Chapter 7-Do You Remember Me Now?

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ring!  Ring!  Ring!

It was the end of the day and all of the students were rushing to get home.  Most of them were excited to go to the football game.  As Nicole walks to her locker, she saw Myungsoo leaning against it. 

“Hi Myungsoo.” Nicole said shyly as she reaches him.

Myungsoo grins at her and says “Are you ready to walk home together?”

“I can’t tonight.  My mom is picking me up.  She’s taking me shopping for a dress.” Nicole said.  She could see a look of disappointment on his face.

“A dress?  You mean your Homecoming dress?” asks Myungsoo.

Nicole nodded her head yes.  “I didn’t buy one yet.  I was going to wear the one from last year.”

“Hey guys!” cried Min.

“Hi Min.” Nicole and Myungsoo said.

“Are you guys ready to walk home?” question Min.

“It’s only going to be you and me.  Let’s get going.” replied Myungsoo.

Min frowns at Nicole.  “You’re not coming?”

Nicole giggles at her face expression.  “My mom is picking me up.  We’re going to grab something to eat and then go shopping for my Homecoming dress.”

Min smirks and says “I get Myungsoo all to myself?!  Kill me!”

Myungsoo glared at her with his cold eyes and scoffs.  “Do you want me to kill you now?”

“Yah!” shouted Min as she smacks him on his chest.

Myungsoo grins and looks at Nicole as he starts to walk away from her.  “I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Nicole!” Min yells as she tries to catch up with Myungsoo.

“Bye guys!” cried Nicole waving good-bye to them.

“Hey Nicole.” said a voice behind her.

Nicole turns around and found herself smiling at Minho.  “Hi Minho.”

“Wow…that’s the first.” Minho said smirking at her.

“First?  What do you mean?” question Nicole.

Minho laughs and says “This is the first time you actually talk to me face-to-face without looking down on the ground.”

Nicole blushes as she looks away from him.  “Yeah…um…it’s a habit.”

“It’s a bad habit if you ask me.” Minho said as he walks up to her.

Nicole giggles.  As Minho and her walk towards the exit doors she says “I’m really happy that you and Min are going to the dance together.”

Minho stops and stares at Nicole.  She looks into his gloomy eyes as she noticed that he seem unhappy.

“Minho…are you okay?” ask Nicole.

Minho stared into her dazzling eyes as he replies “Not really.”

Nicole bit her lower lip.  “Um…do you want to talk about it?”

Minho smiles at her.  “Well…remember what I said earlier about wanting to ask you to be my date for Homecoming?  I was serious.”

Nicole froze as her eyes widen.  “Uh…are you feeling okay?”

Minho scoffs and looks at her.  “You don’t believe me?”

“Honestly…I don’t.” Nicole said folding her arms.

“Why not?” question Minho.

“Because…” mumble Nicole.

“I can’t hear you.” said Minho.

Nicole sighs and looks into his chocolate brown eyes.  “Why would a handsome guy like you want to have me as a date?  If you’re asking me because of a stupid game or a bet that you have with your friends…it’s not funny.  I have feelings too.  Do you know how it feels like to be growing up being overweight and being teased all your life?”

Minho was shock and surprised.  He wasn’t expecting her to explode at him like that.  As he slowly walks towards her, she took a few steps backwards until her back hit the wall. 

“Yah!” shouted Nicole.

“Yes?” smiled Minho.

His face was so close to hers that she could feel her heart pounding like crazy.  No guy has ever gotten that close to her face…not even Myungsoo!

 

“I-I-I would appreciate it if you would back up a little.  I-I-I don’t like people invading my space.” stutters Nicole.

“And if I don’t?” challenged Minho.

“Well…forgive me for doing this.” Nicole said as she stomps on his right foot.

“Ow!” Minho shouted as he backs away from her.

Nicole laughs and says “Don’t blame me for doing that.”

“Yah!  Was that necessary?” cried Minho.

“Serves you right.” Nicole said sticking her tongue out at him.

Minho narrowed his eyes at her.  “Yah!  You dare to stick your tongue out at me?”

Nicole giggles and says “I already did…what are you going to do about it?”

Minho started walking towards her again as Nicole squeals and runs out the door.

“Yah!  Come back here!” shouted Minho.

Minho chased her outside as he was laughing.  He easily caught up to her and grabs her back pack.

“Ah!” scream Nicole.

“Got you!” Minho laughs.

“Nicole!” shouted a voice.

She turns around and saw her mom waving at her.  “Give me a minute mom!”

“Yah!  Please let go of my back pack.  My mom and I have somewhere to go.” Nicole pleaded.

“Thank you.” Minho said letting go of her back pack.

Nicole raised her right eye brow up.  “Thank you?  For what?”

“I want to thank you for venting out your true feelings to me.  Asking you to be my date for Homecoming wasn’t a bet or a game.  I really did want to go with you.” Minho shyly said.

Nicole started blushing as she looks down on the ground and mumbles “You’re weird.”

Minho scoffs and says “How am I weird?  You’re the weird one here.  Who talks to someone while looking down on the ground?”

Nicole looks up at him and shouted “Yah!”

Minho quickly grabs onto her wrist and looks into her shiny eyes.  He pulls her closer to his face and asks “You really don’t remember me Jung Nicole?”

Nicole tilted her head to the side and says “Have we met before?”

Minho smiles and nodded his head yes.  “We met before…”

“Nicole!” shouted her mom again.

“I-I-I really have to go.  I’m sorry Minho…I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else.” Nicole said quickly yanking her wrist free from him. 

As Minho watches her run towards her mom’s car and drove away, he sighs to himself.  Why couldn’t she remember him?

“What’s with the smile on your face mom?” ask Nicole.

Her mom giggles and turns to look at her.  “Was that the boy you were talking about this morning?”

Nicole blushes as she cried “No!  It’s definitely not him!”

“Are you sure?  Why are you blushing then?” mom.

“Mom!  I’m serious!  It’s not Minho.” Nicole said looking out the window.

Her mom giggles and says “Well…who is this mysterious boy then?”

Nicole bit her lower lip and sighs.  “You really want to know that bad?”

“It’s up to you if you want to tell me honey.  I’m not going to pressure you.” her mom said.

Nicole turns to look at her mom and smiles.  “Thanks mom.”

“What would you like to eat?” ask her mom.

“Chinese!” Nicole said happily.

Her mom laughs as she says “Alright.  Chinese it is!”

As Min and Myungsoo were walking home, she turns to look at him and asks “Myungsoo…what do you think of Minho?”

 

“What do you mean?  Be more specific.” said Myungsoo.

Min scratches her head.  “Well…I mean…what kind of a person is he like?  He’s your friend…shouldn’t you know something about him?”

“All I know is that he plays sports and he’s very competitive.” answered Myungsoo as he continues to walk.

“That’s it?” cried Min.

Myungsoo stops walking and turns to look at her.  “If you want to get to know him, why don’t YOU ask him?”

“I can’t!  I’m too shy!” pouted Min.

Myungsoo rolls his eyes at her.  “Girls…”

“Yah!  I wouldn’t be talking!  You’re shy too!  I’ve seen the way you look and talk to Nicole.  Don’t think I’m stupid.” Min smirks.

“I’m glad to know that you’re not stupid.” Myungsoo said laughing.

“Yah!  Don’t call me stupid!” as Min slaps him across his arm.

“Kim Myungsoo!” shouted a voice behind them.

“Oh god!” mutters Myungsoo.

“Hi Hyuna.” Min greeted her.

Hyuna ignores Min and grabs Myungsoo by his left arm.  “Yah!  I heard that Nicole and you are going to Homecoming dance together.  Is that true?  Tell me it’s a joke right?”

“I wouldn’t touch him if I were you.” Min warns Hyuna.

“Take your hands off me.” growls Myungsoo as he turns to look at her with his unfriendly eyes.

Hyuna immediately let go of his arm and pouted at him again.  “Are you seriously going with Nicole?”

He leans in closer to Hyuna and snarls “Yes…I AM going with Nicole…do you have a problem with that?”

Hyuna gulps and shook her head no.  “I also heard that you turn Sohee down…why did you ask Nicole?  What does she have that we don’t?”

Myungsoo scoffs and glares at her.  “She’s everything I want in a girl…something you’ll never have.”

“Oppa!” shouted Hyuna as Myungsoo and Min walk away from her.

“She is so annoying!  How the hell can you stand her?” Myungsoo mumbles.

Min laughs and shakes her head.  “I don’t.  Do you know how painful to go to dance practice every day?  By the way, she’s totally obsesses with you!  All she ever does is talk about you.”

Myungsoo shivers to himself.  “I can’t till graduation!  I want her to go to college as far away as possible!”

Min burst out laughing.  “You still have one more year to deal with her.”

Myungsoo rolls his eyes and scoffs.  “Don’t remind me.”

“Myungsoo…when you like someone…what’s the best way to tell them?” question Min.

“Who are you referring to?” Myungsoo bluntly asks.

Min could feel her face burning.  “Um…Choi Minho.”

Myungsoo smirks at her and said “Just tell him you like him.  What’s so hard about that?”

Min scoffs at him and says “That’s easy for you to say.  Why can’t YOU say that to Nicole?”

Myungsoo stops walking and bit his lower lip.  “We’re talking about you here…not me.”

Min shrugs her shoulders and smiles.  “Whatever you feel about Nicole, I think she feels the same way about you too.”

Myungsoo looks at her and grins.  “Is that so?  Why doesn’t she tell me then?  I would rather hear it coming from .  It’s more believable.”

Min turns to look at him and sighs.  “Did it ever occur to you that she has no confidence in herself?  I’m telling you this and you better listen carefully Kim Myungsoo.  I’m not going to repeat myself…oh and you didn’t hear this from me either.  She really likes you more than a friend.” 

Myungsoo stared at Min and drop his mouth wide open.  Nicole likes him too?! 

“Yah!  Quit staring at me like that!  It’s creepy!” Min said snapping her fingers in his face.

“Oh…sorry.” Myungsoo mumbles.

“I think you should confess your feelings to her at the dance tomorrow night.” Min said smiling.

Myungsoo scratches his head.  “You think so?”

“Why not?  It would be totally perfect!  You’re her shinning knight…remember?” teased Min.

Myungsoo felt himself blushing as he quickly looks away from Min.  They continue to walk home as Min kept pestering him about how to get Minho’s attention.  He pretended to listen to Min, but his mind was full of Nicole.   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter