Chapter 3-We meet again

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~4 years later~

“Oh my god!  Did you see the new guy?  He is extremely HOT!” Min squealed with happiness.

I shook my head no as I munched on my sandwich. 

“He just transfer from Incheon High School and he’s already gaining a large fan base here…especially with all of the girls.  And guess what grade he’s in?” Min cried.

I shook my head no and asked, “What grade?”

“He’s a senior just like us!” Min replied happily as she shook my shoulders.

I giggled and yelled, “Stop it Min!  I’m trying to eat here.”

“Omo!  There he is!  Omo!  Omo!  Omo!  He has the same lunch hour as us?  This is perfect!” Min shouted.

I turned my head around as my eyes widen.  He was really handsome!  He looked like an angel from heaven.  There was a bunch of girls surrounding him as he tried to pay for his lunch.  Sigh…you’ll never get a chance with him Jung Nicole…so quit looking.  I sadly turned my head back and faced Min while chewing my sandwich.

“What’s with the sad face?” Min questioned.

“Sad face?  What are you talking about?” I replied.

Min frowned, “I’m not stupid Jung Nicole…what’s bothering you?”

I sigh and gave her a tiny smile.  Min was my next door neighbor and I considered her as a very close friend of mine.  I can still remember the first day we met each other.

~Flashback (4 years ago)~  

 

“Mom, how am I going to adjust to South Korea again?  I was getting used to Amercia!” Min whined.

“Quit complaining and help me bring these boxes into the house.” said her mom.

“Whatever!  I can’t believe I have to start my High School year back in my home country.” mumbles Min.

“Hello.” greeted Nicole.

Min jumps up and turns her head around.  She saw a chubby girl holding a basket full of chocolate bars in her arms.

“Um…hi.” mutters Min.

“Welcome to our neighbor!  I hope you like chocolate.” said Nicole handing the basket to Min.

She is so sweet thought Min.  She grabs the basket from Nicole and says “Thank you.  Um…you must be my next door neighbor huh?”

Nicole giggles.  “Yup.  I live next door.  How old are you?”

“I’m 14…what about you?” asks Min.

“Me too!  Which High School will you be attending this fall?” questions Nicole.

“My mom enrolled me at Seoul High School.” replied Min.

“Sweet!  We’ll be attending the same High School together!” exclaim Nicole.

“You have an English name…are you from the States?” question Min.

“Yup...my mom and I moved here when I was 7.” answered Nicole.

“Min!  I need you to…oh…hello!” said Min’s mom.

Nicole quickly bows to Min’s mom and greeted her.  “Hello!  My name is Jung Yong Joo and I’m your next door neighbor.  I just wanted to welcome your family to our new neighbor.”

Min’s mom smiles and bows at Nicole.  She looks at Min and said “You made a new friend already Min!”

Min smiles at her mom and nodded her head.

“Do you guys need any help?” offered Nicole.

“Sure!  We can always use the extra help!” said Min happily.

Ever since that day, they became close friends.  They had a lot in common, such as speaking fluent English, dancing, singing, etc…  During their high school years, Min joined the dance team at school and was considered one of the best dancers due to her “popping and locking” dance moves.  Even though Min was popular, she always hung out with Nicole because she always enjoyed her company.  Nicole on the other hand was considered as a “nobody” and the “fat girl.”  Although many of her classmates about her weight, Min always stuck up for her.  Since she was used to being call “fat” and “ugly” those names didn’t bother her anymore. 

~End of flashback~

“Earth to Nicole!  I’m talking to you!” yells Min waving her hand in front of her face.   

“Oh sorry.  Um…I was just thinking about homecoming.” said Nicole.

Min raised her left eye brow up.  “Are you sure?”

Nicole giggles and nodded her head.  “Well, it is our senior year, and I would like to have a date.  I really don’t want to go alone again.”

“Who are you going to ask?” question Min excitedly.

Nicole scoffs.  “Are you kidding me?  Look at me!  Who in their right mind would want to have me as their date?”

Min made a face at her.  “Yah!  Why do you always put yourself down like that?  Truthfully, you’re really pretty Nicole.”

“You’re just saying that to make me feel better.” said Nicole.

“No I’m not!  You really ARE pretty!” repeated Min.

Nicole smiles at her.  “Thanks Min.  Like I said…who would want to be my date for homecoming?”

“I’ll be your date.” said a voice behind her.

Nicole quickly turns around and sees Myungsoo standing behind her. 

“Hi Myungsoo oppa.” greeted Min.

“Yo!” replied Myungsoo as he took a seat next to Nicole.

Min and Myungsoo didn’t get along at first which caused Nicole to go insane.  But as time flew by, they had gotten used to each other and now all three of them were very close friends.

“I thought you had a date already?” said Nicole looking at Myungsoo.

“Who told you that I had a date?” question Myungsoo.

“Rumors have been going around that Hyuna and you are going together.” answered Min.

Myungsoo rolls his eyes.  “That is crazy!  I take that back…SHE is crazy!”

Nicole laughs and patted Myungsoo on his head.  “Well…she has BEEN crazy about you since elementary school.  Why not give her a chance?” 

Myungsoo glares at her with his cold eyes.  “Heck no!  I’m sorry, but she annoys the living hell out of me!”   

Min and Nicole burst out giggling.  Nicole offered Myungsoo half of her sandwich and he gladly accepted it. 

“Who do you plan on asking for homecoming Min?” asks Nicole.

“Well, I want to ask the new guy…but I don’t think I’ll stand a chance.  Look at all the girls around him.” pouted Min.

Myungsoo turns his head around and chuckles.  “Are you guys talking about Choi Minho?”

“Choi Minho is his name huh?  Omo!  His name even sounds handsome!” squeal Min.

Myungsoo and Nicole both roll their eyes at her.

“Are you friends with him Myungsoo?” question Nicole.

“He’s the captain of the varsity soccer team.  His dad is the famous soccer coach Choi Yun-Gyeom.” replied Myungsoo.

“You didn’t answer the question?” nag Nicole.

Myungsoo turns to look at her with his cold eyes.  “Why?  Are you interested in him?”

“I’m the one that is interested in him!” said Min.

Myungsoo scoffs and smiles.  “We’re friends… but he is very competitive.  He sort of has a cocky attitude.”

“Hm…reminds me of someone that I know.” teased Nicole.

Min giggles and covers with her hand.

Myungsoo leans in closer to Nicole and squinted his eyes at her.  “Are you referring to me?”

Nicole giggles.  “Did I say your name?”

“You di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter