제 23 장

Innocent Lovers

"Ok, it's done." Mr. Park sighed after closing the folder with the divorce papers after Yonghwa signed the last page.

"Congratulations on your divorce." Shinhye joked with a smile on her face.

It was sad for her, of course, but then again, it was the best for them both.

"You too," Yonghwa replied with a warm smile in his face as well he offered her a handshake, she gladly took it "I really hope, sincerely, you can find a man that loves you and  who can makes you happy. To you, and your baby," he said.

“I hope so too.” Still with that smile on her face, she said.

"W-what?!Baby?!What baby?!" Jungshin stood up and asked shocked. He still didn’t know Shinhye was pregnant, Yonghwa hadn't told him she was pregnant from another man.

"Sorry I didn't tell you" Yonghwa said.

"It's a...long story" Shinhye stood up from her sit wearing her bag properly getting ready to leave.

"No, no, no wait up. You can't leave without telling me what happened first." Jungshin told Shinhye as he stood in front of her preventing her from leaving. She laughed.

"I can't tell you now, I have a flight to catch remember?"

"You still have 2 hours left, come on tell me," he said suddenly holding his arm and leading her toward the back yard.

Back in their school days, they 5 were close best friends, but she had a special close relationship with Jungshin, even closer than Minhyuk's.

"Well, while they talk, why don't you join us for dinner?" Seohyun's mother suggested.

Mr. Park stared at the woman, he and her daughter didn’t have much time, they just came all the way from Seoul to just sign the divorce papers and leave.

Shinhye and Yonghwa didn’t even had time to talk about what had happened the latest months, but either thought it was none of each other’s business. Not even now that they’ll be signing the divorce.

They just came and did what they had to do; they didn’t even introduce each other. Before Seohyun and Yonghwa arrived, the atmosphere inside the house was awkward; they were all in silence, so Mr. Park knew no one in there except for Jungshin of course.

“Mr. Park, this is Seohyun,” Yonghwa started after notice Shinhye’s father uncomfortable face “She is her mother and her father, Mr. and Mrs. Ahn,” the three of them bowed at him.

“I’m Choi Sooyoung, Jungshin’s girlfriend.” Sooyoung introduced herself as well offering him a handshake.

“Jungshin’s girlfriend? Woah, so he did really found one?” Mr. Park joked, Sooyoung shyly laughed.

“Come sit down, I’ll serve you dinner.” Mrs. Ahn told him and his assistant showing them the way toward the dining table.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“I’m so glad you finally realized all this Shinhye,” Jungshin told Shinhye as he held her hand.

She had told him the exact same words she told Minhyuk back then ‘You can’t force love’

“Although I realized late, I’m happy I did. So we can stop all the suffering,” she sighed.

“Exactly, that’s the best. The best for you and him, been happy is what matters. If been together isn’t what destiny had planned for you both, then you should accept it and follow your own happiness with someone else.”

“Woah, are those words really coming from your mouth?” Shinhye told him surprised.

“Sooyoung’s mom is psychologist so…” Jungshin said a bit proud, Shinhye just laughed.

“How did you find her by the way?” she then asked.

“Who? Sooyoung’s mom? She introduced us, you know, when you date someone—“

“No,” Shinhye laughed, he was still the same dork as when in high school “I mean Sooyoung. Someone beautiful and smart like her, how did you two started dating?” she asked curiously.

“We are talking about you, you know?” he then said.

“Ah~ but is been so long since we saw each other, we have 1 hour so we need to talk about each other’s life not just mine. Now, speak.” She then order him after take a glare down her watch and then crossing her arms lying back on her chair.

“Well,” Jungshin started, lying back as well “It’s a really short story,”

“It’s okay,” Shinhye smiled placing her chin on top her fits.

“We met at the streets, one random starry night, she hit me with her car and I fell in love with her as the paramedics attended my wounds. End.”

Shinhye stopped for one second before burst out laughing “She hit you with her car and you fell in love with her?”

“She looked really adorable with that drunken worried red face, and I guess I looked adorable while groaning in pain and bloody face,”

“Wow… that’s a really nice love story to tell your children in the future.” She said laughing once more.

“I guess it is.” Both laughed a few more minutes before thundering were heard interrupting them.

“Oh, is going to rain.” Shinhye said looking up at the sky.

“It is really dark, it seems like is going to rain real hard.” Jungshin then said.

“Yeah, I think we better get going, besides,” Shinhye stood up and looked down at her watch again “I don’t want to miss the flight.”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Do I serve you more Mr. Park?” Seohyun’s mother asked him after he emptied his plate for the 3rd time.

“Yes, please. This is so delicious,” he said to her before turning toward his assistant while pointing to his now emptied place too, he agreed.

“Can you serve me more too please? This is better than my mother’s cooking.” Mr. Park assistant stated making Mrs. Ahn laugh.

Mr. Park nodded as his assistant as he sipped on his juice waiting for his food.

“Dad, we better leave, is going to start raining.” Shinhye told her dad as she walked inside the house.

Mr. Park looked down as his clock looking a bit disappointed after his plate was served.

“Miss, why don’t you eat as well before leaving?” Mrs. Ahn offered her.

“No, I’m ok,” Shinhye said shaking her head “Dad, finish eating, I’ll wait in the car.” She excused herself.

“I’ll go with you Miss Park.” Her dad’s assistant said wiping the sides of his mouth and standing up from his sit.

“No, no, daughter. Thank you for the food Mrs. Ahn.” Mr. Park stood up from his sit buttoning his suit getting ready to leave.

“Dad, finish up.” Shinhye insisted, her father turned around and laughed.

“It’s okay, I’ve eat enough, I’m just being selfish now by wanting to eat more.”

Before he came out of the table someone knocked on the door.

“I’ll go open” Sooyoung said standing up and going to open.

“Ah~ it’s raining~” she said to herself after she came out, covering only her face with her hands, she went to open the gate.

“Good afternoon, Miss,” the police officer covered in his yellow raincoat greeted, Sooyoung who was now covering herself down the ceiling of the gate.

“Just to inform you, the rain has been falling real hard since almost 30 minutes, and the road to Seoul has been blocked with the water. Right now it will be impossible to leave, so it is better to stay home. We will inform you when the road is clear.”

Sooyoung thanked him and went back inside, just to inform back what she was told.

There was no other option but for Shinhye, her father and his assistant to stay there for the night.

“I already booked another plane ticket for this Friday Mr. Park” his assistant, after trying hard to find signal on his phone said.

Mr. Park nodded, he felt somehow bad with this, he knew, although Shinhye now knew that Yonghwa just didn’t belong to her, she was still in love with him. And now, they had to stay here in the same house as him and his, now, girlfriend.

He was the one who suggested leaving the country and starting again, he suggested signing the divorce before leaving, she agreed, but with aching heart maybe?

How would her daughter will be feeling now, her ex-husband with her new girlfriend, she with them here; that hurt more.

The house had only 4 rooms, and Shinhye had to stay with Seohyun and Sooyoung, to make it even more awkward.

“I can sleep on the floor!” Shinhye quickly said after Sooyoung and Seohyun, both took blankets out the closet and place it on the floor. They were going to sleep there.

“How can you sleep on the floor? You are the guest, sleep on the bed.” Sooyoung said after she fixed her blankets.

“No, because I’m the guest, I should sleep in the floor!” Shinhye once again said awkwardly standing at the opposite side of them.

“Well, in that case, we are all guests here, you, Seohyun and even me. You use the bed; we’ll sleep on the floor.” Sooyoung told her.

“But… Seohyun—mind not—“ She said between awkward pauses.

“I don’t mind at all!” Seohyun quickly replied, this time looking into her eyes “How can a pregnant woman sleep on the floor” she said “You need to be comfortable, so sleep on the bed, we don’t mind.”

Shinhye stopped for a second and stared at her. Seohyun was a person who couldn’t lie easily, you could see in her eyes her kindness and sincerity. She had done said bad things to her, and she still was kind towards her. Now she could really see why Yonghwa had fallen for her, it was her pretty face but her pretty heart what made him fall for her.

“Thank you.” Shinhye said above a whisper, Seohyun gave her a quick look and smiled before looking down at what she was doing.

Noticing how awkward they were, Sooyoung hit her pillow to get their attention “Well, see, Seohyun is fine with it. You sleep on the bed,” she smiled then placing her pillow down her blanket.

Shinhye slowly and awkwardly made her way toward the bed making way under the covers for her to lie down.

“Shinhye, don’t you want to change your clothes, take off your makeup?” Sooyoung told her before she headed to the bathroom.

“I’m okay, thank you.” Shinhye thanked with a smile and then went to bed.

 

 

The rainy night went by real quickly, before Shinhye could sleep deeply, they were woke up at the sound of the morning.

She had spent all night thinking, in between small sleeps, she just thought of how her life will be like now, she worried more than anything.

“You want some clothes Shinhye?” Sooyoung came out of the bathroom changed in new clothes and offered her who was still zone out in her thoughts. She reacted and shook her head.

“Okay, come down, breakfast is ready.” She told her with a smile before leaving the room.

Shinhye still sat in the bed, she sighed as she stared at nothing.

Seohyun came out of the bathroom after washing her face; she wiped it and secretly took a glance of Shinhye “Are you… okay?” she asked her no looking at her face anymore.

Shinhye looked up at her and sighed standing up the bed “Yeah.” She simply said.

Seohyun glanced at her once more before turning to the blankets she was folding; she thought maybe she shouldn’t have asked her. They were both in such awkward situation.

"I'm sorry..." Shinhye said breaking the silence between them two. Seohyun looked up at her surprised by her sudden apologize.

"What?"

Shinhye warmly smiled "Because of all the wrongs I once did to you, I'm sorry." she said.

One of the things she had thought so much at her sleep was that she should apologize to Seohyun; she had said and done bad things to her for what happened, but Seohyun had done nothing wrong, neither Yonghwa, for her to judge them that way.

Again, no one was there to blame for what had happened, neither her.

Destiny had just planned things differently of what Shinhye had in mind.

Just like a challenge, she fell in love with Yonghwa, she marry him even knowing he didn't felt same. She had two choices then, still together and try at least to make him feel even the half of all the love she felt for him, or set him free and make him do a life with someone who he really loves.

She chose the first option, the wrong one. Both of them suffered.

You don't chose who you fall in love with, it just happens.

She just happened to fall in love with Yonghwa, Yonghwa just happened to be in love with Seohyun. But the difference to her was Seohyun happened to fall in love with Yonghwa too.

That was what destiny had planned.

Now, she just felt wrong, because she couldn't realize of all that before.

"You know, after all what happened with my family, Ah! You might not know but my parents divorced,” she confessed her, Seohyun kept on staring at her, listening attentively to what she was telling her “He realized, well, my mom isn’t the nicest person out there, she is selfish and ambitious, she never really cared her family, my dad all along knew how she was but he never divorced because of me, the daughter that isn’t even her real daughter,” Shinhye scoffed.

Seohyun slowly let the blanket down on the floor and walked toward the edge of the bed, she sat on “You know, a father is not the begetter but the one that raises.” Shinhye looked up at her and smiled.

“I know… My dad is really amazing. To take care of a child who isn’t even yours, that’s amazing.”

“He is, and he raised an amazing daughter as well,” Shinhye stopped for a second and stared at her, she had done things wrong, she had done bad things so she didn’t thought of herself as an amazing person, Seohyun reached out for her hand, just like if she read inside her head, she smiled “You are amazing, you just made mistakes in your life like everyone else. But inside, an amazing person is waiting to come out.” She smiled once more, Shinhye blinked a few times before return the smile.

“You are really nice Seohyun,” she said “I swear that if we had met each other in other circumstances, we would be really good friends.”

“We can try to be them now.” Seohyun smiled once more. And before any of them could say another word, Sooyoung came looking for them to come down and have breakfast.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“The police officer said the road might be clear in 3 or 4 hours,” Jungshin came back inside and informed them all.

“Well, that’s good,” Mr. Park sighed after finish up his breakfast.

“Do you want me to change the plane tickets to this evening?” his assistant asked, Mr. Park turned to look at Shinhye for confirmation.

“I’m okay with everything Dad,” she smiled and turned to her father’s assistant, “You can leave it to Friday, it’s fine.”

Mr. Park nodded “Okay then, we’ll leave on Friday.”

“If you have done eating, why don’t you go take a walk for the park?”

“Yeah, go distract a little,” Seohyun’s mom suggested after her husband.

Mr. Park looked at her daughter again, she showed a little smile as she placed her fork down “Won’t you mind if I go take a walk alone?” she asked him.

“No, of course not,” After he said so, Shinhye excused herself and stood up leaving the house.

Seohyun stared at her until she was lost of her sight “Where did Yonghwa go by the way?” she then lifted her gaze at the mention of Yonghwa, he wasn’t there this morning.

“He went to take a walk,” Jungshin replied “He also went to buy I don’t know what, he didn’t told me.” He said before taking sit and starting to eat his breakfast.

Seohyun stood still for a few minutes before standing up too “I’ll go take a walk too and… I’ll look for Yonghwa,” she said with a small smile on her face then left the house as well.

She didn’t know why, but she felt uneasy. Maybe it was that she spend the night in the same house as her boyfriend and his ex wife. Maybe because she had to share the room with the ex wife; since well, she used to be the mattress. Maybe was the presence of the ex wife father? Or that she was pregnant? She didn’t know actually, but she was nervous and felt uneasy.

She walked a few streets when she spotted Yonghwa walking out the bank. She happily smiled at his sight and made her way toward him almost jumping at every step.

“Oh! What are you doing here?” Yonghwa asked her with a smile as soon as he looked her walking toward.

“I came to take a walk, and to look for you,” Seohyun said happily, she even held his arm and hugged it.

Yonghwa smiled as well and patted her head “You can’t stay away from me, don’t you?” he joked, but Seohyun nodded instead, she really couldn’t stay away from him.

Yonghwa chuckled and kissed the top of her head, then guided her to take sit outside the store next to the bank, she let go of his arm and looked down with pursed lips, Yonghwa pulled the plastic bag he had down on the floor and held both sides of her face to make her look at him.

He smiled at the sight of her pouting lips and gave her a peck on them “What’s bothering you?” he asked. Of course, she was so easy to read.

“Nothing,” she lied, but because of her still pouting lips and how she avoided his eyes, he knew she was lying.

He pecked her lips and asked once again “What’s bothering you?” it sounded more like an order than an asking. Seohyun sighed getting her face free from his hands; she played a few minutes with her hands before finally saying a word.

“I just…” she started, still, no looking at him “…I don’t know,”

Yonghwa chuckled again “You don’t know what’s bothering you?”

Seohyun lifted her gaze and sighed “Forget it…” she said before pouting and again look away.

“Aww… what? What~?” he cutely said holding her both sides of her face and pressed her cheeks.

“Nothing…” Seohyun said without looking at the laughing Yonghwa. He just thought she looked really adorable while he pressed her cheeks, her pouting lips and her chubby cheeks, he laughed at the thought that she looked like a squirrel.

“You look so cute;” he said out loud, Seohyun lifted her gaze but still didn’t show any reaction “What’s wrong? Tell me,” he asked again.

Seohyun started at the floor again and sighed “I’m…worried…” she said above a whisper. Yonghwa, although he hear her, lean his face closer to hers to hear her again.

“What did you say?”

“I’m worried.” She said, this time out loud and looking up at him, making their faces almost touch.

“Because of Shinhye?” he asked “Are you feeling uncomfortable with her here?” he surely could read inside her head, he really understands here.

Seohyun shyly looked down and nodded “I feel so bad for her, and worried, somehow, I felt uneasy. Since yesterday when they arrived, we didn’t exchange a single word more than the Goodnight. And then this morning you left the house, and then she did the same… I was just worried you… you changed your mind about the divorce, because you looked guilty after signing the divorce papers, I thought—“

Before Seohyun said another word, Yonghwa held her in his arms hugging her tight “Why are you thinking such thing? I didn’t changed my mind, I do wanted divorce her so I can be with you. So she and I could be happy. I was feeling sad, because of her. She is a nice person who made mistakes, she is suffering but it doesn’t deserve it. I’m just sad that I can’t be there to take care of her as the friend I always saw in her.”

Seohyun moved away and started at him for a few seconds before hug him once again “Do you think she will find someone who takes care and love her and her baby?”

“She will, I’m sure she will.”

Looking from afar the sweet scene; that someone.

 She stared as she caressed her belly; she let out a heavy sigh.

“What a lovely scene, right?”

Before Shinhye could even react; that someone had grabbed her from the back, securing the strong arm around her that she couldn’t even more her arms. Covering with that hand using a black leather glove, preventing her from screaming.

“You will help me out today,” that person whispered.

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Holy Mother Sulli, please give me strength to finish up this fic~ ><

Gaaaah~ haaaai guise~ I finally... OMG it took me 2 months to finish this chap?! D: /sigh

Good news, is that there's only 2 chaps left, and, my sister is on vacations

which means i'll have my mornings free :D(unlessigetcalledfromajob><)

ohmaigawd... Well, sorry for the long wait that you probably will have to wait again...

sorry that there's too much Shinhye, i know that myself lol

(i'vebeenwatchingtoomuchnovelashahaha)

I just wanted to wrap up things with her life before she leaves,

don't worries! I promise you, next chapter will be full of Yongseo, ;D

I swear on my chocokrispis <3

Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae~ I'm gonna try to write the last 2 chaps quickly.

 

i'm posting this without double checking so forgive my mistakes~

I hope to see you soon :)