with an unnecessarily loud voice.

 

“Lower your voice, damn it. They'll hear you.” Suho warned and his eyed trailed over the three on the bench. “, they’re coming.”

 

“What? They're coming toward us?” Suho nodded, eyes not leaving them. “Do you mean right now? How far are they?” He asked without looking back. He was too damn scared.

 

“Five meters away. Why?”

 

“Do you think I can still escape if I run now?”

 

Suho looked at the coward in disbelief. “Are you planning on leaving me here?”

 

“N-no! Never! But, do you think I could escape if I run right now? I mean right now. At this moment?”

 

“You are trying to leave me.” Suho said with a disgusted face.

 

“I’m not! Well, even if I do run right now, they could always come to get me tomorrow at school. It’s not like I have any other choices.”

 

“You really are a bas-”

 

“Do you two bastards want to come with us or you want this to all be settled right here?” Suho snapped his head to the three guys that were now directly in front of them. “I promised if it happens here, it will become much more ugly than we planned.” Shindong laughed peevishly and give his fist a rub. 

 

Suho gulped and eyed Kai’s scared face before answered. “We’re coming.”

 

“Good.” Kang In stated before give them a signal to follow them.

 

‘We are so dead.’ Kai mouthed Suho as both of them follow the trio.

 

‘Thanks for bringing it up, you idiot.’ Suho furiously mouthed back.

 

“What am I gonna do if they hit my precious face?”

 

Suho used his last strength to hold himself back from giving his best friend a good kick for mentioning the unnecessary at such a moment.

 

‘You’re so ed-up!’

 

-

 

“Am I tying it too tight?”

 

“No, it’s okay.” Eunji nodded and when she noticed that Kris continued to eye her she quickly added. “It’s comfortable and I feel better.”

 

Kris smiled. “That’s good to hear. I’m sorry I used my handkerchief, I don't have any bandages.” Kris said and started to stretch.

 

Eunji just nodded and looked at him suspiciously before drawing her foot away from his grasp. Why was this guy acting this way towards her... helping her? Also, he brought her to this park. Suddenly she remembered his statement back on the basketball court that he wanted to make a truce. It was so sudden, why now? She was sure he was up to something just like his best friend. Whatever he was planning, she didn't want to have anything to do with it.

 

“Such nice weather today, huh?” Kris flopped onto the bench she was on and inhaled deeply.

 

“Why are you doing this to me?” Eunji asked, pulling her thoughts into reality. “Why are you helping me?”

 

“Do I need a reason to help you?” Kris turned to her.

 

“So you can make me owe you and then use it to backfire on me later? I don’t know what your plan is.” Eunji scowled.

 

“You’re such a paranoid, you know that?” Kris frowned.

 

“You want me to tell you something? You’re the one who made me become such a paranoid person.” She smiled bitterly.

 

Kris sighed, “That’s harsh.”

 

“You know it’s the truth.” Eunji said flatly.

 

Kris opened his mouthed to say something but thought better of it. He quickly closed his mouth and stood up from the bench. “You know what? This is useless.” He said as he quickly stuffed in his things inside his bag clumsily.

 

“What’s useless?” She asked.

 

“Everything.” He answered and slung his bag over his shoulder before turning to her. He gave her an intense gaze and his hands cupped her right cheek before adding something very slowly and so quiet that she couldn’t hear it.

 

“What?” Eunji brows agitated.

 

“Nothing, just a cut on your cheek. I’ll get going now.” He said as his thumb lingered on her cheek much longer than necessary. Without realizing it, she actually felt empty when his warm palm left her face.

 

“Thanks.” She said, which stopped him from walking on. “If you really aren't trying anything funny, I really owe you a thank you.”

 

“You know, you're always right. You are too clever, too observant, too smart for your good. You can’t always be so perfect. That’s why nobody can stand you, not even me. Because you can see what others cannot see," He said without looking back, "But this time, you're wrong. I'm sorry."

 

What the hell is he talking about? Was he really that upset by me accusing him earlier? He can't be serious. Since when is Kris a sentimental person?

 

“Alright, I know. I’m being ungrateful to my savior. I’m so-”

 

“This meeting was actually planned out.” He cut her off quickly.

 

“What?” He really did those kinds of things? What a jerk! “But, why?”

 

He didn’t answer and just went off.

 



Please Vote, Do you want Eunji come to this date or not??

This is chapter 6.,. been a bit busy ^_^

Please comment and thanks for subscribe.,.

Also very thanks to, u-knowkey, shahirashera, KittyKat Ninja4eva, Minah Quach, and -Muasbby. for keep commenting.,. love you guys!!