Chapter 20

I'm WHOSE?!

-Debt-

 


It's been four days.

 

Four days they’re not talking to each other. Or truth to be told four days, he’s been giving her the silent treatment. He didn’t talk to her at all. Even when she tried to talk to him, somehow he only answers her with a nod or shook his head, or even worse, he’s not answering at all. Just staring right through her. Silently asking her to drop the subject. Well, But, this  is Kang Eunji we’re talking about, she’s been called a genius for a reason. So this is what happens on the next morning after the horrible/awkward night she ever have.

 

=Four days ago=

 

“I will sleep in my dongseng’s room from now on.” She said loudly after packing her stuff in her luggage. Kris who was tying up his shoes lace just answer with a quick nod. He didn’t even turn to her.

 

Still not talking… huh?

 

“And… Don’t worry, I’ll make sure, my dongseng won’t utter a single word about this.” She put on a thumb up and a force smile to him. She doesn’t want to look that desperate to talk to him. She has a reputation to hold after all. Unfortunately,  Kris still didn’t look back. She awkwardly put down her thumb.

 

“Alright?” she pressed. And he only gave the similar quick nod … again.

 

“You hear me?” She pressed him again, tilting her head to the side, somehow fed up of his cold attitude. Of course she saw he nodded his head just now, but she just wanted him to say something or maybe to look at her when he answered her. For God sake, he didn’t utter a single word to her the entire morning since they awake, even when they had breakfast with the family, or when his mom said she forbid him to go into the basketball court for the entire summer break or the court will reconstruct for swimming pool. He didn’t even flinch! Eunji and Sehun on the other hand have already exchanged shock expression hearing that. Crap, this woman is a witch!

                                                               

God, please tell him to say something, or shoot a glare at her or maybe curse her or even kick her under the table. Please, do something! She swears, she won’t say anything. Well yeah, when she’s the main reason for him to receive that punishment.

 

“Where do you think you’re going? I’m not done here.” She grabbed him when he has already got up, deciding to ignore her question. Kris finally turned to her, But still his eyes don’t meet hers. He was staring down at her hand that grabbed his wrist for what felt like forever. Felt somehow uncomfortable by his intense gaze. “I-I didn’t mean to.” She apologized, awkwardly withdraws her hand. Eunji then cleared , before proceeding.

 

“But first, we need to discuss about our routine.”

 

Kris on the other hand, stooping down and busying himself by packing his things.

 

Still not talking?

 

“Well, you know about the breakfast and dinner routines that we need to eat together with our family.” She explained slowly, restrained herself from clenching her fist. “And it will be really weird if we didn’t arrive together. So… how? Do you have any idea?”

 

How, about that? You should say something by now. 

 

He scoffed before slinging his bag across his shoulder and stood up straight in front of her, towering her.

 

Her eyes widened when she heard him scoffing.

 

Finally, his sharp eyes found hers, piercing hers. “Like you will ever listen to me.” He  added, lightly. She gulped hard before nodded absent-mindedly.

 

“But still…” before she could finish her words, he already exits the room.

 

That was the last thing he said to her after that. Though the way he said it, it's like that was the obvious thing but to her it felt rather harsh and not to mention, it’s really…

 

… Hurt.

 

=End of flashback=

 

Eunji pressed her lips together, feeling more agitated than she care to admit, by the thought. But, she cannot blame anyone for this, because she knew this was entirely her fault. All happen because of her unnecessary stubbornness.

 

And now, she realized, her genius brain is not working on him at all.

 

She snapped on her own thought by hearing the door creaking behind her. Eunji stepped aside giving him some space to walk out. Locking his room, Kris stride toward the elevator and Eunji followed behind him, closely. So, this is their new routines, every time before breakfast and dinner she will wait him outside his room and walk together to the dining place, which is the private dining place on the second floor only for their family or someone close to Kris’s family. About Kris parents, their room was in the penthouse above Kris room. As the precaution, to not meeting his parent before it, Eunji will use emergency stair when she goes to Kris room from her brother’s room. And only use the elevator when she and Kris were together. And for him, he was startled when she first appeared at the in front of his door, but she quickly explained her plan. Kris didn’t answer her except staring at her with his poker-face but he also didn’t oppose her idea. Okay, she assumed that’s his way agreeing with her. So, she decided to continue with her plan then.  

 

When they arrive at the dining place, Kris held the door for her. At least he still has the manner. With a slight nod to him she went in first before Kris followed behind her. Her forehead wrinkled in confusion as she looked at the smaller size of dining table. She saw their breakfast, pancakes, waffles, bacon, omelets and etc… but, only four empty plates were served. Eunji looked at her brothers and realize they have the same expression as hers.

 

Seeing the confusing looks, Kris spoke first. “My mom and dad had already flew back to Korea this morning.”

 

“Oh, that’s why.” Sehun nodded while Eunji just staring at Kris. Yeah, apparently, she’s the only who received the cold treatment from him. She knew, Sehun and Kris quite close, and these four days, they always hang out together, including Jihun… and leaving her alone. Nah, they actually asked her to join them but she refused. And ‘they’ in this term only refers to Sehun and Jihun. Kris never asked her, like she said earlier ‘Like you will ever listen to me’ was the last word he ever said to her. And also, it will be really awkward if she joins them.

 

“Our appa too. But he flew back last night. He has some emergency meeting.” Sehun added.

 

“I know.” Kris took the seat in front of Sehun, leaving the only seat available was the seat beside him. “That’s the main cause my parents flew back too, because the only reason they stay here is gone.” He chuckled before took the handkerchief and put it on his laps. 

 

Sehun saw the sarcastic in his words, he opened his mouth to say something but Eunji’s gaze caught him first. She shook her head, telling him not to do it as she took the seat beside Kris. He silently agreed and closed his mouth back.

 

“Can we start now, please. I’m starving!” Jihun whined.

 

“Let’s dig in then.” Kris smiled.

 

-

 

“The flight for today, they only have in the evening. 6.00 p.m.”  Eunji informed Sehun, her brow cocking. “Are you okay with it?”

 

“Yeah, I’m alright.” He answered after giving her a thought before cautiously and sneakily  crawl on the bed next to hers, as he tried not to awake his younger brother.

 

She eyed Sehun suspiciously as she saw his hidden motive, when he continue crawl closer to Jihun; he wanted to tickle Jihun. She quickly slapped, Sehun feet. Sehun stirred. “Don’t. Jihun just fall asleep.”

 

Sehun stirred, slightly upset. “What? I didn’t do anything.” He put on uninterested face.

 

Eunji was just staring with a knowing gaze before facing her laptop back. Sehun on the other hand, was pouting, and mumbling before retreat back to his side.

 

“It’s 6.00 p.m. then!” Eunji pressed the enter button excitedly.

 

Noona really want to get away from here that bad huh?”

 

“Oh, you can’t even imagine it.” Eunji smiled widened.

 

-

 

“Seriously, do we need to do this?” Eunji whined as Sehun and Jihun practically dragging her out from the hotel lounge.

 

“Why would we come here to Japan in a summer, if we didn’t go to their summer festival and enjoy it. This is the best part!” Sehun answered put on his arm around Eunji shoulder, convincing her “So, yeah. We need  to do this.”

 

“True, true.” Jihun on her other side also pulling her finger with him, while nodding his head.

 

“But’s it’s hot out there.”

 

“It’s normal. By the way, noona, don’t you think your skin is too pale?” He held up her arm and showed his arm which slightly tanned and dark beside her. He’s right, her skin way too pale compared to his. And its look unhealthy. “See, what I mean?”

 

“Me too, me too. Look at mine.” Jihun held up his arm to Eunji sight.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I know.” She messed up with Jihun’s hair.

 

“So, let’s go.”

 

“Right… whatever.”She unwillingly dragged her feet with them.

 

But the next sight completely caught her off guard, she stopped her stride again. “What the…” She didn’t end her sentences.

 

“What?” Sehun frowned before turned to Eunji’s gaze to see what the things that make his noona stop.  Eventually his eyes widened too. They saw the building in front of them have been boarded with yellow black stripped which written ‘Caution do not enter.’ And there also a couple of bulldozers parked near the place.

 

Fu… ouch!” Eunji pinched his waist, stopping him from cursing in front of Jihun.

 

“What does that means?” Eunji’s whispered, ignoring Sehun’s whined, rubbing his sore waist. “I thought you said, he didn’t play the basketball.” Eunji turned to Sehun.

 

“I swear, he didn’t play yesterday. He has just come and watch me with the local guy play. I even asked him to join me after that when only both of us left. And he turned down me. What a good son he is.” Sehun added with light in his eyes, hinting his sister. But Eunji didn’t see that sarcastic face of him as her sight lock on the building in front of her, the basketball court to be exact.

 

“But…” Eunji bite her lower lips, inhaled deeply, try to calm her fury. And yeah she was displeased, no she was beyond displeased. She was angry.

 

“Wait, when he came in yesterday I believe I saw one of the staff was watching him. I think maybe the staff think, Kris hyung was playing with us. But I’m not sure…”

 

“You take care of Jihun, please.” Eunji interrupted Sehun before he could finish his sentences. She handed Jihun to Sehun. Without leaving a second she ran back into the lounge and even bump into a few people on her way in. I can’t believe his mother is actually serious about this. What a total !

 

“Noona, where are you going?” Sehun shouted and his question left unanswered when he saw his sister already went into the elevator.

 

“I didn’t realize noona actually care about Kris hyung that much.” Sehun uttered slowly, staring at the elevator.

 

“Of course she did, Kris hyung is going to be noona’s husband, our brother-in-law, also means he’s going to be our family. Of course noona care about him.” Jihun said in a matter of fact while Sehun on the other hand was scowling. Did he seriously being lectured by a kid 10 years younger than him?

 

“Let’s go, big mouth!” Sehun walked on, and Jihun followed behind him with a long pout and mumbling bout how meanie his hyung was and how he hate it. Sehun smugly ignore it, at least now they tie. hahaha

 

-

 

“Kris!” Eunji screamed as she stormed into his room but sadly found nothing. “Kris, where are you?” She shouted, just try to make sure if he really not in his room. Still no answer. She exhaled loudly that she didn’t realize she’s been holding. “Where are you, damn it!” Eunji stamping her legs like a little child before collapse on his bed. She wanted to call him, but knew it was impossible as she didn’t have his cell phone number. Picking up his pillow, she buried her face in it. Though it’s hard to admit, but she seriously worried sick about him. Why in the world, does he make her feel this way?

 

Jerk.

 

Jerk!

 

Jerk!

 

Before she realized, a drop of tears leaking from her eyes. Eunji quickly wiped it and saw a tear stained. She stared at the stain. Did she just… cry over a man? No, this is ridiculous! She never cried over a man especially her ex-nemesis.

 

No!

 

This is not hers. Kang Eunji never cry this easy and also she’s not this weak! Throwing his pillow away, Eunji quickly got up from the bed, wiping the tears stained on her shirt. Set her jaw high, she went off from the room with one aim in her head. She need to find him, correction, she will find him!

 

-

 

Kris took one long sad look at the scenery in front of him. The sky and sea were blue, and the cloud was white like a snow. Frankly, the sight before him is beautiful, no, it’s wonderful. But it doesn’t seem to affect him like it would be every single year before. He felt nothing, blank, empty. He continues to stroll down by the sea, and once in a while give a polite smile to the local or foreigner who smiling or giggling over him or purposely bumping into him just to attract his attention, or sometimes who really daring and ask his number publicly. Still, he didn’t feel anything. These kinds of incidents were too normal for him. Okay he accepted it, he has the look. But at a time, he really wanted to throw away his looks. It’s not like he’s not appreciated his good look. But God! Right now, he just wanted to be alone, walking by himself without anyone barge in. But because this look, it felt like impossible.

 

“Hey, handsome. Hello?” The white girl who asking his number,  snapping her finger on his face.

 

“Pardon?” He spoke English.

 

“So you can speak English. I thought you didn’t understand me just now.” The girl giggling. “By the way, I’m Lisa. Nice to meet you.” She extended her hand to him with a wink.

 

Kris swift his gaze to Lisa’s extended hand with a much disinterest face, silently asking her to off. He doesn’t have time for this.

 

But , sometimes girls can be really stubborn. Instead of back off, Lisa stepped closer to him. “And you?”

 

Suddenly, he felt someone grab his arm pulling and stirring him to his back.

 

“Found you.” Eunji huffed at him, panting. She couldn’t help but smiling at him, only god know how relieve she was, at the moment. Kris on the other hand was looking at her rather strangely.

 

Kang Eunji?” He spoke softly.

 

“Wait a sec.” She choked, from the panting. She slowly let go of his wrist and put in on her knees. Her other hand massaged her chest, calming it down.

 

“Excuse me. We’re having a conversation here.” Lisa, stand in front of Kang Eunji. “Where are we just now? Oh your name? What’s your name handsome?” She smiled to him.

 

Eunji straightened up, looking at them, innocently, she was so clueless about what just happened. In fact, she didn’t see Lisa earlier, because her body was completely covered by Kris’ body from her point of view.

 

And excuse for us too.” Kris walked past her and just stopped right in front of Kang Eunji to put his arms on each side of her shoulder. Eunji became bit jumpy when their skin met, startled by his sudden act. But, the next things he does is whole another story around, he was looking at her with a smile. An actual smile. Slowly, his palm come to her face. She eyed his hand cautiously.

 

“Seriously Hon, I told you I’ll be back.” Uses his thumb, he wiped a few drops of sweat on the side of her face, on her chin, and on her forehead. He chuckled looking down at her panic face. “Miss me that much?” He thumbs playing with her chin, lingering on it longer than necessary.

 

Seriously?

 

One hand to his side, one hand wrapped around Eunji’s shoulder he spun back to Lisa. “My name is Kris by the way, and she’s Eunji, My fiancée.” He winked emphasized at the last word as he looked down at the seething yet ashamed Lisa. Her face was red, tomato kind of red. Watching how red her face is, he swore, he could imagine smoke coming out of her ears. Prepare for the worst, he quickly grabbed Eunji by the hand and drag her away. Unusually she followed him, without asking him anything, or trying to be difficult.

 

-

 

Eunji turned to sneak a peak at their attached hand. He still didn’t let it go. It’s already a full minute from the second they leave, only-god-know-who-is-the-girl. But she knew, he only did that because maybe he doesn’t anyone to bother him. It’s not like he really mean what he said it. See, it’s been a minute and he still didn’t talk to her. He indeed still giving her the cold shoulder. It’s in a matter of second he will let go of her hand. As a cue, Kris turned to look around, making sure they already out of Lisa’s sight. He slowly untangled his finger one by one from hers.  

 

Of course, Eunji saw his intention, before her brain start functioning what she’s going to do, her hand react first. She grabbed his hand, stopping him from let go of her hand.

 

Kris ended his step and turned to her. Her step end too, beside him. His brow cocking in confusion, eyeing their hands before his gazes meet hers. His expression surprise, so did she.

 

“Actually,Iheardaboutyourbasketballcourt.No,actuallyIsawitjustnow.So,Ithoughtyoudon’tknowaboutthis, Butthen,Irealizeofcourseyoualreadyknowaboutthis.Youknowyourmombetterthananyoneelse.” She blurted out and stopped when even herself did not understand what she was talking about. She looked up and saw his crumple brow. “Am I talking too fast?”

 

He continued staring at her.

 

Crap.

 

Eunji looked down tried to arrange her words before she spoke. “It’s about your court. I assumed you were not doing okay with it.” Her eyes slowly trailed over their hand. “That’s why.” She motioned her head to their hand, still her eyes didn’t meet him. “Y-you know, It’s not like I re-really want to hold your hand. It's just you have done it to me. You remember right? When I’m not oka-doing so good. You do this to me, to make me feel better. S-so I just want to pay my debt. A-and this, the only- the only way I could think of.” She trailed off, pause at every few second eyes everywhere. Damn, she felt so helpless. She never felt helpless. Her fingers started to clench  the side her track bottom try to find other excuses.

 

Before she could utter another word he suddenly started walking again, pulling her with him, much closer than before that her shoulder was touching his upper arm. Then he swift their finger position, so this time their finger were intertwined.

 

“Thanks.” He mumbled slowly. Eunji looked up to see his face, making sure she’s not imagining it. When he just looked ahead, she decided not to press any further.  

 

Half of an hour passed, neither of them spoke up to start a conversation. The silences were bearable. But she’s not that comfortable either. Well at least, they’re not talking. So, her genius mouth could not pull any trigger for asking any fight. And, he still keep her safe by his side, grunting about small thing when she bump onto someone or slipping over a stone. Duh, he really an ahjumma.

 

Before she realized she already in the festival with him. She only realizes it when a local old lady asking them to buy couple bracelet.

 

He stopped and turned to her. “You want?”

 

“You?”

 

Kris picked up a few bracelets from the the box and started to compare it. “I like this one.” He showed her a simple gold rose bracelet to her.

 

“It’s fine.” She nodded.

 

“Please give the other one of this.” He smiled to the old lady. After the old lady gave him the other one with a smaller size, Kris puts it on Eunji. “Yeah, the colour is fine with you.” He added before turning to the old lady. “We’ll take it.” He handed  a couple of bucks.

 

“Let’s go.” He pulled the awestruck Eunji with him. Still surprise, from what just happened. Eunji observed the bracelet on her wrist, eyeing the other one on his wrist back and forth. Did he just buy me a couple bracelet? How come? I thought it was for… Jenny

 

Her train of thought broke when his hand suddenly released hers. She snapped, somehow annoyed. She looked up, and saw his astonish face. She followed his gaze and saw…

 

“Jenny.” Kris muttered slowly

 

Jenny who was squatting down by the small aquarium, busy trying to scooping the gold fish using a thin paper scooper also known as poi.

 

Kris strode up, “Jenny.” He called her, his surprise expression remained. Jenny looked up, she held the same expression as his, before her genuine smile erupted. “Kris? Finally I found you, I asked the counter about you, and they say-”

 

He cut her by pulling her in his crushing embrace. Jenny slowly looked up. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She whispered.

 

He didn’t answer her, he only tightened his hold before buried his face in her shoulder.  

 

“Hey, hey… are you okay?” her left hand on his back, while her right hand already on the back of his neck, massage it, soothing him. “You didn’t call me back.” He whispered.

 

“I know. I’m sorry okay.” Her fingers continued massage him. “You don’t know, how I’m dying to call you back, but they wouldn’t let me. It’s not a surprise then.”

 

Eunji on the other hand felt left out. Suddenly, she realized that she’s not fit in the picture, not ever. Well, before misunderstand ensue, she better be gone now. Also, when Jenny is here, there is a possibility that her best friend, you-know-who, is here too. 

 

After a long sigh, she took a few steps back and only stopped when a hand caught her shoulder.

 

Kang Eunji? Is… that you?”

 

“Yea…?!” She spun around, to see the one who calling her, who oddly has the familiar voice of...

 

Damn, speaking of the devil.

 


 

 

 

 

Okay, firstly, I’m really sorry for updating really late. I just quit my last college and got into a new one recently. And at the new academy, like usual it has their orientation. And the orientation week really . Super . They let go of us at 1.00 a.m. And I need to wake up at 4.00 a.m. The weeks is super busy and super tired.

First night I didn’t sleep at all.

Seriously, I felt like a zombie.

So, I hope you guys understand.

 

New subscribers are really appreciated.

Big hugs and kisses!!

 

Please comment!

 XOXO

 

And here the picture of Kris and Eunji couple bracelet. I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain the detailed.

 

And last but not least for Su-ji or Eun-ho shipers, I promise the next chapter going to be about them, sorry for making you guys wait. 

XD