제 20 회

Innocent Lovers

“Yes, thank you so much aunt”

Seohyun and Yonghwa heard Jungshin say outside.

“Don’t worry; it was just the ahjumma next door. She’s been like a real aunt to me. She came to say hi.” Jungshin explained after walking back inside the house.

“See, Seohyun, you don’t need to be scared. You’ll be okay now.” Yonghwa said trying to calm her down.

“No… like Jungshin said… he’ll find me!” she said with shaking voice.

Yonghwa hugged her and glared at Jungshin, after all, Seohyun being suddenly like this was his fault.

“Don’t worry Seohyun. I’ll make your phone disappear, so you can feel safe.” Jungshin stated walking toward her purse and taking out her phone.

“Calm down ok?” Yonghwa said again her arm “By the way,” he then suddenly spoke again “Seohyun, how does your mom looks like?” he asked making Seohyun part from his arms.

“My mom?” she asked confused “Why do you want to know?”

“Tell me how does she looks like.” He said while looking around trying to find something “Yah, a pen, pencil, and notebook.” He asked Jungshin who quickly stood up to find what he was asked at the kitchen.

“Why do you want to know?” Seohyun asked again.

“Please tell me, is important.” He said, already prepared to draw something down.

“Well,” she started “She has big eyes, with this warm look. Long lashes and chubby pink cheeks,” Seohyun started to explain in the loveliest way as she remembers each and every features of her mother.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa listening to it carefully, he draw it down.

He had seen her mother years back outside the school, but he couldn’t clearly remember her. There were so many women out there, who looked alike, maybe he was just confusing her mother.

After a few minutes, he furrowed his brows as he looked down at his portrait. It was the same woman, just chubbier and healthy.

“What happen?” Seohyun asked confused once again. She moved slowly toward him to see the portrait “My mom.” She said with a bright smile on her face.

“Is this your mom?” he looked up and asked.

“Yeah, you draw her exactly as she looks. Or used to look.” She said a little depressed this time. It has been years since the last time she saw her, the way she remember her now was how she last saw her years ago.

She may be now skinnier or maybe had gained some weight, or dyed her hair light brown as she had said she wanted. Maybe she had really let her hair grow long.

The way she remember her and how she described her, was the way she remember her.

Little did she know, the badly way her mother was actually living like.

“Seohyun, your husband lied to you.” He finally said.

“What?!” Jungshin exclaimed, instead of Seohyun, “She is married?!”

“What do you mean he lied?”

“He lied to you about your parents being in another country.” Yonghwa said replying to Seohyun’s question.

“Yah! Don’t ignore me!” Jungshin cried out slapping Yonghwa’s shoulder.

“Yah, you, go get rid of her phone, will you?” Jungshin frowned standing up from the couch and walked out “I get it, I get!” he said one last time.

“H-how?” Seohyun more and more confused just stared at nowhere “What do you mean?!”

“This woman you just described, I saw her a few days ago. She was looking for her daughter; she had your address on a paper. She is looking for you. She is in Korea.” He told her, Seohyun was just looking at him trying process what Yonghwa had told her.

“M-my parents… are in Korea??” she stutter, a tear rolling down her cheek “My parents are in Korea...” she said one more time while a smile appeared on her face.

Yonghwa, not wanting to tell her everything, just stood still watching her cry in happiness. He won’t want to make her worrier than she was already right now.

A few minutes later in silence, Jungshin rushed inside out of breath “Yah! Perhaps, her husband’s bodyguards are tall tanned chunky dudes in black?” he asked, both Yonghwa and Seohyun looked up confused before he continued “They are looking for you downtown”

Seohyun’s little happy moment ended then “W-what?!” she stutter scared once again.

“It’s ok, Seohyun, don’t worry” Yonghwa said trying to calm her down “Forget about that and just think in your parents, ok?” Seohyun looked up at him calmer than before.

“Jungshin, you don’t have someone your close with in Seoul right now?” Yonghwa asked him.

“I do, Sooyoungie, why?”

“Call her, we need her help.”

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“I understand, yes. I’ll call you later, yeah~ love you~” the tall girl say with aegyo as she hang up her boyfriend’s call, Jungshin.

She was around Seohyun’s house, so she quickly started helping after Jungshin’s call.

She walked around the store she was told to as she tapped her phone on her hand.

“Ah, is really cold tonight, why do they make me wait here?” she complained “I don’t even know this girl; I don’t even know Yonghwa personally. Aish~ if it wasn’t because Jungshinie asked me to…” as she walked back and forth paying attention to every middle age woman that passed by she eventually got bored and walked inside the store making her own plan to find this women.

“Excuse me, good evening~” she greeted the cashier “Perhaps, have you seen this woman?” she asked showing on her phone the drawing Jungshin had send her.

The cashier furrowed her brows as she started to think “I think I’ve been…” she said still unsure.

“Kim YoungAl, you don’t know her?” Sooyoung then asked. Jungshin had sent her the name of Seohyun’s mother.

“I don’t think so.” The cashier shook her head “But this woman in the drawing looks like an old woman that has been coming here to work at nights.”

“Really?”

“Yes, EunChae was her name, Ahn EunChae I think she say it was her name.”

“Ahn EunChae?” Sooyoung repeated confused “Then, you don’t know if she’ll be coming tonight?”

“She arrives around 9:40.” The cashier informed her as she looked at clock on the wall.

“Ok, I’ll be waiting outside, if she comes, please inform me.” Sooyoung asked before heading out and call her boyfriend again.

It is possible two women could look alike, so maybe the cashier confused the woman on the drawing to the woman that works there.

After a few minutes waiting and after the call, she was still waiting. It was already 10pm.

According Seohyun, she does not know anyone named Ahn EunChae, but the surname is the same as hers and Eun was the first name of her deceased sister as well as Chae from her deceased grandmother.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but still, Sooyoung waited for the woman.

“Ahh I’m so sleepy already…” Sooyoung complained once again after drinking her coffee. She closed her eyes for a second and didn’t notice the woman that arrived to the store.

Just when she opened them again to drink her coffee the cashier called her over. She stood up and rushed inside.

“This woman seems to be looking for you.” The cashier told the woman who looked scared.

“M-me? W-why?” she stutter gripping her shawl tighter.

“May I have a talk with you ma'am?” Sooyoung asked nicely, the woman looked at the cashier and attempted to run away when Sooyoung held her arm to stopped her “Wait, ma'am,you don’t have to be scared, I am not a bad person. My name is Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung, I’m a lawyer. I just need to ask you something. Please.” She introduced herself trying to earn her trust.

The woman looked at her and slowly nodded her head. Sooyoung smiled leading her toward the inside and to sit.

“Thank you, but you don’t have to be scared, I won’t hurt you.” Sooyoung said once again just to try to calm her down, as she was obviously still scared.

“Do you want some coffee?” she offered after staring down at her, her torn and old clothes, Sooyoung was worried she might get sick.

“I’m fine.” The woman whispered still avoiding her eyes.

Sooyoung smiled holding her hand, the woman gasped scared and finally caught her eyes “It’s ok. I’ll bring you a coffee.” She said with a smile on her face.

Bringing bread and a cup of coffee, Sooyoung sat down in front of her again “Please eat.”

The woman didn’t hesitate any second and took the bread starting to eat; she obviously hadn’t eaten in days.

“Ma’am may I know your name?” Sooyoung asked after the woman had almost finished half of the bread.

The woman stopped and looked away wiping her lips with a napkin “I… Ahn EunChae…” she said avoiding her eyes.

“Are you sure? You hesitated.”

“I’m sure… Ahn EunChae.”

“Mrs. Ahn, a friend of mine told me you were looking for your daughter, is that true?” Sooyoung not being 100% secure this woman was the same Yonghwa had seen before, as a lawyer she is, she knows how to make this scared woman talk.

“M-my daughter?” the woman looked up with bright eyes.

“So you are really looking for her.” Sooyoung smiled.

“…n-no… I am not.” She then looked down again.

“The name Ahn Seohyun isn’t familiar?” Sooyoung asked once again looking directly at her waiting for her reaction.

The woman stopped for a second and lifted he gaze once again “Seohyun…?” she whispered.

“Mrs. Kim YoungAl, right?” she then suddenly asked.

The woman eyes widen and fear was made clear “W-what?”

“You are Mrs. Kim YoungAl don’t you? Why are you hiding under the name of Ahn EunChae? What are you scared of?” Sooyoung questioned her making the woman more nervous each time.

“N-no… I am not… I’m A-Ahn…” she stutter in total fear. Sooyoung wanted to know what she was so scared of; Jungshin hadn’t told her anymore information so she did knew who was this woman exactly, she didn’t knew nothing about her. But it totally break her heart to see her so fragile and scared.

“It’s ok Mrs. Kim, you don’t have to be scared.” Sooyoung comforted her as she held her hand “I won’t hurt you, I just want to help. I’ll take you with your daughter.” She smiled.

“W-what? S-Seohyunie?” the woman stutter once more looking straight into Sooyoung’s eyes, she was still in fear, but she could see her happiness in her eyes at the thought of see her daughter once again.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 
 
 
“Here we are.” Sooyoung said as she removed her seatbelt.

The woman looked outside the window to the house, and the surroundings as well, even though Sooyoung looked nice, she was still scared this might be a trap.

“Let’s go.” Sooyoung say with a smile zoning her out of her thoughts.

After a few more minutes talking, she had finally made the woman trust in her, so she could come with her to Wonju.

On their way here, she had tried to make her talk, so she could tell her the reason why she was so scared of. Of whom she was so scared of. But there was no hope, she won’t just talk.

She stayed quiet the whole ride and would just answer “I’ll tell you after I see my daughter.” All this without have looked into her eyes not even once.

“Oppa, is me~” Sooyoung say in a cute tone at the intercom.

“Please come on in.” she smiled leading the way inside the house after Jungshin opened gate.

The woman gave small steps still staring at the surroundings, nervous.

“Oppa, Mrs. Kim is here.” Sooyoung said with a smile as soon as she walked inside the house.

At the back, an excited Seohyun stood behind Yonghwa. And she couldn’t contain her tears as soon as she saw her mother cross the door.

“Mom!” she cried out rushing toward her, wrapping her arms around her tightly “Mommy!!”

“Aigoo my daughter, don’t cry don’t cry~!” her mother said comforting her and slightly slapping her back, she tried to make herself strong and not break in tears as Seohyun did, but seeing her daughter after years, she couldn’t stop the tears.

“Mommy, I’ve missed you so much, I’ve needed you so much all these years…” Seohyun sobbed still not letting go of her mom.

“I’m here now ok? I’m here,”

“Seohyun, let your mom come inside and sit so you can both talk.” Yonghwa said.

Seohyun finally parted away looking her mother face, and just looking at her pale and skinny face, more tears would flow out “Mom…”

“It’s ok, it’s ok” her mother said wiping her daughter’s tears.

Both walked inside the house toward the couch.

“Ma’am, do you want to drink something?” Jungshin offered.

“No, no, I’m ok.” But she denied.

“You need to eat something” Sooyoung said “We will make something for you to eat. You can talk with your daughter meanwhile.” She then made her way toward the kitchen with Jungshin before Seohyun’s mother could say something.

“I’m going to.” Yonghwa said as well following Jungshin and Sooyoung to the kitchen.

“Mom… look at your face…” Seohyun spoke as soon as they were alone. She was still crying.

“I’m fine.” Her mother weakly smiled.

“You’re so skinny and pale… what happened to you? Why are you like this? Your clothes…” she couldn’t stop crying. Just by looking at her mother, she could tell she hadn’t lived a good life the past years, and that hurt.

“I’m fine, but how are you my daughter?” trying to change the topic and to make Seohyun’s stop crying, her mother smiled once again looking into her eyes and her hair.

“Mom, please tell me honestly how have you and my dad been living all these years uh? Please.” She pleaded.

“I want to see you smiling Seohyun; I don’t want you to worry.”

“Then tell me, so I won’t worry. I’ll tell you everything as well, please.” Seohyun pleaded once again gripping her mother’s hand tightly.

Both spend hours talking and crying and comforting each other.

They both had suffered so much all these years, and neither knew.

Seohyun’s parents were threatened by Kyuhyun years ago, after had locked Seohyun inside the house and made her stop seeing her parents, he send someone to completely destroy their house.

He ordered them to leave, to stop seeing Seohyun otherwise he’ll kill her.

They, heartbroken, did what they were told; they didn't want anything bad happening to their daughter. So they left.

They were left with nothing, they wandered around for a few days, before Seohyun’s father found a job as a carrier, it was a heartbreaking scene for her mother to see. After the beaten he received from Kyuhyun’s dad, his health wasn't the same anymore.

With a back and knee pain, bearing the physical and emotional pain every day, he worked harder so he could give her wife a decent place to sleep.

They tried to look for her daughter a couple of times, but when Kyuhyun realized he would go and threat them once again.

After had suffering so much, they could finally buy a small house. It was old and cold, but that was enough for the old couple who had lived on the streets for years. They even stopped trying to look for her daughter; they were scared of what could happen.

Because of the fear, they even used fake names at work and around their house.

A few months ago, Seohyun’s father had gotten sick, so her mom had to work so she could buy his medicines. Casually, while looking for the prescription, she found the paper with her daughter’s address. She then, tried to look for her, maybe not talk with her, but at least see her in distance.

They both missed her so much.

Seohyun on the other side, told her mother about Kyuhyun’s abuses, how hurt and sad she was, and how much she missed them both. Also, how happy she felt with Yonghwa.

And how much she prays for her life to get better and she could live happily again with them, and now, Yonghwa as well.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Honey, are you going out?” Mr. Park asked her daughter after she walked down the stairs with her bag.

Shinhye smiled at him and nodded “Yes, I need to go the gynecologist; I’m almost one month pregnant, I need to do a check up.”

Mr. Park smiled wiping the sides of his mouth “Oh wait, I’ll go with you.”

“No, no dad, it's ok, is just a quick check up, nothing important.” Shinhye told him “Finish eating, you need to go work. You’ll go with me once we can finally do an ultrasound to see the baby.” She affirmed him with a smile before finally leaving the house.

It has been days since the last time she saw Yonghwa, she couldn’t say she was actually better now, she was still sad, hurt, scared. But she knew this was the best for both.

Her parents were on divorce plans; she hadn’t seen her mother neither since that last fight. She didn’t know where Yonghwa was so they hadn’t began with the divorce plans as well. But she surely knew he was with Seohyun.

 

 

“Can’t you do a damn thing right?!”

Shinhye thoughts were interrupted by the loud yells, she stopped her walk and looked around to find where it came.

As she looked around, she spot the person yelling and stared at him.

She narrowed her eyes to try to look at him better, he seemed familiar “Seohyun’s—“ she suddenly stopped talking as a blurred memory  appeared in her head.

“Just let them be”

“I apologize for my husband”

“Let’s just drink this and forget about those damn cheaters…”

Her eyes then widened realizing of what had happened that night 1 month ago “Seohyun’s husband…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update!

Guiseee~~~ Drama is my bestfriend!! Is drama your best--ok I guess not lol

I will try to finish this fic in less than 5 chaps :) I'm gonna make chapters looonger :D 

I have the need of write a new fic >v< -insert sister's slap here-

So, just bear with me and my love to drama and cliffhangers and sad endings for a while bwahahahah

Okay, bye~~ ^^V