And Kai remembers. And Jiyeon almost gets .

Who are you fooling?

No no no no.

Kai shook his head and clenched his teeth. He held back a wave of nausea as he took in the smell of thick sweat and body odour in the air.

Subconciously, he reached out and held her hand. Holding on tight. Jiyeon looked back. Kai was pale. And his lips quivering. He was also holding her hand. Tightly. She tried hard not to blush and bit her lip.

She reached the back of the bus and pulled him closer. Cool, confident Kai was gone. Jiyeon had to take the lead. "Kai Oppa." she whispered. He nodded quickly at her. Focusing on her and her only. He fought back the horrible memories that filled his head. "I..Are you okay?" she asked, worried. S

he squeezed his hand. Kai looked at her with a blank look and subconsciously moved closer. Jiyeon was sandwiched between the pole and a lost Kai. He reached out and pulled her closer. She fidgeted. People were ignoring them though. The place was so packed that she could barely move. And the smell.

God.

People grumbled and squeezed in and out. But time stopped for her. Kai was so close. So close. This was just like that time in the car.

"O-Oppa..What's..Wha-" but he pushed closer and wrapped his arms around his waist. Her perfume filled his nose and he relished it. He resisted the urge to bury his face in her hair. But the memories flashed in his head.

Kai. Only ten. Had already run away from home. He wanted attention. Mommy wouldn't give him any. So he slipped out of the house. And ran down the street. And up a bus. But there were so many people. And Kai was lost and scared. He whimpered. A man slipped up to him. And his hair. He squrimed and wanted to cry. "Shhh...Come with me.." he whispered, giving Kai a weird smile. But then a school bag hit the man's face. And Kai whipped around. Chanyeol. With a determined face on. "I'm Chanyeol." they shook hands. Kai nodded. And just like that. Chanyeol and Kai were friends.

Kai opened his eyes. Jiyeon was his hair and holding him tightly. Wha-What had happened? "Shhh...Oppa. It's okay." she calmed him. He had started leaning on her, rocking back and forth. Eyes closed like he was in a trance. He was whimpering softly and begging someone not to hurt him.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer. Kai pushed off her. And staggered backwards. Earning a glare from some people.

The bus halted and a bunch of people poured out and a new load boarded. Jiyeon was being pushed and shoved. Harder and rougher. She glared in annoyance. Where was Kai? She looked up. He was still standing there. Trying to calm himself.

She smiled and hardly noticed when she walked right into the arms of another guy. Gasping, she whipped around. He shot her a toothless smile. Another few boys closed in on her. Preventing her escape. She tried to look past them. Where was Kai? She bit her lip. "Come here..." he whispered.

She shook her head. "No..No please." she begged. The boy behind her slipped his hand up her thigh. Higher and higher... A sound of a bag of sand hitting the floor. She closed her eyes. The creeping hand was gone. Someone pulled her down and off the bus. They kept striding. Faster and faster.

The hand holding on to her wrist slipped. She panted and sobbed. Kai was standing before her panting too. There was a cut on his lip and she could see a bruise forming on his jaw. She held her breath and ran forward into his arms. She buried her face in his shirt. Kai held her back tightly.

And kissed her forehead over and over. "I'm...He..Was touching me..." she sobbed. Kai looked down and forced her to make eye contact. "Listen. I'm never going to let you get hurt. Okay. Never." he blinked. She nodded and stoked his cheek. She could feel her face burning.

And she wanted to kiss him so bad. Because even though he had obviously been weak just now. He had still come to protect her. God. she wanted to kiss him so bad. "I..Was so scared." she continued. 'I know. I know you were. But that's never going to happen again, okay?" he assured her.

She blinked and nodded. She wanted Kai to protect her. She bit her lip. "At least you passed the first round." she laughed shakly. Kai frowned. But then laughed too. He could see the fear still lingering in her eyes but she was trying so hard to make him not worry.

"So what's next?" he asked. He confidently took her hand and they strolled down the street. She squeezed his hand back. "Well...I'll give you a hint." she turned to him.

"Do you happen to like children?" 

Okay I know. Crappy chapter. Too much drama. And way to vague. I'm soooo sorry. For not updating. I'll tell you what? How about Papa Kai in the next chapter? That's got to be awesome. (I'll explain the whole plan thing and the significance.)