And the plot thickens...

Who are you fooling?

Chanyeol had ran. Harder and faster.

Somehow or another, he had found the hospital. With a last spurt of energy, he had dashed in. The rest was a blur. Later on, he sat. Sat in one of the plastic chairs outside and waited. He panted heavily. But still. He was satisfied. Very. Because he had gotten her here.

But then a ringing brought him out of his trance. Kai was calling. He looked at the phone. Not registering it. The nurse had handed him Jiyeon's cell while they sewed her up. Now she lay unconscious from the anethestatic they had given her. But Kai was calling? Calling her. He warily picked it up.

"Hel..Hello?" he asked. "Jiyeon! Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I was so worried.." Kai trailed off. "This..This is Chanyeol." he pointed, uncomfortable. An uneasy silence followed. "Oh. Where..Where is she?" Kai asked warily. Chanyeol could hear the panic seep into his voice. "She's fine. I'll..Oh? I'll tell her to call you later." he quickly answered and put down.

The nurse was beckoning him to enter. "Is she okay?" he demanded to know. The nurse nodded assuringly. "You can go in now. She should wake up in a couple minutes." she answered and left. Chanyeol let out a breath he had no idea he was holding. Breathing in deeply, he pushed the door open.

Jiyeon lay there. She looked so fragile. So...Broken. Chanyeol sat down next to her bed and took her hand. He squeezed it tightely. "You're fine. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Nope, never again." he whispered.

Jiyeon was having a nightmare. It was pouring heavily. And everyone was standing somberly. She was reliving her parent's funeral. She could see her sister weaping. Her heart ached. But then she ran forward and threw herself onto the coffin. Begging her parents not to leave her.

And then she screamed. A horrible scream. The person in the coffin was not her parent. But her. And then the figure morphed. It was her mother. Her father. Her sister. Her uncle. Kai. Chanyeol. She screamed again. No, not Chanyeol. She banged on the coffin. Trying to wake him up.

"Chanyeol no! No! Chanyeol oppa! Don't leave me! No! Oppa!" she screamed and then her eyes opened. The lights blinded her. Where was she? And wait-Chanyeol was holding her. Hugging her. She hurriedly hugged him back. He was alright. She buried her face in his shirt. He was alright.

"Oppa.." she shakily whispered. Chanyeol looked at her. He had heard her screaming. Screaming his name. His heart twisted. And so he hugged her tighter. "Where..Where am I?" she asked. "Shhhh...You're in the hospital. They had to sew you up, remember?" he responded gently. She looked at him.

Her mind reeling back to the bowl. Breaking. Her screaming. Leaving Kai behind. Kai. "Where's Kai oppa?" she asked. Chanyeol's eyes widened. "He's..He wants you to call him." he said. He studied Jiyeon's reaction. She nodded slowly. Her foot hurt. But at least Chanyeol was safe.

She never wanted to dream that again. "You smell nice." she suddenly blurted. She just wanted Chanyeol to relax. She could see the tension leave his shoulders at once. "Really now? And what do I smell like?" he laughed. She was feeling better, obviously. Jiyeon pondered this. "Grass. You smell like freshly cut grass." she realized.

Chanyeol laughed again. "Listen, the doctor says you can go. Ready?" he asked. She nodded happily. She needed crutches since her foot was still wrapped. But other than that, she was fine. On the bus, Jiyeon suddenly turned to Chanyeol. "What time is it?" she questioned. "It's...5.36.. Why?" he replied.

Jiyeon grimanced. "I'm late! I guess I can't show up anyway.." she sighed. Chanyeol glanced at her. "Huh? Late for what?" he asked. Jiyeon tensed. "My..Job." she answered. "Oh? You work? As what?" he asked again. Somehow, he didn't like the idea of such a young girl working. "I..Ramyeon." she blurted.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "Ramyeon. You work as..Ramyeon." he bit back a laugh. Jiyeon blushed. "I work at a ramyeon shop." she lied. Chanyeol nodded slowly. Jiyeon sighed in relief. He bought it. The bus drove on. And Jiyeon felt her eyes drooping. "Tell me about your house.." she suddenly asked.

Chanyeol glanced at her. "Well..It's big. And there's leather couches. And persian rugs. And my room has pictures of cars and motorcycles everywhere." he lied. Jiyeon giggled. "Sounds like Kai oppa's house. Do you have a giant sheep toy too?" she teased, her eyes closing.

Chanyeol inwardly groaned. Crap. Did she find out? But when he looked over. She had already dozed off. Chanyeol let out a breath. Thank god. That was a close one. He would tell her the truth of course.

But the question was, when?

SORRY, KIND OF SHORT CHAPTER. (AND NOT MUCH KAI.) BUT THERE WILL BE LOTS OF HIM IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. IN THE MEANTIME, JIYEON AND CHANYEOL BOTH HAVE A SECRET! YAY! (OR BOO?) DRAMA COMING SOON. (AND FLUFF PROBABLY. LOTS OF FLUFF.) COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE. (BECAUSE IT MAKES ME WANT TO JUMP OVER A RAINBOW WHILE RIDING A UNICORN WHEN I READ THEM.)