Chapter 23-The New Nicole

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nicole found herself walking towards a familiar park that she used to play when she was a little girl.  Everything was still the same as usual.  Birds were chirping excitedly and families were seen having picnics with their kids enjoying the nice weather.  She smiles to herself as she recalls the sweet memories of her own family doing the same thing.  As she walk towards the swing set that her dad used to push her on all the time, a tear rolls down her cheek as she remember all those happy moments they spent together.  She sat down on the swing and started swinging herself.  She could feel the cool breeze brush against her face as she swings herself higher.  After five minutes of swinging, she started to slow herself down because there was a familiar person that caught her eye.  This familiar person was walking towards her and when she came to a full stop, she couldn’t believe who was standing in front of her!

“Daddy?”

“Hi baby girl.” Her dad said smiling at her.

Nicole stood up from the swing and rubs her eyes.  She wanted to make sure she wasn’t dreaming.

“You’ve grown up so much.”

Nicole slowly walks up to him and lightly touches his face.  He was real!  It was him!  She burst out crying as she threw her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest.

“Daddy!” Nicole sobs.

Her dad wrapped his arms around her and said, “Shhhhh…don’t cry baby girl.  Daddy is here.”

“Daddy!  Where have you been all this time?  Do you know how much mommy and I missed you?” Nicole cried.

Her dad patted on her head and smiled.  “I didn’t go anywhere silly girl.  I’ve been with you and mommy the entire time.  Daddy misses the both of you very much.”

“Please don’t leave us again…” Nicole trails off as her tears soaked into his shirt.

“Daddy never left you guys.”

“How did you find me?” Nicole asks as she slowly pulls out from him.

Her dad smiles at her and replied, “Whenever you’re happy, mad, or sad this park was always the first place you would come to.  That’s how I found you.”

Nicole nodded her head and she suddenly realized that something was wrong.  “This park is here in California…when did I leave South Korea?  Where’s mom?”

Her dad took both of her hands and squeezed them tightly.  “You got into a horrible accident.  You seem to have lost your way.  I’m here to bring you back.”

Nicole’s eyes widen.  “Daddy?  Am…am…am I dead?”

Her dad shook his head no.  “You’re in a comma right now.”

“I am?  How…how did I end up here?” Nicole asked as she scratches her head.

“The happiest place is what led you here baby girl.  It’s time for you to go back.”

“Dad…I don’t want to go back.  I want to stay here with you.  Please don’t make me go back.” Nicole pleaded.

Her dad her hair and said, “Baby girl…you can’t stay with me.  It’s not your time to be with me.”

“I can’t go back dad!”

“Why not?”

“You said you never left mom and I right?  Well…since you were always with us, you should already know what kind of life I’m living right now.  I hate my life.  I hate being looked down on!” Nicole explains as tears fell down her cheeks.

Her dad pulls her into a tight hug and says, “I understand baby girl.”

“Please…please let me stay with you.” Nicole begged.

“I can’t baby girl.  Please listen to your dad.  You need to go back.  Your mom, your friends, and Myungsoo need you.”

“Myungsoo?”

“Yes.”

“You…you know about him too?”

“Yes I do and I know the reason why you don’t want to go back.”

“You do?”

Her dad nodded his head yes.  “Daddy sees, hear, and knows everything you do baby girl.”

“I-I-I…”

“Time is running out baby girl.  Listen to daddy carefully okay?” Her dad said holding onto her shoulders tightly.

Nicole stared into his glittering eyes as she nodded her head.

“Daddy loves you very much.  No matter what happens…just remember that I will always be by your side.”

Suddenly the wind started picking up and as Nicole looks around her, she saw that her favorite park was gone.

“Daddy?  What’s happening?” Nicole shouted as she hugs him tightly.  “I’m scared!”

“Baby girl…Myungsoo really loves you!  Please don’t forget that!” Her dad cried as the wind pushes him away.

Nicole tried to grab for his hands but the strong wind pushes her back.

“Daddy!  No!  Daddy!  Don’t leave me!” Nicole screamed.

