Chapter 15-A New Rival

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~New Year’s Eve 1:00pm~

“Nicole…can you please wait on table 5.” her mom asks.

“Yes mom.” Nicole happily said.  New Year’s Eve was a busy day for them at her mom’s Korean BBQ restaurant Aura: The Grill. 

Nicole found table 5 filled with 4 handsome young men in their early 20’s.  As she approaches them she bows and cheerfully greeted “Hello!  My name is Nicole Jung and I’m going to be your waitress for today.  Can I start you guys with something to drink?  We have Coke products...”

“How’s it going?” one of the handsome guy cuts her off.

Nicole looks up from her paper and saw Kim Sang Bum smiling at her.  Omo! 

“My savior!” Nicole accidently shouted.  She quickly covers as all of his friends started laughing.

All of his friends turns to look at him and grins. 

“Savior?  What is this?” one of his friend smirks.

“Aren't you going to introduce us to your cute friend here Kim Bum?” his other friend asks looking her up and down.

“She’s hot!” the taller friend gushed.

Nicole could feel herself blushing as she heard all of those comments.  She wasn't used to having many guys complimenting her. 

Kim Sang Bum let out a small laugh and said “Nicole, these are my best friends Lee Min Ho, Jung II Woo, and Kim Hyun-Joong.  Guys…this is Nicole Jung…the little high school girl that I saved on Halloween.”

Jung II Woo eyes widen as he says “You’re really cute!  It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Nicole blushes again and stutters “I-It’s very nice to meet you too.”

“How adorable…she’s stuttering!” Lee Min Ho said smiling at her.

Kim Hyun-Joong took his right hand out for a hand shake.  “Hello…it’s very nice to meet you.” 

Surprisingly Nicole shook his hand and said “Hi…it’s nice to meet you too.”

“Too bad you’re still in high school…otherwise I would take you out for dinner.” Lee Min Ho teased.

Kim Sang Bum rolls his eyes at him and said "Knock it off you playboy!"

Nicole clears and quickly changes the subject.  “So…what kind of drinks would you guys like to order?”

“I would like a glass of water please.” Kim Hyun-Joong said.

Lee Min Ho smiles and says  “A diet coke for me.”

“Make that 2 Diet Cokes.” Jung II Woo quickly added.

“As for me…I’ll have a Mello Yellow.” Kim Sang Bum replied winking at her.

Nicole quickly wrote down their drink orders and repeated it back to them “Okay…one glass of water, 2 Diet Cokes, and one Mellow Yellow.  Did you guys need time to look over the menu or are you guys ready to order?”

“I think we’re ready to order.” Kim Hyun-Joong quickly replies.

Nicole smiles at him and asks “Okay…what would you like sir?”

“I would like to order a large House Fried Rice.” Kim Hyun-Joong answers.

“And I would like you to be my date for tonight.” Lee Min Ho said winking at her.

Nicole blushes as she giggles “I’m sorry...you're not my type...however…if you’re really considering dating a minor, I can introduce you to some of my classmates?”

All 3 guys started laughing at Min Ho as his face flushes with embarrassment.  “Never mind...I think I'll pass."

Jung II Woo stops laughing and says “I would like to order a grill cheese sandwich with French fries.”

Nicole quickly scribbles down his order and turns to look at Kim Sang Bum.  “And what would you like sir?”

“What is the best food in the house?”

Nicole shyly replies “I would say the triple fudge chocolate peanut butter ice cream brownie cake.”

Lee Min Ho made a face.  “That’s too much sweet!  I don’t think my tooth would be able to handle all of that!”

Kim Sang Bum smiles and said “Order me that.”

Nicole nodded her head and turns to look at Lee Min Ho and asks “And…did you figure out what you wanted to order sir?”

“Yeah…I would like the grill chicken patty sandwich with a bowl of chicken soup please.”

“Awesome!  Your food will be up shortly.  Thank you!” Nicole happily said.

~1 hour later~

After Kim Sang Bum and his friends paid for their meals, they started heading out the door when Kim Sang Bum suddenly turns around and shouted “Hey Nicole!”

Nicole turns around and smiles.  “Yes?”

“Do you have any plans tonight?”

"As a matter of fact I do."

"Really?  What are you doing then?"

"Um...Myungsoo is picking me up after work and we're going to my friend's Min's house to celebrate New Year's Eve together...why?"

"Oh...I see.  It was nice seeing you again...take care of yourself." Kim Sang Bum sadly said as he turns to walk away.

"Bye Kim Sang Bum." 

~7:00pm~

"Bye mom!  I'm leaving!" Nicole shouted as she waves to her mom.

"Bye honey!  I'll see you later tonight!" her mom cried as she waves good-bye.

Nicole waves good-bye back to her mom as she walks out of the restaurant.  She looks around for Myungsoo but he was nowhere to be found.  She waits patiently for him as she smiles to herself thinking how lucky she was to have him as her boyfriend.

30 minutes later

“Hey…this is Myungsoo…I can’t come to the phone right now…so leave a message if you want me to call you back.”  Beep!

“Yah!  Kim Myungsoo!  Why aren’t you picking up your phone?  Where are you?  Are you okay?  You’re dead meat when I see you!” Nicole shouted at her cell phone.  She had left at least 20 messages in his voicemail and sent him over 50 texts messages.

Nicole shoves her phone into her purse and mutters “I’m so mad at you right now…”

“Looks like my little brother forgot about you huh?” a husky voice said nearby.

Nicole looks up and saw a smiling Kim Sang Bum standing a few feet away from her.  Omo…he was just handsome as Myungsoo! 

“What are you doing here?  Are you here to eat again?” Nicole questions.

Kim Sang Bum laughs and shook his head no.  “I was driving by and I noticed a beautiful girl standing alone by herself.”

Nicole blushes as she mutters “I’m not beautiful…quit teasing me.”

“You are to me…anyways…why don’t you try calling him?”

Nicole sighs and says “I tried…but he’s not picking up his cell phone.”

“Do you need a ride home?” Kim Sang Bum asks.  “I can give you a lift if you want?”

Nicole shook her head no and replies “Thanks…but no thanks.  I think I’ll wait for another half hour…if he doesn’t show up…I’m going to walk home.  I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

Kim Sang Bum crossed his arms and said “Are you insane?  Do you REALLY want to walk home by yourself?  Do you want to be attack by thugs again?”

Nicole's eyes widen as soon as he mentions the word "thugs."

“Hm…you do have a good point there.”

“Let’s make a deal here.  If my little brother doesn’t show up in a half hour, I will drive you home...okay?"

"Um..."

"Yah...didn't you say earlier that I was your savior?"

Nicole could feel her face burning up.  “Yeah…but…”

“No buts…if he doesn’t show up…I’m taking you home…end of story.”

Nicole scoffs.  “You’re definitely Myungsoo’s older brother.”

Kim Sang Bum let out a small laugh.  “What makes you say that?”

“You’re stubborn, demanding, and very bossy.”

“Thanks…I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“You’re welcome!”

~8:00pm~

“Well…he’s not here…let’s go.” Kim Sang Bum said as he walks towards a yellow Lexus Super Sports car.

Nicole’s eyes widen as she saw him opens up the passenger door.  “I-Is that your car?”

Kim Sang Bum shook his head yes and laughs.  “Are you coming or not?”

Nicole gulps and looks around one last time hoping Myungsoo would pop out of the corner somewhere. 

“Don’t make me come over there and pick you up.” Kim Sang Bum said smiling. 

Nicole scoffs and crossed her arms.  “You wouldn’t!”  The minute she said that she had wished she hadn't, because he walk towards her with a big grin on his face.

“Yah!” Nicole yelps as he picks her up bridal style.  “Put me down!”

Kim Sang Bum laughs as he carries her back towards his car.  “You’re heavy!” he teased.

Nicole’s face reddens and cried “Shut up!  I know I am…now put me down!”

“I’ll put you down only if you promise to get in the car.” Kim Sang Bum said as he winks at her.

Nicole quickly looks away and mutters “Fine…”

Kim Sang Bum smiles and gently puts her down.  Nicole sighs as she slowly climbs into his car.  He hops into his car and drives them away. 

Nicole took her cell phone out and notices that her battery had run out. 

“Is something wrong?” Kim Sang Bum questions as he looks over at her.

“My cell phone is dead.”

“Do you need to make a phone call?”

“I do.”

“Here…you can use mine.”

“Thank you.”

Nicole quickly dials Min’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hi Min!  It’s Nicole.”

“Nicole?  Yah!  Whose phone are you using?  And where is your phone?”

“My cell phone is dead and I’m borrowing Kim Sang Bum’s phone.”

“Kim Sang Bum?  Omo!  Do you mean Myungsoo’s older brother?”

“Yes…Myungsoo’s older brother…anyways…is Myungsoo at your house?”

“No…why?”

“That’s strange…he was supposed to pick me up at 7:00pm but he never showed up.”

“Why don’t you call him?”

“I tried!  He’s not picking up!  Do you think something might have happen to him?”

“Yah!  Calm down.  I’ll go over to his house and see if he’s home.  I’ll call you back on Kim Sang Bum’s phone okay?”

“Thank you so much Min!”

“Alright…I’m gonna let you go.  I’ll talk to you in a little bit.”

“Okay…bye.”

~One minute later~

“Hello?”

“Nicole?”

“Yeah?  Is he there?”

“No…his mom said he left at 6:30pm to pick you up.”

“What?!  He never showed up!  Min…I’m scared!  Do you think something bad might have happen to him?”

“I…oh wait!  I see him!”

“You do?”

“Uh….yeah…but he’s sitting in a cop’s car…this isn’t good.  And there is a girl with him too.”

Nicole’s eyes widen as she gasp.  “WHAT?!”  Why was Myungsoo in a cop’s car?  And why was he with another girl?

“What’s wrong?” Kim Sang Bum asks.

“Yah!  Nicole…I’m going to hang up.  I’m gonna go find out what’s going on.” Min quickly said as she hangs up the phone without saying good-bye.

“Yah!” Nicole cried.  “Hello?”  “Hello?  Min?”

“Nicole…what’s wrong?” Kim Sang Bum repeated again.

“Min said Myungsoo was sitting in a cop’s car…with a girl.”

Kim Sang Bum eyes widen as he steps on the gas pedal. 

“Yah!  Slow down!” Nicole cried as she grips onto the seat belt with both of her hands.  “The speed limit is only 25…you’re going 55!”

Kim Sang Bum ignores her as he continues speeding.  Within 10 minutes he parks his car in front of her house.  Nicole had both her hands covering her eyes. 

“Yah!  We’re here.” Kim Sang Bum said as he opens up the door.

Nicole slowly moves her hands away from her eyes and quickly got out of his car.  As soon as he approaches her she hits him on his chest and screams “Are you trying to kill me?!  Do you know how many stop lights you drove past?  Did you know that you almost ran over that poor kitty?”

Kim Sang Bum started laughing as he covers both of his ears with his hands.  Man…this girl can sure scream!

“Yah!  Don’t cover your ears!  I’m not done screaming at you yet!” Nicole shouted as she tries to take his hands away from his ears.

Kim Sang Bum chuckles to himself.  “Hey!  Everyone is looking at us…and can you please stop screaming?”

Nicole screams “I don’t care if the entire neighborhood hears me…you’re the worst driver ever!”

“Nicole!” a voice shouted behind her.

Nicole quickly turns around and saw Myungsoo, Myungsoo’s mom, Min, Mir, two cops, and a very pretty girl with long hair staring at her.

Nicole’s face flushes with embarrassment as she quickly let go of Kim Sang Bum hands.

“Is there a problem here?” one of the cops asks as he walks towards Nicole and Kim Sang Bum.

“No sir…everything is fine.” Kim Sang Bum quickly answers.

“Did I just hear that you drove past a couple of stop lights?” the cop questions Kim Sang Bum.

Nicole’s eyes widen as Kim Sang Bum quickly looks at her for help.  She sighs and quickly said “I-I-I was just kidding.  I was just mad at him…so…I made that all up.  There is really no problem here sir.”

The cop raised his left eye brow up.  “Are you sure?”

Nicole nodded her head yes and says “We’re fine now.”

The cop sighs and turns to look at Kim Sang Bum and says “I suggest you bring your girlfriend inside right now.”

Nicole could see Myungsoo's eyes flares with jealousy and anger as he heard the word “girlfriend.” 

Kim Sang Bum wraps his right arm around her shoulder and smiles.  “I will sir...come on sweetie…let’s go inside and get you clean up.”

Nicole shot him a dirty look as he drags her away.  “Yah!”

“Be quite!  Do you want to make another scene again?”

Before Nicole could answer him, he took her house keys from her purse and opens up the door.  He slowly pushes her inside the house and quickly shuts the door..

“Hey!” Nicole shouted as she grabs her house keys back from him.

“Settle down…geez.” Kim Sang Bum said rolling his eyes at her.

Nicole crossed her arms and scoffs.  “Settle down?  You almost killed me!”

“Look…I’m sorry...alright?  When you said my little brother was sitting in a cop’s car…I panic.  I thought something bad had happen to him.” Kim Sang Bum explains.

Nicole softens up a little and sighs.  “Still…you could have killed us.”

Kim Sang Bum walks towards her and held her right hand with his left hand.  He gave it a tight squeeze and looks into her big shiny pearly eyes.  “I’m really sorry.  I didn’t mean to put you in danger.  Can you forgive me?”

Nicole stares into his dazzling eyes and scoffs.  “Fine…you’re forgiven.”

Kim Sang Bum smiles as he continues to stare at her.  She is so adorable…no wonder why Myungsoo was in love with her.  He was one lucky bastard.

“Quit staring at me.” Nicole said.

Kim Sang Bum laughs and says “You’re the one that keeps on staring at me."

All of a sudden his cell phone starting ringing.  He looks at it and frowns.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at a friend’s house…why?”

“I need you to do me a favor.”

Kim Sang Bum looks at Nicole and said “May I please have some privacy?”

Nicole quickly nodded her head yes and walks into the kitchen.  Hm…she wonders what that was all about?  Oh well…it was none of her business. 

~5 minutes later~

“Nicole?”

“I’m in the kitchen!”

Kim Sang Bum pokes his head into their kitchen and smiles.  “I would love to stay and chat with you…but I have to get going.”

“Already?”

“Yeah…something came up.”

Nicole nodded her head and said “I’ll walk you out.”

As Nicole walks Kim Sang Bum out, he turns around and smiles at her.  “Do you have any plans tomorrow?”

“I’m not sure yet…why?”

“Well…because of my reckless driving and scaring the crap out of you earlier …can I treat you out for lunch?”

“We shall see…”

Kim Sang Bum gave her the puppy-look face and pouted “Please?”

“Fine…but I eat like a pig so if the bill comes out to $50.00 or more…don’t blame me for it.”

“Money is not a problem for me.  I’ll pick you up at noon okay?”

“Noon?  That’s too early me…how about 1:00pm instead?”

“Noon is too early for you?  Why are you so lazy?”

“Yah!  Don't make fun of me!  Take it or leave it.”

“Fine…I’ll pick you up at 1:00pm then…” Kim Sang Bum mutters.

Nicole laughs at his reaction.  “Bye Kim Sang Bum!  Have a good night!”

"Thanks...you have a good night too.  I'll see you tomorrow."

As Nicole watches Kim Sang Bum drive away, she notices that Min, Mir, Myungsoo, Myungsoo’s mom, and the pretty girl were still standing outside talking.

The pretty girl kept trying to talk to Myungsoo, but it seems like he wasn’t paying attention to her.  The pretty girl walks closer to Myungsoo and snaps her fingers in his face.  He scoffs at her and said something that Nicole couldn’t hear.  Suddenly the pretty girl threw her arms around him and hugs him tightly. 

Nicole felt like someone had shot a bullet through her heart.  Omo…why was she feeling like this?  Was it jealousy?  Why didn’t Myungsoo pull back from the hug?  Was he enjoying it?  There were a million questions running through her mind as she continues to stare at them.

“Nicole!” Min shouted as she came running up to her front porch.  “Yah!  Why haven’t you changed into your party clothes yet?  Did you forget abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter