Chapter 17-My Confession To You

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~February 1st~

Lunch time

“What’s all the commotion about?” Nicole asks as she pulls out a chair next to Min.  There were at least 100 students standing in line by the gymnasium door.  There was a huge white poster glued on one of the doors as students were taking turns writing their names on it.

Min turns to look at her and excitedly explains, “Didn’t you hear?  Our principal decided to have a Talent Show on Valentine’s Day!  Many students are signing up for it.”

“Wow…that sounds exciting.  Did you sign up for it?”

“Of course I did.  I’ll be dancing for the talent show because that’s my specialty.”

“Will you be popping and locking?”

“Yup…how did you know?”

“That’s because you’re good at it.”

“That’s true.”

“Do you know anyone else that sign up for it?”

“Hyuna, Hyorin, Amber, So Hee, Suzy, and Minho.  Those are the only ones that I know that sign up for it.”

“Choi Minho signed up for it too?”

“Yup…crazy huh?”

“What’s his talent going to be?”

“From what I heard…singing and rapping.”

“Singing and rapping huh?  That’s going to be interesting.  I can’t wait!”

“Hi guys!” Minho cheerfully said as he sat across from Nicole and Min.

“Hi Minho.” Min said smiling at him.

Nicole bows and greeted “Hello Minho.  Min just told me that you sign up for the talent show.”

“Yup…I’ll be singing and rapping…I hope you’ll cheer me on.”

Min made a face at him.  “What makes you think she’s going to cheer you on?  She’s going to cheer me on…right Nicole?”

Nicole laughs and says, “I will be cheering for the BOTH of you on.”

“What about me?” Suzy asks as she pulls a chair next to Minho.

Nicole gulps as she nervously looks at Min.  Ever since Suzy transfer to their school, she has gotten on Myungsoo’s nerves.  Suzy quickly became good friends with Hyuna and her crowd…but every day during lunch hour, she always wanted to sit with Min, Mir, Minho, Myungsoo, and her.  Minho didn’t mind having Suzy eating with them, but it annoyed everyone else.

“I-I-I…” Nicole trails off.

“What makes you think ANYONE is going to cheer YOU on?” Myungsoo growls as he pulls a chair next to Nicole.

“Yah!  No one ask for your opinion!  Can’t you sit somewhere else?!” Suzy shouted.

“Here we go again…” Min mumbles as students around them started staring at them.

“Now that you mention that, I think I will go sit somewhere else.” Myungsoo said as he got up from his chair.

Nicole quickly grabs his left hand and pouted, “Don’t you want to eat lunch with me?”

“I do…but not with this moron here.”

“Yah!  I’m not a moron you…you…hillbilly!”

“Can’t you two just shut up for once?  Why do you guys always have to fight?  Do you guys like making a big scene or something?” Mir said appearing out of nowhere.  He pulls up a chair next to Min and kissed her on the forehead.

“Just ignore her…” Nicole quietly said as she squeezes his hand. 

“Fine…” Myungsoo mumbles as he sits back down.

Everybody was eating their lunch quietly when Hyuna and Hyorin approaches their table.  Hyuna flashes Myungsoo a big smile and said “Hi Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo ignores her as he took a big sip of Nicole’s milk. 

Suzy glares at him.  “Yah!  You must really be deaf.  She said hi to you.”

Myungsoo ignores Suzy as he took a bite out of Nicole’s tuna sandwich. 

Suzy scoffs at him and smiles at Hyuna.  “What’s up?”

“Not much…did you hear that whoever wins the Talent Show will get $1,000.00 in cash with a $200.00 gift card to the Fox River Mall?”

Nicole’s eyes widen as she couldn’t believe what Hyuna just said.  She was extremely low on cash and winning $1,000.00 would definitely help her out a lot.   

“If you ask me…that’s not even a lot.” Hyorin complains.

“What are you talking about?  You must be crazy because $1,000.00 in cash and $200.00 gift card to the Fox River Mall IS a lot!” Min exclaims.

“Only poor people think it’s a lot.” Hyorin said.

“Do you even know what it’s like to earn your own money?” Myungsoo snarls.

“No...I don’t…that’s why I have mommy and daddy.  They pay for all my expenses.  I have absolutely nothing to worry about.” Hyorin answers.  Hyuna smiles and nodded in agreement with her.

“Do you have any talent Nicole?” Hyuna sarcastically ask.

Nicole looks at Hyuna and smiles.  “Of course.”

Suzy raised her left eye brow up.  “Why don’t you sign up for the Talent Show then?  Why hide it if you’re good at something?”

Hyuna and Hyorin started laughing.  Suzy looks at them dumbfounded.  “What?  Did I say something funny?”

Nicole bit her lips as she glares at Hyuna.  She knew exactly why Hyuna and Hyorin were laughing.  They thought she had no talent at all.  She’ll show them!

After lunch was over, Nicole walks towards the gymnasium doors with Myungsoo following close behind.  She scans the entire students name on the poster and sighs to herself.  There were many talented students that already sign up for the Talent Show and she knew her chances of winning were slim.  But it didn’t hurt to try right?  She quickly signs her name on the poster and smiled to herself.   

“Why are you signing up for the Talent Show?” Myungsoo suddenly asks.

Nicole turns around and smiles widely at him.  “I want to show everyone what my hidden talents are.”

Myungsoo tilt his head to the side.  “What other talents do you have besides cooking?”

Nicole let out a small laugh and replies, “Singing, rapping, and dancing.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yup.”

“How come I have never seen you sing, rap, or dance before?”

“You’ve seen me dancing before.”

“When?”

“Homecoming night…remember?”

“You were just swinging your body side-to-side.  That’s not dancing.”

“Trust me Myungsoo…I can dance.”

“What about singing and rapping?  I have never heard you do any of that while growing up.”

“Just because you never seen me sing or rap, that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to do any of that.  Why are you so worried?”

“I-I-I just don’t want other guys to be checking you out.  You’re MINE!”

Nicole giggles as she wraps her arms around his neck.  “You have nothing to worry about Myungsoo.”

“Do you know how much it bothers me when guys talk about you?”

“They do?  What do they say?”

“Do you really want to know?”

“Of course…why not?”

“Some say they want to get into your pants…and some say they plan on stealing you away from me.”

“Are you serious?  Well..first of all, I would never let anyone inside my pants.  Second of all, no one can ever steal me away from you.  I’m madly in love with you.  And third, what happen to the confident Myungsoo that I knew?  When did you become so insecure?”

“I don’t know…I honestly don’t know.”

Nicole kissed him lightly on the lips.  “I love you Kim Myungsoo…and ONLY you.”

Myungsoo smiled as he returns the kiss.  “I love you too Cola.”

~February 7th~

“Have you seen Nicole lately?” Min asks as she walks home with Myungsoo.

Myungsoo shook his head yes.  “She’s busy practicing for the Talent Show.  Why?”

Min shrugs her shoulders.  “Honestly, I was very surprised that she sign up for it.  Weren’t you?”

“I was…but she said she has some hidden talents…so…I guess we’ll have to wait and see.”

“I have never heard her sing, rap, or dance...and I do wish her the best of luck.”

“How is your dance routine coming along?”

“Very good!  I met up with my long-time friend Hyoyeon, and she has been helping me with some of the dance moves.”

“Do you think you’re going to win?”

“I would like to...but when I saw how many talented students sign up for it, I think I might end up in the top 5.”

“You’ll always be number one for me when it comes to dancing…remember that.”

“Oh…thank you Myungsoo!  That means a lot to me!  By the way…what did you get Nicole for Valentine’s Day?”

“I didn’t get her anything yet.”

“What?!  Don’t tell me you’re going to wait until the last minute?”

“I don’t have enough money to buy her gift.”

“Omo!  Is her gift is expensive?”

“Yup.”

“Why don’t you borrow money from your mom?”

“Nope…I rather earn my own money than borrow money from my mom…or anyone.”

“How short are you on cash for her gift?”

“About $100.00.”

“Wow…how are you going to come up with that much money in a week?”

“I’ll be picking up some over-time at work this week.”

“That means you won’t be able to spend any time with Nicole.”

“She’ll understand…besides…she’s too busy practicing for the Talent Show.  I don’t want to bother her.”

“Did she tell you what song she is singing and dancing to?”

“Nope…she wouldn’t tell me.  She said it was a surprise.  Honestly…I’m really looking forward to it.”

Min beams, “Me too!  I am so excited!”

~February 14th (Valentine’s Day)~

“Hi Myungsoo!” Min shouted as she approaches him.  “Where’s Nicole?”

“Nicole said she’ll be meet us at school.” Myungsoo answers as he starts walking.  Truthfully, he was feeling lonely without Nicole by his side.

Min scratches her neck and slowly follows him.  “That’s strange…it seems like she’s avoiding us...don’t you think so?”

Myungsoo bit his lower lip.  “Who knows?”

“Yah!  Is something wrong?  Haven’t you been talking to Nicole?”

“………”

“Are you going to answer me or what?”

“……..”

“Well?”

“No…I haven’t really spoken to her.”

“What?!  Did you guys get into a fight?”

“No.”

“Did you guys break up?”

“NO!”

“You don’t have to shout…geez.”

“Sorry.”

“Didn’t you see her at all last week in school?”

“I saw her here and there, but I didn’t get a chance to talk to her.”

“Do you think she’s avoiding you?”

“No.”

“What makes you say that?”

“If she was avoiding me, she wouldn’t be kissing me every day after school when her mom picks her up.”

“Oh…I see.”

“Have YOU spoken to her?”

“No…I have been too busy practicing my dance routine with Hyoyeon.  Well...hopefully we’ll see her at lunch.”

“Yeah…hopefully.” Myungsoo gloomily said.  The truth was that he missed her terribly.  He hardly saw her and whenever he wanted to hang out, she was either too busy or too tired.  He was secretly praying for the Talent Show to be over with so he could spend more time with her. 

~Lunch~

“What’s up man?” Minho said smiling at a sulking Myungsoo.

Myungsoo sighs and says, “Not much.  Are you ready for your performance today?”

Minho nodded his head yes.  “I’m aiming to win first place.”

Myungsoo scoffs and smirks.  “Why are so competitive?  Winning isn’t everything.”

Minho laughs out loud.  “Welll...winning IS everything to me!”

“What h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter