Chapter 19-And the winner is...

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Minho steps off the stage he ran up to Nicole and smiles at her. 

“So…what did you think of my performance?”

“You did an awesome job!  You have a really y voice!”

Minho blushes as he smiles at her.  “Thanks Nicole.  I can’t wait to see your performance.  Good luck to you.”

“Thank you.  I’m going to need it.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to our next performer.  Let’s give a warm welcome to Bae Soo Ji!”

Nicole made a face as she watches Suzy walks up on the stage.

Suzy smiles widely at the audience and happily says, “Hello!  My name is Bae Soo Ji…but I would prefer to be called Suzy.  Today I will be singing “No One” by Alicia Keys.  I personally want to dedicate this song to Kim Myungsoo.”

“Ah!!!!!!” The entire audience cried.

Nicole quickly turns her head and looks up at Myungsoo who was sitting at the top of the bleachers.  She could see him slouching down in his seat as he looked pretty embarrassed about it.  She could feel jealousy kicking in as Suzy waves at him in the crowd.  Who does Suzy think she is?  How dare she dedicate a song to him!  Didn’t she know that Myungsoo was her boyfriend?  Nicole didn’t want to act like a jealous girlfriend, but it bothered her that Suzy was trying her best to win Myungsoo’s heart.   

Myungsoo felt his face flushing with embarrassment as every single student in the entire audience turns their head to look at him.  Some of the students started whispering around him.

“He’s one lucky bastard!  She is FINE as hell!  I wish she would have dedicated a song to me!”

“I thought he had a girlfriend already?”

“She is really pretty!  He must be feeling really happy right now!”

“Aw…she’s adorable!  How lucky can he get?  I wish I was him right now.”

“Yah…Suzy must REALLY like you since she is dedicating this song to you!” Minhwan said with jealousy.

“This is so embarrassing!  I don’t even like her!” Myungsoo cried as he glares at Suzy.  What will it take to get through that thick head of hers that he had no interest in her at all?  The only girl that he liked was Jung Nicole…no one else!

Students started screaming as soon as Suzy started singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ywSFLZcOU

“Damn…her English isn’t that bad.” Min said as she stood next to Nicole.

Nicole nodded her head in agreement as she continues to watch Suzy sing.  Her performance was simple yet very good. 

“Yah…Suzy must really like Myungsoo.  First she kisses him at lunch, and then she dedicates a song to him?  What’s next?  Yah…doesn’t this bother you at all?” Min asks.

“Of course it bothers me…but what can I do?  Listen to the lyrics carefully…she is singing her heart out to him.” Nicole calmly explains.

Min frowns as she mutters, “She should back off.  He's YOUR man!  If she was trying to come in between Mir and I, I would have to kick her pretty little .”

Nicole laughs as she looks at Min.  “Violence doesn’t solve anything Min.”

Min sighs and rolls her eyes.  “It does to me.”

“You’re up next…are you nervous?”

“Not really…are you?”

“Of course I am!  I’m so nervous that I might even back out!”

“Yah!  You better not!  You’ve been practicing hard for 2 weeks!  Myungsoo and I barely saw you.”

“I was just kidding Min…I wouldn’t do that.  Anyways…good luck to you.”

“Thanks…you too.”

After Suzy was done performing, there was a roar of applause from the audience.  The three judges whispers to each other was scribbled something down on a piece of paper.

“Thank you!” Suzy happily cried as she bows to the audience.

“Yah…why aren’t you clapping?” Minhwan questions as he nudges Myungsoo with his left elbow.

Myungsoo scoffs.  “You call that singing?  There were other students that sang better than her.”

Minhwan shrugs his shoulders as he focused his attention back to the stage.  “Omo!  I think Min is up next!”

Myungsoo smiles as he sat up from the bleachers.  Finally!  We get to see some REAL talent!  Myungsoo thought to himself.

“Whoa!  What an amazing performance by Bae Soo Ji!  Next up is Lee Min Young!  Let’s give her a warm welcome!” Mr. Lee excitedly says.

The crowd started cheering as Min makes her way up to the stage.  There were some students that started chanting, “Min!  Min!  Min!”

She took the microphone from Mr. Lee and says, “Hello!  My name is Lee Min Young and today I will be dancing for you guys.  I hope you’ll enjoy my performance!”

Myungsoo clapped his hands loudly and shouted, “Break a leg Min-ish!”

“That’s my girl!” Mir shouted excitedly as he jumps up and down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNgSbAx7nc

Nicole claps along with the crowd as she cheers her friend on.  “Go Min!”

“Yah!  Nicole!” Shouted a voice behind her.

“Omo!  You guys are FINALLY here!” Nicole squeals as she hugs all four girls.  “What took you guys so long?”

“SOMEONE had to use the bathroom at the last minute.” One of the girls said.

“Shut up!  I really had to go!  We’re here aren’t we?” The other girl calmly said.

“Are we up next?” One of the other girl asks.

Nicole nodded her head yes.  “Go get changed…we have two minutes before we go on stage.”

“Yah…did he show up yet?” The last girl asks.

“Yup…he’s here already.”

“Perfect…we’ll be out in a minute.”

“Okay.”

After Min was done performing, the entire audience starting cheering and clapping for her.  She saw the three judges whispering something to each other again and scribble something down.  They look up at her and smiled.  Omo!  They’re so HOT!  She could feel her face growing hot.

“Wow!  That was such a cool performance!” Mr. Lee said as Min walks off the stage.

Min quickly hugs Nicole and whispers into her right ear.  “Break a leg Nicole!  I’ll be rooting for you!”

Nicole giggles and said, “Thank you Min-ish!”

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are down to our last performer for the nday.  Let’s give a warm welcome to Jung Yong Joo!” Mr. Lee happily cried.

Nicole nervously steps onto the stage as she brought a chair with her.  Some of the students warmly welcomed her by clapping their hands; whereas some of the other students started whispering to each other.

“Omo…what’s with the chair?”

“I’m curious to see what her talent is?”

“Didn’t she used to be fat?  Is that really her?”

“Do you think she can dance?”

Myungsoo glares at all of the students around him and snarls, “Shut up!”

Everyone around him froze as he snaps at them.  He glares at them with his frosty eyes and coldly says, “If you guys don’t have anything nice to say, I would suggest you to keep your mouth shut or else my fist will be in your face.”

“Calm down Myungsoo.” Minhwan said as he smirks.  Some of the students immediately shut their mouth and quickly scooted away from them. 

Kim Sang Bum, Lee Min Ho, and Kim Hyun-Joong raised their eye brow up as Nicole shyly introduces herself.

“Hello!  My name is Jung Yong Joo…but I would prefer to be called Nicole.  I will be dancing, singing, and rapping today...so I hope everyone will enjoy my performance.  Thank you!”

“This is going to be interesting!” Lee Min Ho excitedly whispers.

“Omo!  When did she become a blonde?  I hardly recognized her!  She doesn’t look bad at all!” Kim Hyun-Joong whispers as he smiles to himself.

“Let’s see what she has in store for us.” Kim Sang Bum says as he winks at her.

Nicole sat down on the chair and waited for the music to start.  She looks up at the bleachers and saw Myungsoo waving his hands at her.  He happily shouted, “I LOVE YOU NICOLE!”

Myungsoo didn’t care if everyone was looking at him.  He was proud of having Nicole as his girlfriend and he wanted everyone to know that he supported her 100%.

Nicole smiles as she waves back at Myungsoo.  This song is for you Kim Myungsoo.  I love you!  The music started and a huge smile appeared on her face. 

NICOLE JUNG LOST SONG LYRICS:

Outside the window, the lights extinguish one by one
In the dark, I became used to this before I even knew it
In these memories which cannot be erased, I take hold of you
Today, I'm battling with the tears again

(Every time I walk to a place, I see you)
Your traces, your scent, the movement of your hand
(They come faintly to me, then strongly overwhelm me once more)
Just like the time when I first saw you

It didn't change, it's still like how it was before
What you gave me was just too much
There are memories no matter where I go
It's pretty nostalgic
I still can't feel comfortable on my own
I will be searching for you

Before I know it, the days have flown past
In this small room, I put a stop to time
I've been locked in here since I don't know when
Until now, I'm stopping it by myself

(Every time I look at you, I see you standing next to me)
Those days, that image, at that time, as it was
(I'm scared that it might all vanish, so I cling onto my memories once again)
I'm still like a fool

It didn't change, it's still like how it was before
What you gave me was just too much
There are memories no matter where I go
It's pretty nostalgic
I still can't feel comfortable on my own
I will be searching for you

One shot two shot
I remember those eyes
I think it's a little off though please tell me why
One shot two shot
Fates pulling the lines
Lies flashback
I remember those eyes

Perhaps it's like that
What you gave me was just too much
I still have lingering affections for you
As if I'm calling out for you
Even in this manner, I will continue this
I will be searching for you

“Omo!  Who is that hot guy that is singing with her?”

“Dang…they look cute together!”

“She has back up dancers?”

“Wow…her outfit is HOT!”

“Damn…look at those curves!”

Myungsoo looks over at the students and glares at them.  How dare they check his girlfriend out?!  And who the hell was that guy that was singing with Nicole? 

After her performance, there was a roar of applause from the audience.  The judges all smirks at each other and quickly scribble something down on a piece of paper.  They were seen whispering excitedly to each other and pointing their finger at Nicole.

“Wow!  That performance blew me away!” Mr. Lee cried.  Nicole smiled widely and bows at the audience.  She quickly left the stage and was greeted by Minho and Min.

“You did an awesome job!” Min squeaks.

“You’re full of surprises.  By the way…I really like your outfit.” Minho shyly says.

“Thanks guys!” Nicole said smiling at them.

“Are you guys enjoying the show so far?” Mr. Lee asks the audience.

“YES!” The entire audience happily shouted. 

“You guys are probably wondering who is going to win 1st place of the Talent Show correct?  Well…our special judges have been writing down which performances they have liked, and they will each be revealing only one contestant that will move on to the next round.  The contestant that is picked will be going up against each other, and the audience will then decide who they want to crowd as the winner.  Does that sound fair?” Mr. Lee explains.

“YES!” The entire audience happily cried.

As the three judges stood up from their seats and walks up to the stage, Mr. Lee handed Kim Sang Bum the microphone.

Kim Sang Bum smiles at the audience and all of the female students started squealing with excitement.

Myungsoo rolls his eyes as he shook his head.  His brother was such a flirt.

Kim Sang Bum grins and says, “Wow!  Seoul High School definitely has a lot of talented students.  Since we’re only allowed to pick one contestant…my vote goes out to Nicole Jung.”    

Nicole’s eyes widen as Min and Minho pushes her up to the stage.  Oh my god!  Is this really happening?  Did Kim Sang Bum just pick her?  This was too good to be true!  She pinches herself just to make sure that she wasn’t dreaming…and when she felt the pain…she realized that it wasn’t a dream.  She slowly walks over to the judges and bows at Kim Sang Bum.  She was really thankful that he had chosen her performance out of 200 other students.

Myungsoo stood up from his seat and started shouting like crazy.  “Yeah!  Go Nicole!”

Minhwan and a few other students stood up with Myungsoo and started chanting “Nicole!  Nicole!  Nicole!”

Nicole giggles and quickly waves at Myungsoo.  She was so happy that she didn’t care who the other two contestants were going to be.

Kim Sang Bum started laughing as he hands the microphone over to Lee Min Ho.  It was fun watching his little brother acting like a crazy fan boy over Nicole.

Lee Min Ho smiles at the crowd and says, “As for me, my vote goes to Bae Joo Si.”

Myungsoo made a face as he quickly sits down.  “Out of all the other students…he had to pick Suzy?”

“Suzy wasn’t that bad.” Minhwan said as he claps his hands together.

There were cheers coming from the audience as Suzy walks up to the stage.  She stood next to Nicole and bows at her.  Nicole politely bows back and smiles at her.

Lee Min Ho hands the microphone over to Kim Hyun-Joong and he happily says, “And last but not least…my vote goes to Choi Minho.”

As Minho walks up to the stage, there were screaming girls chanting, “Minho!  Minho!  Minho!”

Minho winks at the audience and waves his hands at them.

“Thank you very much judges.  Here is your top 3 that will face off against each other.  We are going to take a half hour break…and during the half hour break, each of you guys will need to come up with a dance routine that will win the audience votes.  The student with the most vote will win the grand prize of $1,000.00 in cash along with a $200.00 gift card to the Fox River Mall." Mr. Lee explains.     

A half hour to think of a dance routine?  Omo!  What kind of dance should she dance to?  Nicole nervously thought to herself.

Mr. Lee looks at Nicole, Suzy, and Minho and says, “You guys may leave the stage to go prepare yourself.”

Nicole followed Minho and Suzy off the stage. 

“Nicole!” Kim Hyeong Kon shouted as he ran towards her.

“Hi oppa!”

“Congratulations!  You made it to the top 3!”

“I couldn’t have done it without you and your back up dancers.  Thank you so much oppa…I owe you one.”

Kim Hyeong Kon smiles at her and ruffles her hair.  “Hm…how about treating me out to dinner if you win 1st place?”

“That’s a deal!  Whether I win 1st place or not, I’ll still treat you out to dinner.”

“You better keep your promise!”

“Would I lie to you?”

“I would hope not…anyways…have you thought of what kind of dance you’ll be dancing to?”

“I do have something in mind…but I might need your help.”

“Hey…you know I’ll do anything to help you out.”

“Thank you oppa!”

Myungsoo watches from the bleachers as Nicole disappears with the handsome guy.  He felt jealously rushing through his veins as he clutches both his fist together.  Nicole never mention anything about a guy singing a duet with her and it bothered him that she kept it a secret from him.  If anything…why didn’t she ask HIM to sing a duet with her? 

“What’s up with the sour face?” Minhwan asks.

Myungsoo bit his lower lip.  “I need to stretch my legs…I’ll be right back.”

Minhwan shrugs his shoulders as he watches Myungsoo gloomily walks away.

“Kim Myungsoo!” A voice shouted from behind.

Myungsoo stops walking and stood still.  Although he recognized the voice, he didn’t bother turning around.

“Yeah?”

“How have you been?”

“Good...and you?”

“I’m doing good…but dad isn’t.”

Myungsoo sighs and slowly turns around and stared at his brother with his cold eyes.

“What does that have to do with me?”

“He’s our dad.”

“He’s YOUR dad…not my dad.”

“Why are you acting like that?  Dad is really sick.”

“So...what's your point?”

“He wants to see you before his condition get any worse.”

“Is that the reason why you agreed to be one of the judges so you can convince me to go visit YOUR sick dad?”

Kim Sang Bum angrily walks up to Myungsoo and grabs him by his collar.  “Yah!  How dare you talk to your hyung like that?”

Myungsoo scoffs and smirks at him.  “You better take your hands off of me right now before I punch you in the face.”

Kim Sang Bum grins at  him and says, “Try me.”

“What’s going on here?” A voice asks.

Kim Sang Bum turns around and saw Min and Mir standing there with a confused look on their faces.  He slowly let go of Myungsoo’s collar and hissed, “If I can’t get you to come and visit dad…don’t blame me for using other methods.”

Myungsoo eyes widen as he watches his brother walk away from him. 

Min and Mir quickly runs up to him.  “Is everything okay Myungsoo?”

“Yeah…everything’s fine…let’s go.” Myungsoo coldly replied.

What the hell was that all about?  Min thought to herself as she watches Myungsoo angrily walks away.

30 minutes later

“Welcome back everyone!” Mr. Lee happily said.  Every student in the audience was given a buzzer once they got back to their seats.  There were three colors on the buzzer.  The first color on the buzzer was pink, the second buzzer was blue, and the third buzzer was red.

“Ah…is this how we’re going to vote?” Minhwan questions as he observes the buzzer.

Myungsoo ignores him as he tries to focus his attention on Mr. Lee.

“Everyone is probably wondering why they have received a buzzer correct?  Well, the buzzer is a way for you to vote who you want to win for this year’s Talent Show.  Our first contestant will be performing first is Nicole Jung.  Her color will be pink.  If you like her performance, you will press the pink button.  You can only vote once, so once you hit the buzzer, you can no longer vote.  Our second performer will be Choi Minho and his color will be blue.  Our last performer for the day will be Bae Soo Ji and her color will be red.  Everyone can vote in the end once all three students are done performing.” Mr. Lee excitedly explains.

Myungsoo smiles to himself as he already knew he was going to vote for Nicole.  For some odd reason, Kim Sang Bum’s words kept coming back to him.  If I can’t get you to come and visit dad…don’t blame me for using other methods.  What the hell did he mean by that?

“Are you okay dude?” Minhwan questions as he snaps his fingers in front of his face.

Myungsoo snaps out of it and scoffs.  “I’m fine.  I wish Mr. Lee would quit yapping and get on with the show.”

Minhwan laughs and nodded his head in agreement.  “Me too…I’m quite curious who is going to win the Talent Show.”

“Alright…let’s get on with the show!  Let’s give a BIG applause to Nicole Jung!” Mr. Lee shouted.

The entire audience started clapping while Myungsoo stood up from his seat and started screaming, “Go Nicole!  That’s my girl!”

All of a sudden all of the lights shut off.  The gymnasium was pitch black and there were many students that started screaming in excitement as they saw a bunch of green laser light beams shining on the stage.  Myungsoo eyes widen as he saw Nicole pop out on the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEPcBsB87Pc&feature=related

Once Nicole was done performing, all of the students stood up from their seats and started clapping and screaming. 

“Omo!  I wasn’t expecting that from her!”

“Her dancing was so cool!”

“I wish I could dance like her!”

“I’m going to vote for her!”

“I hope she wins!”

“Dang!  Nicole’s performance was awesome!” Minhwan cried as he claps for her.

Myungsoo was clapping and screaming along with everybody else.  He wasn’t expecting her to dance to Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” song and her outfit was super y!

All three judges were seen standing on their feet as they clap and whistle at Nicole.  Nicole quickly bows to everyone and waves excitedly to Myungsoo.  He quickly waves back and blows her a huge kiss.  She pretends to catch his kiss and plants it on her lips.    

“Yah!  How corny can you get?” Minhwan teased as he rolls his eyes at him.

Myungsoo ignores his comment.  "Whatever..."  He couldn’t wait spend some time with her after the Talent Show was over.

“Wow!  What a powerful dance from Nicole Jung!  I was blown away!” Mr. Lee excitedly said.  “Judges…what did you think of Nicole’s dance?”

“I’m speechless right now.  That was probably the best dance I have ever seen!” Lee Min Ho gushes.

Kim Hyun-Joong smiles and says, “I was very impressed.  You definitely have my vote!”

Kim Sang Bum smirks and winks at her.  “I think I’m already looking at the winner of the Talent Show.”

Nicole squeals in excitement as she bows to all three judges.  “Thank you for your kind words!”  She quickly dashes off the stage as she runs over to Min and Mir.

“Ah…I can’t wait to see what Choi Minho has in store for us!  Let’s not waste any more time.  Let’s give a HUGE applause for Choi Minho!” Mr. Lee happily shouted.

Minho quickly runs to the stage and position himself as a bright white light dims on him.  As the music started, you could hear every single girl in the gymnasium screaming their head off as Minho started dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h4hTnINQoY

“Omo!  Look at his abs!” Min squeals as Minho shows off his muscular waist.

“Yah!  You shouldn’t be looking at other men!” Mir cried as he tries to cover Min’s eyes with both of his hands.

“Mir!  Stop!  Why can’t I look?!  It’s not like I’m going to touch them!” Min pouted as she tries to move away from him.

Nicole giggles as she turns her attention back to Minho who just finished performing on stage.  She covered her ears with both hands because there were too many girls screaming.  They loved what they were seeing because of Minho’s perfect hard rock abs.

Minho quickly buttons up his jacket as he waves his hands to the audience.

“Whew!  You sure know how to woo the ladies!” Mr. Lee teased.  “Judges…what did you think of Choi Minho’s performance?”

Kim Sang Bum scoffs and says, “I’m really jealous of his abs.”

His comment caused the entire audience burst out laughing. 

“But overall…his dancing was well coordinated and well received.  I wish you the best of luck.” Kim Sang Bum said.

Lee Min Ho excitedly says, “I felt like I was watching the “REAL” Usher performing on stage.  It was amazing!  I really enjoyed it!”

“Your dancing was perfect and I loved the way how confident you were when you performed.” Kim Hyun-Joong said as he smiles at him.

Minho bows at all three judges and says, “Thank you so much!”

As Minho walks off the stage, Mr. Lee announced “Alright…for our last performance of the show, let’s welcome Bae Soo Ji to the stage!”

Suzy quickly walks up to the stage carrying a chair along with her.  Many students were curious if she was going to be copying Nicole’s performance and they started whispering to each other.

“What’s up with the chairs?”

“Is she going to do a repeat o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter