제 17 회

Innocent Lovers
“You look so lovely today Shinhye.” She heard every kind of comment from this people she didn’t know.
 
She just nodded and smiled at every one of them.
 
The rest of the night, she would just have this fake smile on her face, she would just generously smile when she held her husband’s arm.
 
“When we will have the pleasure to attend your babies' christening?” one of the ladies asked, in what it sound more like a mocking tone.
 
They were her mother’s friends, that’s why they rudely asked her about how her relationship with her husband was and why they don’t have kids in these 6 years together.
 
They started to give her some “advice” and joked about her husband not being capable enough to make a baby.
 
Shinhye was more that annoyed, her mother who was right there next to them joined their disgusting jokes.
 
“We still having that girlfriend-boyfriend relationship, that’s why we have been together for so long, we yet don’t see each other as husband or wife.” Shinhye finally spoke up after thinking in some lame excuse.
 
“That’s a wrong thing to do honey; your husband would sleep around if you treat him like a boyfriend.”
 
“That’s what I’m saying.”
 
Shinhye excused herself and left the annoying women laughing at her.
 
She hoped this party could be over soon, and as she could see on Yonghwa’s face, he wanted so too.
 
“My daughter!” Shinhye was staring at Yonghwa just when her father called her “Come here baby girl.” He sweetly said after put down his glass of wine.
 
Yonghwa stood up for Shinhye to sit down, since there was no more space for her to sit.
 
“I want to congratulate you, 6 years married; my baby girl is so big already.” Her father said as he caressed her hands “I’ve talked with your husband already so, you better hurry up with the babies.” He asked with a hopeful look.
 
Shinhye knew her dad really wanted to have grandchildren, he loved kids so much, Shinhye was the only child and she had already grown up, her dad wanted to have another little kid to take to the park.
 
At difference of her mom who just wanted her to have a baby just so the socialites wouldn’t think her marriage is a failure. Which it actually was.
 
“Yes dad. We will try.” Shinhye said with shaking voice, she was feeling bad of everything that had happened.
 
But she had no other choice but do this.
 
She as well, can’t do anything now but this. She can’t take someone else’s life away.

 

 

 

 

The rest of the night, it became her parents' party, Shinhye was walking here and there sometimes exchanged some words with some people.
 
Yonghwa was still sitting on the same sit next to her dad talking about business, or actually just listening to it.
 
Just when the people started to leave, she finally started to move.
 
“Take this to my father and his friends.” Shinhye told the waiter, she had prepared some drinks she knew her father liked.
 
She followed from behind and before the waiter could place the glasses on the table, she took the one she eyed from the beginning and gave it to her husband.
 
“Please enjoy your drinks.” She said with a smile.
 
“Ah~ my daughter so kind as always. We will enjoy it.”
 
Yonghwa was feeling already drunk, these old business men don’t stop drinking, and he couldn’t deny another drink.
 
He looked at Shinhye for some help but before she could say something, Mr. Park took the glass and hand it to Yonghwa “Let’s toast Yonghwa!”
 
Shinhye just shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

 

 

 

“The number you've dialed is currently unavailable…”

Seohyun tried to call Yonghwa for the last time.
 
It was pass 1 am already and she was still awake trying to contact him.
 
She went from “What is this? He said he will be always here for me~” to being damn worried “What if Minhyuk did something to him? No, what if Kyuhyun did something to him?”
 
Kyuhyun had been away 1 week, he gets to leave the country for even 2 months, he wouldn’t care about Seohyun, and he would just leave. Not sending any bodyguards to watch her everywhere.
 
But how can she be so sure her husband hadn’t sent anyone to watch over her on the past days? Since he knew she was seeing another man, he might have sent someone.
 
She was now really worried, what if Kyuhyun did so and he knows she still seeing him and he killed him?
 
What if they punch him to death? Or shoot him? Or throw his living body to the railroad? Or tied and blindfolded to the ocean?
 
Seohyun shook her head to vanish away those thoughts. That can’t be right?
 
“Maybe he is just busy with some paintings.” She said to herself to calm down her nerves.
 
Still, she wasn’t feeling well about it. Knowing it was rude from her to be calling Minhyuk and ask about Yonghwa, she did it.
 
She was worried about Yonghwa and she could only call Minhyuk to ask. 
 
She didn’t know his house telephone number, and even if she did, she wouldn’t call. She was after all, the mistress.
 
Not because she slept with him, she actually loved him and so she did.
 
Their dates, their hands holding, their kisses on the cheek were so innocent and full of love. But he was still married and so she was.
 
She sighed “…the mistress...” She whispered as she sat down on the bed.
 
She had been really happy with Yonghwa, being together with him, forgetting about her husband. She didn’t consider being with Yonghwa was cheating her husband, being with him who is married, she became the mistress.
 
She never thought about it, and now that she finally realized of it, she was feeling bad about “How can I be doing this? This isn’t what my parents teach me…” she said above a whisper.
 
Now she thought she was being really selfish, worrying all about her being happy, how she suffered being with her husband and only wanting to be happy now. Although Yonghwa had married without love too, Shinhye did love him and she had done nothing wrong to have her husband taken away like that.
 
She once again shook her head to vanish her thought again when someone finally answered at the other side of the phone “Hello?”
 
She furrow her eyebrows at the unknown female voice that answered “Uhm…” she said after she pulled her cell phone away to confirm she had dialed the correct number and she did ‘Minhyuk oppa’
 
“Is this Kang Minhyuk’s phone?” she asked.
 
“Yes it is.”  The female replied in a very cold tone “Who is this?” then she asked.
 
“Uhm… I’m Seohyun, could you please put him on the phone?”
 
“I’m sorry, but he is busy right now and he can’t answer.” The girl rudely said before hang up
 
Seohyun pulled the phone away to only stare at the black screen of her cell phone “Who was that?”

 

 

 

 

“Now tell me once more, Seohyun who?” the girl who had just hang up sat next to Minhyuk on the bed and asked.
 
Minhyuk sighed placing his cell phone back on the night table “A friend. My crush.”
 
“Then why you didn’t answered her call?” she asked confused.
 
“Because she is dating my best friend” He sadly replied.
 
“You are so stupid for not confessed her before him.” She, no knowing what had really happened, just said.
 
Minhyuk just shook his head and sighed.
 
He actually was stupid for not had confessed to her back then when they were still in high school, for hide her from his best friends, that was another mistake that lead to his friendship with Yonghwa to be ruined.

Now, he could do nothing, but take a time to think and try to forget about his feelings for Seohyun.

Maybe, just maybe, he could in the future see them both again as his best friends.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The clock alarm started to ring, Yonghwa cover himself with the sheets and rolled aside annoyed.
 
He had not set an alarm, why was ringing? He didn’t even have a clock on his room, now that he thinks about it.
 
He quickly sat up and looked around and then down to himself.
 
“Oh sh—“ he cursed as he brushed his hands through his hair before turn off the alarm.
 
“The hell happened last night?” he tried to recall last night but he just couldn’t, this headache was still making him difficult to think.
 
He walked here and there around the room after he dressed himself once more trying to think. He just couldn’t.
 
He sighed frustrated and walked outside the room.
 
“You are awake.” Shinhye greeted him with a smile “I’ve prepared breakfast.”
 
Yonghwa just sighed once more and head to his own room. Shinhye smile faded “I’m sorry” she whispered while she hugged herself and prevent herself from crying.

 

 

 

A few hours passed, Yonghwa was still on his room and Shinhye didn’t even bother in calling him.
 
Suddenly, the door opened and Yonghwa appeared with a bag. Shinhye’s eyes widen as she stood up from the couch “W-where are you going?” she asked.
 
Yonghwa sighed before looking into her eyes “What exactly happened last night?”
 
“What?” she acted as if she didn’t know.
 
“What happened last night Shinhye? Did I… did I do something to you that I shouldn’t have?” Shinhye could notice how worried he was for what could have happened between them.
 
“What shouldn’t? We are a married couple…”
 
“No, no, no!” he interrupted her brushing his hair frustrated “Shinhye, you know this can’t happen. We can’t, I don’t love you.”
 
“It happened. Is done.” She said as her eyes watered.
 
“It shouldn’t. I—I need to think.” He sighed once more “Have you seen my cell phone?”
 
“Where are you going?”
 
“Away. Have you seen my cell phone?” he asked frustrated once more.
 
“I haven’t!” she yelled this time with tears rolling down her eyes.
 
“Forget it.”
 
“Yonghwa! Yonghwa!!” Yonghwa took his bag and walked out, Shinhye called him as she ran behind him, but he won’t even look back.
 
He had already left.

 

 

 

“The number you've dialed is currently unavailable…”

Yonghwa hang up, he introduced another coin and dialed once more, just to hear the same, the number was unavailable.
 
He sighed as he looked at the road; he needed to tell Seohyun he will have to leave for a while. He wasn’t ready to tell him what had happened with Shinhye. He didn’t even know if it really happened something, he couldn’t remember a thing.
 
“What to do?” he whispered to himself.
 
He knows he couldn’t go knock on her door since the cameras were there. He didn’t want to get her into troubles and besides, he didn’t know if her husband had come already.
 
He groaned throwing his head backwards before deciding to leave a note for her at the store.
 
She or the ahjumma working for her might as well come here.
 
When he turned around he accidentally bumped into an old woman.
 
“Oh! I’m really sorry!” he quickly apologized. The woman looked like a beggar, she looked really old and skinny and her clothes were dirty and torn.
 
It was really cold; he was worried the shawl she was wearing wasn’t covering her enough.
 
“I’m really sorry.” He said once more trying to look into her eyes.
 
“It’s ok.” She weakly said before looking up at him.
 
He scanned her face, she was really skinny, skin was hanging down her cheeks, but she wasn't as old as he thought. She somehow looked familiar, but he didn’t know where he has seen her before “Are you ok ma’am?” he worriedly asked.
 
She nodded and gave him a small smile “I’m ok, don’t worry.” She held the shawl around her along with a paper; she excused herself before start looking around as if she was looking for something.
 
“I’m sorry, ma’am, are you… looking for something?” he asked.
 
The woman turned around and smiled “Yes. Do you, perhaps, know where this direction is?” she hopefully asked showing him the small paper.
 
Yonghwa kindly look at it, he repeated the direction and looked around a few times “Well, it… it should be around here but… I’m not really sure.” He looked around once more.
 
He didn’t want to leave her there, so he hurried himself to think were that place was “Are you going to meet someone there?” he asked her.
 
“No.” she shook her head “I just… I just want to see my daughter” she weakly said as she looked down “I haven’t seen her in years. I wanna know how she is now.” Yonghwa looked at her as tears rolled down her cheeks and she sobbed.
 
He then pull his bag down and took off his coat, he place it around her shoulders. The woman looked up at him confused.
“You might get sick.” He said with a warm smile.
 
“But you—“
 
“I’m ok. I really don’t know where this is, but is close, so just walk up that street. It should be there.” He kindly said once more and handed the paper back.
 
“Thank you. Thank you so much” she held his hand grateful.
 
Yonghwa held both of her hands, she was really cold “First, go inside the store and drink some hot coffee, you might get sick”
 
“I’m ok. I don’t have money, I really need to see my daughter” she said bowing her head and attempting to walk away.
 
“Ma’am, take this, go drink something warm.” He gave her money after stopping her.
 
“No, no! I’m not a beggar!” she refused to take the money.
 
Yonghwa held her hand and placed the money on her hand “I know you aren’t. But you need to drink something warm before getting sick, so just take this now.”
 
Before she could give the money back, he took his bag once more and walked away.
 
He suddenly forgot about the note he will make to Seohyun and he left. He had forgotten about last night.
 
He right now was concern about that woman, she was really familiar. He struggled at himself as he tried to remember.
 
And he unknowingly, had already arrived to Busan.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No Yongseo this time~ Sorry~
 
New subscribers, thank you! and welcome!! ^^
Don't forget to share your thoughts with me~
and happy reading~~!! c: