제 18 회

Innocent Lovers

“Mrs. Cho, are you ok?” the maid asked Seohyun after a while.

She was walking back and forth in the living room while tapping her phone on her hand. She had tried calling Yonghwa once again and he didn’t answer. The same message kept appearing.

“It has been 3 days…” she whispered.

“3 days?” the maid asked confused.

“What if Kyuhyun did something to him?” Seohyun worriedly asked to the confused ahjumma.

“To who?”

“To Yonghwa! What if Kyuhyun did something to him?!”

“Ah~ you mean your boyfriend?” the ahjumma smiled “Why don’t you go to his house?”

“No, her wife might—“ Seohyun suddenly stopped talking.

“He is married?” the ahjumma eyes widen; she didn’t know the man Seohyun was seeing was a married man.

The ahjumma have never said anything to her about the wrongs of this; she knew how much Seohyun suffered with Kyuhyun, how bad he treated her. She saw how happy she was now that he was with Yonghwa. So she would just smile while seeing her happy, she didn’t thought this was something wrong.

But now that she knows he is a married man, she was having her doubts.

“I can’t go see his wife and ask about him…” Seohyun whispered with her head lowered.

“Mrs. Cho, I’m sorry to have to say this but, now that I know, I think is wrong of a married woman to be having an affair with another married man. Think about his wife.”

Seohyun lifted her gaze to see the ahjumma “We aren’t having an affair—we—we love each other.” She confessed.

She actually, never thought of this as cheating, this wasn’t an affair. It wasn’t something she would just want to have for a few months and then stop. She wanted to be with him forever, she loved him.

Yeah, it was a difficult situation, both of them married still, but for them, this wasn’t an affair but a real relationship that both wanted to go through until the very end.

Until, how people say, the love wins.

“No, no, this is—this is wrong.” The ahjumma disapproved while she took out a group of keys from her apron, Seohyun’s eyes widen and she quickly rushed to stop her from finding the right key.

“No please, ahjumma, don’t do this, please.” She begged.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Cho, but you shouldn’t do this.” The woman said as she tried to get free from Seohyun’s grip.

“You weren’t against it before, why would you now? I’m not doing nothing wrong—you know how much he hurts me, can’t I be happy for once, please?!” Seohyun cried out still gripping tight her wrist.

This woman working here wasn’t a friend of her, neither a person she knows. She was a special maid trained to work with the Cho Family.

She was told to cook and clean, but she had another special job, she was told to inform Seohyun’s whereabouts during the day, she would leave the back door always locked, and the front door as well, all day long, every day.

The security cameras will always be on; the only one at the back door was being controlled by the woman.

Every time Seohyun was going to leave, she needed to tell the woman so she can open the front gate and could give her a copy of the keys. And after she comes back, she will hand them back not after being checked all over to see if she hadn’t took a copy of the key which she would later try to run away with.

It seemed as if she wasn’t in her own house.

She was a prisoner in her own home.

If she could call this a home.

After a while, this woman seemed to have touched her heart, she had turned off the back door camera and she let the lock open for Seohyun to leave whenever she wanted to rest from this hell.

She had even encouraged Seohyun to date someone else, just to feel loved and not feel really deep his husband’s abuses.

Now that she was really dating someone else, she seemed happy about it; she had even covered her a few times.

Now, she suddenly changed her mind. It was ridiculous, she wanted Seohyun to be feeling loved, and now that she was, she suddenly wanted to imprisoned her inside her house again.

But the mistake was only hers, for mentioning that little detail.

“Please ahjumma, don’t do this~”`Seohyun begged once more.

The woman shook her head after finally released from her grip “I’m really sorry Mrs. But, no matter how much I think, there’s a third person involved, this man’s wife. She did nothing wrong for some other girl to take away his husband like that”

“But they don’t love eachother!” Seohyun tried again as she followed the maid to the back door.

“How do you know his wife doesn’t love him?” she replied.

Seohyun stopped for a second. Yes, Shinhye did love Yonghwa, and she must be hurt at all this.

“I understand.” Seohyun gave up “But, ahjumma, can I please, for the last time, go check if he is ok?” she begged for the last time.

 

 

 

 

Seohyun had arrived to Yonghwa’s studio; she hoped he will be there.

The front gate was locked.

She let out a deep sigh, he surely wasn’t there.

“What should I do?” she asked herself while attempting to call him once more.

She sighed once more before turning around and deciding to go to his house, he wasn’t answering her calls. She had to go and check if he was fine.

Just when she was about to walk off, her sight caught a smiling girl holding Minhyuk’s arm, he was smiling as well. But his smile didn’t last longer when he saw her too.

The girl, who was laughing, put on a serious face but kept holding Minhyuk’s arm.

“Minhyuk-ah!” Seohyun called him but he just held the girl's hand and walked away “Minhyuk!” she yelled his name after crossing the road to get to him.

“Kang Minhyuk!” she said once more and this time held his arm.

He turned around annoyed “What?!”

Seohyun’s eyes widen, he had yelled at her, it was the first time he had yelled at her with such anger “I’m sorry…” she could only say and slowly released his arm.

“For what? For lying? For hurting my feelings? For interrupting my date?”

“For what I’m about to ask you…” she sighed “I’m sorry but, do you know where is Yonghwa?”

He scoffed “I don’t know, and I don’t care to be honest. Maybe he already fix things up with his wife and left the country. I don’t know.”

Seohyun blinked as she looked at him, hurt by his words, by the way he was telling her all this “I don’t want to see you right now Seohyun, so please stop looking for me.” He softened his tone, but still his words hurt.

Seohyun blinked again when he left her there, she felt tears forming on her eyes and drop down when she blinked.

She was really hurt. But then again, it was all her fault.

 

 

 

 

“Woah~ Shinhye~ I’m so happy for you!” Shinhye showed a bitter smile when these women who a few days ago had laughed at her, were now saying compliment after compliment.

“It was about time.”

“Honey, then, last time, you hid this from all of us? Aww that would have been a great anniversary present”

Her mom said pleased at the news.

“Where’s my son-in-law by the way?” she then asked.

“He—went to give the good news to his mother.” Shinhye said after quickly had thought in an excuse.

“That woman will forget everything tomorrow anyways.” The women laughed.

“Mom, don’t talk like that!” Shinhye said defending her husband’s mother.

“She will. But whatever, let’s go inside, why are we still at the front door” her mother said as she indicated the women to go inside.

Before Shinhye turned around, she noticed Seohyun walking toward.

“Hello.” Seohyun greeted Shinhye and her mother politely.

“What are you doing here?!” Shinhye asked mad.

“I’m really sorry to come but, I’m really worried about Yonghwa” Shinhye’s eyes widen “I couldn’t contact him in the last days, I’m worried something happened. Do you know if he is ok?” Seohyun worriedly said before Shinhye walked toward and pulled her away by the arm.

“My son-in-law went to see his mother. Who are you?” Shinhye’s mom asked. As always, she interfered.

“He went to Busan?” Seohyun replied surprised.

“Yes, he went to inform his mother he will finally be a dad.”

Seohyun’s eyes widen “What?” she looked surprised at Shinhye’s mom and then at her “A-a dad?”

Shinhye smiled “Yes, that’s right. We are finally having a baby. I am pregnant, withYonghwa’s child.” She said with such confidence.

Seohyun felt her heart in . Shinhye was going to have Yonghwa’s child? How was that possible? Yonghwa had lied to her, he said he doesn’t love her, but he, they were going to have a baby now.

Now she knew the reason why he hadn’t answer her calls, just like Minhyuk said, he fix things up with his wife.

 “H-how…?” Seohyun whispered in disbelief.

“I’m pregnant with his child, so I would be really thankful if you could disappear of our lives.”

“What did you say?!” the three looked back, Yonghwa was there.

He had been there for the last few minutes and had heard each and every word Shinhye had said.

“Y-Yonghwa…” Shinhye stutter as he walked closer.

“You are pregnant?!” he asked surprised, and her mom was as well, she had said Yonghwa knew about her pregnancy already.

“Son-in-law, you didn’t know?” Just when Shinhye’s mom asked, Seohyun bowed and started to walk away.

Yonghwa dropped his bag and rushed to stop Seohyun “Seohyun listen to me please!” he begged after he stopped her “This is not what you think ok? I—“

“Stop it Yonghwa, I got it now.” Seohyun spoke up as she lifted her gaze to look into her eyes “You fix things up with you wife, ok, I was going to tell you that I’ll do the same with my husband.”

“That’s not—your husband?”

“Yes, I finally am going to become my husband’s woman, and I will be moving away with him. It’s done. Since the very beginning this was wrong I knew—I knew it wasn’t going to end well for us. Now you keep up with your new life, because I will do the same. Our little affair is over.” Seohyun harshly told him as she tried to fight her tears back.

She really didn’t mean any of those words. She was really hurt and scared right now.

She attempted to walk away, but Yonghwa had stopped her again “Seohyun, you can’t give yourself to that man!”

“Why shouldn’t I? I’m his wife!” she yelled back after pulling her arm away “Just forget this ever happened.” She said and quickly turned around as her tears were already falling down.

“Seohyun!! Seo—“ Yonghwa was about to run behind her again, when his mother-in-law held his arm and stopped him.

“We need to discuss this right now Jung Yonghwa.”

Yonghwa looked back and forth between Seohyun and his mother-in-law. He had no choice but follow the old woman, anyways, it was already a good opportunity to clarify his true feelings for Shinhye, and also, to break this little marriage.

Shinhye cheating on him was a good reason.

These latest days, he had thought so much, he tried so hard to remember what had happened that night. And what happened is that actually nothing happened.

And if Shinhye was actually pregnant, it was all the result of an affair she had with who knows who.

 

 

 

 

“Now, will you tell us what’s going on?!” Shinhye’s mother practically yelled after his worried husband arrived.

“What happened?” he asked looking at her tearful daughter.

“What happened is that your daughter is a !” she harshly yelled “She slept with who knows who and got pregnant! She cheated on our Yonghwa! Urgh what are we going to do? What will the socialites think?!”

“Are you worried about the socialites right now?!” Shinhye’s father yelled back at her “You have been always so ambitious Yoon Shinyoung, what it matters right now, is your daughter and nothing else, screw the society, what it cares now is Shinhye.” He, as the caring dad he is, defended her daughter.

“I’m sorry…” Shinhye whispered with her head lowered.

“Now Yonghwa wants the divorce! She, with a baby alone, this will damage our image!” the woman worried about the public image once again.

“Mr. Park, this, isn’t something of just one day.” Yonghwa spoke up “I love your daughter, but not like a husband should love her wife, I love her as a friend. I can’t keep with this marriage that is just hurting both of us. I… I wanna divorce her.” He explained in the nicest way he could think of while looking straight into her dad’s eyes.

“Okay.” He nodded, the three of them got surprised, he was really letting Yonghwa and Shinhye getting divorce? Without asking nothing in return?

“Are you crazy HongSuk-ah!!” Mrs. Park yelled.

“Come to my office tomorrow, we will file the petition for divorce.” Yonghwa looked at Shinhye before nodding “Now, would you mind if we talk alone?”

Yonghwa, out of words, shook his head and bowed to Shinhye’s parents before leaving the house.

“HongSuk you crazy old man!! How could you approve the divorce?!”

“Because I know how it is to be married with someone you don’t love!!” he shout back “I think is time for Shinhye to know the true.”

“Don’t you dare!!!”

“I accepted you with this kid that was who knows who’s daughter, I married you, I took really good care of your daughter, I gave you both everything! But I didn’t love you, and the only reason why I was and am still married with you, is because of the amazing daughter you gave me. Because if it wasn’t because of her; I would have already divorced you so many years ago!”

“D-dad?” Shinhye stutter standing up from her sit “Dad… I am… I am not your daughter?”

“What are you going to do now? Are you going to divorce and leave us both in the ruins?!”

“No." he said turning back to his daughter "Shinhye, I am your dad, because I’ve took care of you ever since you were still in your mom’s womb. I am your dad ok?” he sweetly said as he wrapped his arms around her daughter and hugged her hard “You are right Shinyoung, I will divorce you, but I will not leave my daughter in the ruins.” He replied her without looking at her.

“You crazy old man! Right, you were the one who raise her, that’s why she is stupid!” the woman kept on yelling “Now who’s going to marry her when she’s gonna be a mother already?!!”

“Don’t think all men are bad, our Shinhye is going to find a kind man who’s going to love her and take good care of her and her baby. And if she doesn’t find someone, I will be always there for her.” He said one last time before hugging her crying daughter once more.

