Chapter 18

Tears At Night (HIATUS: EDITING)

 

Krystal woke up feeling warm. There is a blanket around her.
She looked down and saw Suho uncomfortably sleeping on the floor while shivering.
She forgot about yesterday and was confused on how he got in.
She then remembered everything…
It was a nightmare that came back to haunt her.
She did not know why or how but all she knew was that it was here.

She took the blanket off of her and put it on top of Suho.
She decided to cook breakfast for him to say thank you for yesterday.
Without him, things could have turned bad.
She cooked rice and a bunch of other side dishes; she neatly did the table and went to Suho.
He was still sleeping, he looked warmer now.
Krystal caressed his face. Suho was a split image of her oppa.
He saved her when she needed him the most, he cared about her more than himself and he showed the love he had for her. She was not saying that Suho loved her but at least she knew he cared.

Suddenly Suho started to wake up.
Startled, Krystal walked to the other side.
He got up and stretched, he turned to the side and saw Krystal standing there.
“Oh, you’re awake, already?” She nodded.
“Well, good morning.” She smiled at how cute he was. “Morning.”
He got up and could smell food.
“I made you breakfast.” Krystal proudly said.
“Woah!” He looked at the amazing food. “Thanks!”
The sat at the table and started eating together.

Suho suddenly stopped eating and stared at Krystal.
She knew he was staring but she did not want to look back, so she kept eating.
“Ahem, are you going to tell me what’s going on?”
She knew he was going to ask that, but pretended to be clueless, “What do you mean?”
“I’m not stupid Krystal, I know you know what I’m talking about.” She did not understand how he knew. “So tell me, don’t worry. Trust me.”
That was the thing, how could she really trust anybody anymore? But Suho was different to everyone, she knew for sure he could be trusted, but she did not want to tell anyone.
“Well, what do you want to know?” She asked, she did not know where to start and really what to tell him.
“How do you know that guy? Why was he doing that to you?”
“Minho… he is someone  I knew from America, my friend and I can’t tell you because I don’t know why.” She lied… She really could not tell him the truth.
His eyes narrowed and he knew she was lying, but he knew she had her reason for not telling him. So, he just nodded.

They finished eating and started talking about something else.
“Wait, what time is it?” He turned to look at the clock and felt like he was supposed to be going somewhere that day.
“Oh wait,” Krystal started. “We have school today!”
Both of them frantically looked at each other.
“Oh yeah… Krystal, you can stay here by yourself right? While I quickly go home and get changed?”
“Uhh,” Truth was Krystal did not want to stay alone, she was scared, really scared.
“Okay, maybe not then. You quickly get ready and we can go by to my house and I’ll get change, yeah?”
She nodded and ran to her room to get changed.

Suho looked around the house and realised how empty it was.
Where were Jessica and her parents?
He found it weird that whenever he was here, her parents were not.
Her house was also pretty small, especially for four people.
There was no food around, no... nothing

Krystal quickly ran out of her room in her uniform. “Let’s go!”
They walked out and Suho kept thinking about her house and parents.
“Oppa?” Suho snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Krystal.
“Where is your house?” She asked. He studied her face as she asked this. She was smiling brightly, how could she be smiling brightly with what happened yesterday?
“Over there.” He pointed. Krystal was shocked that his house was so close to hers.

They got to the front and Krystal looked at how big it is.
How could his house be sooo big?
When they got inside they were greeted by his mother.
“Oh son, finally your home. Where were you last night, we were worried. Oh and who is that?”
“Sorry mum, I left my phone at home so I couldn’t tell you. I stayed at a friend’s house because they needed me, and she is my friend, Krystal.”
His mother smiled at her, “Annyeong Krystal. Aigoo… you’re very pretty.”
Krystal blushed at his mother’s words, “Annyeonghasaeyo and thank you very much.”
“Krystal, sit down for a while and I’ll be right back.”

She sat down and looked around; his house was so pretty, maybe even prettier than Kai’s.
Wait why was she thinking about Kai now?
How could she compare the two houses? They were both just so… amazingly beautiful.
“So, Krystal.” His mother sat in front of her. “You and Suho are just friends?”
Krystal did not understand what she meant by that.
“Umm yes, we are.” She nodded.” You seem like a very lovely girl, if only Suho found a girlfriend just like you.”
Krystal was surprised by what she said.
“Umma!” Suho stood behind them. “How could you make her embarrassed like that?”
Suho grabbed her wrist and walked to the door.
“Bye umma!”He shouted.
Krystal turned and tried to bow to his mother, “Bye!”
She waved at the two walking away together.
Aigoo... if only she was your wife Suho.


They walked together to school.
“Wait, are you sure you want to go to school?”
She nodded.
He didn’t want that Minho guy hurting her again.
“If that guy comes to you again, you have to call me and I’ll be right there to save you, okay?”
She smiled, “Neh, oppa. But I’ll be fine.”
“We’ll see..” He mumbled.

They got to school and Suho dropped her to her class.
“Bye Krystal. If anything happens shout my name, okay?”
She nodded and walked in her classroom.
Kai was sitting there staring at her.
“Annyeong oppa!”
He was happy to see that she was not with Suho this time. “Annyeong.”  
They sat there awkwardly for a moment until the teacher came in.

Class was really boring but finally the bell went.
Krystal stood up to go outside. Kai watched her and wondered why she seemed to be in such a hurry.
She walked out and luckily there was no sign of Sohee or Minho.
She went to find Myungsoo, once she found him she walked to him to ask if she could sit with him.
“Oh, you want to sit with us now? What about your Exo friends, huh?  Did you get into a fight?”
Krystal did not understand why he was being like this, she always knew him as the kind person who always cared for her.
“Yah!” Sulli came out of nowhere and slapped Myungsoo’s head. “What’s your problem? Of course you can Krystal.” She made a space next to her and Luna. “Sit here.”
She smiled at Sulli, “Thank you!”

She ate silently for a while until all the other guy friends came to join them.
“Oh, Krystal you’re back sitting with us!” They all cheered.
She nodded and laughed.
Luna turned to Krystal, “they’re staring at you.”
She turned to where Luna was looking and saw Suho, Kai and Minho looking at her.
They all turned away.
“Why? Did something happen? Is that why you’re sitting with us?” Luna asked, she was curious but she didn’t want to seem rude. “Not like I don’t want you to sit here, of course I do. I’m just curious.”
“I don’t know and something just happened between someone, nothing serious though.”
Luna just nodded.
Myungsoo listened to everything they said and wondered what Krystal was talking about.  
It couldn’t have been Kai because they were talking fine in class.

After talking, the bell rang.
Kai went next to Krystal, “Why didn’t you sit with us today?”
He scared her, “Oh, I don’t know. Just felt like hanging with Myungsoo.”
Kai was filled with jealousy. “I see…”
They went to their seat together and started doing the work that was given.

A few minutes later an announcement was made for Krystal to go to the office.
She wondered what it was as she stepped inside.
“You have a phone call. It seems to be very important.”
She did not know who it could’ve been.
As the person was talking Krystal started to tear.
“No.. No. It can’t be.”
“You can be let out early. Here is a note for your teacher.”
She walked out of the office with teary eyes.
She gave the note to the teacher and packed her things.
Kai looked at her confused and could see she was crying.
He was about to ask her what was wrong but she left already.


Finally I updated. It feels like i haven't updated for years.Sorry, I just had no ideas. I still didn't have an idea when I wrote this but I felt bad and knew I needed to wirte something for you guys. Yeah, it's kind of boring but hopefully it will get interesting soon... hopefully. Thanks guys for bearing with me. <3

@sparkfish yes, he did.
@InnalsmiShr haha, yes it is and don't die, you know now.
@SailorVenusYaten Haha, I've actually never read him in any fanfics, I think.
@Geerah18 And you're correct!
@Lanv20 Unfortunately, it isn't Kai. I wish though but he was with Sohee during that time.
@preppymelissa Yep, her angel. You are right, what a good observer. Hmm, maybe.. we'll find out soon (maybe)