A sad turn.

Who are you fooling?

Jiyeon loves Kai a lot. So much that it hurts. Almost like how much she's hurting now. Almost. Over the course of the many week that have passed, Kai has offically announced that Jiyeon is his. And naturally, there was a large outcry.

And naturally, Jiyeon became the brunt of jokes and death glares and graffti covered lockers and death threats. But it had been almost a month since the announcement. And the bad treatment had continued. Still going strong. Jiyeon wished she could say that her relationship with Kai hadn't changed.

That it was still going strong. But no. She couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't stand the looks people shot her when she walked down the hallways. Couldn't pretend that she wasn't reeling in fear at yet another note slipped under her desk. It was better when she was with Chanyeol and Kai.

She could immerse herself in their jokes, blur out the background. But when she was by herself, she was anxious. Tittering on the edge of fear. Jiyeon hardly smiled anymore. And of course Kai noticed. Noticed how she hardly ate. Hardly showed up for lunch. Hardly looked anywhere besides the floor.

But in her defence, she was afraid. So terribly, terribly afraid. So much so that she stopped eating. She couldn't possibly eat with the entire school population watching her. Even in her empty apartment, she had no appetite. She could still feel their eyes on her. Hiding behind the shadows. She hardly held Kai.

Or responded to his touches. And Kai noticed. How she didn't text him. Didn't call him. Didn't hold his hand or hug him even in public. But it's because Jiyeon was driven by the fear of someone from their school seeing them in public. Every loving gesture towards Kai meant more hate for her.

And Jiyeon couldn't take it anymore. She dashed down corridors and kept her head down in class. She didn't leave class and instead stayed behind, trying to distract herself and then she dashed all the way home. Leaving a short text apologizing. But even that had stopped. Kai didn't know his girlfriend anymore.

She wasn't the happy, laughy girl. She was just an empty, anxious shell. And he felt responsible. Hwayoung couldn't take it anymore. Seeing Kai return home everyday, dejected. Jumping whenever he received a text. But then a empty look would pass his face and he would sink back, head in his hands.

Hwayoung had a pretty good idea why he was acting this way. It was Park Jiyeon. Of course. She had seen how the girl had broken down beneath the pressure of dating the most wanted guy in school. But she hadn't thought it would have affected Kai so much either. She frowned. She had to do something.

Although Kai could be an arrogant sometimes, she was loved him all the same. And so she was going to do something about it. "Yah! Park Jiyeon!" Jiyeon froze in her tracks. Could it be another hater? Her back ached from the last time she had gotten beat up. They had made sure not to hit her face.

Or that she would tell Kai. But she didn't. Carefully concealing the large bruises on her back. She zoned back to reality. Turning her head slightely. Oh it was Hwayoung. It looked urgent, she thought. But Jiyeon was dizzy. She hadn't eaten in days. And she needed to lie down. Oh well.

The dizziness was a good change from the constant fear she was feeling. She followed the older girl into the bathroom and leaned against the counter. "You're dating my brother now huh." she started, carefully examining the younger girl's face. It was tired and thin. Such a change from the last time.

She felt her heart pang. What was she doing? But she needed to protect her brother from slipping further into his depression or whatever. And....It would be better for Jiyeon as well, she thinks. "You have to break up." she says finally. Jiyeon winces.

Weeks ago she would have protested and cried and denied her request. But now...But now it was different. Maybe it was for the best. She knew just how affected Kai was by her sudden change in behaviour. Could see the way he looked her now. WIth pity? Maybe. Jiyeon was too tired to care.

Her heart ached and her head pounded. No no no. Kai loved her so much...But now. This relationship was dragging them both down. "Okay." she breathes. Hwayoung's eyes widened. What? She was just going to agree? This girl..Was so ready to throw away her brother's love. She suddenly felt angry.

But isn't this what she wanted? No. She wanted Kai to be happy. And he would only be happy if she was happy. Not if they broke up. Hwayoung knew that. This made her angrier. "You're just going to give up like that? Just throw it all away? I thought you loved him! I guess not!" she shouted.

Jiyeon shruged, but tears were forming in her eyes. "I thought you were different...I thought you would make him happy..Make him feel!" her voice rising. Jiyeon shruged again, a tear slid down her cheek. "Don't cry! Fight back! Why aren't you doing anything?" Hwayoung screamed and shoved Jiyeon, she didn't realize she was crying too.

Jiyeon lay crushed. Too tired to get up. Her head was spinning faster now. "I do love him." she rasped. "That's why I'm giving him up. So he can be happy." she continued. But Hwayoung shook her head. "No! No! You know that's not the truth!" she cried. "Isn't that what you wanted?" Jiyeon panted.

Hwayoung shook her head. Faster. "I do love him. I love him so much it hurts. But I can't pretend like we're both okay. We can't go on like this. You're right. You win. You all win. You all....Win.." Jiyeon breathed.

And then it all went black.

I'm sorry for not updating. I know this chapter . But I'm just really...Going through a tough time now. Will update tomorrow to make up, okay?Comments? I know things aren't clear but the update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow will be long and nice(I hope). Bye guys.