Chapter 19

I'm WHOSE?!

-I'm Sorry-

 


 

She was sitting at the edge of the bed, and he was sitting on the couch opposite her. They were facing each other but they didn’t utter a single word. In fact they avoid any eye contacts from one another. And the silences were too awkward. Both of them were too shocked by what they just witnessed.

 

Couldn’t bear the awkwardness any longer, Eunji make the first attempt to voice out by clearing . He finally looked up and she continued, “So, firstly…”

 

“Why in the hell are you doing here?”

 

“Why in the hell are you doing here?”

 

They paused when they realized they say at the same time.

 

“This is my room!”

 

“This is my room.”

 

Eunji exclaimed while Kris speaks simultaneously. They glared at each other.

 

“Stop copying me!”

 

“Stop copying me.”

 

Eunji stood up while giving the hand gesture to stop talking, “No you copied me first!”

 

Did he? No, certainly did not! “Whatever, Kang Eunji.” He said tiredly. “I just want to ask you, what are you doing in my room and why are you claiming this as yours?”

 

“Because this is mine.”

 

“No, this is mine.” Kris assured it.

 

“You’re wrong.”

 

“I can swear this is mine.”

 

“Impossible, look I even have the key here.” She ran to the cupboard where she left the key. “See 1717, this is the number of the room. I’m not lying.” Eunji clumsily ran back and shove the key to him. “Right?”

 

Instead of looking at the key number, he just grabs her hand in his. His gaze still on her face. “Jeez Kang Eunji, chill. I never said you’re lying. I just wonder what are you doing here. See, I also clueless about all of this so do you. But, if you keep acting that way, nothing will explain our situation. Just calm down and talk about it, slowly.” He spoke with calmer voice. He knew to keep arguing with this girl will never solve anything. “Alright?”

 

“Fine.” Answered Eunji give in, with a lower voice, somehow embarrassed by her sudden outburst.

 

So, she actually can listen to him? That's quite a surprise. He smiled to his inner thought.

 

“Okay then.” He let go of her hand. She slowly withdrew from him and sat back on the bed. “So, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m enjoying my summer break of course, duh!” she said like that the obvious thing in the world.  

 

and she starts it again.

 

He rolled his eyes, ignoring it and started another question.  “And how did you got that key, did the staff at the counter give it to you?”

 

“Maybe but I’m not sure.” Eunji shook her head. “My appa did all the check-in stuff and he’s the one who gave the key to me.

 

“Your appa? So, you come here with your family then?” Eunji nodded. Kris expressions turned trouble like he tried to solve riddles in his head. “I knew it.” He snapped his finger.

 

“What? You know what?” Eunji stood up again.

 

“I know there’s something suspicious when my mom and dad suddenly decide to come here and accompany me, because there’s no way they would come here, they hate heat. That’s why, I’m always here alone.”

 

“Always here alone?”

 

“This hotel is one of my dad branch here, and this very room is actually my personal room, my summer house to be exact.” He explained.

 

“So this is really your room?” She awed, feeling more shamed.

 

“I told you.”

 

God this is embarrassing! She needs to get out of here. She doesn’t think she could face him anymore. “I’ll go ask for another room at the counter.” But Kris already blocked her. “Better not.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Don’t be reckless, if you go now they will only know how bad our relationship is.”

 

“But…”

 

“My parents didn’t know about us in school and I’m sure your father too." Eunji nodded before he continued. "So, we can’t afford to do something that can make them suspicious, because…” he trailed.

 

“Because of what?”

 

He eyed her carefully before continuing. “Well if you said your father is too controlling, my parents is far worst.”

 

“How worst?” Asked Eunji, doubting.

 

“The kind of worst that only-let-me-touch-the-ball-till-I-get-the-best-in every-field-I-participate-or-required-to-participated. Every single thing.” He emphasized. “And yeah, they know my weakness, I’m crazy about basketball. And they use it against me, their only son. Just because they can’t bear any flaw in me, as the heir of their wealth. Quite a grand life I lead, huh?”

 

Eunji didn’t realize she was gaping at him, hearing his side story. She never thought he was having this kind of treatment also. In fact she always thought his life was so perfect that full of flower or gold spoon that making him this spoil. And just, maybe a bit lucky, to have that genius brain.

 

“So, don’t ever say like, you’re the only one lead a bad life.” Kris snapped his finger on Eunji face. “Everyone has it, only their story is different.”

 

Eunji hurriedly closed , shifting her gazes away from him. “Of course I know about that.” She muttered slowly before looking back to him. “So tell me, how should we do it?”

 

“We… we will tell them at dinner. Tell them that we’re, not comfortable with this new arrangement, or just tell them we’re not ready yet or something like that.” Suggested Kris. When he saw Eunji just staring at him he asked. “Dinner at eight, right?”

 

She nodded.

 

He looked at the clock on the wall, “It’s already 7.30 pm. We better hurry.”  Eunji nodded again while Kris took out some his clothes from the wardrobe. She saw it was full of his clothes, This room sure is his. She noted, before went to her luggage, taking her clothes.

 

After taking her clothes, she went to the bathroom and stopped when another hand caught the door knob before her. “What are you doing? You have already taken your bath.” Eunji slapped Kris hand away.

 

“But I need to change.”

 

“You can change here.” She glared, before muttered slowly. “After you tainted my pure eyes by exposing your body and give me the face ‘Look-at-my-oh-so-hot-abs-that-I-got-it-by-playing-basketball-only,” She tried to imitate him by using a deeper voice. “Now you try to act so concern about it? Please!” She rolled her eyes.

 

“W-what did you say?” He stuttered. “I certainly did not do that. In fact, you’re the one who storm in first. Whose fault is this?”

 

“That only occurs because you don’t lock the door.” She said in a matter of fact. “So, whose fault is this?” Her brows cocking.

 

“This is my room. I can do anything as I please!” His voice getting louder.

 

“What if the housekeeper, was cleaning your room, when you’re showering. Come on, just admit it, you want someone to accidentally walk in when you’re taking a shower. So, they can compliment you how good that abs look.” She rolled her eyes to his torso. “Unfortunately that someone is me. I’m sorry, but, I’m no abs’ expert. “ She shook her head before slammed the door on him leaving him dumbstruck. He could hear her devious snicker from outside.

 

This girl!

 

-

 

Kris choked for the second times at the dinner table, eyes all on him. “Excuse me.” He said to his parents and to the guests in front of him, before his eyes shot to the certain person  who responsible for this. “Stop that.” He mouthed her with a deluxe murderous glare, warned her to stop from kicking him.

 

“Then, tell them now.” Eunji talk through her gritted teeth after taking a sip of her soup.

 

“I need the right timing.” He gritted back.

 

“Kris, honey is there something wrong  with your food?” His mother interrupted without looking at him, her gaze still on her food.

 

“N-no, mother.” Answered Kris a bit startled.

 

“Then?” Mrs. Wu finally turned to her son, her impression indifferent like she has always been. But, something about her stare, and her voice Eunji couldn’t put her finger on it. It was horrible. Her voice smooth but also full of venom and she was staring at her son like he such an awful creature to actually misbehave that way. Eunji gulped, when she saw Kris stiffed face.

 

They couldn’t bear any flaw from me.

 

So, that’s what he means by that. That’s too horrifying.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispered slowly as the silent invade.

 

Eunji’s eyes dropped, as she felt at fault for kicking him under the table.

 

 “This is scary.” Sehun who also sees it whispered to Eunji.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So,  Sehun. How about your study at the private school?” Mr Wu spoke up, breaking the silence.

 

“Erm… it’s okay.” Sehun smile awkwardly giving a glance to Eunji.

 

“Okay or good?” Mr Wu asked again, this time more friendly.

 

“Of course it’s good!” His appa cut him before he could answer. “My son got the first place in his school. Right son?” Mr Kang  laughed, proudly show off, patting the back of his son.

