Chapter One-Our first meeting

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh look honey!  Your new neighbors are moving in!  And they have a little boy!  He looks so adorable!  Hm…he looks around your age too!  Let’s go say hello to them and welcome them to our neighbor,” my mom said.

I ran up to my mom carrying my cola bear and peep through the kitchen window.  The little boy did look like he was around my age, but he had a cold expression on his face abd he didn’t seem very friendly at all.

“Mommy…he looks mean,” I said gripping on her hand.

My mom looks down at me and lightly pinch my chubby cheeks, “Sweetheart, you should never judge a person base on their “looks” okay?  Never assume and always give them a chance.  I want you to be on your best behavior or else I won’t buy you any chocolate for the rest of the week.” 

I nodded my head yes as we walked out of our house.  As soon we approached our new neighbors, my mom happily greeted them, “Hello!  Welcome to our neighbor!  My name is Shirley Kim and this is my daughter Jung Yong Joo.”

“Oh my!  What a cute little girl you have!” the lady squeals as she smiles at me.  The little boy stood behind his mother and stared at me with his frosty cold eyes.

I smile back and bow my head, “Hello!  My name is Jung Yong Joo…but please call me Nicole.”

“How old are you?” the unfriendly boy question.

“I’m 8.  How old are you?” I asked.

The unfriendly boy look at me up and down and scoffs, I’m 7.”

“Oh!  You call me noona then!” I cried happily.

“Why are you so fat?” he asked.

How dare he call her fat!  Tears started to drip down my face as I sob out loud, “Mommy!  He is mean!  I want to go home!”

His mom smacked her son across his head, “Kim Myungsoo!  You be nice!  Apologize to her right now!”

So that was his name.  Kim Myungsoo I thought as I waited for him to apologize.

Myungsoo made a face at me and shouted, “No!  I’m not going to say sorry to her.  It’s the truth!  I have never seen anyone as fat as her.  You have a funny name too!”

I let go of my mom's hand and threw my cola bear at him, “I hate you!”

I ran back home and ran straight into my bedroom.  I slamed the door and ran straight into my tiny closet.  Kim Myungsoo was the first boy to ever call her fat.  I cried my eyes out in my dark closet until I heard my mom knocking on the door.

“Nicole?  Honey?  Are you okay?” 

I didn’t answer her and kept sniffing.  I heard her open my bedroom door and I could see her footsteps walking towards the closet.  She slowly open up the closet door and found me curled up in the corner.

“Aw…honey…come here," she said pulling me out from the closet. 

“Mommy…why am I fat?  And do I really have a funny name?” I asked sniffing.

My mom pulled me into a tight hug and replied, “Sweetheart, don’t cry.  You are not fat…you’re just chubby.  And you do not have a funny name either.  Kim Myungsoo will be coming over for dinner tonight to apologize to you.  He hurt your feelings and he felt bad about it.” 

I immediately stop crying and gave her a tiny smile.   

“Dry up your tears and change into some different clothes.  I am going to start making dinner," her mom said.

I nodded my head, “Okay mommy.” 

~1 Hour Later~

Ding Dong!

“Nicole, can you please get the door!” her mom shouted from the kitchen.

“Okay mommy!” I screamed out loud.  I ran out of the living room and towards the front door. 

I tiptoe through the small glass window and saw Kim Myungsoo and his mom.  The sight of him made her mad.  How dare he calls her fat and say that she had a funny name!  If it wasn’t for her mom inviting them over for dinner, I would have never allowed them inside their house. 

I opened the door and smile at them, “Hello!”

His mom greeted me back in return meanwhile Myungsoo just stood there frowning at me.  She waited patiently for him to greet me back and when he didn’t; his mom pinch him by his left ear.

“AW!!!!  Um...hello.” Myungsoo mumbles.

“Ahem…don’t you have something else to say Myungsoo?” his mom asked giving him an evil eye.

“Jung Nicole, I am sorry that I call you fat.” Myungsoo mutters as he continues to frown at me while rubbing his left ear.

“And?” his mom demanded.

Myungsoo bit his lower lip and quietly mutters, “And I’m sorry that I said you have a funny name.”

I gave him my cutest smile and said, “Your apology is accepted!  Please come in!  I will show you to our dining room!”

Myungsoo and his mom walk into our house as I closed the door. 

“Please follow me," I instructed as I led them towards our kitchen.

“Don’t touch anything Myungsoo!  Behave yourself!” his mom snarled.

Myungsoo waited until his mom look away before he rolled his eyes at her.  He wasn’t dreaming on touching anything in this house.  It was full of cooties and he didn’t want any of it! 

When they reach the dining room, Myungsoo drop his mouth wide open.  In the middle of the dining room was a table full of yummy food.  There were fried chicken wings, BBQ ribs, pork chops, Chinese rice, and mash potatoes.  There were 4 chairs around the table and I smiled at Myungsoo and his mom. 

“Please have a seat.  What would you guys like to drink?” I politely asked.

“Do you have any soda?” Myungsoo blurted out.

“Myungsoo!” his mom yells.

“What?  She asked us what we wanted to drink.  I want soda.” Myungsoo pouted.

“Sweetheart, water is fine for the both of us.  Thank you.” his mom said glaring at him.

I giggled nodded my head.  I went into the kitchen and grab 2 w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter