Chapter 20

Tears At Night (HIATUS: EDITING)

The next day Kai woke up thinking about Krystal. He was really worried about her, he could barely think last night. He got ready and ate his breakfast.
He walked out of his house thinking about Krystal.
“Omg, get out of my head seriously.” He banged his head.
“Oppa, what are you doing?” He turned to see Sohee looking at him weirdly.
‘Oh, you scared me.”
“Hehe, sorry. Let’s go!”
They quietly walked together.
“Where’s Minho?” Kai only just realised then that Minho wasn’t with them like he usually is.
“Don’t know, when I went to sleep last night he wasn’t home and when I woke up he still wasn’t home.” Sohee didn’t look one bit worried; she actually made it sound like it was a normal thing.
Kai just nodded.

When they got to school Kai was disappointed to find that Krystal wasn’t at school yet, but then again she always came late with Suho.
He sat impatiently waiting for her to walk in.
He sees a familiar person walking, Suho.
“Hyung, what are you doing here? Where’s Krystal?”
Suho looked at him confused.
“How am I supposed to know? I came here thinking that she would be at school already.”
“What the… Where is she then?”
“Are you worried?” Suho looked at Kai and wiggled his eyebrows.
“Hyung, stop being so immature, I have a girlfriend and so what if I’m worried, Krystal is my friend.”
Suho just nodded with a smirk on his face, “Okay, whatever you say Kai.”

He walked out of the classroom and bumped into Sohee.
“Ow, watch where you’re going.”
Suho just looked at Sohee, “Maybe it is you who should watch where you are going. I mean honestly this is both our faults.”
“What the… No, it was your fault. Now get out of my sight.”
Suho bowed at her, “Whatever you say your majesty.”
“Oh, wait oppa. Is Krystal here today?”
“Why? Are you also worried about her?”
Sohee looked at Suho in disgust. “Me? Worried about her? P-lease. I have bigger things to worry about then – Wait did you say as well?”
“Yep, Kai seems to be worried about her too.”
“What!! No, he’s not. He doesn’t care about her.”
Suho smiled at her, “He does, they’re friends now, well that’s what he said.”
He leaned close to her ear and whispered, “Between you and me, I think he’s got a thing for her.”
Sohee pushed him away and furiously walked away.
Suho just laughed, he loved to mess around with her.

The bell went and there was no sign of Krystal.
Kai was seriously worried. He couldn’t think straight.
What if something bad happened to someone in her family? What if she got hurt? What if she’s moving back to America?
All these possibilities just filled his head.
He wanted Krystal to be alright, he wanted her family to be alright and he wanted her to stay here.
He barely even got to know her well enough.
Kai quickly snapped out of his thoughts.
Are you crazy, he thought to himself, why are you so worried about her?


Krystal woke up and her eyes felt so swollen.
She looked at the time and school had started already, but she wasn’t planning on going anyway.
How could she concentrate when her sister is in the hospital?
She checked her phone but there was nothing.
She hoped that she was fine, that she makes it.
She feels like she needs to refresh so she takes a nice shower and changes into some comfy clothes.

After she finished changing her phone rang.
Krystal ran to pick it up,
“Hello?”
“Hi Krystal, this is ____ . I would like to inform you that the surgery is complete.”
Krystal sat up with hope, but why didn’t he say if she is okay or not?
“So, how is she?”
“Well,” She crossed her fingers, please, please, please let it be good news.
“We are not too sure of her condition right now, but we think after she wakes up she will be fine.”
Krystal sighed, “Really? Thank you, Thank you so much! Can I visit her?”
“Yes you may.”
They said goodbye and Krystal jumped in joy. Jessica made it!
She was so happy.
She practically ran out of her house and went to the shops.
She wanted to get Jessica a teddy bear. She may not have that much money anymore but knew for sure she had to get one for Jessica no matter what.

She picked a really pretty bear; it was a bit expensive but was all worth it for her sister.
She walked to the hospital with a smile on her face.
When she got in, she saw Hyori sitting there.
“Oh! Hyori unnie!”
Hyori turned and saw Krystal walking towards her with a big teddy in her hand.
“Annyeong Krystal. How is your sister? Are you here to visit her?”
Krystal nodded, “Yeah, she made the surgery.”
Hyori smiled widely, “That’s great! Can I come visit her with you?”
“Sure!”
They walked to where Jessica was, when Krystal walked in she saw her sister sleeping there with a very pale face.
She could feel tears form in her eyes. Seeing her in a state like this was horrible.
She slowly walked to Jessica.
“Jessica…” She couldn’t help but cry. “Unnie is here and Hyori unnie too.”
They took a seat next to her.
“I haven’t told you about Hyori unnie have I? She is my new friend. She is really lovely, when you wake up you can meet her.”
Hyori saw her crying and pat her back, “it’s okay Krystal, she is just sleeping.”


The school day ended and Kai walked out of his classroom still worried about Krystal, he didn’t even realise Sohee and Minho were waiting for him.
Sohee watched as he just walked past, “What the... What is wrong with him these days?”
Minho just looked at her, “I don’t know, he’s weird, I guess.”
She glared at him.
Then Suho’s words repeated in her head.
Between you and me, I think he’s got a thing for her.
She softly hit her head and ran to Kai, “Oppa!”
He turned to see Sohee cling onto his arm and Minho just walking behind.
“I waited for you outside of class but you just walked away.”
“Oh, sorry. I didn’t realise.”
He looked at Minho, “Do you know where Krystal is?”
Minho shrugged.

He turned away from Minho and reverted his attention back to Sohee.
“I have to go somewhere.”
“Where? Can I come too?”
He shook his head, “Just somewhere… and no, you can’t come.”
Sohee frowned, “Why?”
“Just because...” He waved to them and walked away.
Minho looked at Sohee and knew what she was thinking, he nodded and they started to walk.

Kai walked towards a familiar street.
He didn’t realise this when he dropped Krystal, maybe because it was dark, but she lived really close to Suho.
He went to the front and knocked on her door.
No answer.
He knocked again and again but nothing.
“What? She’s not home? Where is she then?”
He sighed and waited outside for a while.

Sohee looked at Minho, “Whose she? Krystal?”
“Yeah, this is Krystal’s house.”
“How do you know that?”
“Oh, because I was here ye- I mean we’re friends of course I know where she lives.”
She looked at him suspiciously but shrugged that feeling off.
She looked at Kai and was filled with jealousy. He was waiting for someone that was not her, his girlfriend?
She watched him wait and finally he got up and walked away.
You’re really going to get it from me tomorrow. Sohee thought to herself.


Finally! A update. Umm, does this make sense to you. My words seem to just be everywhere and I feel like my writing style is weird. IS it weird to you guys? Do you have any suggestions on how to write my paragraphs better? Umm, yeah that's it, I guess. Hehe. Thanks guys for subscribing, commenting or reading. :) <3<3<3

@sparkfish yeah, poor her and haha, only if she had an amazing brother like suho..
@InnalsmiShr yeah, i hope so too...
@SailorVenusYaten I can't really tell you anything yet, but you'll find out soon
@Lanv20 Sorry, kaistal moments will hopefully be coming soon (Or not, who knows?) I don't know if this stuff counts as Kaistal though, I mean KAi was worried about her right? so... yeah.