Chapter 6-Will You Be My Homecoming Date?

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Friday (Prep Rally)~

“Hey honey!  Did you find yourself a Homecoming dress yet?” asks her mom.

Nicole shook her head no as she munches on her cereal.  “Shouldn’t you be at work right now mom?  It’s 7:00am.”

“I took the day off.  Do you plan on going to the football game after school?” questions her mom.

“I don’t think so.  My group has to decorate the commons for the dance on Saturday.  Why?” asks Nicole.

Nicole’s mom looks at her and says “What time do you have to go back to school to decorate?" 

“Our group wanted everyone to meet at 5:00pm. Why?” question Nicole.

“Let’s go shopping after school.  What do you say?  We can grab something to eat and go dress shopping for you.” said her mom.

Nicole bit her lower lip.  Truthfully, she wanted to walk home with Myungsoo.  Ever since he blew her that kiss, they had been walking home hand-in-hand.  Close friends can hold hands right?

Her mom pokes her in the belly.  “Honey?”

“Oh…sorry mom…um...can I ask you a question?” Nicole suddenly asks.

Her mom gives her a smile.  “Sure…what is it?”

“When a boy blows a kiss to you and holds your hand…does that mean he likes you?  Or is he just being nice?” question Nicole.

Her mom smirks and replies “Does someone like you?”

Nicole blushes and quickly answered “No.”

“In my opinion, when a boy holds a girl’s hand and blows a kiss at her…that usually means he likes her.  You can also tell when a boy likes you or not.” explain her mom.

“How?” asks Nicole.

“Well…listen carefully to what he says to you.  For example, when he gives you little compliments or the way how he talks to you.  There is an old saying “actions speaks louder than words.”” said her mom. 

Nicole scratches her head.  “Give me an example.” 

Her mom thought for a minute and then said “Well…the best example I can think of is when you got bullied by those 3 boys.  Myungsoo beat up those boys because they were making fun of you…he could have not help you…but he did.”

“Don’t you think he was doing that just because he wanted to help me?” asks Nicole.

Her mom giggles and says “Yeah…but ever since he helped you that day, you guys became close friends.  His mom and I always joked that one day the both of you will date each other.”  

Nicole could feel her cheeks starting to burn.  The thought of dating Myungsoo excited her.

  

“So, how about it?  Did you want me to pick you up after school so we can go shopping for your Homecoming dress?” asks her mom.

She couldn’t say no to her mom so she said “Sure mom.  I’ll wait for you after school.”

Her mom smiles at her and patted her head.  “I can’t believe my baby girl is growing up so fast.”

“No matter how fast I’m growing, I’m still your baby.  Anyways, I have to go mom.  See you tonight after school!” cried Nicole as she ran out the front door.

“Nicole!” shouted Min.

She turns around and saw Min running up to her.  “Hi Min!”

“Where’s Myungsoo?” asks Min.

“I’m not sure.  He should be coming out right now.” said Nicole looking at his house.

Sure enough, Myungsoo walk out of his house and he cried “Bye mom!  I’ll see you tonight!”

“Yah!  Hurry up or else we’ll be late for school!” shouted Min.

Myungsoo smiles as he approaches us.  “Let’s go.”

“So, did you buy your Homecoming ticket yet Nicole?” asks Min.

Nicole shook her head no.  “I was going to buy it during lunch hour.  Speaking of Homecoming tickets, do you have a date yet?”

Min smiles and squeals “I plan on asking Minho during lunch hour today.”

“Good luck.” Nicole said smiling at her.

“What are you going to do if he says no?” asks Myungsoo.

Min hits him on his arm and says “Yah!  Why did you have to ruin the mood?  Who would want to say no to me?”

Myungsoo rubs his arm where Min hit him and he glares at her with his bitter eyes.  “I’m just telling the truth.  Look how many girls he rejected.”

Nicole thought for a moment and nodded her head in agreement.  “That’s true Min.  He even rejected Hyorin.  She ask him on Monday, but he turn her down because he said he wanted to ask someone.”

“Omo!  Who?!” cried Min.

Nicole shrugs her shoulders and says “I don’t know.  He didn’t say.”

Min made a face and looks back at Myungsoo.  “Are you going to tell us who you’re going to ask today?”

Myungsoo smirks and shakes his head no.

“Yah!  Why not?!” pouted Min.

“Who are you going to ask Nicole?” ask Myungsoo ignoring Min.

Nicole clears and replies “No one.  I’m going alone again.”

“I know!  If I get rejected by Minho and if Myungsoo gets rejected by whoever he is going to ask, we should all go together!” exclaims Min.

Myungsoo scoffs and says “What makes you think I’m going to get rejected?”

Min stuck her tongue out at him “What makes you think all the girls at school want you?”

Nicole laughs as she watches Min and Myungsoo bicker at each other.  By the time they reach school, the bell rang. 

“I’m going to be dancing at the prep rally…so don’t forget to cheer for me!” Min shouted waving good-bye to Nicole and Myungsoo.

“Bye Min!” cried Nicole waving good-bye to her.

“Meet me at your locker before the prep rally starts.” Myungsoo said looking into her shimmering eyes.

Nicole nodded her head yes.  “Sure…no problem Myungsoo.  I’ll see you later.”

As Myungsoo watches Nicole walk away, Sohee taps him by his left shoulder and says “Hi oppa.”

Myungsoo nods his head and smiles at her. 

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” Sohee ask shyly.

“Class is about to start.  I’ll talk to you later.” Myungsoo said walking away from her.

“Will you be my date for Homecoming?” Sohee blurted out.

Myungsoo stops and turns around.  He thought she was very pretty but he didn’t enjoy her company.  The last two years that he went with her was boring.  All she did was dragged him around and show him off to her friends.  Not only that, but she was best friends with Hyuna and he didn’t click very well with their crowd.  

“No.” he replied.  He started walking towards class when she grabs his right arm.

Sohee stares into his eyes and asks “Did I do something wrong?”   

Myungsoo glares at her and says “Please take your hands off of me.  I don’t like being touch.”

Sohee quickly lets go and stutter “I-I-I thought you were too shy to ask me to be your date for Homecoming, so I thought I would ask you this year.”

“My answer is no.  Go ask someone else.” said Myungsoo walking to class.

Sohee stood there dumbfounded as she watches him walk away to class.  She couldn’t believe he said no to her!

~Prep Rally~

  

“Yah!  Nicole!” shouted a voice.

Nicole turns around and saw Minho running towards her.  She quickly looks down on the floor. 

“Where are you going?  The prep rally is about to start.” said Minho as he approaches her.

Nicole kept her head down and mumbles “I’m going to my locker to meet Myungsoo.”

Minho grins at her and says “I’ll come with you.  Besides, I want to sit next to you during the prep rally.”

Nicole could feel her face burning.  Minho wanted to sit next to her?  No way?!  This must be some kind of a joke right?!

“Go ahead…I’ll meet you there.” Nicole said quickly.

Minho raised his right eye brow.  “Are you trying to get rid of me?”

“Oppa!” scream Hyorin running up to Minho.  She grabs him by his right arm and gives Nicole a disgusted look.

“Hey man!  Let’s go!  The prep rally is starting!” shouted Key as he pushes Minho towards the gym.

“Guys wait…” trail Minho. 

“Wait up you guys!” hollers Woohyun and Jinwoon as they ran pass Nicole.

As much as she hated Hyorin, she was secretly thanking her for saving her.  She didn’t understand why Minho kept trying to get close to her.  Did she have something that he wanted?  Her thoughts were full of Minho as she was walking towards her locker.

“What’s up Cola?” said Myungsoo smirking at her.

Omo!  She was too busy thinking about Minho that she walked passed her locker along with Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo...” Nicole said feeling a little bit embarrassed.

“What are you thinking about?” question Myungsoo.

Nicole bit her lower lip and replies “I was heading towards my locker when Minho called out my name.  And…he said he wanted to sit next to me at the prep rally.”  

Myungsoo eyes widen.  “What did you say?”

“I told him to go ahead without me because I was going to meet you at my locker.” Nicole explains.

“Do you want to sit next to him?” asks Myungsoo.  He didn’t want to sound jealous, but he felt threaten every time Nicole mention something about Minho.

“No…what makes you say that?” Nicole said giving him a weird look.

Myungsoo grabs he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter