Chapter 19

Tears At Night (HIATUS: EDITING)

During the lesson Kai could only think about Krystal. He wanted to know why she was crying and why she left early. He did not concentrate in class; he was too worried about Krystal.
Finally the bell went and Kai slowly packed.
He walked out still dazed in his thoughts.
“Annyeong oppa!” Kai didn’t realise that Sohee was waiting for him.
“OPPA!” Kai snapped out of his thoughts.
“Neh?”
“I said hi to you before and you didn’t answer.” Sohee said this with her cute voice.
“Oh, Sorry.” Sohee didn’t understand why Kai did not become all lovey dovey with her when she used her aegyo.

“Kai!” Kai turned to see Suho walking towards him.
“Where’s Krystal?”
“I don’t know. She left early today.”
Suho looked at him weirdly.
“Why? What happened?”
“I DON’T KNOW. STOP ASKING!”
Suho and Sohee were shocked by Kai’s actions.
Kai did not mean to shout. But he was frustrated that he didn’t know where Krystal was and why she was crying.

Sohee grabbed his arm, “Oppa! Let’s go shopping, yeah?”
He shook her off, “Forget it; I’m not in the mood.”
She watched him walk away in shock.
She turned to Suho, “Yah, why is he like that?”
“How am I supposed to know? Maybe he’s worried about Krystal?”
“What!? No way is he worried about that pathetic loser.”
“How dare you call her a pathetic loser.” He was mad, “She’s better than you’ll ever be.”
He walked away leaving Sohee dumbstruck.
“What did he just say? Better than me? No, Kai would never like her. Would he…?” She screamed and walked away.
Everybody was staring at her like she was a crazy.


Krystal reached the hospital with tears in her eyes.
When she got there she saw Tiffany’s mother and Tiffany sitting there while crying.
Tiffany’s mother stood up straight away and hugged Krystal.
She just cried in her arms.
Once they were done Tiffany’s mum brought drinks for everybody.
“W-what happened?” Krystal asked.
“J-Jessica and I were just playing and then she said she had a headache and suddenly she started vomiting. So I called the teacher but by the time the teacher got to Jessica she fainted.” Tiffany said in tears.
Krystal sighed and knew it was back. She wished for this day to never come, but it was here.
Life became worse and worse for Krystal.

The doctor came out and everybody immediately stood up.
“Is she okay? What happened?” Tiffany’s mum asked.
Krystal did not say anything for if she was right. Then she knew what was the cause.
“Are you Jessica’s guardian maam?”
“No, I’m not.”
“Where is her guardian?”
Krystal finally spoke, “I am her sister. I guess I could classify as her guardian.”
“Okay come with me.” Tiffany’s mum stopped him, “May I come to?”
The doctor looked at Krystal and she nodded. They left Tiffany outside sleeping.

“I’m very sorry to say this but Jessica has a brain tumour.” (Sorry guys couldn’t think of anything else, research takes too long. So if I say anything about brain tumour wrong then I’m very sorry.)
“I knew it.” Krystal mumbled.
Tiffany’s mother looked at Krystal confused, “You knew? How?”
“Jessica had this since she was young. She had a surgery and thankfully she made it. But there was a high chance it would come back and here it is.” Krystal said with her head down through tears.
Krystal looked up at the doctor, “So, how is she?”
“We don’t know yet. There is a high chance she won’t make it.” Krystal cried, how could this happen to such a beautiful kid  like Jessica.
“But… We think a surgery may be helpful for her recovery.” Krystal was full of hope.
“Yes, please do anything to help her.”
“The surgery will cost though, it is a very big procedure. “
“How much…?”


Krystal and Tiffany’s mother walked out of the doctor’s room.
“She’ll make it Krystal. But are you sure you don’t want me to help with the payment?”
Krystal shook her head, “its fine. I’ll head off first to get my money. You can leave if you want.”
“I’ll take you, I insist. It is the least I can do.”
Krystal agreed, Tiffany’s mum carried the sleeping Tiffany in the car.

They quietly drove to Krystal’s house.
Once they got there they all went inside.
Krystal came out with the money. “Let’s go.”
They went back to the car and Tiffany’s mother decided to talk.
“Where are your parents?”
Krystal did not know what to tell her. Could she really speak the truth or should she lie?
“They… are in America.”
Tiffany’s mother looked at Krystal shocked. “How come? So you and Jessica live alone here in Korea?”
Krystal just nodded; no words came out of .


FLASHBACK

“Mum why aren’t you coming with us?” Jessica asked.
“I have an important thing to tend to, but we’ll come straight after that okay.”
Krystal knew it was a lie.
Their parents kissed both of them on the forehead, “The plane is coming in 10 minutes. We have to leave first, so take care, okay?”
Jessica was crying she didn’t want to go. She didn’t want to leave behind all her friends. She knew why they were leaving, for a new start, but she wanted her parents to come too.
Krystal on the other hand wanted to get away from the place, from the hell hole, but she did not expect to be leaving with only Jessica.
Their parents left without saying a true goodbye.

FLASHBACK END


Tears were flowing down Krystal’s cheeks.
“Krystal, are you okay?” She looked to the side and saw Tiffany’s mother looking at her worriedly.
She nodded, “I’m fine.”
“You can tell me everything afterwards, first let’s get the money to the hospital so they can start the surgery now.”
They got out of the car and gave the money to the doctor.
“Thank you, we will start the surgery now. We will do all we can to save Jessica. You can go home now; we will call you after the surgery.”
Krystal just nodded.

“Do you want to come back to my place?” Tiffany’s mother asked.
She shook her head. “Its fine you can leave first, I’m just going to stay here for a couple of minutes.”  
“Okay then and don’t worry, Jessica will make it for sure, she has a fighting spirit.” With that Tiffany’s mum left.
Krystal sat down in her thoughts.
“Excuse me… Krystal?” Krystal heard a familiar sounding voice and looked up to a very familiar face.
“Oh, Hyori unnie?”
Hyori smiled at Krystal, “You remember me. But why are you here darling?”
“Oh, my sister is having a surgery.”
“You shouldn’t stay here to wait for her, do you want to come with me for a coffee? We can talk.”
Krystal nodded.

They sat and ordered their drinks, “Oh, unnie. Why were you at the hospital?”
“My husband is in a coma.”
“Oh sorry, I didn’t know…”
Hyori smiled at her reassuringly, “It’s fine, he’s been in a coma for years now.”
Krystal didn’t know if she should ask or not, but she did. “W-what happened?”
“He was in a car accident, a pretty bad one and ever since then he’s been in coma. Everyone says that I should just let him go. But I never give up hope. I still believe that one day he will wake up.” She was crying now.
“Unnie.” Krystal could not hold back her tears.
Hyori looked up at the crying Krystal, “Aigoo, don’t cry.”

Then began to talk about other things.
“How are you getting home?”
“I’m probably going to walk.” Krystal answered.
“What? Isn’t anyone going to pick you up? Like your parents?”  
Krystal just shook her head.
“I’ll take you home then.”
“No, unnie. It’s fine. I can walk really.”
Somehow Hyori convinced Krystal to just say yes.

When they got to Krystal’s house she invited Hyori in.
The house was small and cosy.
“Where are you parents?”
Krystal sighed, why was everyone asking about her parents?
“They… are in America.”
“What? “Hyori looked at Krystal with a worried expression.
“Who lives with you here then?”
“My sister…”

Hyori asked no further questions and she was sure Krystal did not want to tell her.
They talked for a while,
“Would you like me to stay with you?”
“No, I’m fine unnie. I’ve been home alone before.”
“Okay then, I’ll be going. Take care and I’ll pray for your sister.”

Krystal walked her out; as she walked back in her house she saw a figure.
She walked to see what it was but there was nothing there.
She believed that it was her imagination, that she was just so worried about Jessica that she is now going crazy.
She clutched her heart in fear and walked to her bedroom.
She laid there and grabbed a picture of her and Jessica.
She stared at it and started crying.
The tears would not stop, “Jessica, you’ll make it. I know you will. Unnie loves you.”
She cried until she fell asleep with the photo in her hand.

Another chapter. MY story is just getting more and more boring isn't it? I don't know what's wrong with me. Sorry. SO yeah, now we know Jessica is sick and we find out more about her parents. Yeah... Thanks guys for bearing with these past boring chapters, I've been a lazy bum bum there days. All I do now is sleep. And I got a test tomorrow and I forgot to bring my book to study with home. NOw I don't know what to study for. :( Oh well I will figure something out, right? Okay thanks guys. <3<3<3

@InnalsmiShr Haha, aww. That's very nice of you. Yep, they live very close to eachother, how shocking. Yeah, the news isn't really that good...
@preppymelissa Haha, aigoo.. You must really love Suho. Yep, something bad
@sparkfish exactly... (I think)
@Min_stal Haha, maybe and really?? I never knew that. Oh my, I hope not. I mean yes it says kaistal but I hope Suho doesn't die, I still want him to live happily. Who knows though..
@Crin0210 oh, you are right. Good job.
@xoxorina Unfortunately, it is her sister. :(