 

“Well, yeah… It’s quite good.” Sehun nodded somehow embarrassed.

 

“As you see, I couldn’t depend on her anymore.” Mr Kang laugh half heartedly, making Eunji choked on her soup. She slowly turned to look at her appa couldn’t believe what she just heard. Was that necessary to bring up about me!

 

“Well it’s actually my fault to put my faith on her.” He added again before continuing. “But fortunately I got a good chance right here.” Mr Kang patted his son's shoulder.

 

Stop it!

 

“Appa.” Sehun spoke. “What are you saying now? Noona really works hard as you told her to.”

 

“But she still didn’t get as she promised me. I don't think we can call it work hard?” Mr Kang explained to Sehun, giving an awkward smile to Mr and Mrs. Wu. “Am I saying something wrong?”

 

“But…”

 

Kang Sehun, what are you trying to say now?” His father cut him, his voice tense, the only reason is, he’s angry. Better shut up now. Sehun shook his head.

 

Eunji put down her spoon, losing her appetite completely.

 

“Well, that’s your fault.” Mrs. Wu suddenly interrupted. “What you were thinking seriously, when you know my son was coming,”  Mrs. Wu giggled at his silliness. “You shouldn’t give her such an impossible hope, look what you’ve done to her. Such a sad little creature.”  She spoke to Eunji in sympathy while Eunji only sees the mockery dipping in her voice.

 

Stop it!

 

“Oh, my bad.” Mr Kang said absent-mindedly as the laughter erupts from the adults.

 

Stop it!

 

Her knuckle already turned white from her tight clench. Why is she here to hear all of this, seriously? She could feel her lips tremble as her sight becomes blurry from the tear.  Don’t blink! Please don’t! You should not allow this to humiliate you. You’re stronger than this! Just don’t blink! Or you will lose.

 

“God, I’m full.” Kris exclaimed loudly.

 

Mrs. Wu turned to Kris in annoyed. “What manner is this, Kris, when adult are speaking?”

 

Ignoring his mom lecture, Kris got up from his seat and went to Eunji. “Let’s go.” He added, extending his hand to her. Eunji was clueless.

 

“And where do you think you’re taking ms Kang Eunji to?” His mom asked again.

 

“So, you do realize, that she is here? I thought you didn’t.” Without waiting for Eunji hand, he had already grabbed her wrist before dragging her out.

 

-

 

“Are you okay now?” Kris finally spoke up after dragging her out to only-god-know where.

 

“Do I seem okay to you?” Her voice sounds angrier than she intends. Kris spun around, his eyes met the teary one. “No.” He shook his head slowly.

 

“Your mother is so cruel.” She cracked on the last word, as her tears finally leaking. Kris stiffed, seeing her tears. “I’m sorry.” That’s the only word he could utter at the moment. He felt at fault.

 

“You shouldn’t, it’s not your fault anyway.” She sniffed and wiped her tears away. God! She never cries in front of anyone since five. But, why now? In front of her enemies? This is unforgivable to her policy! Get a grip of yourself Kang Eunji!Her gazes slowly dropped to her right wrist which still cover by his. “How long do you want to keep holding on?”

 

“Then, do you really want me to let go?”

 

“Ex-excuse me?” Did she heard wrong?

 

“I once read, when someone is anxiety, or sad, or angry, they craved for physical touch. Also physical touch also can help in terms of reducing stress, relieving pain, increasing the ability to cope, and general health ratings. ” He shifted his grip to her hand, in more comfortable way. “It’s factual. So, in your state right now, do you really want me to let go of your hand?” His voice rough but also tender in his owns way that almost soothing her, almost.

 

Her eyes trailed to his big hand that hid her smaller one in it. Though it do feel odd, seeing her hand being held by none other than the person she hate the most, but she couldn’t deny that the fact of his hand is really warm. She doesn’t know how to explain this, but the certain things she knew. She’s definitely not hating this.

 

“Well, for now is no.” She shook her head slowly. His lips curved started to form a smile, but she quickly cut him. “Only because it’s a fact, it’s not because I really want it.”

 

“Yeah right, Kang Eunji.” Kris rolled his eyes away as he spun around to start walking and she followed behind. Well, like she has any other choice, he was holding on to her hand. Practically she was dragged by him.

 

Though his expression was constantly indifferent, but he indeed an observant person. There are a few times when she was spacing out and about to bump onto someone, he will pull her closer and warned to be more alert. Of course his voice sound annoyed, but he did not have an ulterior motive. That’s just, his style.

 

Her train of thought broke when she bumped onto his back as he abruptly stop his track. “Yah, don’t stop so suddenly!” Eunji grumbled, wiping her nose.

 

Unfortunately he was not paying attention to her. “We’ve  arrived.”

 

“Arrive? Arrive where?” Eunji looked around her but only found a gloomy dark hall. Kris finally let go of Eunji’s hand and ran to the side of the hall. Her eyes swifted to her hand. Did she just feel a slight of emptiness when he let go of this hand? “Ta-dah!” He exclaimed contentedly breaking her thought as he the light on. Since the light Eunji finally realize that she was in a basketball court.

 

“Before my mother grounded me from playing this again for misbehave, I need to play it as much as I can,” Added Kris. “And, yeah. The girl change room is over there, there are extra jersey and track bottom in there.” He pointed to the door at the back before running to the door at the other side.

 

“Do you seriously, expect me to play this with you?” Eunji asked stopping him in his track. He slowly turned to her. “Why? Are you scared?”

 

“Scared of what?” Eunji wrapped her arms around her chest.

 

“Losing to me, again?”

 

That did it.

 

“In your dream,.” Giving him a murderous glare, she stormed into the female changing room.

 

Kris just smirked knowingly before going into the male changing room.

 

This girl… she really can’t stand a challenge.

 

-

 

“In the end, I’m the one who play basketball, by myself.” Kris sighed tightening his hold under her thighs as he was giving her a piggy-bag ride.

 

“And, I’m sorry for having weak ankles.” She muttered slowly beside his head, looking down at her swollen right feet which is now wrapped with his handkerchief …again. “If you find me burdened, you can put me down. I still can walk, you know.” Her voice sounds cold more than she intended.

 

“Stop joking around.” He said, warned her to stop saying the ridiculous thing, before spoke slowly. “Well, I’m the one who asks you to play with me. If anything happens to you, you’re my responsibility. Is that clear?”

 

“Alrighty…” …Mr Nagging. Eunji nodded and realize they have already arrived at the  seventeenth floor as the elevator buzzing. “Why are we here, in this floor?” Asked Eunji.

 

“Because, our room on this floor.”

 

Our room? Please don’t say it that casual. It gives me a goosebumps.

 

“But, I told you, I’m going to sleep with my brother.” Eunji complained when Kris is already unlocking… erm…their room? Euw, gross.

 

It’s already past midnight Kang Eunji, please be reasonable.” He put her down on the couch gently, especially her right leg. “You wouldn’t want to wake them up would you?” He asked before kneeling down in front of her as he observed her swollen feet. “Man, you really have a weak ankle.”

 

“I’m sorry?” She said, blinking her eyelids slowly, mocking. Who the hell make me like this?

 

He just shook his head before got up, and start searching for something inside his bag-pack. Then he suddenly closed back his bag like he was realizing from something that he shouldn’t be doing.  “Erm, are you okay?” Asked Eunji.

 

“Y-yeah.” He stuttered and quickly stood up. “I’ll just go get some ice.” He ran to the kitchen while Eunji just looking at him speechless.

 

Gosh, what the hell is his problem?

 

“Here.” He gave her a packet of ice. “Just pressed it on your ankle slowly. Don’t press it too hard, okay?”

