Chapter 16-The horrible surprise!

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~New Year’s Day (12:30pm)~

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

“Honey…can you please get the door?  I’m on the phone with your grandma!” her mom shouted from the kitchen.

“Sure mom!” Nicole cried as she got up from the sofa.  As soon as she opens up the door, she saw a smiling Myungsoo winking at her.

“Hi Cola.”

“Omo!  What  are you doing here?”

“Did you forget that I was going to join you and Kim Sang Bum for lunch?” Myungsoo coldly respond as he walks inside.

Nicole scoffs and closes the door.  “Suit yourself.”

Myungsoo raised his left eye brow up.  “Why?  You don’t want me to come?”

Nicole wraps her arms around his muscular waist and looks up at him.  “It's not that I don't want you to come…I’m just afraid your brother won't agree to it.”

“Oh well.  I’m tagging along whether he likes it or not.” Myungsoo smirks as he kissed her on the nose.

Nicole giggles as she hugs him tighter. 

“Hello Myungsoo!” her mom happily greeted.

Myungsoo bows to her mom and greeted back “Hello Ms. Kim.”

“Are you heading into work again mom?” Nicole questions.

Her mom shook her head yes.  “It’s going to be a busy day again.  I’ll see you tonight honey.”

“Bye mom.” Nicole said as she hugs her.  “Drive safely.”

“I will.  Good-bye Myungsoo.” her mom says as she leaves.

Myungsoo bows to her mom and said “Good-bye Ms. Kim.”

As soon as Nicole's mom left, Myungsoo quickly picks Nicole up bridal style and carries her to the living room.  As he carefully sets her down on the sofa he commented “You seem to be lighter every time I pick you up.”

“Really?  That’s not what your brother said.”

“What?!  How would he know?  Unless he picked you up before…wait...DID he pick you up?”

“Yes...but it was because I wouldn't get in his car.”

Myungsoo made a face and growls, “I’m going to kick his when I see him.”

“Kick his ?  Yah!  You better not pick a fight today!”

“Why not?”

“Kim Myungsoo!  If you’re tagging along today just to fight, then I don’t want you to come at all.  Don’t you want to take this time to get to know your brother?”

Myungsoo made a face and replies “I do…but having lunch together with my girlfriend isn’t exactly a good way to get to know him better.”

“Promise me you won’t fight with him?” Nicole pleaded.

Myungsoo sighs and mumbles, “Fine.”

Nicole kissed him on the lips and said “Thank you.”

~1:00pm~

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

Myungsoo groans as he knew who was at the door.  He slowly follows Nicole as he mutters, "This is going to be interesting..." 

As Nicole opens up the door, Kim Sang Bum was standing there holding a dozen of purple roses in front of him. 

Kim Sang Bum smiles at both of them and happily greeted “Hello Nicole.  Hello Myungsoo.”

Nicole bows and happily greeted back “Hello Kim Sang Bum.  Please come in.”

“Who are the roses for?” Myungsoo rudely asks without acknowledging him.

Nicole quickly elbows Myungsoo in his stomach and hissed “Yah!  Be polite.”

Kim Sang Bum laughs and calmly replies “These roses are for Nicole.  It’s a small way of saying how sorry I am for the way how I was driving last night.”

Nicole’s eyes widen as she madly blushes.  “You didn’t have to buy me roses!”

“I know…but as I was driving by the flower shop, I saw the roses displayed up in their front store and I immediately thought of you.”

 

Nicole's eyes widen as she quickly looks down on the ground.  If she accepted the roses, Myungsoo was going to flip out.  If she declined, then Kim Sang Bum would be sad.  What should she do?

Myungsoo quickly grabs the roses from Kim Sang Bum and rudely says “I’ll take care of the roses for you Nicole.”

Nicole gave Myungsoo a confused look as he walks away towards the kitchen holding the roses tightly in his hands. 

“Um…thanks.” Nicole mutters.

Kim Sang Bum let out a small laugh and says, “You’re welcome.”

After a few minutes, Myungsoo came back and wraps his right arm around her shoulder and smirks.  “By the way, did Nicole tell you that I’ll be joining you guys for lunch?”

Kim Sang Bum looks at Nicole and smiled widely at her.  “No…she didn’t."

Nicole mumbles "Sorry Kim Sang Bum...but is it alright if Myungsoo comes with us?"

Kim Sang Bum smirks and replies “That's fine with me."

Myungsoo grins as he follows Nicole out the door.  There was no chance in hell that he was going to leave his girlfriend alone with Kim Sang Bum.

As they reach Kim Sang Bum yellow Lexus Super Sports car, he turns around and explains, "Since my car can only fit one person, is it okay if Nicole rides with me and you follow us?”

Myungsoo scoffs and narrows his eyes at Kim Sang Bum.  “I don't think so.  I have a better idea.  Why don't you ride alone and Nicole can ride with me?  What do you say Cola?"

Kim Sang Bum laugh out loud and says “Why don’t we let Nicole decide who she wants to ride with?  How does that sound?"

Nicole bit her lips and quickly answers, “I'm going to ride with Myungsoo...um…is it alright if you follow us?”  

Kim Sang Bum smiles and replies “Sure.  But whose car am I following?”

“You’ll be following my mom’s car.” Myungsoo quickly answers.  “Let’s go Cola.”

Before Nicole could say sorry to Kim Sang Bum, Myungsoo drags her away from him.

5 minutes later

While Myungsoo was driving, Nicole turns to look at him and asks, “Yah!  Can’t you be a little nicer to your brother when you’re talking to him?”

Myungsoo scoffs as he replies, “Why?  I don’t know him well enough to be nice to him…yet.”

Nicole crossed her arms in front of her chest and rolls her eyes at him.  “Whatever…”

“Where did you want to go eat at?”

“Omo!  Let's go to Mayflower restaurant!"

“Mayflower sounds good to me…I haven’t been there for a while.”

~10 minutes later~

 “Hello!  Welcome to Mayflower.  Would you guys like a booth or a table?” the host happily asks.

“We would like a booth please.” Myungsoo quickly replied.

Kim Sang Bum scoffs and crossed his arms.  “How come you’re making all the decisions here?”

Myungsoo turns to look at him with his cold eyes.  “Excuse me?”

“Let’s go.” Nicole quickly said as she pulls Myungsoo away.

Their host led them to a booth near the window and happily said “Your waiter will be with you shortly.”

Nicole slid all the way to the window as Myungsoo sat next to her.  Kim Sang Bum sat across from Nicole and smiles at her.

“So…what made you pick this restaurant?”

“They have excellent food here.” Nicole explains.

“Really?”

“Yup.”

Myungsoo glares at Kim Sang Bum with his cold eyes and suddenly asks “What’s your intention with my girlfriend?”

Nicole took her left hand and pinches Myungsoo on his right thigh.  He quickly takes his right hand and holds her hand tightly before she could pull it back. 

Kim Sang Bum laughs and answers “My intention?  What makes you say that?  Can’t I treat your beautiful girlfriend out to lunch?”

Myungsoo scoffs and says “Let me make this clear to you.  Nicole is MINE!  I would really appreciate it if you keep your comments about her to yourself.”

“Myungsoo…be nice.” Nicole hissed as she squeezed his hand.

Kim Sang Bum smirks at him.  “Are you jealous that I’m giving her a compliment?  Shouldn’t you be happy when you hear other people compliment your girlfriend?”

Before Myungsoo could say anything back, their waiter came up to them and happily greeted “Hello!  My name is Lee Joon.  Can I start you guys off with something to drink?”

“I would like a glass of water.” Nicole answers smiling.

Lee Joon smiles and winks at her.  “You’re very pretty.  How old are you?”

Nicole blushes as she mutters “Thank you...I'm 18 years old.”

Myungsoo shot their Lee Joon a dirty look.  “Are you blind or something?  She's my girlfriend...and quit flirting with her.  Now give me a Mello Yellow.”

Lee Joon scoffs at him and says, "I wasn't flirting with your girlfriend.  I was just asking how old she was...chill out man."

Kim Sang Bum chuckles to himself.  He loved the way how his little brother was acting like a jealous fool over something really small.  “I would like a Diet Coke please.”

Lee Joon quickly writes down their drinks and happily says “Perfect.  I’ll be right back.”

“Thank you.” Nicole said.

Myungsoo turns to look at Nicole and whines “Yah!  Why are you so pretty?”

Nicole rolls her eyes at him and laughs.  “I can’t help it…I was born pretty.”

Kim Sang Bum scoffs.  “My…my…aren’t we a little conceited here?”

“Yah!  I was just kidding!”

“Sure…whatever you say.”

Lee Joon came back with their drinks and asks “Are you guys ready to order or do you need more time?”

Nicole replies “I think we're ready.  I would like to order the shrimp fried rice with a bowl of chicken soup.”

“I want a bowl of PHO.” Myungsoo quickly said.

Kim Sang Bum looks at Lee Joon and says “As for me…I would like a side of crab ragoons and the 12 piece crispy chicken wings with a small bowl of white rice.”

“Alright…your order should be ready in 10 minutes.  Thank you.” Lee Joon said as he walks away.

Kim Sang Bum looks at Nicole and says “Instead of calling me Kim Sang Bum…I want you to call me oppa.”

“Hell no.” Myungsoo quickly said.

Kim Sang Bum looks at Myungsoo and grins.  “Why not?  I’m older than her…so I think it’s more appropriate for her to call me “oppa” rather than Kim Sang Bum.”

Myungsoo scoffs and narrows his eyes at him.  “I’m not going to let her call you oppa.”

Kim Sang Bum ignores him and smiles at Nicole.  "What do you say?  Call me oppa?"

Nicole nervously looks at Myungsoo and Kim Sang Bum.  She didn’t want to upset either of them so she finally said, “Um…instead of me calling you “oppa” can I just call you Kim Bum?”

Myungsoo smiled widely at her and squeezes her hand.  “Kim Bum sounds better than oppa…I approve.”

“Why do you take orders from him like that?  You’re just his girlfriend…not his wife.” Kim Sang Bum said looking into her glittering eyes.

Nicole giggles and says “What are you talking about?  I don’t take orders from him.  I make my own decisions and I don't need his approval for anything.”

“Excuse me?” Myungsoo cried as he pinches her left cheek.

“Ow!  Yah!  What did you do that for?  That hurt!”

“Good…”

“You’re mean!  I like Kim Bum better.” Nicole teased.

“What?!  You better take that back!” Myungsoo threaten as he reaches to pinch her cheek again.

“Yah!” Nicole yelps as she quickly covers both of her cheeks with both hands.  “Stop!”

“Or what?”

“Or…or…I’m going to sit next to Kim Bum!”

Kim Sang Bum grins and says “You can sit next to me…I don’t bite…unless you want me to.”

“Hell no!” Myungsoo quickly said as he wraps his right arm around her shoulder.  He leans his face towards her and growls “You’re not going anywhere.”

Nicole started laughing until somebody caught her eye.  That somebody was no other than Suzy who happen to look her way. 

As soon as Suzy saw Myungsoo she pointed at him and happily shouted “Yah!  You're here too?!”

Myungsoo looks away from Nicole and saw that annoying girl marching towards him.  What the hell?  Was she stalking him?

Nicole frowns as Suzy approach their table.  She stares at Myungsoo and cheerfully said  “Do you mind if I join you guys?”

“Hell no!” Myungsoo quickly replies before anyone else agreed.

Suzy pouted “Please?  Please?  Please?”

Nicole scratches her neck awkwardly and said “Um…”

“Please?” Suzy begged as she looks at Nicole.

Nicole sighs and nodded her head yes. 

Myungsoo threw Nicole a dirty look as she kept her head down.

“Omo!  Thank you so much!” Suzy squeals as she sits next to Kim Sang Bum.

“What are you doing here?  Are you stalking me?” Myungsoo asks glaring at her.

Suzy scoffs and replies “Stalking you?  Are you serious?  I’m not that kind of person.  I was hungry and my butler told me this restaurant has really good food because it’s rated 4 out of 5 stars.”

Lee Joon brought out their food and looks at Suzy.  “Omo…I’m sorry...did I forget you?  I thought there were only 3 people at this table?”

Suzy beams at him and says “It was supposed to be 3, but I wanted to eat with them at the same table.  Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter