Oops...

A Bed Of Roses

I skipped my way out of class the minute the school bell rang.

"FREE AT LAST!" I yelled. The weekends were finally here.

I saw a familiar figure walking down the school halls, looking really down. I followed him closely to get a closer look. I took a few steps forward to realize that it was ChangSub. It took me two minutes to decide whether I should approach him. But then, guilt found its way to my heart.

I nudged him with my shoulder and asked if he was alright, also to apologize for embarrassing him like that. He looked at me with his teary puppy dog eyes and said that it wasn't my fault. I couldn't help but feel that I was the cause for his misery. My heart felt pretty heavy at that point.

"Hyerin ah... Don't feel guilty.. It really isn't your fault.. I think it's just me.. I don't know how to approach people, let alone girls. All of them think I'm weird.", he confessed. I pitied the poor fellow so, without a thought, I looked him in the eye and held my pinky finger up and said, "I, Song Hyerin, would love to be your friend, good friend even. And I will teach you how to behave around people. Hehe, I promise!"

ChangSub lifted his head and his eyes sparkled with excitement as he looked at me. He seemed to have a new vigour of hope. It felt good to know that you could do something to help!

After giving him my new phone number, I looked at the time at the corner of my phone and cursed, "Oh ! I'm late! Sorry ChangSub! I gotta go! Text you later!"

Whilst saying my piece, I charged forward to the school entrance with all my remaining energy. As I ran towards the gate, there he was. Waiting for me with his blue bicycle. I started decelerating as I got closer to Gikwang and I finally stopped. Gikwang smacked my head and bellowed, "You're late!".

I wanted to answer him but I was panting from my run that I just propped myself up the backseat of the bicycle without saying a word.

While we were on our way home, I explained to Gikwang the reason why I was late. Upon hearing that, he turned his head back to give me a quick look and giggled cheekily. "Hehe, my Hyerin knows how to flirt now.." "Stop it! I was just being nice! And I was thinking of inviting him to our weekly picnic this Sunday!" I suggested.

Gikwang pretended not to listen to what I had proposed and sung, "I'm Ok" by 4Minute. I hit his shoulders and demanded and answer but all he did was sing louder.

 "I'M OK, BABY ARE YOU OK-" I looked him from behind and smiled to myself.

However, it was different this time. When I looked at him, I realize that my heart began to beat faster than horses galloping in a race. My face was flushed just thinking about it. We've been friends for a really long time and why did I only feel this way now or has it been awhile but I just realized it today? What?

Question after question popped into my head and images of us being together started forming. But before i could go deeper into thought, we were at the foot of my door. "There you go!" Gikwang exclaimed as he steadied the bicycle for me to get off. I hopped off the bike and hugged Gikwang goodbye as per usual. But, I guess my imaginations took me too far that I mistook reality for fantasy.

Without realising, I pressed my lips against his.