Jiyeon wakes up.

Who are you fooling?

It was a horrible, horrible thing she had done. Hwayoung thinks. She had just tried to help. The memory of Jiyeon and Kai's overlapping. Jiyeon screaming at the doorstep. Then, Kai passing out in front of her. Jiyeon walking away from him. "Well?" she looked up at Kai. Her little brother. Her only brother.

All grown up. She bit her lip. She studied his face. His cheeks hollow. So unlike his smiling chubby one from when they were younger. He had stopped smiling. Stopped feeling. The pair of siblings had grown up and out of emotion. Forced to be this way because of the treatment they got from their parents, or lack thereof.

"What were you doing in the bathroom." Kai asked her. He was letting her go. Leaning back in the plastic chair. Hwayoung whimpered from the loss of contact. It was so like Kai. Like her. Give enough. Just enough worry and concern to care. To get what you want. And then you'd be safe.

Save yourself the possibility of getting hurt. "I..We were talking about you." she whispered. She could see Kai tense. "What about." he asked, his questions coming out short and void of emotion. Another thing they both learnt growing up. Keep any emotion out of everything. You'll just get hurt anyway. She winced.

"She...Was contemplating breaking up." she replied. Kai gripped the edges of his seat. Even though he knew it was possibly true. He knew it would eventually come to an end. But it still hurt him. He felt his eyes water. His heart constricting. "And then what-" The doctor came up to the pair of them.

"You may go in now. She should be up in a couple of..." But Kai had already rushed in. He collapsed into the chair beside the bed. "Jiyeon-ah.." he breathed. Relieved. She was fine. She was fine. He sank further back. "When you wake up, we'll go out. Anywhere you want. To the amusement park? How about the orphange? We haven't been there in a long time, right Jiyeon-ah?" Kai asked her, although she obviously wouldn't respond.

He didn't know what he was doing. He was just wanted to be life before again. "I haven't told you how I got those hearts and everything, right? When I asked you to be...To be with me. The children cut those hearts. They were beautiful weren't they. But the expression on your face was more beautiful.

You are more beautiful, Jiyeon-ah. Hm?" he cried quietly. Holding on to her thin hand. He leaned forward. Breathing deeply. He was supposed to protect her from everything. And now what. Now what? Outside, Hwayoung thanked the doctor. "No problem..Although.." he hesitated. Hwayoung nodded at him.

"The girl hasn't been eating. We think she's suffering from depression. Do you know why?" he asked her, giving her a worried look. Hwayoung pursed her lips. Yes. Yes she knew. "Is she feeling better?" Hwayoung put her hand on Kai's shoulder. But he shruged it off. "She's fine. She's fine." he repeated, like he was trying to convince himself.

Hwayoung nodded silently and sat in the chair at the foot of the bed. "She hasn't been eating. That's why she passes out." she announced, looking at Jiyeon. The girl's face was thin and pale. The hospital clothes too big on her. Kai looked at her. Hurt and anger flashed in his eyes. "Why?" he croaked.

Looking back at Jiyeon and squeezing her hand. Why did everything he love get hurt? Why? "You know the reason. She can't take the pressure Kai. Of all those people crushing her. Weighing down on her. Hating her. She can't take it." Hwayoung insisted, frowning. Kai shook his head. "I know..I know.

And it's all my fault. And-" "No it isn't, but you can help her." she interrupted, looking at him. "Help her Kai." Hwayoung left after that. She needed sleep. And Kai didn't stop her. Didn't even say goodbye. He resented her. For telling him the truth. Even though the situation wasn't so serious, it was a wake up call for him. He had tried lying to himself.

That Jiyeon was fine. That he was fine. But he wasn't. She wasn't. And it was all his fault. "Ah..." Kai shot up. "Jiyeon! Oh my god. Jiyeon." he hugged her tightly, she was awake. Jiyeon blinked. Who..Oh It was Kai. She felt her head spin. What had happened? She remembers Hwayoung yelling at her.

And then... "O-Oppa." she croaked. "I'm sorry. I'm just..I'm just so happy that you're awake. Oh my god." Kai continued, breathing heavily. Jiyeon gave him a weak smile and slipped her hand out of his. She still was scared. Of people seeing them together. Even though that was riduculous. Kai noticed.

And frowned. "Why haven't you been eating." he questioned. Jiyeon looked down, ashamed. She could feel tears forming. "I couldn't. Not with all those people staring at me. Staring at us." she looked at him, when had he gotten so thin? So tired. She reached out, unsure. And cupped his face.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." she apologized. But Kai shook his head. And smiled weakly. Her hand was so cold. But at least she wasn't afraid of touching him anymore. "No Jiyeon...I'm..I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a terrible boyfriend and for not protecting you..and-" but he was cut off by a pair of lips against his.

Jiyeon leaned forward and kissed him. She ached, she had wanted to hold him for so long. And Kai kissed her back, pouring all his love into that kiss. Her lips were chapped and cold but he didn't care. He held her closer. And eventually, when Jiyeon pulled back, it looked like Kai had returned to his former self.

She noticed how he glowed, and smiled. Something he hadn't done in months. And then she heard something. A laugh? Her own she realized. She was laughing. And then Kai was laughing. And then he leaned in and picked her up and spinned her round and round like he used to.

And she laughed and laughed and ran her hands through his hair like she used to. When he put her back on the bed, she looked up at him. Smiling widely. Like her former self had returned. Kai kneeled down in front of her. "I promise I'll never let anyone hurt you again. And if you feel...Feel scared. Tell me.

Tell me so I can help you. So I can be there for you." he begged and leaned forward to kiss her again. And jiyeon let him. She frowned slightely. Sending out a silent apology to Hwayoung.

Looks like they wouldn't be breaking up yet.

I couldn't break them up! I'm sorry. I just couldn't:PP I know my chapters have been PRETTY angsty lately. BUTTTTTT. I'll try to add some fluff, okay? Haha. Why do all my characters have such sad, sadistic backgrounds? WAE. HAHAHA I may be doing a double update. MMMAAAYYBBEEE. Just. More angst for now. And I miss Derpy Chanyeol and the rest of them. So expect them soon. Although I'm not quite sure how this will all fit... COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE~