제 16 회

Innocent Lovers
“Omma!”
 
“Yah! Shinhye, what’s wrong with you?! I have calling you since yesterday. What’s wrong that you don’t answer my calls?” her mother scolded her as soon as she walked inside the house.
 
Shinhye was surprised to see her here. Her mother wouldn’t usually come by without first calling her.
 
“I’m just…” Shinhye simply said before taking a deep breath. She looked pale, worried and tired, but instead of worrying her mother, she got scolded.
 
“Eeish~ look at you~ you look so ugly. Look at those dark circles jeez~” her mother said eyeing her from head to toes with a disapproval face. Shinhye moved her face away from her mother’s grip “You should look better Shinhye. Your anniversary party will be next week and you are looking this horrible.”
 
“Mom, who told you I was going to make an anniversary party?” Shinhye quickly contradicted her mother.
 
“I am organizing this party of course. Here.” Shinhye’s mother handed her some papers. She looked down at them before looking back at her mother.
 
“What is that?”
 
“Is the information about the party; I’m giving this just for you to be informed of how and what is going to be.” Her mother said before walking outside to the yard “I’m still not sure if we should make it here. Is big enough for 50 people?”
 
“50?!” Shinhye exclaimed. She opened the folder her mother gave her and looked through the guest list. The people invited were her parents’ friends and worker partners. There were no people she actually knew “Mom, you are not inviting 50 people”
 
“I’ll lower it to 30 then.”
 
“No! We are not making a party!” She yelled at her mother. She turned around kind of surprised.
 
“Why not? Is your 6th year anniversary, we need to celebrate.”
 
“We celebrate every year!” Shinhye said annoyed “We are not celebrating anything this year! We never celebrated anything!” she yelled once more before ripping all the papers.
 
“Shinhye! What’s wrong with you?!” her mother tried to stop her but Shinhye pushed her away.
 
“When have you ever listened to me mom?” Shinhye cried.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“Mom, Yonghwa and I are getting divorce! I am getting divorced!!”
 
“What’s that nonsense? Are you out of your mind?! Why would you? Why?! You are not getting divorce, what will the society think?!”
 
“What the hell does it cares about what the society will think?!! Mom!! This marriage isn’t good! It has never been! If you could only listen to me like a mother should, you would know!”
 
“What are you talking about?” her mother scoffed “What isn’t good about this marriage uh?”
 
“He wants the divorce, and I will give it to him—I’m tired of this already.”
 
“Don’t do that! Don’t do such thing! Why would you divorce him? Did he cheat on you? Is that so? Don’t worry, he will forget about that. You'll forgive him. All men do that sometime in their lives. Your father did, and instead of divorce I just give him time to have his fun and then he will comeback and everything was fine again. No need to damage public image.”
 
Shinhye looked at her mother, how she could say such thing! And overall, she had just exposed her father! She always thought of him as a nice, caring, honest person. He was everything to her. And now after she told her this, how will she look at her dad again?
 
“Mom!! How can you say that?!! ”
 
“Ok, just pretend you don’t know and continue with your marriage. I’ll see you next week.” her mother wiped Shinhye's tears away and said before walking away “Don’t cry, you better look good for the party, don't embarrass us.”
 
“Mom!” Shinhye called her but her mother was already entering her car.
 
“Goodbye sweetheart!”
 
She wiped her tears and walked back inside, she took the phone and dialed a number “Dad?” she said between sobs “Ah! You are busy? No, it's ok. I’ll call you later.” She ended the call before broke in tears again.
 
She must look like the rich girl who has everything, but all she had and what she trusted in was her dad, and now after what her mother had told her. She felt so heartbroken.
 
She hasn’t never have been actually happy.
 
Both her parents were rich, they had everything. Shinhye had been popular since school because of this, so she never had a truly best friend or boyfriend.
 
Even though both her parents were always busy, between the two, her father was the one who listened to her the most. Even for just a few minutes between his busy schedules.
 
Her mother on the other hand was always absent and never really listened to her. When Shinhye was sad, her mom would just buy her something expensive and with that everything was fixed; according to her mom point of view.
 
But for Shinhye, she would just have another empty spot to fill.
 
The fact that she ‘obligated’ Yonghwa to stay by her side was that she was lonely and sad. She just wanted for once be happy. And she was happy with Yonghwa.
 
It just seemed like everything in her life always went wrong. It wasn’t strange to have the thought of commit suicide.
 
She had nothing to hold onto to keep alive; she seemed to not care to her parents, her husband was never a husband but a stranger to her. And she had no best friend to lean on.
 
Everything was so miserable.
 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Waaah~~ that was so fun!” an excited Seohyun said after coming out of the roller coaster. She was clapping and fixing her messed hair, still smiling.
 
She then laughed when she turned to look at Yonghwa who seemed to have lost his soul, he was holding onto the railing.
 
“Are you ok?” she laughed once more and went to check on him, he was pale and looked as if he will throw up in any minute.
 
