My big mouthed friend, Hyosung.

A Bed Of Roses

He settled me onto the bench at the bus stop and immediately took out his hankerchief from his pocket and wiped the rainwater off my face.
 

I saw Hyosung's disgusted face as she yelled, "IS THAT HANKY CLEAN?"
 

Changsub turned, gave her a are-you-kidding-me face and said, "DUH.."
 

"But it's the same hanky I saw you use three days ago! Did you wash it? You might infect her with-"
 

"WITH WHAT? I washed this yesterday!" he argued.
Hyosung and Changsub began bickering. Upon hearing the noise, I slowly sat up and tried my best to push a sound out of my throat. I managed to say, "Stop it..."
 

The two quickly stopped and sat by my sides and held me by my arms. They made sure I was sat upright. However, I couldn't gather enough energy so I leaned my head against Changsub's shoulder. He touched my forehead and yelped, "It's hot. Are you having a fever?! Dear me.."
 

He quickly put my head against Hyosung's shoulder as he stood up to remove his jacket and put it around me. After which, he squatted in front of me, took my hands and rubbed it against his, trying to keep me warm.


"There's no way we can leave yet. It's still raining.. Endure through this a little bit alright?" he uttered as he flashed me a concerned look.
 

I looked at him with eyes nearly tearing. He tried his best to keep me warm. Just then, Hyosung nudged me and charaded me to tell Changsub about my pregnancy. I squinted my eyes and used my facial expressions to tell her that I was scared but she glared back at me and insisted. I knew that she was right.
 

"Changsub ah...." I stuttered.
 

He immediately looked up with plenty of focus and replied, "Yes?"
 

"I-I-I... Have something to t-tell y-you"
 

"What is it?"
 

"I'm...... I love you." I said abruptly, trying to avoid the subject. I was too scared to see how he would react. He might leave me. He might run away and never return. He might ask me to go for an abortion. I didn't want that. No matter how much this pregnancy was accident, I didn't want to end someone's life even before it started. Something was growing inside of me and it is my own flesh and blood. Something God has bestowed me with. A child. An innocent child. I couldn't possibly let anyone take it away from me. Not even Changsub.
 

Changsub looked up and braced a beautiful eye smile and said, "I love you too, silly."


Hyosung nudged me once again and whispered in my ear, "What are you doing? Tell him!"
 

Changsub overheard what she had said and asked, "Tell me what?"
 

My eyes twitched as I tried to think up of something to cover up the truth. I quickly thought of the most pathetic cover up ever, "I'm hungry.."
 

"Oh... Hahaha, we can get some food later. But for now, you really need a little rest!" he joked.


Hyosung quickly stood up. My head almost hit the bench but I managed to balance myself into an upright sitting position.
"OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE, TELL HIM OR I WILL!" she shouted.
 

"I...I.." I tried to retaliate but my tongue was tied.
"CAN SOMEONE JUST TELL ME?" Changsub stood up, looking confused.
 

"SHE'S PREGNANT." Hyosung said out loud.
"what?" Changsub asked, trying to reconfirm what Hyosung had said.
"I said... SHE'S PREGNANT." Hyosung repeated.


Changsub turned into my direction with a shocked, jaw dropping look but I daren't look him in the eyes. I kept staring at the ground.