Chapter 14-The Surprise

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~December 25th Christmas Day~

3:00pm

Nicole was over at Min’s house getting ready for Myungsoo’s Christmas party.  Having a Christmas party at Myungsoo’s house has always been a tradition.  The reason for that was because none of them had any close relatives nearby to celebrate Christmas with, so one year his mom decided to throw a Christmas party by inviting Min’s family and her family to celebrate Christmas together.  His mom always made a 26 pound turkey, Min’s mom was in charge of the drinks, and her mom was in charge of making deserts. 

“I’m so excited for tonight!  I can’t wait to open up all the presents!” Min squeals in excitement.

Nicole giggles and nodded her head in agreement.    

“Yah…what did Minho say to you the other day?” Min questions.

Nicole bit her lower lip as she re-calls the memory 2 days ago before Christmas break started.  She smiles at Min and said “Well…before I tell you…promise me you won’t say anything to Myungsoo?”

Min’s eyes widen.  “Yah!  You know I can keep a secret!  I promise not to tell Myungsoo anything…now tell me!”

“Okay…okay…this is what happen…”

~Flashback~

“Hi guys!” Minho cheerfully said as he approaches Min and Nicole at their lunch table.

“Hi Minho!” Min cried as she smiles at him.

Nicole looks up from her textbook and says “Hello Minho.”

“Aren’t you going to sit down?” questions Min.

Minho shook his head no.  “Actually…can I talk in private with you Nicole?”

Nicole smiles and nodded her head yes.  “Give me a minute to put my books away first.”

Min made a face at him.  “Yah!  What’s so important that you can’t say it in front of me?”

Minho let out a small laugh and replies “I’m sorry Min…”

Nicole giggles as she got up and said “Bye Min…I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Min.” Minho said as he waves at her.

Min scoffs and mumbles “Whatever…”

Nicole followed Minho towards his locker and said “So…what’s up?”

Minho opens up his locker and gave her small Christmas present.  “I probably won’t see you during the holiday break…so Merry Christmas.”

Nicole’s eyes widen and said “Minho!  You didn’t have to get me a Christmas present!”

Minho smiles at her.  “I wanted to…here…just take it.”

“Oh Minho…I can’t…I didn’t get you anything…I would feel bad if I accept it.”

“I don’t care if you didn’t get me anything.  All you need to do is to accept my Christmas gift and I’ll be happy.”

“But…”

“If you consider me as a real friend…you would accept this.”

Nicole hesitated before she took the gift from him.  “Why are you so nice to me all the time?”

“Because you’re someone important to me.”  Minho said smiling at her.

Nicole threw her arms around him and gave him a tight hug.  “Thank you Minho.”

Minho was shock and surprised that Nicole was hugging him.  He wraps his arms around her tiny waist.  He could feel his heart beating faster by the minute and he couldn’t help smiling to himself.  “You’re welcome Nicole.”

She pulls back from him and asks “Are you okay Minho?”

“I’m fine…why do you ask?”

“Well…I could feel your heart beating really fast…”

Minho blushes as he quickly looks away from her.  Was he that obvious?  “Don’t you want to open up your gift?”

“Are you sure you want me to open it up now?”

“I would like you to…because I won’t see you for Christmas…plus I want to see the look on your face.”

Nicole giggles and nodded her head.  “This is so exciting!”  She quickly tears up her gift and gasp.  Minho got her a pair of earrings!

“Do you like it?  The earrings are shape as a princess cut diamond…it matches your necklace that I got you for your birthday.”

“Oh Minho!  They’re beautiful…but these must have cost you fortune.”

“Don’t worry about it…as long as you like them…I’m happy.”

“Thank you again Minho.” Nicole shyly said.

Minho pinches her left cheek with his right hand and said “You’re welcome.”  

~End of flashback~

“Omo!  He got you a pair of princess cut diamond earrings?!  How come you’re not wearing them?” Min demanded.

Nicole shrugs her shoulders and replies “I don’t want to lose them…besides…they’re expensive.”

Min rolls her eyes and scoffs “I think you’re just using that as an excuse so that Myungsoo doesn’t question you about it.”

“Think whatever you like Min…and truthfully…I don’t like wearing expensive jewelry.  Besides...I don’t want to be attack by thugs again!”

Min thought for a moment and said “I guess you’re right.  Ever since your encounter with those thugs…my mom has been keeping an eye out for me.  I still can’t believe your savior didn’t tell you his name.  Was he cute?”

“He wasn’t just cute…he was handsome!” Nicole squeals.  “If you saw him…you would have fallen for him.”

Min smiles at her and said “Maybe down the road you’ll be able to meet him again…if not…at least you’ll have a good memory of him.”

“That’s true…”

“Anyway…what did you get Myungsoo for Christmas?” Min asks as she brushes her hair.

“I got him the complete manga series “Naruto” and some comic books.” Nicole replied.

Min’s eyes widen.  “That must have been expensive!”

Nicole let out a small laugh and said “Yeah…but he is worth it.  What did you get him for Christmas?”

“I got him a cook book.” Min proudly answers.

“A cook book?”

“Yup!  I’d figured he might like to try some new recipes.”

“Is Mir coming to the party tonight?”

“No…he’s out of town...he won’t be back till the 30th.”

“What did he get you for Christmas?”

Min rolls her eyes.  “He got me a gift card to the mall…pretty lame huh?  I was pretty tick off at him.  I specifically told him I wanted a present this year…but he said he didn’t know what to buy me.”

Nicole burst out laughing and said “That’s Mir for you.”

“I think it was just an excuse because he hates shopping.”

“What guy doesn’t hate shopping?”

“What do you think Myungsoo got you for Christmas?”

“I’m not sure…he wouldn’t tell me.  I have been nagging him all week…I even bribed him…and that didn’t work either!”

Min laughs as she asks “What did you bribe him with?”

“I said I would sleep over at his house again…” Nicole trails off.

“WHAT?!” Min shouted.

“He said the bribe was tempting…but he still said no.” Nicole quickly said.

Min made a face at her.  “Good…I was going to say…I’m not backing you up this time!  I already covered your pretty on your birthday…and you’re lucky both of my parents were working a double shift that night…otherwise you would have been caught!”

Nicole laughs and hugs Min.  “I know…but he declined the bribed…so there is nothing to worry about.”

Min rolls her eyes and said “That’s not the point.”

“Okay…okay…I get your point.  Anyways…I love your Santa dress!  Where did you get it?”

“Thank you!  I got it at the Fox River Mall.  Speaking of Santa dress…where is yours?”

“It’s right here.” Nicole said as she grabs her Santa dress out from her bag.

“Omo!  That is so cute!” Min gushed.    

“Thanks!”

“You lost a lot of weight.”

“I know…do I look different?”

“Yes you do…in a good way.”

“Thanks Min!”

“Did you know that ever since you lost all that weight, there have been lots of guys checking you out?”

“Really?  Stop lying to me.”

“I’m serious!  Some of the guys that check you out all the time are: Jinwoon, Key, Dongwoon, Jaejin, and of course Minho.”

“Well…they can check me out all they want…I only have my eyes on my boyfriend.”

“Duh…I know that…but just keep in mind that if things don’t work out between you and Myungsoo…there are plenty of other guys out there.”

Nicole made a face at her and said “Whatever…”

Min laughs and smirks “Myungsoo is definitely gonna fall head over heels over you when he sees you in that dress!”

“Do you think so?”

“I KNOW so!”

The girls burst out into giggles as they continue to beauty themselves up for the party.

~5:00pm~

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

As Myungsoo opens up the door he almost had a heart-attack.  Nicole was dress up in a Santa dress smiling at him.  Her mom was standing behind her holding two grocery bags.

“Merry Christmas Myungsoo!” Nicole and her mom happily said.

“Merry Christmas!” Myungsoo cried.  “Please…come in.” 

Nicole happily walks in and as she looks around his house.  “Omo!  You guys decorated your house!  It’s so pretty!”

Myungsoo bit his lower lip as he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.  God…she was freaking HOT!  He snaps out of it and quickly offers to help Nicole’s mom carry the grocery bags into the kitchen.

Nicole and her mom followed him into their kitchen and Nicole squeals “Omo!  I can smell the turkey!  Yummy!”

Myungsoo laughs as he sets the bags on the table.  “Do you guys want anything to drink?”

Nicole shook her head no as her mom replies “No thank you sweetie.”

“Hello Shirley!  Hi Nicole!  Merry Christmas!” his mom shouted as she walks into the kitchen.

Nicole and her mom bows to his mom and said “Hello and Merry Christmas!”

“Do you need help with anything else mom?” questions Myungsoo.

His mom looks around and shook her head no.  “Just stay by the front door and welcome the guest.”

“Okay…” Myungsoo said as he quickly grabs Nicole by her right hand and drags her with him.

As soon as they were alone Myungsoo kissed her on the lips and whispers “I really like your dress.”

Nicole smiles as she wraps her arms around his neck.  “Thank you…do you think it’s a bit too revealing?”

Myungsoo shook his head no.  “You look really y…I can’t keep my eyes off of you.”

Nicole giggles and said “Well…you look very handsome yourself.  You’re right now…”

Myungsoo smirks at her as he leans in for another kiss.

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

Nicole giggles as Myungsoo made a face. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter