Chapter 25-I'm Back

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nicole?” A familiar voice said.

Nicole slowly opens up her eyes as she saw Minho staring at her with a worried expression on his face.

“Minho?  Where am I?”

“You’re in the school nurse office.  You fainted.”

“I did?”

“Yeah…and Myungsoo was the one who carried you here.” Minho said with jealousy and anger.

Myungsoo?  She looks at Minho and asks, “Is…is he okay?”

Minho gave her a weird look and replied, “Um…why do you ask?”

“Is he okay or not?” Nicole snaps.

Minho scratches his neck and answers, “Yeah…he’s fine.  Why?”

Nicole let out a sigh of relief as she closed her eyes.  Thank heavens!

“Nicole…what were you doing up on top of the school roof?” Minho nervously asks. 

“I wanted to get some fresh air.”

“Oh…I see.  I text you earlier, but you didn’t text back.  Why?”

Nicole bit her bottom lip.  Should she tell him the truth?   “I…”

“Nicole Jung, you’re finally up.  Your mom is on her way to pick you up.” The school nurse interrupted.

“What?  Why did you call my mom?” Nicole cried as she slaps her forehead.  Great!  Now her mom was going to throw a big fit! 

“Nurse, is it alright if I stay here with Nicole until her mom picks her up?  I don’t want her to be alone.” Minho asks.

“That’s fine with me.” The nurse replied as she walks out of the room.

“Thank you.” Minho said as he sat down on the bed.  He held Nicole’s right hand and gave it a small squeeze.  Why did he feel sad all of a sudden?

Nicole must have realized his sad face because she sat up from the bed and wrapped both of her arms around his shoulders and stared into his dark chocolate brown eyes.

“What’s wrong Minho?”

“I’m just scared…that’s all.”

“Scared?  Why are you scared?  Look, if you think I was going to jump off the roof, you’re crazy.  I wouldn’t anything stupid like that.  I…”

“I’m scared that you’re going to leave me for Myungsoo.” Minho cuts her off.

Nicole’s eyes widen as she gasps.  “What?  Why would you say something like that?”

“I don’t know…” Minho mumbles.

Nicole leans her head towards him and kissed him softly on his lips.  He returns the kiss as he wraps his arms around her tiny waist.  After a few minutes of kissing, she slowly pulls back and leans her head on his left shoulder. 

“Minho…I’ll never leave you.”

“What happens if you do?”

“I’ll only leave you if you cheat on me, hit me, or me.”

Minho let out a small laugh.  “ you?  I would never do that!  I can’t believe you would say something like that!”

Nicole giggled as she lifts her head up.  She kissed him on his left cheek and said, “I got you to laugh!”

Minho scoffs as he grins at her.  “What happens if you re-gain your memory?  Would you still leave me?”

Nicole thought for a minute and shook her head no.  “What makes you think I’m going to leave you once I re-gain my memory?”

Before Minho could answer her, her mom came running through the door.  He quickly step aside as her mom hugged her tightly.  “Nicole!  Are you okay?  How’s your head?  Are you feeling any pain anywhere?”

Nicole groans as she says, “Mom…calm down.  I’m fine.  And please knock on the door next time.  I hate it when you barge in like that.”

“Young lady!  Why do you always have to talk back to me?  You were never like this!” Her mom cried as tears started forming into her eyes.  “I’m your mother.  I’m worried about you.”

“I’m perfectly fine.  See?  I’m not hurt anywhere.  I really don’t want to go home.  I want to stay and finish school for the rest of the day.”

Her mom quickly looks at Minho for some help as he nodded his head. 

“Nicole, I think it’s better if you go home and rest.  I’ll bring your homework over tonight.”

“Are you serious?  Why are you siding with my mom?  You’re my boyfriend!  You should be siding with me.” Nicole pouted as she gave him a sad face.

God…she is so darn cute.  He couldn’t resist her sad face so he quickly said, “Ms. Kim, if it’s alright with you, will you please allow Nicole to stay for the rest of the afternoon?  I promise you I’ll take good care of her and I’ll make sure she’s home before dinner time.”

“Please mommy?  Please?  Please?  Please?”

Her mom let out a heavy sigh and narrows her eyes at Nicole.  “Fine…but I want you home before 6:00pm.”

“What?!  That’s too early!  Are you serious?” Nicole cried as she looks at Minho for some desperate help.

Minho avoided looking at Nicole as he pretended to scratch his eyes.

“Young lady, it’s either you be home before 6:00pm or you leave with me right now.” Her mom said sternly.

“Fine.” Nicole mutters.  “I’ll be home at 6:00pm.”

Her mom sighs and looks at Minho.  “If she is not home by 6:00pm, you will be in big trouble.”

Minho nodded his head and said, “I understand.”

After school

“Hi sweetie.  Are you ready to go?” Minho asks as he hugs Nicole from behind.

Nicole giggled as she nodded her head yes.  “Can we get some ice cream?”

“Sure…anything for you princess.”

“Thank you oppa!” Nicole happily cried as she claps her hands together.

Minho laughs as he wraps his arm around her shoulder.  He led her towards his car when she suddenly stops.

“What’s wrong Nicole?”

“Yah!  Kim Myungsoo!” Nicole shouted as she saw him walking towards his car.

Myungsoo purposely ignores her and continues walking.

“Yah!” Nicole screams louder.

Minho quickly grabs Nicole by her arm and pulls her back.  “Nicole…let’s go.  He’s not worth your time.”

“Minho…I want to talk to him for a couple of minutes.”

“Why?” Minho questions as he tried not to raise his voice.

“Please…I’ll be right back.” Nicole pleaded giving him the puppy look face.

Minho sighs as he slowly let go of her arm.  “Promise me you won’t kiss him?”

Nicole laughs as she quickly kissed him on the lips.  “I promise.  Wait for me in the car…I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

“Alright…I’ll wait for you.”

“Thanks oppa.”  Nicole said as she runs after Myungsoo.  “Yah!  Kim Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo finally stops and turns around to look at her.  “What do you want?”

Nicole ignores his ignorance and asks, “First of all, I want to thank you for carrying me to the nurse office.  Second of all, how are you feeling?  During lunch hour, I saw you lying on the ground at the top of the school building and I thought you were dead.”

She still cares about me!  Myungsoo happily thought to himself.  He tried not to smile as he coldly says, “Did it ever occur to you that maybe I was just sleeping?”

Nicole made a face at him.  “I tried waking you up but you didn’t make a sound.  Then I heard your heart beating really fast and I thought you were having a heart attack so I…”

“You what?”

Nicole could feel herself blushing as she couldn’t finish her last sentence. Omo!  What was wrong with her?  How come all of a sudden she was feeling fluster around him?

“You what?” Myungsoo repeated himself.

“I…I…never mind!” Nicole quickly said as she looks away from him.

“If you have nothing else to say to me, please get out of my way.  Your boyfriend is waiting for you.” Myungsoo coldly said as he brushes past her.

“Wait!” Nicole quickly shouted.

Myungsoo stops walking but doesn’t turn around.  “What now?”

“Um…before I out, I saw a quick flashback of my memory.  You were singing Happy Birthday to me.” Nicole quietly said.

Myungsoo quickly turns around as his eyes widen.  She was starting to re-gain some of her memories back!   

“Nicole…do you remember anything else?” Myungsoo nervously asks.

Nicole scratches her head and replied, “That’s all I remember.  Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Ah…I…well…um…” Nicole mumbles.

“Spit it out.” Myungsoo demanded.

“Did we date before?” Nicole blurted out.

Myungsoo crossed his arms in front of his chest.  “Why do you want to know?”

“Answer the question.”

“Yeah…we did.”

Why is my heart feeling so happy right now?  Nicole thought to herself as she started rubbing her chest with her right hand.

Myungsoo must have noticed it too and asked, “Yah…are you okay?  Does your chest hurt?”

“No…no…I’m just feeling…” Nicole trails off.

“Feeling what?” Myungsoo asks as he takes a few steps towards her. 

They were now standing an inch away from each other.  Her heart started pounding like crazy as she stares into his cold frosty eyes.

“I’m feeling really happy right now…just standing next to you…I don’t know why…but that’s just how I’m feeling.” Nicole replied as her face started to turn pink.

Myungsoo leans his face towards her and whispers, “Do you still love me?”

Nicole’s eyes widen as she takes a few steps back from him.  “What did you just say?”

“I said…do you still love me?” Myungsoo repeated himself.

“Why would you ask such a silly question like that?”

“Answer the question.”

“I…”

Beep!  Beep!  Beep!

“Nicole!” Minho shouted as his head was sticking out of the window.  “Your mom is on the phone.  She wants to talk to you!”

“I’m coming!” Nicole shouted back.  As she turns around to give Myungsoo an answer he was nowhere to be found.  Where the hell did he go? 

She looks around she saw a car zooming out of the parking lot with Suzy screaming, “Yah!  Kim Myungsoo!” 

Why did he leave like that?  Didn’t he know I was going to give him an answer?  Feeling a little disappointed, she started walking back towards Minho’s car.

Prom (April 30th)

“Omo!  You girls look beautiful!” Min’s mom squeals as she enters Min’s room.

“Thanks mom.” Min said smiling at her.

Nicole giggled.  “Thank you.”

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

“Our dates are here!” Min squeaks as she quickly puts her shoes on.  “How do I look?”

“You look gorgeous!” Nicole said smiling.  “What about me?”

“And you look extremely pretty!  Minho is definitely going to fall head over heels for you!”

“Thank you Min.” Nicole giggled as she puts her dress shoes on. 

“Hello boys.  Please come in.” Min’s dad greeted as he led the Minho and Mir into the living room.

Min squeezed Nicole’s hand and whispers, “Are you ready?”

“I’ve been ready.” Nicole excitedly whispers back.

Both girls walked into the living as Min’s dad was giving the boys a hard time.

“I expect you boys to bring the girls home no later than 1:00am.  If they’re not here, I’m going to hunt you guys down.”

“Dad!  You’re embarrassing us…especially me.” Min pouted she playfully hits him on his right shoulder.

Min’s dad frowns at her and then turns his attention back to the boys.  “I’m serious.  I’m going to have my shot gun ready too.”

“Honey…please don’t scare their dates like that.” Min’s mom said coming to the rescue.  She pulled him away as she winks at the boys.  “You boys look very handsome.  Please make sure the girls are home by 1:00am.”

Mir and Minho nodded their head yes.  As soon as her parents left the living room, Mir slowly walks up to Min and stutters, “Yo-you…ah…I mean…you look beautiful.”

“Thank you Mir!  And you look as handsome as ever.” Min said giving him a kiss on his left cheek.

Minho couldn’t take his eyes off Nicole as he looks her up and down.  He could feel his heart beating with happiness as he smiled at her.

“Well…since you’re too busy staring at my body, I think you hot in that tuxe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter