Chapter 5-I LIKE YOU

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo stared into Nicole’s glittering eyes.  Did she just say he was her shining knight?  Was she confessing her feelings for him?

“The reason why I said you’re my shining knight is…because you saved me from those 3 bullies when I was young.” Nicole quickly said.

“Is that it?” question Myungsoo feeling a little disappointed.

Nicole quickly looks away from him.  Should she confess her feelings for him?  No…if she did, he would be scared of her and probably won’t talk to her for the rest of her life.  She didn’t want to jeopardize their friendship.

“Um…yeah.” Nicole lied.  She felt like kicking herself in the for not telling him the truth.

Myungsoo scoffs as he continues to stare at her.  She was a horrible liar, but he didn’t want to pressure her for not telling the truth. 

As they continue to walk home hand-in-hand, Nicole finally asks “How come you never call me noona?  I AM older than you by a year you know?  After all these years, you only call me by Nicole or the nickname you gave me on my 14th birthday…Cola.”

Myungsoo grins and replies “Calling you noona makes you sound old.  So what if you’re a year older than me?  What difference does it make?  I like calling you by your name…and your nickname.”

Nicole smiles to herself but she wasn’t satisfied with his answer.  She decided to nag him again.  “Well…there has to be a reason why you like calling me by my first name?  And what makes you think I like you calling me Cola?”

Myungsoo stops walking and stares into her shimmering eyes.  “I’m ONLY going to say this once, and you better listen carefully because I’m NOT going to repeat myself.  I like calling you by your first name because…I LIKE YOU…and I like calling you Cola because…you’re someone who is nice, forgiving, caring, and understandable.  I know you like me calling you Cola because you have never once complain about it.”

Nicole’s eyes widen as she was speechless.  He likes her?!  Oh my god!  Was he confessing to her?!  Wait...or was he just saying he likes her just to make her feel better?  She notices that his face was starting to turn red. 

Myungsoo could feel his cheeks burning.  He quickly looks away from her as they continue to walk home.  He couldn’t believe he just said that to her?!  He wasn’t sure what was going through her mind, but he smiles to himself as she squeezed his hand.

Nicole would steal glances at Myungsoo every now and then, and every time she did, she could feel her heart fluttered.  She hated to admit this, but she was starting to really LIKE Myungsoo more than just a friend. 

As soon as they reach her house, Myungsoo clears his throat and says “Say hi to your mom for me.”

Nicole nodded her head and finally let go of his hand.  “I’ll see you tomorrow.  Have a good night Myungsoo.”

“Yeah…see you.” said Myungsoo.  He watch her enters her house safely before he started walking towards his house.

 

~Later in the evening (7:00 pm)~

As Nicole was sitting on her bed, Myungsoo’s words kept flashing back into her mind.

“I’m ONLY going to say this once, and you better listen carefully because I’m NOT going to repeat myself.  I like calling you by your first name because…I LIKE YOU…and I like calling you Cola because…you’re someone who is nice, forgiving, caring, and understandable.”

Her mind was disturbed by her cell phone vibrating.  She pick up her cell phone and saw that she got a text message from Min.

Text message from Min: “Can I come over?”

Text message to Min: “Sure…come on over!”

Text message from Min: “Sweet!  I will be over in 2 minutes!”

Ding Dong!  Ding Dong!  Ding Dong!

 

“Don’t worry mom, it’s just Min.” Nicole cried as she ran out of her room to open the front door.

As soon as Nicole opens up the front door, Min was standing there in her Hello Kitty pajamas with pink slippers.

“Come in!” said Nicole excitedly.

Min walks into their house and whispers “Let’s go to your room.”

Nicole nodded her head.  “Mom, if you need anything, Min and I will be in my room.”

“Okay sweetie!” shouted Nicole’s mom from the living room.

As soon as they reach Nicole’s room, Min flop onto her bed and said “Alright, tell me everything!”

Nicole laughs and sits on her bed.  “Well, first of all…Choi Minho is in my class.”

“WHAT?!  Are you serious?!  Oh my god!  I am so jealous of you right now!” scream Min.

Nicole rolls her eyes at Min, and asks “What’s so great about him?  Is it because he is good-looking?  Why is it always about looks and never about their personality?" 

Min giggles and replies “You’re so old-fashion Nicole.  It’s not about personality anymore…looks always comes first.  Anyways…continue on.”

“Well, Mrs. Kim told us that our Senior Project class got picked this year to come up with the Homecoming Theme and all that good stuff like hiring the DJ, decorations, etc…Anyways, she divided our class into 3 groups and Minho happen to be in my group.  Our group was in charge of coming up with the Homecoming Theme and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter