Chapter 12-Birthday

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~7:00am~

Ding Dong!  Ding Dong!  Ding Dong!

Nicole slowly opens up the door and her eyes widen.  Myungsoo was standing at her front doors holding a dozen of red roses in his hands.

Myungsoo sweetly smiles at her and says “Good morning Cola.  May I come in?”

“Ye-yeah…come in!” Nicole stutters.  As soon as she shut the door she turns around and found Myungsoo lips smacked onto hers.  She wraps her arms around his neck and returns the kiss.  Oh how she had missed kissing him!

 

“Did you miss me?” Myungsoo asks as pulls back from their kiss.

Nicole buried her face in his chest and murmured “Yes.”

Myungsoo smiles at her and handed her the roses.  “These are for you.”

Nicole blushes as she accepted them.  “Thank you!  Oh…they’re so beautiful!  Let me go find a vase to put them in.”

“Good morning Myungsoo.” her mom greeted.

Myungsoo bows at her mom and happily greeted back “Hello Ms. Kim.”

“How is your mom doing?” her mom curiously asks.

Myungsoo scratches his head and replies “Um…she is doing alright.”

“Mom…don’t you have to leave for work right now?” Nicole quickly interrupted.

Her mom looks at her watch and yelps “Oh crap!  You’re right…I’ll see you tonight honey.” 

Nicole giggles as she quickly gives her mom a kiss on her right cheek.  “Bye mom!”

Myungsoo waited patiently for Nicole’s mom to leave before he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.  He kissed her softly on her neck and whispers “There’s something wrong…”

Nicole quickly turns around with a worried expression on her face and stares into his frosty eyes.  “What’s wrong?”

Myungsoo smirks and replies “You lost weight.  Were you that worried about me?”

Nicole scoffs and made a face at him.  “Of course I was worried about you!  You didn’t call or text me…I was worried that something might have happen to you.  I came over to your house every day but your mom told me that you wanted to be left alone.  How could I not worry about you when you don’t even want to see me?  I thought…”

 

Myungsoo cut her off by pressing his warm lips onto her soft lips.  He kissed her passionately and held her tighter in his arms.  After a few minutes of kissing he slowly pulls back and smiles at her.  Her face was as red as a tomato and she mumbles “I thought you grew tired of me already…”

“I would never grow tired of you.  I just have a lot of things on my mind right now.  I’m sorry if you thought I was ignoring you.” Myungsoo explains.

Nicole stares into his cold eyes and nodded her head.  Although she already knew what was bothering him, she decided not to say anything.

“You lost weight because of me too…I’m sorry.”

Nicole gives him a tiny smile.  “It’s alright…I kind of like it.  My clothes are a bit looser on me.”

“How much weight did you lose?” questions Myungsoo.

“I lost about 15 pounds.” Nicole replies.

Myungsoo eyes widen.  “What?!  You lost 15 pounds in one week?”

“It’s all because of you!” Nicole cired as she pokes him in his chest with her right finger.

“I said I was sorry…let me make it up to you.” Myungsoo pleaded.

Nicole giggles and says “We’ll see…come on.  We have to get going or else we’re going to be late for school.”

Myungsoo mumbles “Do we really have to go to school today?”

Nicole lightly pinches his left cheek and replies “Yes we do!  Come on!  Min is probably waiting for us outside.”

As soon as they were outside, they saw Min waving her hand at them.  “Hey guys!”

“Hi Min!” Nicole and Myungsoo shouted.

“Yah!  What’s up with not calling or texting?  Do you know how worried Nicole was?” Min cried as she slaps Myungsoo on his left arm.

Myungsoo scoffs and wraps his left arm around Nicole’s shoulder.  “We made up already…so it’s all good.”

Min raised her left eye brow up and threw Nicole a dirty look.  “You gave in didn’t you?”

Nicole giggles as she drags Min by her right arm.  “Come on…let’s go…we’re going to be late for school if we keep bickering like this.”

“But…but…” Min trails off.

“You’re annoying.” Myungsoo said making a face at her. 

“Shut up!” Min hollered.

“You shut up.” Myungsoo smirks.

“Don’t make me hit you again!” Min threatens.

“I’d like to see you try.” Myungsoo challenged.

Nicole giggles to herself as she watches Min and Myungsoo bicker at each other.  Just like old times…

~Lunch time~

“You’re not hungry?” Min asks as she stuffs her face with chips.

Nicole shook her head no.  “It’s strange…I just don’t feel hungry anymore.”

Min made a face at her.  “It’s all Myungsoo’s fault.  He made you lose your appetite.”

“I heard that!” Myungsoo snarled as he pulls a chair out next to Nicole.  He set his lunch down and started peeling an orange.

Min scoffs and stuck her tongue out at him.  “It’s true!  What’s going to happen when Nicole lose more weight?  I bet you anything there’ll be a crap load of boys wanting her!  Then you’ll definitely have some tough competition!”

Myungsoo leans his head in closer to Min and growls “That’ll never happen because Nicole is mine.  Get it through your thick head.”

“I’m just saying…” Min mumbles.

Before Myungsoo could say anything Nicole quickly said “Knock it off you guys.”

Min stuck her tongue out at Myungsoo and “You’re lucky Nicole’s here or else I wouldn’t hold back what I have to say to you.”

Myungsoo rolls his eyes at her.  “Whatever.”

“Hi.” said a voice behind Nicole and Myungsoo.

Nicole quickly turns around and saw Minho standing there holding his lunch tray. 

“May I sit here with you guys?” Minho kindly asks.

Myungsoo ignored him and continues to peel his orange.  Min clears and happily said “Sure!  Pull up a chair!”

Minho set his lunch tray next to Min and sat across from Nicole and Myungsoo. 

Minho clears his throat and looks at Myungsoo.  “Hey man…I just wanted to apologized to you for what happen Homecoming night.  I hope we can be friends again.”

Myungsoo scoffs and turns to look at Minho.  “Friends?”

Min quickly looks at Nicole and silently mouthed “Help me!”

Nicole grabs Myungsoo’s left hand with her right hand and squeezes it.  She gave him a warm smile. 

“I don’t know what I was thinking…I’m truly sorry for everything.” Minho honestly said.

Myungsoo sighs and looks into Minho’s sorry eyes and smirks.  “It’s okay…you’re forgiven.”

Min squeals and claps her hands together.  “Perfect!  We’re all friends again!”

Myungsoo broke half of his orange and offered the other half to Minho.  “Want some?”

Minho smiles at him and happily accepted it.  “Thanks man.”

Nicole smiles as she winks at Myungsoo.  Although she could slightly tell that he wasn’t too thrilled about being friends with Minho again, he still forgave him.

~October 7th~

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

Nicole opens up the door and a screaming Min jumps on top of her.

“Happy Birthday Nicole!” Min shouted as she hugs her tightly.

Nicole laughs and said “Thank you Min…please get off me!”

“I’m so excited for your birthday dinner tonight!” Min squeals as she finally let go of Nicole.

“Me too!  I can’t wait!  There’s going to be so much food!” Nicole added.

“What are we having again?” Min asks.

“We’re having Pad Thai, Fried Chicken, Steak, Fried Rice, and White Rice.” Nicole explains.

“Yummy!  I can’t wait!”

“Hello Min!” her mom greeted.

Min bows at her mom and happily greeted “Hello Ms. Kim!  How are you?”

“I’m doing just fine, and yourself?”

“I’m doing great!  Thanks for asking!” Min beams.  “Aren’t you late for work Ms. Kim?”

Her mom laughs and shook her head no.  “I took the day off today to prepare Nicole’s birthday party.  There’s much to be done.”

“Well…we’re going to get going mom.  I’ll see you later.” Nicole said hugging her mom.

“Bye sweetie.  Bye Min.” her mom said.

“Bye Ms. Kim!” Min shouted as we walk out the door.

“So, what did you get me for my birthday?” question Nicole.

Min made a face at her.  “It’s a secret!”

“You won’t even give me a tiny hint?” Nicole pouted.

Min shook her head no.  “You’ll just have to wait and see!”

“You’re no fun!” Nicole cried as she links arms with her.

“Hey guys!” Myungsoo shouted as he waves at them.

Nicole and Min both shouted back “Hi Myungsoo!”

As soon as Myungsoo approaches them, he pulls Nicole away from Min and wraps his right arm around her shoulder.

“Yah!  How dare you steal Nicole away from me?!” Min cried as she tries to pull Nicole back.

Nicole laughs at their silliness.  “Why do you guys always do this to me every morning?”

“I don’t like sharing.” Myungsoo replies as he kissed her on her left cheek.

Nicole blushes as Min pretends to gag.  “Can’t you go one day without kissing Nicole?”

Myungsoo made a face at her and grins.  “You’re just jealous because Mir hardly kisses you.”

Min’s face reddens as she hits him on his left shoulder.  “Yah!  That’s not true!”

“Did you guys kiss yet?” questions Nicole.

“Yeah…I bet you anything he’s too shy to lock lips with you…or you probably have bad breath.” Myungsoo teased. 

“Kim Myungsoo!  I do not have bad breath!” Min shouted as she smacks him across his head.

“Yah!  Hit me across the head again, and I’ll…” Myungsoo trails off.

Min smirks at him.  “You’ll what?”

Before Myungsoo could answer her back, there was a honk from a white Range Rover Evoque.

Honk!   

 

The three of them turns to look at the car.  The entire windows were tinted black and it was hard to tell who was driving the luxury car.  As the driver’s seat window rolls down Min’s face jaw drop.

“Hey guys!” Minho shouted. 

“Omo!  Holy mother of pearl!  Is that your car?” Min exclaims.

Minho nodded his head yes.  “Hop in!  I’ll give you guys a lift to school.”

“Thank you Minho!” Min squeals as she happily runs towards his car.  “I call shotgun!”

Nicole and Myungsoo laughs as they walk towards his Range Rover Evoque.  Myungsoo opens up the door for Nicole as she hops inside the car.

Myungsoo sat next to Nicole and as he puts his seat belt on, he asks “Nice ride man…how much did it cost you?”

Minho laughs and replies “Too much.”

The ride to school was enjoyable and fun.  Ever since Minho had apologized to Myungsoo, he had become a part of their circle of friends.  Even though Myungsoo agreed to be his friend, there was still a part of him that didn’t trust him.  He secretly knew that Minho still had feelings for Nicole, but he had nothing to worry about because she made it very clear to him that she wasn’t interested in him.

As soon as they reach school, Myungsoo hops out of the car and helps Nicole out. 

“Thanks for the ride man!” Myungsoo shouted as he waves good-bye to Minho.

“Thank you Minho!” Nicole yells as Myungsoo pulls her away.

“No problem!  See you guys at lunch!” Minho cried as he waves good-bye to them.

“Bye Min!” Myungsoo and Nicole shouted.

“Bye!” Min yells as she waves good-bye to them.  She turns to look at Minho and says “Thanks for the ride Minho!  You’re the best!”

Minho smiles at her and replies “No sweat.  I’ll see you later…I have to catch up to Key before he heads to class.”

“See you!” Min cried waving good-bye to him.  In the corner of her eye, she saw Mir putting Lay into a head lock.  She giggles to herself as she made her way towards him.

“Yah…are you going on a diet or something?” questions Myungsoo observing her body.

Nicole laughs and shyly says “No…what makes you say that?”

“Don’t lie to me.” Myungsoo said as he wraps his left arm around her shoulder.

“I’m not!  I’m just watching what I eat…that’s all.  Do I look different?” Nicole asks.  

“You look a lot thinner.  How much did you lose this time?” Myungsoo ask firmly.

Nicole looks into his unfriendly eyes and sighs.  “I lost another 10 pounds.”

Myungsoo eyes widen.  “10 pounds?!  How much do you weigh now?”

Nicole twirls her fingers together and mumbles “135 pounds.”

“What?  I can’t hear you.” Myungsoo said leaning his face closer to hers.

Nicole knew he was going to kiss her so she quickly pecks him on his left cheek and replies “135 pounds.”

Myungsoo smiles and patted her head.  “Don’t lose any more weight…I like the way you are.”

“I know you do…but I’m doing this for myself.  I actually want to look and stay healthy.” Nicole explains.

“Sure you do…are you getting tired of me already…or do you have another man in your life?” Myungsoo teased.

“Yah!  How can you say that?!” Nicole cried as she lightly hits him on his chest. 

Myungsoo laughs as he pulls her in closer to him.  “I’m just messing you with…by the way…Happy 18th Birthday Cola.”

Nicole’s eyes brighten as she looks at him and smiles.  “Thanks!  Speaking of my birthday…what did you get me?”

Myungsoo scoffs and rolls his eyes at her.  “Not telling…”

“Why not?” Nicole pouted.  She gave him her puppy-look face.

“That’s not going to work on me…not today.” Myungsoo explains as he quickly looks away from her. 

“Darn it!” Nicole cried. 

“I’ll see you at lunch.” Myungsoo said giving her a quick kiss on her soft lips.

Nicole smiles at him and says “Bye.”

~Lunch~

“Yah!  What did you get Nicole for her birthday?” question Min.

“I’m not telling because you might tell Nicole.” Minho replies as he took a bite of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

“What makes you think I’m going to tell Nicole?  I don’t have a big mouth!” Min cried.

“Why don’t you tell me what you got her first…then I’ll tell you what I got her.” Minho said smiling.

Min made a face at Minho.  “Fine…I got her a huge Winnie the Pooh bear…there…I told you what I got her…now what did you get her?”

“I got her…” Minho trails off.

“You got her what?!” Min demanded.

“What are you screaming about Min?” Nicole asks as she pulls out a chair next to her.

Min’s eyes widen as Minho burst out laughing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter