Chapter 4-A Knight to Remember

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ring!  Ring!  Ring!

Nicole walks into class just in time before her teacher could give her a tardey.  She quickly walks over to her desk and sits down. 

Her teacher Mrs. Kim walks in front of the classroom and smiled.  “Settle down students.  I have a couple of announcements to make.  First of all we have a new student that will be joining our class.  Please welcome Choi Minho.”

As Choi Minho walks into their class, all of the girls in her class started squealing like crazy.  Nicole kept her head down as Minho walks pass her.  She couldn’t believe Minho was going to be in her Senior Project class!

Minho  stood in front of their classroom and bows to everyone.  “Hello.  My name is Choi Minho.  I hope everyone can take good care of me.”

 

All of the girls started whispering at once. 

“Oh!  He is so handsome!” gush Hyorin.

“He is super-duper cute!” whispers Hara.

“Omo!  He is cuter than my boyfriend!” squeaks Chorong.

As Mrs. Kim scans the classroom, she notice an empty seat located behind Nicole.  She turns to him and says “Minho, please take a seat behind Nicole.”

“Is she crazy?!” whispers a girls voice.

“Dang…I feel sorry for him!” crack a male’s voice.

“He won’t be able to see the board since Nicole will be blocking his view.” whispers another girl giggling.

Nicole could feel her face burning up.  Why did her classmates have to be so mean to her?  And why did Mrs. Kim have to assign Minho to sit behind her?  She kept her head down as Minho walks pass her. 

Minho smiles to himself as he walks pass Nicole.  He was extremely happy that they had one class together.  As he settles down into his seat, Mrs. Kim announced “As you all know, Homecoming is this Friday.  And this year, our class has been chosen to come up with the Homecoming Theme!”

“Sweet!” shouted Hara.

“This is exciting!” cried Gayoung.

“Awesome!” hooted Jaejin.

The entire classroom was starting to become loud because all of the students began talking at once.  Mrs. Kim claps her hands really loud a few times to get her students attention.  “Calm down everyone!  I need you to please be quiet and let me explain everything.”

CL stood up from her seat and turns around and faces her classmates.  She yells “Shut up you guys!  Let Mrs. Kim finish her announcement!”

Nicole secretly laughs as she watches her classmates throw dirty looks at CL.  CL was known as a “Bad ” girl because she didn’t take any crap from anyone.  She was very skilled in rapping and very well-known for her crazy style of clothes that she always wore in school. 

Mrs. Kim smiles at CL.  “Thank you CL, but there is no need to shout.  Please be seated.”     

Suddenly Nicole heard her cell phone vibrating from her backpack.  She quickly takes out her phone and smiles to herself.

Text message from Myungsoo:  “I’m bored.  Talk to me…what’s new?”

Nicole giggles and texts back.

Text message to Myungsoo:  “Don’t get caught texting!  Well…Mrs. Kim just announced that our class got selected to come up with our school’s Homecoming Theme this year!  How cool is that?!  I can’t wait!”

Text message from Myungsoo:  “Oh geez!  Lame!  Anyways, do you have to work tonight?”

Text message to Myungsoo:  “LOL…only you would say something like that!  To answer your question…No I don’t work tonight…why?”

Text message from Myungsoo:  “Let’s walk home together.”

Text message to Myungsoo:  “Okay!”

Text message from Myungsoo: “Alright.  I will be waiting for you at your locker.  See you later Cola!”

Text message to Myungsoo: “LOL…see you!”

Nicole smiles to herself as she quietly puts her phone away.  She loved it when Myungsoo call her Cola. 

“Since there are 30 students in this class, I have divided up the class into 3 groups.  Group 1 will be in charge of coming up with the Homecoming Theme and decorations, group 2 will be in charge of making/selling the tickets, and group 3 will be in charge of finding a DJ (but within the school’s budget).” instructed Mrs. Kim.  

“Will we get to pick our own groups?” ask Hara.

Mrs. Kim smiles and shakes her head no.  “The groups are already assign by me.  The students who are assigned in group one is:  Minho, Nicole, Hara, Jaejin, CL, Seohyun, Jinwoon, Key, Woohyun, and Hyorin.  In group2:  Dongwoon, Hoya, Minhyuk, Lay, Mir, Minkyung, Nayeon, Hyunyoung, Nana, and Chorong.  In group 3:  Jungshin, Su Ho, Eli, AJ, Kevin, Hyemi, Minha, Jaeyoon, Ayoung, and Minsun.”

Oh my god!  Nicole couldn’t believe Minho was going to be in her group?!  She could hear some of the other girls from group 2 and 3 complain about not being in the same group as Minho.

“For the rest of the hour, I would like you guys to get together with your team.  I would like group 1 to make a decision by the end of class period and tell the entire class what this year’s Homecoming Theme will be.  I would like group 2 start brainstorming what kind of designs and they want to design on the tickets, and I want group 3 to start making a list of DJ’s around in the area and find out what their prices are.  Any questions?” asks Mrs. Kim.

“Are we allowed to switch to a different group?”  Chorong asks.

Mrs. Kim shakes her head no.  “These groups were already pre-assign by me.  If anyone switches without my permission, your grade will get doc down.  Understand?”

There were some groans and disappointments but no one dare to say anything. 

“Alright, I will give your team 40 minutes to brainstorm with your team.  You may start now.” said Mrs. Kim.

“Group 1!  Pull up your chairs over here!” shouted Key.  He shifted his desk all the way in the back corner as Minho, Hara, Jaejin, CL, Seohyun, Jinwoon, Woohyun, Hyorin, and Nicole made their way into the back room. 

“Let’s all pull our desk and sit in a circle…that way when someone talks…we’ll be able to see each other.” suggested Minho.  

“Hey, that sounds like a good idea!” said Seohyun.

Minho purposely said that because he wanted to stare at Nicole.  He didn’t know why he was so attracted to her.  She was completely the opposite of his “ideal” girl.  She was overweight, shy, quiet, obedient, and absolutely adorable.  He was used to girls throwing themselves at him and they were willing to do anything he says.  

Everyone started shifting their desk into a circle.  Nicole waited until everyone was seated before she could squeeze herself into the group.  As she was adjusting her desk, Hyorin hollers at her.  “Yah!  Move your desk over there!”

Minho glared at Hyorin.  He didn’t like the way how she was talking to Nicole.  Why doesn’t Nicole fight back?

“There’s more room over there Nicole.” Hara said pointing towards Jinwoon. 

Instead of arguing back with them, Nicole quietly shifts her desk towards Jinwoon. 

Jinwoon flashes Nicole his killer eye smile.  “You can pull your desk closer to me.  I don’t bite Nicole.”

Nicole kept her head down and nodded.  She wasn’t used to having boys talking to her. 

“Alright guys, let’s go around the circle and see what kind of ideas everyone has.  Who wants to write?” question Key.

“I’ll write.” volunteers Seohyun.

“Who wants to go first?” ask CL.

“I think Nicole should go first.” suggested Hyorin.

Everyone’s eyes turns to look at Nicole as she kept her head down.  Gosh…why did Hyorin have to volunteer her first? 

“Well?  We’re waiting.” Hyorin said impatiently.

She did have an idea but she knew her group probably wouldn’t like it.  Well…Hyorin put her on the spot, so it’s not like her idea was going to be voted anyways right?

She took a deep breath before she spoke.  “I think for our Homecoming Theme this year should be called “A Knight To Remember.””

Minho looks at Nicole and smiles.  “That’s unique!  What made you think of that?”

Everyone looks at Minho and was shock that he actually like her Homecoming Theme.  Nicole kept her head down and said “Every girl needs a shining knight in their life.”

Key and Woohyun looks at each other and snorted.  “Um…okay…sure…write that down Seohyun.”

Nicole kept her head down as she heard Seohyun writing her idea down.  Minho actually thought her idea was unique?  She secretly smiled to herself because it felt nice to have someone complimenting her instead of poking fun at her.

Jinwoon smiles as it was his turn to speak.  “I was thinking of “Under the Sea.”  I think more of a beach theme would sound like fun.”

“Oh!  What a good idea!” squeal Hara.

CL rolls her eyes at Hara and says “Did you forget that Homecoming is in the month of October…and not to mention that the weather is starting to get cold?”

Jaejin made a face at CL.  “It’s call using your imagination.”

“Whatever…” said CL.

Everyone started giggling as Seohyun quickly wrote down Jinwoon’s idea on the piece of paper in front of her. 

After going around the circle with everyone’s idea, here was the list of the possible Homecoming Themes:

A Knight to Remember

Under the Sea

Hollywood Magic

Fantasy Island

The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

Over the Rainbow

Worlds of Fantasy

Around the World

My Shooting Star

Beauty and the Beast

“Okay guys…these are all GREAT ideas!  But we can only choose one.  So…we’ll go around the circle and vote.  Let’s start with Minho.” said Key.

Minho smiles and looks at Nicole.  “I actually like Nicole’s idea.  The theme is different and what she said earlier made sense.  Every girl needs a shining knight in their life.  So…my vote goes to “A Knight to Remember.” 

Hara and Hyorin drop their mouths wide open.  They couldn’t believe Minho voted for Nicole’s lame theme?!

Nicole finally looks up and stares at Minho.  Did Minho really vote for her idea?  No way?!  She gave him a tiny smile and quickly looks away from him before he could smile back.

“Okay…one vote for A Knight to Remember, Hyorin…you’re next.” said Key.

Hyorin bit her lower lip.  She was going to pick whatever Minho pick, but why did it have to be Nicole’s theme?  She sighs and says “I vote for “A Knight to Remember” too.”

Hara gave Hyorin a Are-You-Crazy-Look and scoffs.  “Are you serious?”

Hyorin smiles and replies “Well…like Minho oppa said…it’s different.”

Minho smiles at Hyorin and says “Well, I’m glad someone agrees with me too.”

Hyorin flashes him her y smile and giggles.  Hara rolls her eyes and sighs.  “I guess my vote goes to “A Knight to Remember” too then.”

Key raised his left eye brow up in surprised and marks down her vote.  After collecting everyone’s vote, there was a tied.  There were 5 votes for “A Knight to Remember” and 5 votes for “Worlds of Fantasy.”

“Well…since we have a tied…what should we do?” question Woohyun.

“Let’s have Mrs. Kim vote too.” suggested Minho.

“I second to that!” Hyorin quickly said.

“That sounds fair.” said CL.

“Mrs. Kim…can we borrow you for a minute?” asks Seohyun.

“Hi guys.  Is there something wrong?” question Mrs. Kim.

“We have a tie right now for choosing our Homecoming Theme.  We need an extra body to help us vote.” explain Key.

“Minho suggested that you would be able to help us vote.” added Hyorin smiling at Minho.

“It would be an honor for me to help you guys out.” Mrs. Kim said.

Key smiles at Mrs. Kim and says “You have a choice between “A Kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter