Empty corridors and new found friends

Who are you fooling?

The corridors were quiet. And Jiyeon could feel her worn-out sneakers squeaking on the polished floor. The bright white lights that illuminated the walls and floor and the fact that all the corridors looked exactly the same was making her dizzy. She slumped against one of the lockers and hung her head.

She was lost! And on the first day too. And she was late. For her first class.

She sighed.

She had told herself that she would try her best and ace all the tests to make her parents proud. Well, they would have been proud. They died in a tragic car crash years ago and left her and her younger sister with their uncle. But she loved her uncle all the same. He treated them well. And had managed to get her into the school she wanted so desperately.

But all these thoughts on her dead parents and her being lost on the first day was overwhelming her and she could feel the tears threatnening to spill over.

And then it happened.

One sob after another. She quietly cried and slid down the locker till she was just a hurt little mess on the floor. She didn't care if anyone saw her. She felt lonely and afraid. Tears streamed down her cheeks and blurred her vision. Her quiet sobs echoed down the empty corridor.

Looking around, she realized that she had to pull herself together and be strong. For her sister, parents, uncle and herself.

When she swung her head back, she jumped at the sight of a tissue being dangled in front of her face. A sob caught in and she looked up to see who the person offering the tissue was.

Kai.

He was just standing there. Avoiding eye contact and looming over her as she sat, still in a weeping heap, on the floor. "Here....You.." he stuttered awkwardly. Jiyeon just continued staring at him. She couldn't understand why he was helping her when he'd been so mean just a second ago.

Kai suddenly looked at her, his eyes narrowing. "Take it and wipe your tears. Don't cry." he said, and she could tell he was trying to comfort her in some odd, tough guy way. She smiled because of his awkwardness and stood up suddenly which caused Kai to flinch and step back, suddenly aware of how close they were.

She took the tissue and wiped her tears and dusted her school uniform. Kai, relieved that she wasn't crying anymore, looked at questioningly. "Don't you have class? You don't strike me as the type to cut class." he asked curiously. Jiyeon smiled sheepishly, embarassed. "I...I'm lost. And what are you doing here? Don't you have class too?" she said, looking at him teasingly. "Me? I'm lost too. And..You're new...Well..give me your timetable." he demanded, but glanced at her again, gauging her reaction.

He hadn't want to tell her the real reason he was out here.

He was cutting class, again. But for some reason, he didn't want to look bad in front of her and he wondered why. But in the end, he just gave her whatever excuse he could come up with and she had accepted it, which was a relief.

Jiyeon gave the timetable to him and let him study it while she gathered her books which were now scattered all over the floor. She HAD heard what Kai said, about being lost. And she knew he was lying. But she didn't question him.

Didn't want to pry.

Didn't want to lose a possible friend.

"Hmmm.." Kai smirked. Jiyeon stood up and looked at him with wide eyes, "Why?" she asked innocently. Kai looked at her, half-smirking and said "You..You're in my class? Well..almost all of them." Jiyeon smiled and nodded enthusicatically, "Well yeah. I advanced one grade so I'm actually one year younger than everyone in my class." she said sheepishly.

That had also been one of the worries that weighed on her mind, not being able to socalize.

Kai smirked again and suddenly cleared his throat. "Well, let's go. You missed your first lesson already. Can't afford to be late." he grinned and walked off. Jiyeon caught off guard by this, ran after him.

"Wow. Kai..I guess I misunderstood him." Jiyeon thought, gulity for having misjudged him. She was still concentrated on her thoughts of Kai when she accidentally walked right into him. She looked up, shocked.

Kai had suddenly stopped walking. "Is...is everything alright?" she asked, worried. Kai turned around, a glint in his eye. He looked her up and down.

"Well. Since we're friends now. I should formally introduce myself. Kai." he said and stuck out his hand. Jiyeon stared at him and then his hand, before a smile slowly spread across her face as she grasped the situation. "Oh! I'm Jiyeon. Lee jiyeon." she said, bowing.

Kai cocked his head, wondering why she hadn't shook his hand but then bit his lip to hold back laughter and ruffled her hair. He found her innocent..and interesting. He sighed and turned around and started making his way to class again. Jiyeon looked at him, confused but snapped out of it and took off after him.

Kai smiled to himself. "Jiyeon.. Lee Jiyeon. Cute." Kai thought, smirking.

Jiyeon should have been worrying about being late for her other classes but she wasn't.

In fact, she was smiling.

All traces of fear from before gone because she had heard. Had heard what Kai called her.

Friend.

Kai was her friend. Biting her lip, she sped up after Kai.

Maybe it wasn't going to be bad after all.

Maybe things were looking up for Jiyeon.

Maybe.

HEY GUYS<3 OKAY SO LONG-ISH UPDATE! WHAT DO YOU THINK? COMMENT BELOW! HAHA KAI IS SUCH A SOFITE ISN'T HE:PPP BUT COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE<3 OKAY BYES^^