제 14 회

Innocent Lovers

Shinhye kept walking down the streets, she had been walking for a while now, and she didn't even realize were she was now.

She kept thinking in what had happened last night, but she couldn't remember a thing and even the guy she was with, it was a familiar face but her head kept spinning around she just couldn't remember.

She was walking with her head down when she suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry..." she slowly said bowing her head but still with her gaze down on the floor.

"Shinhye?" her eyes widen and looked up at the man calling her name.

"M-Minhyuk..." she said nervous, Minhyuk smiled at her "W-what are you doing here?"

"I was on my way to your house. I was going to talk with Yonghwa a few days ago but then I suddenly had to travel to Tokyo. I just arrived." he explained before looking down at her "But where were you? Why are you wearing that dress? Where's Yonghwa?" he asked while looking at her.

"A-ah I... was at a... party....." she stutter.

"By your own? At this hour? Or you are just coming back?" he said asking his last question on a teasing tone.

"I'm... yeah..." she just said while brushing her hair back "...let's ...walk together... to my home"

Minhyuk nodded and walked behind her.

On their way, Shinhye hoped Yonghwa would be there. She might not remember what happened last night but she knew he was surely with Seohyun.

When they arrived, she sighed when she saw Yonghwa's car wasn't parked were it usually was. He might still be with Seohyun, she thought.

"He... maybe went to the studio" she said after she walked inside the house and toward the living room throwing her bag on the couch.

"Well... can I use your phone? I need to call someone" Minhyuk asked with a smile on his face. Shinhye nodded.

"Ah yeh... I will... go change... I will take a shower, you can... there is food on the chicken if you want to eat something."

"Yes, thank you~" Shinhye slightly smiled and walked toward her room.

Minhyuk walked toward the living room and took the phone dialing a number while smiling.

The phone rang and rang but no one answered. He sighed.

Yesterday had been Kyuhyun father's party, it scared him that Kyuhyun along with his dad could have done something to Seohyun, and since she didn't answered her cell phone; he was even more worried.

He tried to call a few more times but again there was no answer. He even called her house but as well, no one answered, not even the ahjumma.

 

 

 

"You must be tired" Yonghwa told Seohyun.

They were walking back to Yonghwa's studio, Seohyun still wearing her last night outfit, and they had walked for a while now. She was wearing high heels and telling by how she slowed her steps, he knew she was already tired.

Seohyun smiled and shook her head "I'm ok" she said.

"Want me to carry you?" he suggested, Seohyun's eyes widened at the suggestion.

"N-no... there's no need... I'm ok... really."

Yonghwa laughed at her shyness.

"So what we do? Want me to go buy you some comfortable clothes..."

"No no!" Seohyun quickly interrupted him "There's no need! You don't have to."

"There is need~" he said pouting cutely, he was showing his cuteness in front of Seohyun- It was the first time he had showed this side of him in front of someone, in front of a girl actually.

It was something new to Seohyun as well; no one had showed this kind of cuteness, any guy. She just giggled.

Yonghwa coughed shyly.

Seohyun smiled again before taking a deep breath "I should be heading home, actually..." Yonghwa turned to look at her, noticing her scared face.

"Want me to go with you?"

She smiled and shook her head looking up at him "No, its ok. I need to be on my own, what I will tell to my husband... I need to think" she took a deep sigh before looking away, she was scared of going home, her husband will be boiling in anger, she knew.

Looking back to what had happened at the party, now she was feeling regretful for letting Yonghwa drag her away. For telling him she wanted to leave with him.

At the moment she was glad, of course, he had saved her from being almost abused by her husband. But now, she was regretting. It will be worse now.

Yonghwa was feeling uneasy as he saw Seohyun leaving, he was concern about her "Shall I go with her? Follow her? Stay outside her house ready to run inside and save her from her husband?" many thoughts appeared on his head. He was mad at all this; he wanted to protect her from everyone... but he just couldn't do as he wanted.

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by his ringing phone "Hello?" he answered after taking a deep sighs.

"Yah Yonghwa, where are you?" Minhyuk asked at the other side of the line "I came back; want to have a cup of coffee with me? I need to tell you something."

Yonghwa sighed; he knew Minhyuk will tell him about his feelings for Seohyun. What will he do now? He will tell him how he feels as well? It was time for his best friend to know about his feelings.

"Ok. I'll wait for you at the coffee shop close to my studio."

Minhyuk agreed and they both hang out.

Yonghwa walked back to the coffee, still regretful about Seohyun.

 

 

"Minhyuk!!" Yonghwa called him when he walked inside the coffee shop; Minhyuk gave him a smiled before walking toward the table and sat across him.

"Yaa~ah~ you don't look good." he said tapping his shoulder. Yonghwa was still having that dark look in his face.

Yonghwa chuckled and shook his head "Well..." he sighed looking up at him, looking at him smiling and his sparkling eyes "What's with you?"

Minhyuk laughed, smiling even brighter "I'm in love Yonghwa." he said, Yonghwa faked a smile, he knew who he was in love with but still asked him.

"Is that so?"

Minhyuk nodded resting back on his chair "Remember during high school..." he started, Yonghwa sighed sipping on his cup of coffee waiting to hear Minhyuk "...I told you about this girl that I liked, but she just see me as a friend?" he looked up at Yonghwa to scan his expression, Yonghwa who was looking down at the moment realized he was looking at him and looked up slightly nodding his head.

Minhyuk realized the dark expression in Yonghwa's face "Are you feeling ok?" he asked before continue talking about his love.

"Minhyuk-ah..." Yonghwa looked at him serious "...I also... I also have someone I love."

Minhyuk laughed "What? Aaah~ so that is the reason of Shinhye feeling unwell."

"Shinhye? You saw her?" Minhyuk nodded.

"But what's up with you? You didn't know where she was?"

"I—"

"I was on your house this morning when I bumped with Shinhye on the streets, we walked back to your house and you weren't there. She said nothing but I could see she wasn't feeling well."

"I will divorce her— Minhyuk— I love Seohyun." Yonghwa blurted out, Minhyuk eyes widen in shock.

"Yonghwa..." he barely said before Yonghwa continued talking.

"I also have told you about the girl I loved, the girl I fell in love with when I didn't even know her name. After years I found her, I finally found her just to realize that you liked her as well... But what can I do? I've been in love with her for so long... I just can't forget her that easily."

Minhyuk clenched his fists under the table, he was mad, it was the first time he had felt mad toward Yonghwa.

They have been friends for so long, they had shared so many moments together, they supported each other. They each other secrets, they knew everything about each other... but he had never told him that he liked the same girl as him.

He lied to him; he hid it from him...

"How could you?! You're my best friend!" he yelled standing up of his sit.

"I know! And just because of that I'm telling you this."

Minhyuk held him by the collar "You can't do this!! You are married!!"

"You know I don't love her, I will divorce her!" Yonghwa said trying to push him away "I'm sorry Minhyuk..."

He let Yonghwa go sighing deeply "Is not my fault... When I fall in love with Seohyun... I didn't know she was the girl you loved as well. You never told me she was your friend. That day at the library, when she scold us" Minhyuk looked up at him "That day I fall in love with her, why hadn't you told me she was the friend you liked it?"

"Why you didn't tell me you loved her?! The day I introduced you to her?"

"Because—because you like her and you are my best friend... I didn't want to hurt you."

"Why telling me right now?! You are hurting me!"

"Minhyuk—"

"Enough... I—I don't want to talk with you anymore." he said before storm out the coffee shop.

Yonghwa sighed. It was the right thing to do? Telling Minhyuk? Anyway, it was done. It was done already and he couldn't go back on time.

"I'm sorry Minhyuk"

 

 

 

It was already late at night. Seohyun had arrived home a few hours ago, scared. But for her luck, Kyuhyun wasn't there, he left before she arrived.

According to what the ahjumma told her, it seemed like Kyuhyun had left the country again. She was relieved.

She ate ramen, before taking a bath and head to bed.

She was just about to close her puffy eyes to fall asleep when her phone rang.

민혁 오빠. It read.

"Hello?"

"Seohyun-ah, are you crying?" he could tell by her husky voice.

"No..." she sobbed "...what happened oppa?"

"Kyuhyun did something to you?" he kept asking her.

"He is not here..."

"Can you come down for a minute? I'm in front of your house."