Her dad started to fade away as she felt herself being pulled by the wind.  There was a bright light beaming in front of her eyes as she heard a familiar voice calling out her name.

“Nicole?” Her mom cried.

“Daddy...” Nicole softly whispers.

“Nicole…honey…” Her mom whimpers.

“Daddy…” Nicole murmured as she slowly opens up her eyes.

“Nicole?  She’s up!  Nurse!  My daughter is finally awake!” Her mom shouted squeezing her hand.  “Honey…you’re going to be okay…stay with me…please keep your eyes open.”

Nicole looks around the room and realized that she was in the hospital.  As she tried to move her head she felt dizzy and nausea. 

Within a few minutes, the nurse and doctor came into the room.

“Hello Nicole.  My name is Doctor Lee and this is Nurse Kim.  You’re finally awake!  How are you feeling right now?” Dr. Lee asked as he pulls up a chair next to her bed.

Nicole touches her head and weakly answers, “My head really hurts.  It feels like someone had just smashed me over the head with a baseball bat.”

Dr. Lee put up four fingers in front of her face.  “Let’s see how well your vision is here.  How many fingers am I holding up?”

“Three…no…four?” Nicole slurred.

Dr. Lee quickly wrote something down on a piece of paper and asks, “Nicole…what’s your last name?”

Nicole looks at him dumbfounded and started laughing.  Her mom looks at her as if she went crazy.

“Nicole?  Honey…why are you laughing?” Her mom worriedly asks.

Nicole scratches her nose and replied, “I-I-I…I don’t know my last name.  Are you my mom?  Why am I here?  What happen to me?  And why does my head feel like it’s going to explode?”

Her mom gasps as she quickly looks at Dr. Lee.

Dr. Lee stood up from his chair and said, “That’s enough for today Nicole.  Nurse Kim, I need you to go grab these medications for Nicole and inject them into her I.V.  After that, I want you to order some food for her to eat so she would be able to gain her strength back.  Ms. Kim…may I have a word with you outside please?”

Her mom shook her head and followed Dr. Lee out of the room.

“Dr. Lee…what’s wrong?  Why did my daughter just ask me if I was her mom?” Her mom cried as she grips her hands together.

“Ms. Kim…I believe your daughter has developed a mild concussion.  She had a hard time concentrating on how many fingers I was holding up and she was slurring in her speech.  Those are all signs of short-term memory loss.  We will do more testing on her later on this afternoon.” Dr. Lee explains.

“No!  No!  No!  Dr. Lee…please help my daughter remember me!  Please!  I already lost my husband…I can’t afford for my own daughter not knowing who her own mother is.  Please!”  Her mom begged as she quickly kneels down on both knees.

“Ms. Kim…please get up.  I will do the best I can for your daughter.” Dr. Lee said as he quickly pulls her mom back up to her feet.

Her mom burst out crying as she hugs herself.  “Please…please help my daughter…please.”

“Please don’t cry Ms. Kim.  You need some rest.  You haven’t gotten any sleep for the last three days.  I will have Nurse Kim order you some food and bring an extra bed to the room.  Right now, the best things you can do for your daughter is help her regain her memory.”

“Thank you Dr. Lee.” Her mom said sniffing.

2 hours later

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

“Nicole!  You’re finally awake!  How are you feeling?” Min cried as she rushes into the room holding a dozen pink roses in her arms.  Mir and Minho slowly follows Min as they smiled at her.

Nicole looks at her mom and raised her left eyebrow up.

“Who are you guys?” Nicole politely asks without smiling.

Min frowns at her.  “Excuse me?”

Minho froze as his eyes widen. 

“Yah…don’t you know who we are?” Mir asks as he stood next to Min.

Her mom looks at her and said, “Sweetie…these are your friends from school.  This is Min, Mir, and Minho.”

Nicole burst out laughing as she claps her hands over mouth.

Minho raised his left eyebrow up.  “What’s so funny?”

Nicole turns to look at him and smirked.  “All of your names starts with a “M!”  How cool!  Min…Mir…and Minho!  MMM…get it?”

The three of them looked at each other as they stare a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter