Chapter 16

Tears At Night (HIATUS: EDITING)

The bell rang for the end of the day.
Krystal quickly packed her things.
Kai just watched her, “are you alright? Why are you in such a hurry?”
She looked at him and did not know what to say.
“I don’t know, I just need to go..”
He knew something was wrong and he had to find out.
“Let me take you home.”
It was a nice offer but she had to decline.
“Don’t worry oppa, I’ll be going now.”
She bowed and went off.

When she walked out she saw Sohee and Minho standing outside waiting for Kai.
She tried to walk away but Sohee stopped her.
“Do you want to come with us? It would be good for you and Minho to catch up right?”
Minho smiled at her, “yeah, I really want to know how you have been these days.”
She was too afraid to say no, but she didn’t want to say yes either.
So she just nodded.

Kai finally came out of the classroom to see Sohee, Minho and Krystal standing there.
“What’s happening?” He was wondering why they seemed so awkward.
“We’re going to eat and Krystal is joining us.”
“How come?” It’s not that he didn’t want Krystal to go but he knew that something was wrong between Krystal and Minho.
“So these Americans can catch up.”
He looked at Krystal who had her head down and nodded.

Kai and Sohee walked hand in hand together first and Krystal and Minho followed behind.
 “I really missed you.” Kai heard this and turned his head around; they looked rather awkward next to each other.
Krystal did not respond.
He then whispered, “You can’t ignore me, I go to the same school as you and I know where you live.”
She was shocked, “H-how do you know where I live?”
“I saw you walking with Kai, is something going on between you two?”
She shook her head, “We’re just friends.”
“Look, I know you probably don’t like me, but just forgive me. I’ve changed.. . Really, just trust me.”
She didn’t know if she should believe him or not.

“So…” He tried to get her to talk. “How is Korea, better than America?”
She knew she had to talk, “It’s alright, I haven’t been around that much so I wouldn’t say it’s better yet…”
She tried to sound as natural as possible.
“Oh yeah, how’s Jessica? Where is she?”
Krystal’s eyes widened as she forgot about Jessica.
“Umm, Jessica is fine. She’s at school. Excuse me for a moment, I need to call someone.”
He noded, “who are you calling?”
Not only did he want to know but he needed to know.
“Jessica’s school, I have to tell her about these plans.”
 
“Hello, this is ____ school.”
“Uh, hi. I’m Krystal, Jessica’s sister, I would like to speak to her if that’s alright.”
“Yes, that’s fine.”
Seconds later, “Unnie?”
“Jessica, is it okay if you go home with Tiffany today, I have somewhere to go.”
Jessica was confused, “I am going with Tiffany though, I told you already, she invited me for the week.”
Krystal thought for a moment, “Oh that’s right, haha. Forgot. Okay then. Be good alright?”
“Neh, unnie”
They said goodbye and hung up.

Krystal and Minho walked without talking, it was awkward… Really awkward.
They reached the restaurant and Krystal was amazed at how beautiful it was.
Kai and Sohee already found a seat and sat next to each other, which meant that Krystal had to sit with Minho.
As they sat Krystal realised she had no money, ‘Oh, I don’t have any money..”
Kai looked at her and smiled, “My shout.”
She nodded while smiling back.

They ordered they’re food and started talking.
“So, have you guys been catching up well?” Sohee asked.
“Yeah.” Minho answered. He put his arm on the chair Krystal was sitting on.
“I’m really curious though, what was your relationship back at America?”
Krystal could not answer her.
“Hmm,” Minho looked at Krystal. “I told you already, we’re just close…”
Kai knew he was lying, but why?
Sohee nodded. “Must be something special, since none of you guys can tell us anything.”
“Oh, yeah… Very special.”
He was right, Krystal thought. They’re relation was very special, but not in a good way.

Their food came and they started to eat.
Minho watched Krystal eat, “Is it nice?”
Krystal looked up at him and just nodded.
He got a spoonful of his food and tried to feed Krystal.
She was shocked at first, but reluctantly accepted.

“Oppa! Why don’t you ever feed me? They’re not even a couple and they seem more like one then we do.”
Kai was jealous, they look like a couple? Pssht, no they don’t.
He looked at Sohee and she was smiling sweetly at him.
He got a spoonful of his food and fed her, “Mmm, yummy!”

Krystal just watched them weirdly.
Minho leaned on to Krystal’s ear and whispered, “We look like a couple, so forgive me and accept me.”
She did not know what to say, she knew people should be forgiven but Minho was different. What he did she thought she could never forgive.
She looked at him who was smiling.
She sighed and whispered, “Maybe.”
Kai stared at them and wondered what he was saying; his jealousy was going off the radar and it was very noticeable.
Sohee could see this and decided to start feeding Kai.

After a while the four of them just ate in silence…


A boring chapter? Yeah, I know. Sorry, hopefully it's not confusing. I'm so tired and frustrated these days, that's why my chapters have been boring. I should probably take a rest but I don't want to dissapoint you guys. Because I love you. <3 Thanks for reading, subscribing or commenting. I say this all the time but it shows how thankful I am. hehe.

@preppymelissa Haha, oh my are you confused? Hopefully it's not because my chapters make no sense. Haha aww, don't worry like I said before you can have Suho (for now...)
@sparkfish thankyou and you'll find out soon
@Lanv20 Haha, yeah, he doesn't really give off good vibes, but we'll see how he is.
@SHINee_blingbling hmm, we'll find out soon I guess. And heey!
@InnalsmiShr Hmm, I don't know maybe..