Chapter 21- The New Couple

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Lunch time~

“Nicole?  Are you okay?” Min asks worriedly.  From the looks on Nicole’s sad face something must of happen when she went over to Myungsoo house last night. 

Nicole stared at her food not answering her. 

“Yah!  Jung Nicole!” Min cried as she slams her hand on the table.

Nicole finally looks up at Min with her teary eyes and quietly said, “Myungsoo…broke up with me last night.”

“WHAT?!” Min gasps in disbelief. 

Tears were now falling down her cheeks as she quickly wipes them away.  Min grabs her by the hand and pulls her out of the cafeteria.  Once they were outside of the school building Min cried, “What happen?”

Nicole burst out crying as she hugs her tightly.  “He…he…he…”

Min patted her back lightly and said, “Shhhhh…its okay Nicole…its okay.  I’m here for you…shhhh.”

After five minutes of crying, Nicole finally let go of Min and gives her a sniffs.

“Myungsoo…is moving to London on the last day of school.”

“What?  How…how did this happen?  Why?  Omo…”

“His dad has cancer…he’s already in London for treatment.  Something must have happen when he was in London during spring break, but he wouldn’t tell me.  When he found out that he was moving…he…he said we were better off being friends.  I tried to reason with him, but he told me that he didn’t want to give me hope because he didn’t know when he was coming back.”

“That bastard!  No wonder why he has been acting like a jack- towards us!”

“He also said he still wants to be friends with me…but how can I be friends with him if I still have strong feelings for him Min?  How?  I-I-I don’t know what to do.”

“Have you tried talking to him?”

“No…I haven’t seen him yet.”

“I’m so sorry Nicole.” Min said hugging her.  “I can’t believe he would break up with you.”

Nicole sniffs and weakly said, “I don’t think I’m going to prom.”

“What?  Are you serious Nicole?  No way!  You can’t miss prom!  It’s our senior year!  Prom is the most important part of High School!  It’s supposed to be memorable!”

“How can it be memorable if Myungsoo isn’t going with me?  I…”

“Well… why don’t you ask him to be your date for prom?  Friends can go to prom together.”   

“What happens if he says no?”

“If he says no, then it’s his loss.  I know plenty of guys that don’t have dates for prom yet.”

“But…”

“No buts!  It’s his loss for letting you go.  Honestly…it seems like he has given up on you guys already.”

“Hm…that’s funny how you say that because I told him the same thing last night.  He said long distance relationships don’t work out.”

Min scoffs and crossed her arms.  “That seems like an excuse to me.  If he really loved you, he wouldn’t break up with you.  He would have done everything he could to save your relationship.”

“You’re right…but he already made up his mind.  I guess being friends with him is better than not having him as a friend.”

“He’s a crappy friend if you ask me.” Min mutters to herself. 

“Do you hate him Min?”

“Yes.  I hate him because he treats us like we’re not his friends and he made you cry.  Friends are supposed to help each other, but he likes to keep everything to himself.  How are we supposed to help him if he doesn’t tell us anything?  Do you hate him?”

“No…I don’t hate him.”

“What?  Are you serious?  Why?  He broke your heart!  He made you cry!  How can you not hate him?”

“I’m a very forgiving person Min…you know that.”

Min made a face at her and scoffs.  “You’re too nice of a person Nicole.”

Nicole bit her lips as she looks away from her.  “I know…”

“Come on…let’s go back to the cafeteria.  I’m getting hungry.” Min said pulling her arm back inside the school.

Nicole nodded her head and slowly follows her.  “Min?”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For listening to me…you’re the best.”

“You’re welcome Nicole.  You know I’ll always be here for you.  That’s what friends are for.”

Nicole smiled as she links arms with her and walk towards their lunch table. 

“Hi guys!” Mir happily shouted as he waves his hands at them.

Min smiles and waves back, “Hey babe!”

Minho looks up and noticed that Nicole’s eyes were puffy.  She sat across from him and didn’t make eye contact with anyone.

“Nicole?” Minho quietly asks.

“Yeah?” Nicole replied without looking at him. 

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?  If something is bothering you, you can talk to me.”

“……..”

Mir raised his left eye brow up and gave Min a weird look.  “Um…is there something we should know?”

Before Min could say anything, Myungsoo pulls out a chair next to Nicole and coldly said, “What’s there to know?”

Nicole turns her head and looks up at Myungsoo.  She tried to smile at him but ended up biting her lips together and quickly looks over at Min for help.  Didn’t he know how hard it was for her to control her feelings towards him?  How was she supposed to be his friend when she still loved him?

“Um…” Min trails off.  She nervously looks at Nicole and wasn’t sure what to say.

“Hi Myungsoo!” Suzy shouted as she pulls a chair out next to Minho.

Myungsoo scoffs and leans his body towards Suzy.  “Why do you like me so much Suzy?”

Suzy apparently was surprised by his question as her eyes grew wide.  “I…”

“Do you think I’m cute?”

“You’re not just cute…you’re handsome.” Suzy said winking at him.

Myungsoo raised his left eye brow up and smirks, “Really?  What else?”

“You act like a bad boy…but truthfully you’re actually a good boy.”

“Is that so?”

“Yup.”

“Am I that attracted to you?”

“Hell yeah you are!”

“Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

“What?!” Min shouted as she glares at him.

Minho choked on his sandwich as he started coughing.  He quickly took a sip of his water and stared at Myungsoo with his mouth wide open.  What the hell is going on?  Wasn’t Nicole his girlfriend?  Why would he ask Suzy to be his girlfriend?  Something is definitely wrong here.

Mir raised his right eye brow up and smirks, “Yah…you’re kidding right?  It’s too early for an April Fool’s joke.”

Nicole gasps as she looks at Myungsoo with a surprised look.  She felt like he had stabbed her in the heart with a sharp knife.  Was he just messing with Suzy?  It hasn’t even been 24 hours since he broke up with her and he’s already asking someone else to be his girlfriend?  How could he be so cruel to her?

Suzy quickly looks at Nicole and questions, “Aren’t you guys dating?  I thought…”

“Nicole and I are just friends.  I broke up with her last night…so…do you want to date me or not?” Myungsoo coldly asks not looking at Nicole. 

“Yes!” Suzy squeals with happiness.  “Omo!  You don’t know how much I have been wishing for you to be my boyfriend!”

Nicole q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter