Chapter 4

I'm WHOSE?!

-Slow Learner or Just Plain Stupid-

 


 

“Look at that.” Yoonah grabbed Eunji's arm and nodded her head towards a corner.

 

“What?”

 

“It’s Luhan. He got a new girl again.” She said with a disgusted expression. “He just broke up with that Sori a couple of days ago. And now he has already managed to nab a replacement."

 

Eunji nodded her head uninterestedly, not even looking at the couple.

 

“So, now he's even aiming for our junior class, huh?” Yoonah said again. “Did I mention how much of an insufferable player he is?!”

 

“Yeah, like about 1000 times already.” Eunji fixed the position of her badge proudly.

 

“Well, I guess it's 1001 now. I can’t believe that kind of guy was my first love. He actually cheated on me with two girls while we were dating.”

 

“Yeah, but wasn't that over a year ago?”

 

“So what if it was a year ago? Does that mean I can forgive him? He's already had nine girlfriends since we broke up. What a huge player. I felt so stupid you know, being a name on his damn ex-girlfriend list.” Yoonah pouted

 

“But the good thing is, you’re the one who dumped him. So, at least you can't lose all your pride. I’m sure you’re the first one of his girlfriends to ever do that to him. You should at least be proud of that.” Eunji tried to comfort Yoonah as her best friend started to sulk.

 

“Yeah! You’re right. So what if he's had so many girlfriends. I don’t give a damn about that insufferable player!”

 

“It’s 1002 now.” Eunji noted.

 

”Well, yes. And I want to make it 1003 times.” She said when she realized Luhan was staring in her direction at that moment. She obnoxiously mouthed the words at him, “Insufferable Player!”

 

Yoonah flipped her shiny, wavy black hair behind her shoulder confidently at Luhan. “Let’s go, Eunji. Lay is probably already waiting for us.” She dragged Eunji away to the cafeteria, missing Luhan's chuckling over her haughty actions.

 

-

 

“Yoonah, why aren't you eating?” Lay asked when he saw the food on Yoonah's plate was still untouched.

 

“I lost my appetite." She shrugged.

 

Lay looked at the untouched food sadly. “Why?”

 

“No reason." This time she frowned.

 

“Yeah, right, no reason at all.” Eunji said mockingly. “I wonder, who's the one that got all moody after noticing that her ex-boyfriend got a new girlfriend again?”

 

“I did not.” Yoonah said in threatened, giving Eunji a death glare.

 

“Weird, I didn’t say it was you.” Eunji smiled and quietly sipped her drink, as she had already finished eating.

 

Caught completely off guard, Yoonah huffed loudly and whined at Lay. “She's so mean to me.”

 

“Ermm… Sometimes, I guess...” Lay smiled at Yoonah, trying to comfort her and begging Eunji to stop it.

 

Eunji just replied by shrugging her shoulders. At the same time, when Lay was trying to comfort her, Yoonah stole a quick glance at Eunji behind Lay's back and stuck out her tongue in victory. Eunji chuckled silently, and wondered when those two would stop their cheesy act and get married? It was totally silly!

 

As Lay was still occupied trying to persuade Yoonah to eat, the both of them missed the moment where Suho slipped a note onto Eunji's empty plate when he walked past their table. Eunji looked at his back and the note a few times, slightly confused. If Suho is the one who put it there, why did he act like nothing happen?

 

Her eyes still followed his retreating figure until he sat at the table full of his group of wannabe Kingkas. Then he finally turned toward her with his smile or smirk, she didn’t know how to differentiate it, before winking mischeviously at her. She suddenly felt the urge to run to the toilet and throw up. Yuck... that wink. She hesitantly picked the note up.

 

After ten minutes of struggling to persuade Yoonah to eat, she finally give in. Lay sighed in relief, when he heard Yoonah's voice again.

 

“By the way, where did Eunji go?” She asked as she fed herself a spoonful of rice.

 

Lay turned his head to the empty seat in front of him, where Eunji had been sitting. “I-I don’t know.” Frowned Lay, he looked around.

 

“Well, you don’t need to.” They heard a voice, and turned to see Suho. He just smiled at them before bidding them a goodbye. He then exited the cafeteria, leaving them dumbfounded.

 

-

 

Eunji re-read the note for the tenth time in anxiousness, making sure she was reading it right.

 

Meet me in the basketball court now. Trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.

 

Suho

 

What the hell was that jerk talking about now? What did he mean by, you'll regret it? What the hell was she gonna be regretting?

 

She walked back and forth anxiously in the empty basketball court, thinking about what the thick skulled jerk could be planning. She stopped pacing around when she suddenly heard the door knob rotate.

 

“What the hell do you want?!” She yelled as soon as he stepped inside.

 

But then she realized that it wasn't the guy who was supposed to show. She saw a very surprised Kris looking down at her.

 

“My ball.” He finally answered and pointed at round, orange object that had been left on the empty court.

 

“Right, obviously.” She nodded, slightly embarrassed, and moved aside to make space for him to walk.

 

Gosh! She had yelled at the wrong person! How embarassing...

 

He proceeded towards the court and picked up the ball, when he saw that Eunji was still pacing around. He was about to walk out, but stopped halfway to ask something. “So, tell me, what are you doing here?”

 

“Should I answer that?”

 

“As the captain of the basketball team, I suppose I have the right to know what you're doing on my court.” He asked obviously.

 

“Don’t worry, captain, the reason I come here is certainly none of your concern.” She answered, positively and completely in mockery.

 

“Okay, but if something turns up missing in here, you'll be the first one to blame.” He warned.

 

“Don’t worry, I'm not here to steal anything.” She rolled her eyes, but then added menacingly, “I’m neither a thief... nor a liar.”

 

Kris lifted one of his brows at her last statement. Was she talking about the incident in the library three days ago?

 

He sighed and put the ball back down. He hadn't meant any harm; nevertheless, he still owed her an apology.

 

“Okay, first of all, about the other day, I’m sor…”

 

“Stop it.” She quickly cut him off. “Don’t say that.” She shook her head. He could saw her jaw clench tightly and took note of how serious she suddenly looked.

 

“Stop what?” he scowled.

 

“Don’t apologize to me, damn it.” She said flatly.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because you don’t mean it.” She answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“How do you know for sure that I don’t mean it?”  He folded his arm over his chest with one of his brows arched.

 

Damn, not that b*tch face of his again!

 

“Because it's just not your thing. You don’t just go and apologize to people, well at any rate you don’t ever apologize to me.” She replied ignoring her inner thoughts.

 

“So tell me, what is my thing then?”

 

“How am I supposed to know? I’m not one of your crazy stalkers that follow you around, pick up some of your used tissues, or compliment you even when it’s nothing to be proud of.” She shrugged and made a face meaning to say: what-a-dumb-question-was-that?

 

Kris's brows showed he was agitated by Eunji's sarcastic comment. Well, yeah, those words slightly hurt his pride, but somehow he managed to ignore it.

 

“Exactly. If you don’t know what my thing is, it also means that you can’t differentiate about what is and what isn't.” He challenged her. “What if I really did mean it?”

 

“Your apology to me?”

 

He nodded. “Or maybe a truce with you.”

 

“Yeah, right. Says the guy who tormented my high school life for the past two years.” She laughed sneeringly. “Yeah, of course. I'd really believe that.”

 

“You know what, I think it's time we discuss about us.” She knew what he meant more than anyone. But it wasn't the right time. She wasn't ready for it.

 

“No, I don’t think we need to.” She frowned.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don’t want to.”

 

“Sometimes you really can be impossible.” He said irritatingly before picking up his ball again.

 

“Thank you, for your observation. I really appreciate that. But you know I'm already aware of that. I know who I am. And I don’t need any advice from someone like you.” She tried to put on a fake smile.

 

He shook his head in disbelief and walked off of the court. The closing door after him made a harsh 'bang' sound.

 

Eunji shook her head, slowly looking at the door and whispering. “You’re the one who's impossible.”

 

It only took a mere five seconds for the door to open once again and finally reveal the guy she had been waiting for.

 

“What was that all about?” He asked shockingly, motioning towards the door that Kris had just left through.

 

“What?” Eunji asked,  as if she didn’t know what Suho was talking about.

 

“Kris. What was he doing here?” He said before his eyes slowly came to focus on her.

 

“Getting his ball.” She said obviously.

 

“Yeah... but then he walked out looking all mad. What the hell did you do to him?” Before she got the chance to answer, he asked yet another question. “Wait, did he know that you were waiting for me here?”

 

“No.”

 

“Good.” He sighed in relief. “So what did you do just now to make him so angry?”

 

“Well, I really didn’t do anything to him. Not literally.” Eunji answered.

 

“Then why did he…” Suho stopped for a few seconds, slowly caching her meaning.  “If you didn't do anything to him. You must have said something to him, right? What did you say to him?”

 

She could see his smile again. That stupid smile again. She exhaled loudly before giving in.

 

“Just some factual stuff, I guess? If he's going to get all mad about it, it's not exactly my problem, is it?”

 

“What stuff?” He asked. His smiled completely disappeared and was replaced by a smirk and a curious glare. Slowly, he stepped closer, only this time Eunji was fully aware what he was attempting to do. She quickly took a couple steps back.

 

“Random stuff.” She answered with a slight shake in her voice. That fact didn’t escape Suho, which made his smile only grow bigger. He knew he was making her scared.

 

“Now, now. Our little nerd finally has the nerve to keep a secret from me.” His hand had already grasped her right arm, preventing her from getting any further from him. “You know, I rarely appreciate it when someone keeps secrets from me.”

 

Suho really meant what he said to her, though concerning most anyone else, he barely cared about their secrets. But, as he became fully aware that Eunji was hiding something behind his back, all his high spirits to make fun of her were suddenly extinguished and replaced by suspicion and also a bit of anger. He somewhat didn’t care about seeing her with another guy, but seeing her with Kris was another story. Seeing them together made him feel absolutely irritated. Maybe that was because the two of them had some uncertain ‘history’ together that he never could put a finger on. It surey made him furious.

 

“Let go of me.” She warned him glaring at his hand that was gripping her arm.

 

“What? Let go of you?” He laughed in disbelief. “Are you that much of a slow learner or just plain idiotic? You know how I do my stuff. I never stop until I achieve what I want, which in this case is your little secret with Kris. So tell me right now if you don’t want things to get ugly.”

 

“Why do you want to know about it so much? I promise it has nothing to do with you.” Eunji retorted irritably. “So get over it. It's none of your business.”

 

“How many times have I told you.” He said slowly as the gripped her arm tighter and yelled. “I never accept that as an answer!” 

 

At that moment, she realized that her back had just received an impact as he pinned her body with his onto the door. Her arms were locked in place, his palms on her shoulders, firmly trapping her.

 

As she realized how similar this situation was to the incident in the storage room, she heaved a very shaky sigh, trying to control her nervous system.

 

Not this kind of situation again. She hated being in these sorts of situations, especially with this guy. Why was he always doing something like this to her? Making her feel weak, lost, scared. She definitely hated these feelings.

 

“Why are you doing this again?” She asked slowly, not looking up at him because she was too scared to meet his eyes.

 

He didn’t answer back. The only sounds that could be heard were his heavy breaths. She could feel the warm air on the top of her head. He suddenly moved his own head a bit and leaned his cheek on her temple. She was startled by this, but he still remained silent.

 

“Let go of me, please.” She pleaded. God knew how scared she was at the moment.

 

“Only if you promised me one thing.” He finally whispered back, with a very husky voice right next to her ear.

 

“What?” She asked, even though she knew whatever he requested would be something impossible for her to do. But being pinned on the wall by a jerk was an exception. She would do anything to get out of that situation.

 

She felt him press his lips onto the side of her head, making her shudder. He inhaled deeply, taking in her scent before letting go of her arms and body.

 

Then she slowly lifted her head and look into his eyes. Those once again strangely serious eyes.

 

“Be mine.”

 


 

Here we go chapter 4.,. ^_^ please comment after reading it.,. please, and I'll update sooner,., Thanks

shahirashera: Yeah girl's feeling really confusing,. please continue read yeah.,.

-Muasbby: yeah, thanks for always comment my story.,

kissmexotic1494: Really?? Thanks. I really appreciate it,. Haha :D . continue comment alright??