Both hang out and Seohyun headed downstairs to the outside of the house, before open the big gate, she looked up at the security camera, she hesitated to open the gate. She was being monitored, always.

Kyuhyun didn't know she kept seeing her high school friend, Minhyuk. Every time she was going to go out she told Kyuhyun she was going to the library or to buy some stuffs or just to take a walk, but she never told him when she was going to meet Minhyuk.

If she ever tells him so, he could send someone to harm Minhyuk. For him, no man was allowed to even take a peak to Seohyun, to any of his girls.

If he ever realizes his wife has been hanging out with Minhyuk he will harm him, badly.

Seohyun took a deep breath before pulling out his phone "Minhyuk, I'll see you at the store down the street." she told him and made her way back inside the house and walked out for the back door.

Once she arrived to the store, she saw Minhyuk waiting for her sitting in the sidewalk with a plastic bag dripping a pink colored liquid, it was melted ice cream. She could see.

As she walked closer, Minhyuk realized of her presence and stood up smiling "Seohyun-ah."

She gave him a small smile "You waited so long?" she asked peaking down at the dripping bag.

"Ah this..." he looked down at it too and smiled "I brought you ice cream... but it melted as I waited." he pouted before looking up at her "How are you?"

"Yes?"

"Why were you crying early when I called you?"

Seohyun shook her head and gave him another smile "I'm ok." Minhyuk was about to ask something but she cut him off "You wanted to tell me something?"

He nodded and held her hand, her eyes widen feeling uncomfortable. Now, just talk with him over the phone felt really uncomfortable. He was her best friend, for so long, and he had just confessed her. She wasn't feeling the same way as him, how could they continue talking freely when she knew he wasn't seeing her like his best friend anymore?

"Have you thought about what I told you?" he began. Seohyun tried to move her hand from his grip and look away "You know it too?"

After a few seconds he asked her, she looked up to meet his eyes in wondering "About what?"

"I talked with Yonghwa a while ago..." she stared at him "...I told him I love you." he scanned her expression, she was somewhat shocked, he could tell she already knew that Yonghwa was I love with her too "And he told me he was in love with you." this time her shocked expression wasn't subtle at all "You knew right?"

"Minhyuk—"

"What do you feel for him?" he asked "You—you like him?"

Do I like him? She asked herself in her head. When she is with Yonghwa she feels protected, loved, everything around her becomes secure, she forgets about everything and everyone, she feels happy, and she wants to be with him… According to the books she read, this is how love feels.

So, does she really love him?

“Minhyuk-ah… I can’t be with you” he sighed “I don’t want you to be harmed by Kyuhyun.”

“So you want Yonghwa to be harmed by him?”

“No, I don’t want. I’m not dating him.”

“You like him?” she sighed looking away “You say you aren’t dating him, but, do you like him?” he asked again.

“I don’t know. I don’t know if I like him… What should I feel?”

She said looking up at him. And just then, Minhyuk held her head and his lips touched hers. Her eyes widen, she didn’t knew what to do or how react, so she just frozen.

It didn’t passed more that 10 seconds before he moved away. She stared at him speechless “What do you felt?”

“I—I—“ words couldn’t come out from , but she surely, she didn’t felt anything at the kiss.

She was looking down looking for the right words to tell him that she couldn’t return his feelings.

She slowly lifted her gaze to look at him, but her sight caught the man standing a few meters away from them. Her eyes widen at his presence, how long has he been there? Did he saw Minhyuk kissing her? She didn’t know why she was so worried about it.

“Yonghwa…” she whispered.

Minhyuk turned around and saw him standing there watching them.

“Sorry.” He said before turning around attempting to leave.

“Yonghwa!” Seohyun quickly walked toward him stopping him from leaving by holding his arm.

He turned around again “I don’t want to interrupt you two.” He said shoving her hand away but she just held him again.

“Yonghwa—you don’t… This is not what you think.”

Minhyuk stood there looking at them, he took a deep sigh “I guess you really like him” he whispered before throwing the plastic bag on the trash and walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Geez~ I need to be quick with this fic!

ideas are flying away and I need to finish it

before starting to click "Write New Story" button ><

Other ideas are flying around me TT.TT

I can do it! Ajja ajja~!

Fighting~!

 

 

 

 

 

 

*마음길*