Chapter 22-The Cruel Joke

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 1st (April Fools)

6:45am (Friday)

Nicole laid on her bed staring at the ceiling as she hugs tightly onto Myungsoo’s cola bear that he had gotten her or her birthday.  It has been two weeks already since he broke up with her she tried her best to forget him but failed miserably.  She missed him terribly and what made it worse was that within those two weeks they haven't spoken a word to each other.  Min refuses to talk to him and whenever Suzy and him would have lunch with them at the same table, there was always a cat fight between Min and Suzy.  Mir and Minho would constantly break them apart before they would kill each other.  Myungsoo and her would quietly watch everything without getting involved.  Every time she saw him, she felt like her heart was ready to burst from her chest.  What made her angry the most was that Suzy would purposely hold his hand in front of her and leaned her head on his shoulder.  Every time Suzy did that to him, she would feel her blood boiling up with major jealousy.  When news broke out that Myungsoo dump her for Suzy, Hyuna and her gang of friends threw a big party for them. Wherever she walked around school, she could hear students saying mean stuff about her.

"That’s Myungsoo’s ex-girlfriend?  Didn't she use to the fat?"

“Suzy is prettier than her.  I can't believe Myungsoo actually dated her!"

“Myungsoo is finally upgrading himself!”

“She’s cute…but Suzy is cuter.”

“Do you think she'll date anyone else?"

Tears fell down on her cheek as she sat up on her bed.  She was used to people putting her down but no matter how hard she tried to ignore their comments, she was always outnumbered.  Everything was getting to her physically and mentally.  She didn't know how long she would be able to endure this pain inside of her.  Since the breakup, she had been skipping meals and constantly working out and dancing with Hyeong Kon.  She had lost 10 pounds in two short weeks which wasn't healthy for her at all.  Her mom was so worried about her, that she took three days off from work to keep an eye on her just in case anything was to happen to her.  The more she thought about Myungsoo, the more stressed out and depressed she would get.

“Honey?  Are you up yet?” Her mom asks knocking on her door.

Nicole quickly wiped her tears away and replied, "I'm up."

"Breakfast is ready.  I am heading off to work right now.  I will see you tonight."

"Thanks mom!  Drive safely.  I love you!"

"I love you too sweetie!”

Lunchtime

"Guess what day it is today?" Min happily cried as she pulls up a chair next to Nicole.

Nicole giggles and answers, "April Fools' Day."

"Bingo!  Did anyone prank you yet?"

"No…I hope no one pranks me…because I'm really not in the mood to joke around."

"I completely understand." Min quickly said as she realized that Nicole was still upset about the breakup.

"Hi girls." Mir cheerfully said as he sat down next to Min.

"Hello Mir.” Nicole greeted.

“Hey baby!” Min beams as she kissed him on the cheek.

“Baby, can I borrow your cell phone for a minute?  My battery is dead." Mir asked.

“Sure…here you go." Min said handing her cell phone over to him.

"Thanks."

“Hi guys!” Minho happily said as he pulls out a chair next to Nicole.

Nicole smiles at him and says, "Hello Minho.”

Mir nodded his head at him as he continues to play with Min’s cell phone.

“Hi Minho.” Min said.  “You seem very happy today."

Minho chuckles.  "I do?  I didn't realize that."

“Here you go baby.  I'm all done." Mir said given her cell phone back to her.

Min raised her right eyebrow and asked, "I thought you said you wanted to use my cell phone? I didn't hear you call anyone."

Mir let out a small laugh.  “I didn't say I was going to call someone.  I just said I wanted to borrow your cell phone."

Min quickly looks at her cell phone and realized that Mir had changed the language setting to a foreign language.

“Yah!  What language is this?!” Min shouted as she hits him on his chest.

“April Fools!” Mir cried as he burst out laughing.

“Yah!  Change it back!” Min demanded as she puts him into a headlock.

Nicole started laughing as she watches Mir and Min wrestled with each other.  At least someone is happy she thought to herself.

"You're finally smiling." Minho said as he pinches her left cheek.

Nicole rubs her cheek and pouted, “That hurt.”

"Sorry… I couldn't resist." Minho smirked.

Nicole scoffs as she smiles at him.  He had been a really good friend ever since Myungsoo broke up with her.  Not only did he bring her home after school every day, but he always treated her out for ice cream.  He really knew how to make her feel happy and whenever she wanted to cry, he would turn his back towards her and let her cry on his shoulder.

“Do I have something on my face?" Minho asked as he realized that she was staring at him without blinking her eyes.

Nicole blushed and quickly looks away.  “Uh…sorry.  I-I-I…never mind.”

Minho chuckles to himself as he watches her face turns red.  How cute he thought to himself.

All of a sudden her stomach started growling.  She looks down at her stomach and sighs to herself.

Minho left out a small laugh.  "It seems like your appetite has come back."

Nicole nodded her head and giggled.

"Eat this.” Minho said handing her his ham and cheese sandwich.

"What about you?  What are you going to eat?" Nicole question as she refused to accept his sandwich.

"Yah…just take it.  You're hungry.  Don't worry about me.  I still have my apple and cookies." Minho replied as he shoves the sandwich into her hands.  “Please don't starve yourself.  It scares me when you're losing so much weight."

Nicole gave him a tiny smile and says, "Thank you Minho oppa.”

Minho ruffles her hair and laugh. "You're welcome."

“Oh great!  Here comes the demon and the witch.” Min mutters as Myungsoo and Suzy approaches their table.

“Hi guys!” Suzy beams.

“Hello.” Minho politely greeted.

Mir smile and nodded his head at her without saying anything.

"Hi." Nicole quietly mumbles as she slowly chews on her sandwich.  She could feel Myungsoo frosty eyes staring at her.  She didn't want to look at him because she was already feeling sad and depressed all over again.  Not only that, but her heart seem to be racing faster than normal.

“Yah!  Are you here to fight with me again? " Min cried as she threw Suzy a dirty look.

Suzy scoffs and smiles. "Why would I waste my time fighting with you?  I came here to talk to Minho.”

Minho raised his left eye up. "What's up?"

"I'm having a party tonight at my house.  I want you to come."

"A party?  What's the occasion?" Minho curiously asked.

"It's an April Fools party."

Min made a face as Suzy and scoffs. "April fools party?  April fools is not even a holiday."

Mir and Nicole started laughing as Suzy shouted, "Yah!  Am I talking to you?  Mind your own business!"

"Actually…why don't you all come?  The more the merrier." Myungsoo suddenly said.  “It was my idea to have the party in the first place.”

Nicole looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter