Chapter 1

I'm WHOSE?!

-I'm sorry-

 


 

This is a story about a girl by the name of Eunji. She was just an ordinary teenager who wished to have a normal life as a student at EXO High School. The fact that she had never gotten second place in any academic test since she was born is evidence of her outstanding, genius brain. She received numerous respects from other students; everyone wanted to be friends with her. She lived in a perfect world. She loved her life, well, until she met someone who earned a nickname from her as "lifechanger." It was this disastrous being that almost took everything she had ever earned. But let’s stop talking about this certain guy. This story is about her anyway, not him..

 

- P r e s e n t T i m e -

 

Eunji began walking towards her school, which was about 1 kilometer from her house. There was nothing particularly special about this day. She was wearing her regular uniform, which was, as usual, too big and made her look like a geek.  She was wearing glasses that she had thought looked so cool, but never realized that the word ‘cool’ couldn't have been used to describe those glasses even ten years ago. Her knee length socks were too thick, only for the sake of keeping her body warm, and  her long black hair was tied up in a ponytail, the only thing normal about her appearance.

 

As usual, she just continued her everyday routine, heading to school like other average teenagers until...

 

 “Looking beautiful today, nerdy.” A husky voice came from right beside her ear.

 

Caught completely off guard, Eunji jumped and quickly move away from the source of the voice as fast as she could. She turned while rubbing her neck, which still had a tingling feeling from the closeness of the voice. Then she took notice of the three hottest guys in her school. (Well, that was  what she heard the entire population of girls in her school had been calling them).

 

Firstly, there was Suho, the one who whispered to her and one of the best players in the football team, though he was still unable to nab the captain title. She knew that he had been dying to get it. There must've been something that motivated him to yearn for it so much. He was a complete arrogant jerk, in Eunji overall opinion, though. That constant group of girls following him around just to see his smile? That was totally absurd. Eunji rolled her eyes at the thought.

 

Next, she noticed Kai, the clown type of Kingka who was the goalkeeper on the soccer team. He wasn’t as arrogant as Suho, but he annoyed her, always putting in additional words to make their messing-around-with-her more ‘interesting’ and get more attention. However, that was the only thing he was good at. In his brain, Eunji sure there was nothing, but he did date a lot of girls. So she assumed his school work problems were easily settled by his girls.

 

And the last one there was Kris, the most popular one. He had the best look, the mysteriously badass look. He rarely smiled, was highly talented in basket ball which made him the captain of the basketball team, was intelligent enough to earn the title as top student, and also had a neverending and undying fan-base. In stark contrast to his miraculous profile, she absolutely hated him.

 

“Beautiful, huh? That’s new!” Kai laughed while patting Suho on the back in disbelief from what he just heard.

 

“Yeah, right, only because last night I had a nightmare. The entire world's female population suddenly became a miserable, hideous ghosts. They thought that the more hideous they were, the more beautiful they'd become. So when I saw this ugly girl just now, I felt relieved that she wasn't nearly as hideous as those ghosts.” Suho said and gave Eunji his popular feigning-innocence-but-really-just-a-smug face.

 

Kai laughed again, only this time Suho joined him.

 

Eunji snorted and decided to walk away. There was no need to take part in these childish games. Those guys were always trying to mess with her. It wasn't something new to her either. After all, these guys were just being themselves. Messing with her is their nature in this school. The day they decide not to mess with her would be the day she vowed she'd be able to see pigs fly. There was no way that would happen.

 

“So funny.” She said sarcastically and quickly turned her back towards them, silently stealing a look at the silent one.

 

“I think if you appeared in my dream, you would've been the queen of the ghosts. Congratulations!” She heard Suho say loudly enough to make sure she heard it. And then she heard another laugh. But she continued to walk on and pretend like she didn’t have the slightest clue as to which person they were referring to.

 

Again, huh? He was still silent today. That was rare. In fact, wasn't he the one who started all these daily trials to make her life miserable? Then, only later, his buddies ended up joining in on messing with her.  

 

Wait, why did she even care about him not treating her like crap? She should feel happy that she finally got freedom from one of the insufferable Kingkas. She shook her head to get rid of her weird thoughts. Eunji held her head high and continued to walk on. Every second of her precious time wasted on these guys would certainly achieve nothing.

 

-

 

"Okay, where is it?  Where is my favorite blue pen?" Eunji took out every single item from her pencil case in attempt to find it, but she still had no luck. She eventually started to take out every single thing from her pockets and examine each and every one of them, but the result was still the same. She remembered she had brought it home the night before and used it to finish her homework. Also, when she had walked to school that morning, she had been holding the pen in her hand. So there was no way the pen would be in her desk, right?

 Even after that thought, Eunji still ended up searching her desk. It wouldn't hurt to try, would it? But after searching, she actually ended up finding it. Impossible! Then she realized there was a note stuck on the top of the pen. She took the note off and cautiously read it.

 

I’m sorry

 

There was an unrecognizable signature.

 


 

Okay, this is it for today. Thank you very, very much to, -Muasbby, ParkJoorin, sapphire, and BlueViolet122 the first ones to comment on my story. I really appreciate that and also those who subscribed to my story. This is my first time writing a story on here, so I am really happy with all the feedback I got. That's why I managed to update my first chapter today.

Thank you so much!!

Love you all, and please continue to comment if you want me to update fast.

It would make my day! ^_^

 

Ps: English is my second language, please be understading in my lack of grammar and vocabulary.