But be careful of who's watching.

Who are you fooling?

Soon enough they reach the class. Jiyeon notices that the lights are on and that the teacher is already teaching. She silently facepalms herself and looks at Kai helplessly. He just grins at her and pushes the door open. He starts to walk in but then stops and backtracks.

It takes Jiyeon awhile to realize that he's opening the door for her.

And she can tell that he's not used to it because he has the most uncomfortable expression on his face. He frowns at her and she slowly enters the room.

Jiyeon had exprienced silence before. There was silence when her parents were being lowered into their graves. Silence while she received the news that she was to move in with her uncle. But those had been warm and curious silences.

Never had she experienced silence so...heavy and cold.

All eyes were on her and most of the girls had angry expressions on their faces. "Nice of you to join us." the teacher suddenly says, cutting through the thick silence. Jiyeon looks at him and bows slowly.

Then Kai walks in, obviously frustrated, and grabs her wrist before pulling her to the back of the class. He gently pushes her into the seat next to his and then proceeds to lie on the table. Acting oblivious.

Jiyeon sees this but doesn't say anything because she still feels totally insecure at the thousands of eyes still being trained on her. The teacher raises an eyebrow but choose not to comment, because it is a rare occurance that Kai shows up for class. And then clearing his throat, he proceeds with the lesson.

Eventually the students are forced into giving their attention back to the teacher. And Jiyeon immediately feels more relaxed. She leans back in her chair, shoulders slumping. Glancing at Kai, she realizes that he is still 'sleeping'. So she just shakes her head and pays attention to the lesson.

A long hour passes and with 20 minutes to go, the teacher announces that he has to pick up something from the office. He warns them all not to leave the classroom while he's gone. As soon as he steps out, the students immediately turn their attention back to Jiyeon. She jumps at this and drops the pencil she was holding.

Silence fills the classroom yet again and all she can hear is her pencil rolling under her desk. She sees it come to a stop under the desk of the boy sitting in front of her. "I...My pencil.." she stutters, afraid. The boy smirks at her, "Get it then." his voice is thick with sarcasm and it seems more like a threat.

Jiyeon, unable to do anything but comply to this boy who she feels so scared of, gets up and shuffles towards his desk. She slowly kneels down, her eyes trained on getting that pencil. She is just about to grab it when the boy pushes it slightely.

Right out of her reach.

Jiyeon suddenly breaks into a cold sweat. She knows he's playing with her. And she wants to just leave and get out of here. But she can't think straight. She crawls a bit furthur under the desk to reach the pencil...when he rolls it again.

Just a bit furthur.

Jiyeon is now at least half-way under the table. And her vision is blurred by the tears and sweat that are beginning to form. She doesn't understand why he's doing this to her. But she holds back a sob when suddenly she feels a gush of wind.

Surprised, she looks up to realize that the boy is no longer sitting at the desk and the chair is flipped over. Grasping the oppourtunity, she crawls out from under the desk and sees Kai. Holding onto the collar of that boy.

Part of Jiyeon feels like he deserved it. But part of Jiyeon is scared. Kai has this look in his eye. And it's scaring her. "Kai.." she whispers shakily. He looks up at her, snapping out of his trance. He suddenly smriks and drops the boy's collar.

Slowly, he reaches over to the boy's bag and glaring at him, throws it out the window. Kai maintains eye contact with the boy until the sound of the bag hitting the floor can be heard. He walks over to the boy, who now shakes with fear, and leans over casually.

"Do that again. EVER try that again with her. And the next time, it'll be you instead of the bag." he whispers, his voice playful. Kai straightens and grins. "Got that?" he says, suddenly turning serious. The boy nods rapidly. Kai grins and takes his seat behind the desk again. Jiyeon blinks twice and slowly sits down again.

Just then, the teacher enters the classroom. He notices the boy still standing, still in a state of shock. "Mr. Kim what are you doing?" he asks, curious. The boy hastily scrambles into his seat. "Well..now we may-" the teacher starts but is interrupted by the bell ringing.

Class is over. The teacher scratches his head in annoyance and leaves. Jiyeon turns to Kai to say something but he suddenly stands up and leaves. Jiyeon just shrugs. She feels used to this kind of sudden change from Kai. Gathering her things, she gets up and leaves too. All the students rush towards the canteen and Jiyeon realizes that its recess.

Strolling, she reaches the canteen. But the line is SO long and there are SO many students, that she just stands there and watches. Suddenly, Jiyeon feels someone put his arm around her playfully.

For a frightenening moment, she thinks it's that boy, coming back to get revenge.

But when she turns to see, she realizes it's Chanyeol. Relieved at seeing someone familiar, she smiles widely and greets him happily. "Chanyeol oppa! I'm so glad to see you." she exclaims happily. He winks at her and pushes her to join queue. "Well..I saw you just standing there. And I mean, I had to help. What are friends for?" he says cheekily. Jiyeon nods enthusiastically, happy because he had said they were friends.

Taking their food, he leads her to an empty table and they sit down. They chat happily like they've known each other forever. She smiles happily, she feels so comfortable around him. With him.

"Where's Kai oppa?" she suddenly asks, in between mouthfuls. 

"Oh? He should be here by now. Why? Am I not good enough?" he teases and proceeds to poke her. She giggles and pokes him back. He glares at her playfully before they engage in a full-blown tickle fight. Despite earning the jealous glares of the girls around her, Jiyeon doesn't care. 

Because she feels so safe with Chanyeol. So happy.

But what she doesn't know. Is that behind the glass doors of the cafeteria, stands Kai. He just stands there. Watching Chanyeol and Jiyeon. Laughing and having fun. He grips the pencil he's holding tighter.

That's where he had gone. After leaving the class, he went to the school bookshop to buy Jiyeon a pencil and some other stationary. Because he didn't want her to ever be caught in that situation again. Or to be so desperate to get a pencil.

He had expected her to wait for him..Wasn't she curious as to where he had gone? Didn't she care? He guessed not.

He gripped the pencil tighter and shook his head. He didn't understand why he was so hurt at seeing them together. At seeing Jiyeon having fun without him. But he was suddenly angry. And frustrated.

Glaring at them one last time, he turned around and left. Pulling his hoodie up, he walked all the way out of the school and out it's gates. He threw the stupid pencil aside and strode down the street.

Leaving the school behind. Leaving the damn pencil behind. Leaving Chanyeol behind.

Leaving happy Jiyeon behind.

OKAY. ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE! HAHA I REALIZE THAT ALL MY CHAPTERS END WITH ONE DRAMATIC SENTENCE:PPP BUT I GUESS I LIKE IT THAT WAY. POOOOOR KAI:( BUT CHANYEOL IS SO CUTE THOUGH<3 SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK OKAY? UPDATE SOON<3 AND DO YOU GUYS WANT ME TO ADD THE REST OF THE EXO MEMBERS IN? BECAUSE AS OF NOW, ONLY KAI AND CHANYEOL ARE THE KINGKAS:PP