Chapter 16

I'm WHOSE?!

-Flashback-


 

“Are you Kris?”

 

 

“Yes I am.” He answered after putting his stuff inside his new locker. Then he turned to her.

 

 

“I’m Kang Eunji. Your fiancée.” Eunji introduced herself.

 

 

He chuckled awkwardly, raising his eyebrows looking at her up and down. “Well I heard about it.”

 

 

“Are you that great?” She asked stonily.

 

 

“Huh? What?” He stunned by her question. The smiled completely disappear.

 

 

“Stop playing like a fool.” She smiled without any humor. “What’s your mark in Science from the entrance exam?”

 

 

“Why are you asking me this?”

 

 

“Just answer it.” She grunted.

 

 

“85, why?”

 

 

“I’m 90.”

 

 

“Then?”

 

 

“Your history?”

 

 

“92.”

 

 

“I’m 94.” She smirked.

 

 

“Math?”

 

 

“What’s wrong with you actually? Are you completely insane?” His jaw clenched.

 

 

“Why? Are you failing in math then?”

 

 

“Damn no. I got 100.”

 

 

She can feel her jaw drop slowly. She quickly closed it back and asked another question. “Korean then?”

 

 

“I don’t remember, and are you enough?” He slammed the locker door roughly, startled her. “What the hell is wrong with you, asking me those questions as soon as I stepped into this school?” He let out an impatient breath.

 

 

Her red lips curved upwards into a wicked smirk, sending chills down the new students' spine. “Other than math, I’ve completely better than you.”

 

 

 “Your point is?”

 

 

“Nothing.”

 

 

He sighed try his best to control his temper, “Can you just show me my class now?”

 

 

“Indeed.” She spun her heels proudly and stepped confidently. He grumbled before followed her. “In any case, you’re not that great after all.” She whispered lightly.

 

 

That did it. Never once in his life someone actually spit that literally on his face. He knew he is not that great, But he certain, he is still good enough. Always got the first place in any field he in, that’s him. And now who the hell this girl is telling him he is not that ing great, just because she just a bit better than him.

 

 

“Neither did you, Snobbish.” He whispered with venom dipping in his tone, purposely brushed his shoulder against her. She stumbled.

 

 

“You call me what?”

 

 

He spun around blocking her way. “Snobbish girl? Isn’t that what you are?”  He sneered. “Asking my result just so you can show off your better result,  what the ing hell can I call that in then?

 

 

“How dare…”

 

 

“Then what?” He shrugged, cocking an eyebrow as he glanced away. She glanced too and finally she realized that almost the whole classes that share the same hallway were out watching them.   

 

 

Crap

 

 

“I-I…”

 

 

“You what? You come to me like you're in this whole separate stratosphere, as if I should consider myself lucky to be standing fifty feet beneath you. Isn’t that what you are?” His eyes flashed as he motioned to the students hovering around in horrible little circles as they watched them, or gawking over him while giving her the glare. Now what he already has his supporter against her merely an hour after he came here? How convenient?

 

 

She stared at him bemused. “Then you are so god damn lucky to actually speak to me.” She smiled cruelly, glaring to each one of the nameless students who gave her the nasty look, with intent to defy them.  Eunji held her chin high moving passed him, disregarding the glare she received from everyone.

 

 

And that’s how it’s all started.

 

 

Kris jolted awake when he felt a harsh shake from his right foot which hanging on the arm chair. Fact, this couch is too small for him. He opened his eyes felt bothered to the certain someone who kick him to wake him up. He saw Eunji looked down at him weirdly or annoyed, he couldn’t differentiate it. And there was comforter securely warped around her body, and her face was flushed from only god knows why. Startled, Kris got up from the couch he was lying on and fixed his crumple shirt. Damn, was he just sleeping here, at her house?

 

 

She sighed. “How in the hell you let my brother sleep here?”

 

 

He frowned because didn’t catch her words. Just then a moan could be heard from the couch, they turned and he saw Eunji’s five years old brother, Jihun snuggle himself from the absence of warmness. Slowly he finally remembered what happened last night. He went here to visit her here, but only realize it already past the curfew, which means she already slept. He met with her brother on the way out, and the boy kept begging him to accompany him watched this certain horror movie. He tried to reject that offer, but damn, let’s blame the gene, making this boy so damn stubborn like that certain someone. Finally left with no option he reluctantly agreed to it.

 

 

On a second thought, now he knows why she had that flushed face, that’s also the reason he comes here in the first place, she caught fever from the rain.

 

 

He opened his mouth to say something, but didn’t when she already stepped to her brother, pinched his cheek lightly. “Wake up chubby,” She muttered.

 

 

Slowly, Jihun opened his eyes staring sheepishly at his sister. “What time is it now?” He mumbled, rubbed his eyes with his knuckle.

 

 

Eunji turned to clock on the wall, while Kris looked at his wrist watch. Damn, it’s already 7.30 a.m.

 

 

Eunji glared at Kris when she heard him curse, before turned to her brother with softer expression. “It’s 7.30. You better get up now, appa said he would like to have breakfast with us.” Eunji extended her hands to Jihun. “Here.”

 

 

“Really?” He asked hopefully.

 

 

Eunji nodded and her brother slowly pushed his body up and collapsed his body completely in Eunji arms. “Good boy.” Eunji smiled, patted her brother back and carry him up, positioned his head on the crook between her neck and shoulder. “Let’s clean yourself.”

 

 

“Hmm.” He nodded, leans his cheek on her shoulder. She walked passed Kris, who just stand there, watched them.

 

 

She stopped, and barely turned to him. “Give me one minute.” She stated before continue to carry her brother to the second floor. He took another glance to his wristwatch, sinking himself into the couch and grabbed the remote control to the channel on the television.

 

 

“Here,” He stirred as Eunji put a complete male uniform on the arm chair. “My appa already called your home, that you’re here. And they sent your uniform.” She said, not looking at him. “On your right side, there’s a bathroom for guest, you can use it. We’ll eat breakfast at the dining table in thirty minutes.” With that she left him once again.

 

 

“Right.” He snickered, pick up his uniform and slung in on his shoulder before giving her another glance toward her direction. “Still difficult. How classy?”

 

 

-

 

 

“Did noona see that?” Jihun swing Eunji hand as they walked out through the gate.

 

 

“What?” Eunji slightly nodded to Kris as he held the gate open for them.

 

 

“Appa, was talking to us.” Jihun smiled excitedly. “And he looked happy. Right Kris, hyung? Did you see it, his smile?” Jihun turned to Kris and he grabbed Kris’ hand with his free hand. Kris who was looking away turned to them eyed on the small hand that grasps his. His eyes trailed to Jihun’s other hand which attached to Eunji. He snorted on how irony this situation is. Even a glimpse of this condition spotted by other students will going to make this a hot topic. Kris smiled when he saw that Eunji realized the same and quickly rolled her eyes away from him.

 

 

“Did you?” Jihun pressed to break the train of his thought.

 

 

“Of course I did.” Kris tried his best to give a genuine smile to Jihun. “Appa even promise you to buy you a present for being the top student in your class.” Kris patted the younger boy's head.

 

 

“I really can’t wait for it.” Jihun chuckled happily, swinging their hands higher. “And also thanks to my noona who always here with me,” He giggled at Eunji.

 

 

Eunji smiled back to her brother and unintentionally trailed her gaze to Kris with bitter expression. That’s not the truth, the facts is their appa only did that because he was there with them. The Great Kris was there. If not, appa never bother about it. She looked away and sighed.

 

 

Kris of course saw that. He suddenly felt burdened, like this this all happened was actually his fault. So, he decided he had to do something about this poor sibling, been left out by their own father.  

 

 

“So, tell me what you want, I think I’ll give you a present too, because your appreciation to your noona.” Kris asked, adeptly stole a look from Eunji, who give him don’t-be-ridiculous expression.

 

 

“Seriously?” Jihun eyes shine.

 

 

Kris eyes back to Jihun before nodded. Eunji glared at him, signalling him to stop the abruptness right away.

 

 

“Erm, well. I can’t think of any right now.” Jihun answered after a full minute give a thought. “But, don’t worry. I’ll tell hyung if I think of any. I promise.” Jihun let go of  Kris hand to stick up his pinky finger to him.

 

 

“It’s a promise then.” Kris hooked his pinky finger to Jihun.

 

 

“Okay enough chit-chatting. We have already arrived in your school.” Eunji interrupted them and faking up an innocent face to Kris.

 

 

“Okay, you’re done handsome boy. Off you go.” Said Eunji after fixing her brother clothe.  

 

 

“See you at home.” Jihun smiled and give a nodded to Kris. Kris replied with cocking his brows, and Jihun try his best to copy him. He even pouts his lips to look like Kris’ lips which were naturally pouty lips.

 

 

Seriously this boy!

 

 

“Be careful!” Kris shouted when Jihun stumbled on his way to the gate.

 

 

“Walk slower. No need to rush.” Eunji added..

 

 

“I will.” His small voiced reply before he surrounded by a few female pupils. “Yah Kang Jihun, who’s that tall oppa? Your hyung?” The girls asking him glance to Kris a few times to Kris.

 

 

“Not yet, but soon enough.” Jihun answered proudly, giving Kris another smile.

 

 

Kris expression stoned while Eunji’s soured.

 

 

“Seriously?” Eunji eyed his brother in disbelief.

 

 

“Let’s head back to our school. We only have twenty minutes left.” He reminded her after looked at his wrist watch. “Let’s go.”

 

 

She nodded and slowly followed him.

 

 

One minute past, neither one of them utter a single word.

 

 

“So, are you…”

 

 

“I’m not telling my appa any of it if that you’re worried about.” Suddenly Eunji cut him.

 

 

“Tell your appa what?” What is she talking now?

 

 

“Tell him about your relationship with Jenny?” She answered obviously. “Isn’t that’s what you’ve been trying to talk to me since last month? Also this.” She took out his handkerchief from the incident month ago and shoved it to him. “Thank you anyway, though you’re over reacting. But it's good to know you at least have someone that you’re care about which is absolutely not me. You just do it, because you want to bribe me.” She emphasized. “And because I’ve always avoid you, and keep changing topic, you decide to come to my house where the only place I can’t avoid you. Am I right?”

 

 

Kris was speechless. This girl is undeniably not stupid indeed. He has to admit, almost all her assumption is right about the last month matter. But yesterday, he doesn’t think so. He's pretty sure that he didn't come to her house with that reason on his mind. He actually was… worried about her. Is that even possible? “I… well, the only certain thing is that not the reason I come to your house, yesterday.” He answered honestly.

 

 

“Then?” She stopped and turned to him. “Are you worried about me?” She blurts.

 

 

He stiffed by her words, slowly turned to her, and stared. She stared back, waiting for his answer.

 

 

The silences were tense.

 

 

Suddenly she gaped at him before let out a bark of laughter. “Stop being ridiculous, please!” She wiped her tears from the laughter. “Seriously, this is unbelievable.” She started to walk again, leave him.

 

 

“Why?” He strode beside her. “Why is that so unbelievable?”

 

 

She didn’t answer but continue her laughter shook her head slowly.

 

 

Kris grew impatient and let out a grunt.

 

 

“So are you alright?” He asked.

 

 

“Alright from what?”

 

 

“I don’t know, rain?”

 

 

She stopped in her track and sighed. “I’m not sick, Kris.” She assured him. “Done with your task? Can I go now?”

 

 

“What task?”

 

 

Eunji chuckled. This boy seriously knows how to play dumb. “Stop it. I know you only asked me these because your parents request you to. Don’t forget to send my hello to them.” She smiled warmly, but still rich of sarcasm.

 

 

He stared at her and ignoring her sarcasm. This girl so damn difficult indeed. “Are you seriously alright?” He repeated.

 

 

“Other than being a thick prick, I don’t know, you’re a deaf too?” She said tiredly.

 

 

“From the bullies then?” Asked Kris, his voice raspy from the back of the throat.

 

 

Her smiled abruptly disappeared. She nodded absently, tucking her hands in her pockets, giving him a good glare. “I told you to forget it didn’t I? It’s not like it is something new?” She proceeded her stepped before stirred. “Anyway, how long did you want to walk with me? And I’m sure it will not be that great if your oh-so-handsome-trio kingka saw you talk to me like this.” She nodded her head to the side. Kris turned and saw Kai was walking toward their direction but still didn’t acknowledge them since he was busy flirting.

 

 

Kris turned to Eunji with irritated face. He still has not done talking to her. While Eunji on the other side just grabbed this chance to escape from him. Just as she turned after gave her glory sneer to Kris, she bumped into someone’s chest. Seriously? Could this be any worse? But before she fell on her that person quickly grabbed her arm, stabilizing her.

 

 

“Thanks.” She said as she clutched his shirt pulled herself up. “I’m so clumsy.” She added embarrassedly.

 

 

“What’s the meaning of this?” That guy asked.

 

 

Eunji gaped when she heard that so annoyingly familiar voice! She looked up to confirm it, silently plead her prediction is wrong. And yeah, her prediction never went wrong. The possessive maniac, Kim Suho is here, saw her with Kris. Not to mention, he looked so damn pissed. Her eyes went wide when she absorbs the scenes.

 

 

“I asked, what the ing hell is going on here?!” He spat harshly on her face.

 

 

Thanks God, it sure can get any worse. 

 


 

Oh my god, the last update i got the highest comment, I've ever got., THANK YOU!!!

Sorry for the late update., I stuck with my assignmet., And sorry if i not reply your comment now., but I'll try to reply it one by one slowly., 

PS: there's a reply button now.. heehee

 

Anyway, please enjoy it., ^^

Once again thanks for comment and subscribe my story.,

Really love you guys!!

Keep supporting me okay!!