 

“I got it, Kris Wu. I’m not a kid.” She stated and took the ice from him. “Just go do your stuff. Go wash or something. I can take care of myself.” You have already done too much for me today. I don’t think my policy can accept it anymore!

 

He looked at her, diebelief what he just heard. His expression agitated. “Alright mom.” His voice tense. He picked up some of his clothes and went into the bathroom. She startled by the loud bang as he slammed the door roughly.

 

...and he got mad.

 

But I don’t mean to hurt him. Did I?

 

-

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Kris who just got back from the nearest pharmacy asking Eunji, angrily.

 

“W-what?” Eunji jolted awake from his voice. She quickly sat up on the couch, looking at him, worry if she’s done something wrong.

 

“I told you to sleep on the bed!”

 

“It’s only about that. No need to yell, right?.” Eunji sighed.

 

“Get up. Sleep on the bed.” Kris already hold her upper arm.

 

“No, that’s yours, I’m gonna sleep here.” Eunji didn’t move.

 

“Get up!”

 

“Then tell me, where are you going to sleep first?”

 

“Right there, on the couch of course.” He asked still didn’t let go of her upper arm, ignoring her struggle.

 

“Oh, don’t be ridiculous. There’s no way you could fit in here.”

 

“Then, I just can sleep on the floor, rigt here.” His voice sounds angrier.

 

“No way. Just go to sleep in your bed Kris!” She yelled, finally success pulled her hand from his grip. Eunji eyes widened, when she realized the next thing he want to do. He lift her bridal style, but she’s not gonna give up this easily right. She struggle as hard as she can making his grasp on her body loose and she fall back on the couch. She yelps in pain, when her right feet hit the arm chair.

 

Kris looking down at her, his face completely annoyed. Though he felt guilty also sympathy seeing her swollen foot hit the armchair. But unfortunately at the moment, his anger overwhelming him.

 

“Go. Just go to sleep in your bed.” Now her voice sound tense as she slowly rubbed the swollen part.

 

Kris didn’t move an inch from his position, only stared down at her.  While Eunji's head held low, too scared to face him. Slowly, he kneel down in front of her. Eunji saw how his jaw clenched as his eyes only to her ankle. He didn’t say anything and just pulled her ankle from her grasp to him, a bit harsher than necessary actually. She whined. But he ignored her. He took out bandage from the plastic bag he brought. Then he spraid something, that she’s not recognize. but indeed she felt cold and pleasing. After that, he wrapped the bandage around her ankle. He got up when he’s done and brought the plastic bag with him.

 

She saw he went into the bathroom before comeback in his short and tank top. By that time Eunji already pretended to sleep. So, now she actually was peeking on him. When she saw he was coming closer to her, she quickly shut her eyes. He didn’t say anything but just let go of a sigh. Few minutes pass, Eunji still don’t opened her eyes, scared if he still stood right in front of her. Then when she heard a clicking sound, she knew he already turned off the light. So, it safe to open her eyes back.

 

Eunji saw, he already laid on his bed but still not asleep, he was dialing someone. But, that someone not answering.

 

“Where are you? I miss you so bad.” He whispered as voice sound do tender almost desperate. Eunji’s eyes widened, she never saw Kris in this stated. He looked so helpless. “So many things happen today, I really need someone right now. Please call me okay?” He ended his voicemail before tossing his phone to the other side of his bed. He sighed and cuddled his pillow closer to him.

 

Eunji staring at him for quite sometimes. Well, now she realizes, she did hurt him after all. In fact, he didn’t do anything wrong to her. He just tried to be nice and even help her for god sake. But what she’s done to him? She only provokes him Crap, she doesn’t know how to fix it. In fact it’s too late to fix right now. She totally ruined it.

 

“I’m sorry.”


Hello, I already update!!

I don't know how this chapter is going on.,

but for me it's quite boring and dull actually. I dont know why I feel that way. But still, I hope you will enjoy it

Do comment okay, my beloved readers!! ^^

and.,. if you really want to support my story or really like it, please upvote it.,

hehehehe

Thank you., :D