Seohyun was laughing instead of being worried, since he was the one who suggested this game. She denied then as she is scared of this kind of games, but he made himself a strong guy “I will protect you.”
 
Half of the game, the one protecting was her, as he hold her hand tight and shut his eyes leaning onto her shoulder. It was just so funny.
 
“Yeah… yeah… I’m ok.” He said once he moved away the rail. He was looking down with a both hands on his hips and was taking deep breaths.
 
Seohyun laughed once more and walked toward him “You said this was really fun, and that you will protect me. What is this now?” she said almost whining.
 
Yonghwa stood properly and acted cool again, he smiled at her cute expression.
 
“Sorry. Because we ate before coming here, it wasn’t that I was scared.” he denied and Seohyun just laughed. 
 
He was really scared, she could notice it. So she just laughed at him.
 
“Ok, then, you want to go sit and rest until your fear goes away?” she playfully told him as she started to walk away.
 
“I am not scared! I was not scared!” he yelled at her after she walked away, he followed her from behind “I wasn’t scared at all!”
 

 

 

“Ok. Let’s eat~” Yonghwa said as he and Seohyun sat down on a bench.
 
“What should we eat?” she asked as she looked around trying to find the food booth.
 
As she heard no response from Yonghwa, she turned around to see him; he was pulling out a few containers from his backpack.
 
“What is that?” she curiously asked, Yonghwa didn’t replied but just smiled and opened one, he carefully took off the foil and smiled when Seohyun gasped “Wah goguma~” she exclaimed.
 
He blow the sweet potato before handing to her “This is what we are eating.”
 
“Thanks. How did you know I like sweet potatoes? Is like you know everything about me.” She shyly said as she took a bite.
 
Yonghwa sighed and took a bite of his sweet potato as well. He thought it was time to tell Seohyun he had followed her around in the past. And that’s why he knows so much about her.
 
He just hoped she didn’t thought of him as a creepy stalker, which he could pretty much be considered as one.
 
“I… have something to confess.” Seohyun looked at him confused as she chews her sweet potato.
 
He wanted to scan her reaction before he starts to tell her, but there was no reaction on her face as she was just clearly enjoying her sweet potato.
 
“I’m sorry, I think you need to know this, but don’t think of me as a creep or anything.”
 
Seohyun cleaned the sides of her lips with a napkin and looked at him “What is wrong?”
 
Yonghwa took a deep breath before start talking “You know that I had fallen in love with you the day I saw you at the library?” she nodded “And all those drawing I’ve made of you, it weren’t made by just the two times you thought I saw you.” Seohyun just looked at him more confused; she couldn’t understand what he was trying to say.
 
“The baby’s breath, you asked how I knew it was your favorite?”
 
“What are you trying to say?” she anxiously asked.
 
Yonghwa took another deep breath before begin talking “After I saw you at the library, I fall in love with you, and decide I wanted to marry you.” Seohyun’s eyes widen at his confession “I didn’t know who you were, but I had fallen so hard for you. I had to see you again, to ask your name, and to ask you to date with me.” Seohyun gulped before looking down.
 
“For the next months, I waited at the library, just for you to arrive. Just to see you. I used to see you from afar when you were sitting on that bench outside and ate sweet potatoes, and wrote on your small diary. Because of you, I regained my love for painting; I got better on my grades as I read those books you used to read. I got to know such genre as Self-improvement existed.” He let out a smile laugh.
 
“I changed for good because of you, I guess I was obsessed with you, I wanted to get to know you so badly, but for some reason I chickened out and couldn’t ask you directly your name.”
 
“So…”
 
Before she could say something else, Yonghwa continued “It wasn’t just until I saw you with your husband that I finally, after years, I got to know your name.”
 
Seohyun finally lifted up her gaze to look at him “Do you liked me that much?”
 
Yonghwa let out a chuckle in ease “I did. I do, actually.” He said holding her hand onto his.
 
“I’ve found you again in such situation, I feel sorry for it. But I just hope, we could stay together through all this. Whatever the destiny had prepared for us, no matter how hard it is, I hope we can always stay together. I will always hold your hand.”
 
He said looking deeply into her eyes, he seriously mean it. He loved her, he wanted to protect her from everything, and he wanted to be with her.
 
Although it was hard, as the situation she was living under, he will always stay with her.
 
Destiny had brought them together once more, after 7 years, they had found each other again he just couldn’t ignore that. Destiny had something prepared for them and it will be hard, he knew.
 
But no matter what, he would help her to go through everything; they will go through everything so they can have a happy ending.
 
They will hold hands until the very end.
 
It was already written on their destiny that they will be together.

 

 

 

Still, Seohyun wasn’t on ease. ‘What should we do now?’ she would ask this question herself every day.
 
There was Minhyuk, Yonghwa’s wife, his husband. The things had happened so quickly, she was still married with that man, but she was falling in love with Yonghwa, or actually, she had fallen in love with him. But he as well, was still married.
 
Shinhye wasn’t much a worry, they’ll divorce and done. It will be that easy. At difference of Kyuhyun, he could kill both of them in one second.
 
Even if they run away, he will find them and kill them right there.
 
“When he comes back, and if he tried to hurt you, call me right away. I will protect you.” he had told her multiple times before as he gripped her hand tightly, it was then when she felt the safest.

 

 

 

"Mrs. Cho, here are the suitcase you asked for."
 
"Thank you ahjumma." Seohyun thanked the maid with a smile before she left the room.
 
It has been a week since Kyuhyun had left the country and he will come anytime soon. She had to pack her bags soon before he arrives, as he said, they will leave as soon as he arrives.
 
She felt somehow happy, she will finally go see her parents, but in order to do so, she had to finally give herself to her husband. She was really scared.
 
And overall, she hadn’t told Yonghwa she will be leaving the country to see her parents and what she had to do afterwards.
 
They just had a date last night, but when she is with him, she forgets about everything else.
 
He yet doesn’t know about her parents’ abouts.
 
She had told him that she will answer whatever question she had for her, but Yonghwa would never asked; he said he want to built new memories with her instead of asking about the past.
 
She was glad with that; he was really comprehensive and caring with her. She just fall more in love with him every day.
 
“You need to tell him Seohyun. You can’t just leave like that without letting him know.” She talked to herself as she walked back and forth the room tapping her phone on her palm.
 
She sighed once more before finally deciding to call him.

 

 

“I’m not feeling well.” Shinhye complained again as she rested next to the toilet. She had woke up again this morning feeling nauseous.
 
“Oh Shinhye~ you can't do this! The guests will arrive soon and you look this horrendous. Aish you ugly woman, how can you be acting like this? Looking so bad. This is the reason why you husband is going around sleeping with someone else!” Shinhye’s mom scolded her again as usual.
 
Shinhye not feeling strong enough to argue back just sat there silently crying.
 
“This won’t do. Get up right now! Get up!” her mother put her fancy bag away and held her daughter’s arm obligating her to stand up “Shinhye get up!!”
 
“Mrs. Park!” Yonghwa called out as he walked inside the room. He had heard everything, and he just couldn’t stay still doing nothing.
 
He walked closer to them, Mrs. Park let her daughter’s arm go and took her bag again fixing her own clothes “I don’t think is very nice of a mother to be treating her daughter like that when is obvious she isn’t felling well.” He blurt out.
 
Mrs. Park let out a nervous laugh “But still… the guest.”
 
“I think you should be caring for your daughter’s health instead of this stupid party that neither of us wanted to begin with.”
 
“Jung Yonghwa! How can you talk to your mother-in-law like that?!!”
 
“Worry about how you treat your own daughter first before asking for respect.”
 
Mrs. Park scoffed “You better come out!” she told Shinhye before turning around and walk out the room.
 
“Are you ok?” Yonghwa asked kneeling down next to Shinhye.
 
“You shouldn't have done that. Why you did that?” Shinhye said wiping her tears away.
 
“Does your mom always treat you like this? Why you didn’t tell me?” he worriedly asked.
 
He might not love her, but he cared about her. She was his friend, always, she has always been her friend in his eyes and he didn’t know she received such treatment from her own mother.
 
Shinhye has been living luxurious since the day she was born; her parents seemed to be really caring with her. It was really shocking to hear how her mother yelled at her.
 
“It’s ok.” She just said trying to stand up, she was still feeling weak, so Yonghwa helped her stand up.
 
”Do you really feel ok? Do you want me to cancel the party? Go to the hospital.”
 
“It’s ok. I’m ok.” She said once more “Could you please, go buy some medicine for me, I think I have upset stomach. Please.”
 
“Yeah, I will. Don’t worry.” He confirmed as he helped her to lie down on the bed before left the house.
 
Shinhye rolled aside and held her stomach, she suspected what she was having and she was scared.
 
It wasn’t that she planned it, but it happen, it just happened.
 
But now, how to use this to hold Yonghwa back?
 
She was really scared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Wii~~ update!! Yay!!
I was going to update tomorrow but I just love.you.all -heart-
Sorry if is short tho ^^
 
I'll be updating from now on again.
I'm 100% sure I will finish this before writing any other fic,
I have my sister looking for me, she will slap me everytime I attempt to write a new story! lol
but no, she really does that!! -_-
 
So yeah, gonna finish this!
I suddenly feel inspired once more so~ you might see another update during the week :)
 
I hope you enjoyed this one, and thank you so much
my subscribers and for the upvotes TTvTT
Eeei~ I don't think I deserve it tho I'm not a good writter and this isn't an awesome fic,
it is lacking so many ways...
but thanks anyways, seriously, to all of you thank you so much <3<3
I will try my best <3<3
 
Fighting! Fighting!
 
 
Lin~