 

 

 

 

“Answer, answer, answer, answer,” Yonghwa kept on repeating as he tried to call Seohyun. He was standing a few meters away from her front door.

Looking back and forth from the security camera and the front door unsure of going and knock, he didn’t wanted to cause troubles, but he wanted Seohyun to listen to him.

He dialed her number once more before the front door opened and the maid walked out.

“Ahjumma!” he quickly called her.

“Ah, Mr. Jung.” The woman replied coldly.

“I’m sorry, but is Seohyun home? Could you please call her? I really have something important to tell her, please, she won’t answer my calls—”

“Mr.Jung.” she interrupted him “I think is time for you and Mrs. Cho to stop seeing eachother. You might know, she and her husband are trying to fix things up with eachother, so there’s no need for you to keep seeing her.”

“Ahjumma, they can’t fix things up! He is a crazy man! He will never love Seohyun, he is only going to hurt her!” he said desperate “Please! You know that, you know the only man that can make her happy is me, please!”

“Mr. Cho is going to arrive soon, so I suggest you to leave if you don’t want troubles.” The woman said before starting to walk.

Yonghwa sighed before his eyes caught the group of keys she placed inside her bag.

“I’m sorry” he whispered before rushing toward and snatch the bag from her hands. He kept running ignoring the woman yells.

Looking all night long a place where he could take a copy of the keys, he made his way back to Seohyun’s house, he was tired, but he didn’t care. All he was thinking was Seohyun.

Not caring anything else, he walked toward the door and tried every single key to open it.

“No, no, no, no!” he yelled after he tried the last one.

This man was fast. He had changed the lock.

Just when he was about to try the keys again, the door opened and the ahjumma came out.

“There you are!”

“Ahjumma, I’m so sorry about yesterday, but please understand, I need to talk to Seohyun. Is she—“

“Mr. and Mrs. Cho left for San Francisco a few minutes ago.” Yonghwa’s eyes widen, she really left with him “Yeah, she and her husband got together again and left. They’ll probably have a child…”

A child? That means she really do give herself to him.

“…her parents are there too, so they’ll probably stay and make a new life.”

He lifted her gaze to look at her “Her parents are there?”

“Yeah, they are living there. Mr. Cho took Mrs. Cho there under the condition of try to fix things up.”

Yonghwa didn’t let the woman finish talking, when he ran off.

She had given herself to that bad man just because she wanted to see her parents, but something was off, Kyuhyun wasn’t that kind of man. There was something behind, and he surely knew what it was.

Luckily it was busy hours; he quickly went for his motorcycle and rushed toward the airport. He couldn’t let Kyuhyun take Seohyun, because he surely was lying.

 

 

 

“What time is the flight?” Kyuhyun asked his secretary.

“We still have much time Sir. We prepared the private jet.”

“Good, I didn’t want to miss the flight. I don’t want to make my wife sad.” He smirked while holding Seohyun’s cheeks.

She pursed her lips and shut her eyes in pain. She was still in pain from last night.

After he let her go, she fixed her sunglasses and looked outside, trying to pull her short skirt down. As usual, he had made her wear revealing clothes, and she didn’t liked, specially now, her sore and swollen tights could be seen.

Kyuhyun smirked once more before pulling her hands away from the hem of her skirt “Stop it, you don’t want me to get mad honey” he whispered as he caressed her legs.

Seohyun shut her eyes closed once more but this time couldn’t hold back her tears.

She felt so disgusted.

She now wished she could have not done that.

Once again, she had sacrificed herself for her parents, for her beloved parents.

 

The cars started to move one by one and all she wanted was to reach San Francisco and see her parents already.

 

Yonghwa speed up as he avoided all the cars, he could already see the airport, he was going to be there soon “Please wait up Seohyun!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Errmm.. well...Hi, long time no see... yeah...
 
Sorry for not updare in so long :c but I have a busy life.
I won't be telling you or primise you I'll be updating more often 'cause I then go
busy again and yeah... so, I apologize and i'll see you again whenever i update again :)
 
Sorry if the story is getting bored too, and all the drama :/
I'll be giving you a happy ending,so I hope you'll keep supporting me :)