제 12 회

Innocent Lovers

"Why did you draw me?"

That question: Why had he drawn her? Why? Because that was the only way he could see her again. They only way his memories could became real.

The only way he could see her everyday.

The portrait Shinhye had found in the basement and had hung in the living room, Yonghwa had drawed that after one of his visits to his mom. A few days before getting married.

He draw it as a way to say goodbye to her. He knew that there was no chances for him to see her again. That was going to be the only and last time he will draw her, after that, he hid it in the basement, so he could forget it.

But that didn't happened.

Even after getting married, the few years were ok, he liked Shinhye, he was fine with her, the Library Girl was just a beautiful memory of his past. But then those beautiful memories came back the day Shinhye found the drawing and insisted in hang it in the living room. After that day, their marriage changed drastically.

Yonghwa had started to draw his memories and his hope to find her started again.

He was sure it won't happen but it did. He had found the girl he loved for years.

And now he was here with her.

"Why did you draw me?"   Seohyun asked again.

"Why wouldn't I? You are really pretty..."   Seohyun blushed  "...I had to draw someone pretty as you."  

"How did you remembered all my factions? The drawing was so realistic, just like a picture..."  Yonghwa continued to draw her while smiling "It seemed like you were having me right infront of you." 

"I had you..."
Yonghwa whispered. Seohyun turned to look at him before he did aswell. "As I told you that day at the cafe, when I saw you outside the library with your husband wasn't the first time I had saw you."

"I know, during high school... at the library. That was the first time you saw me. How could you still remember my face after that day, after like 7 years." Yonghwa laughed.

"If I tell you... will you think I am a creep?" Seohyun looked at him confused, he laughed looking down at his notebook  "I think it was destined us to meet again." 

Yonghwa stopped for one minute before start talking again  "Since the first day I saw you... I thought you were really beautiful..."  he then lifted his gaze and looked inside her, still, confused eyes "...I've liked you since that day." Seohyun eyes widen "It was the first time I had liked someone as much as I liked you. It was the first time I had liked someone at  first sight. I liked you then... and after years I still like you."

Seohyun looked away as she blushed. It was the first time someone had 'confessed' her. And in such a way, 'After years I still like you'.

It was the first time she had became this shy infront of a guy, the first time she felt inside her stomach just like if there were popcorns.

What was that? Why was she feeling like this?

She had once read in a book that a girl would feel this way when she saw the guy she loved. But what was love for her? Does she loved Yonghwa?

"Let's go back home. Aren't you hungry?" Yonghwa said as he stood up from where he was sitting. Seohyun turned to look at him. He smiled at her "Are you hungry?" Seohyun slightly nodded.

"Then let's go." He said wearing his backpack properly and holding up his hand to Seohyun. She walked down the bridge and shyly walked toward him with both of her hands clasped together infront of her and her head looking down. Yonghwa sighed pulliing his arm down and placing both hands inside his pockets.

They started to walk. Side by side, but this time, not holding hands or talking to eachother.

"I'm sorry. I made you feel uncomfortable with what I said. But I guess after years I just had to say it." Yonghwa said a few minutes after they started to walk. Seohyun did not say anything.

And just a few minutes later she finally spoke.

"Minhyuk said he loves me."

And with just that, Yonghwa felt like the floor tremble down his feets.

He had forgotten about Minhyuk, his best friend. He had forgotten about his feelings, he had forgotten he was having a date with the girl his best friend liked.

For years Minhyuk had told Yonghwa how much he liked -no... how much she loved this girl. And just to think that Yonghwa himself had told him to confess this girl. That if he loved her so much he should confess her.

And just a few days ago, the girl his friend loved it was the same girl he loved as well. What he could do? He couldn't hide his feeling for Seohyun, he had waited for her for years.

"Did you knew he liked me... right?"

"I knew..." he just said turning around so now his back was facing her, he sighed.

"What should I do?" she said walking closer to him "He is my bestfriend... and I don't know what it is love..." Yonghwa then turned to look at her.

"Minhyuk is my bestfriend too... I don't know what should I do aswell..."

He then pulled one of his hands out of his pocket and held hers. She looked down and then up at him.

"Eventually... your heart will tell you what love is." he leaned down and Seohyun eyes widen when he pressed his lips against her forehead. Seohyun blushed. Yonghwa then smiled and brushed the hair that the fresh breeze had gotten in her face aside.

He smiled again holding he hand tighter when they started to walk again.

 

 

The day then went by.

When the night came, and Yonghwa and Seohyun, along with his mom were outside having a barbecue, they forgot about everyone again.

And there was just the two of them, visiting his mom.

They laughed and talked, and just enjoyed the moment just like a newly married couple.

Yonghwa had left the house to go buy chocolates that his mom wanted, leaving Seohyun with his mom and the aunt.

Seohyun was helping the aunt with the meat when Yonghwa's mom ask her to sit next to her. The aunt told her to go and talk with her, that she was going to finish to cook herself.

As Seohyun sat next to Yonghwa's mom, she asked "When are you coming back to Seoul?"

"Tomorrow morning. I have... we have things to do." Seohyun said.

"I wish you could stay here with me" Yonghwa's mom said with a heavy sigh. Seohyun held her hands.

"Don't worry Mrs. Jung. I'm sure your son will be visiting you soon, and more often."

"Will you come aswell?" she asked.

"W-well..." Seohyun hesitated before answer but then Yonghwa's mom spoke.

"Please come next time too." she said holding her hands tighter "My son really loves you Seohyun." Seohyun eyes widen and looked at her.

Since early that day, when they arrived, his mom called her Shinhye, and all day she kept thinking she was Shinhye, Yonghwa's wife.

But now, suddenly she had called her Seohyun.

Yonghwa's mom laughed caressing her hands  "I know you love my son aswell. I know you are scared, I don't know why, or because of who. But my son is a great man, and I'm not saying it just because I'm his mom, but he really is. I haven't see him smile the way he does when he is with you. The way he looks at you, the way he holds your hand. I know he loves you." 

 "He has already sacrificed so much for me, he is married to someone he doesn't love. And honestly I don't like either."  she laughed "You should give a chance to this love to grown. You are young, already married but just found the real love, you both can still re-do your lifes." 

Seohyun sighed and shook her head "I can't re-do my life. This is the life I have and I can't do nothing to get away from it. I can't get divorce, I can't run away... I can't be happy..."

The only time she had been truly happy after all this years, was today. Was when she was with Yonghwa. He made her happy and she knew it. But she was hard to herself, making herself believe she didn't liked him, that she shouldn't like him when actually she did- yes.. she liked Yonghwa.

She had tried to not make herself fall in love, but there was no use. Yonghwa was exactly the man she wanted to be with. He cared about her, he protected her and most important, he loved her.

Her husband was the only think that separated her from her happiness. He was the only reason why she hadn't throw herself into Yonghwa's arm and tell him that she liked him.

After that day with him, she didn't cared anymore about him being married. It was wrong, everything was wrong, but she didn't cared. Because she was happy with Yonghwa.

 

 

And her happiness only disappear when she found herself opening the front door of her house, Kyuhyun's house. She had came back to her real life. She had woken up from that beautiful dream, and had again became a nightmare.

"Seohyun-ah~ where have you been?!" the ahjumma walked closer to Seohyun and whispered as soon as she stepped inside the house.

She was looking at the top of the stairs so Seohyun knew her husband was already at home. Just then, her legs started to tremble.

"When did he arrive?" Seohyun whispered back as she kept looking upstairs.

"Just a few minutes ago. I told him you went to bring his dad's painting." Seohyun looked back at one corner next to the door. When she left with Yonghwa Wendsday night they had left the painting there. She then looked at the ahjumma "I hid it when I came this morning." she whispered walking toward the kitchen.

"SEOHYUN!!" just then, Seohyun's husband came walking downstairs yelling her name. He was mad. "Where the hell were you? Haven't I told you to not leave the house?!" he yelled at her, holding her arm harder.

"I went to bring your dad's painting Kyuhyun..." she whispered.

"And were it is?! Uh?! You are lying!! Where were you?!!" he yelled in her face, this time pulling her hair.

"I went for the painting...I swear..." Seohyun cried in pain when Kyuhyun pulled harder her hair before grabbing her by the neck.

"The painting was supposed to be on Wendsday..."

"It wasn't! It was supposed to but it wasn't... Kyuhyun please it hurts!" just then Kyuhyun let go of her before holding her arm and drag her upstairs.
 


"Wear this!" when they reached their room, Kyuhyun pulled a dress out the closet and throw it to her "We have to arrive earlier to that damn party. Change quickly."

Seohyun looked down at the dress "K-Kyuhyun... the cleavage..."

"Just wear that. Is for you to get ready for tonight, darling." he smirked walking closer to her, and held her chin before pecking her lips and walk out the room.

Seohyun sighed, tonight, again, the pain, the fear, it was going to happen again.

"Seohyun." the ahjumma walked inside the room quietly. Seohyun turned to look at her "Your friend brought this." the ahjumma smiled holding the small package infront of her.

Seohyun looked down at it before hold it and unwrap it.

"You were with him right?" Seohyun smiled when she saw the drawing of her Yonghwa did back in the beach, he had sent it to her "You know what your husband will do if he finds out?"

"He won't. Nothing happened ahjumma. I did nothing wrong. Being happy... it is wrong?"
the ahjumma shook her head before Seohyun looked down at the drawing and smiled again.

'When I look at you I just smile out of nowhere
you’re the shining thing deep inside my heart
my very own love light'

The small message in the drawing read. She smiled at it.

After yesterday, a part of her didn't wanted to see Yonghwa anymore, she didn't wanted to like him more that she likes him now. But a big part of her was anticipating to see him again, tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh well... forgive me if this isn't so good.

I guess I haven't fully recovered my inspiration yet T-T

Any~~way~~ New subscribers~~~ WELCOME!!

Thank you for subscribing, I'll do my best at keep writing this~

Fell free to comment ^^

Fighting~!!

 

 

 

 

 

*비를 닮은 그대*