Wait for it...

A Bed Of Roses

"You're Song Hyerin?" the doctor asked with eyes fixed on me.

"Yes," I gulped as I took a seat. Hyosung stood behind me and patted me on my shoulders trying to comfort me.

"So, tell me what's your problem?" the doctor questioned. I told him all about my health problems faced recently and he gave me a stern look. He passed me a box which had the word, "Test for Pregnancy". He led to me the toilet in the consultation room, handed me a cup and waited for me outside.

I peed into the cup and put the stick in while waiting for the results. I sat on the covered toilet seat. Plenty of thoughts rendered in my mind.

"Umma is going to kill me. My parents are going to ashamed and embarrassed. What have I done? Is Changsub going to leave me? How was I ever going to face society?" I thought to myself as I let out a small cry.

Minutes had passed and there was a knock on the toilet door. "Hyerin ah, come out now! The doctor would like to see you" Hyosung said.

I took the cup and threw it away whilst I held the stick. I daren't look at the results. I handed the doctor the stick as he analysed it. There was a long pause in between.

"So....What is it?" Hyosung asked impatiently. The doctor flashed Hyosung the shut-up face.

"Hyerin, lie down on that bed there. I need to confirm the readings." the doctor said as he pushed the ultrasound machine to the side of the bed.

"Lift up your blouse." he instructed. I did as I was told. He slabbed some jelly-like substance onto my tummy and spread it evenly. Then he used the ultrasound machine's remote like device and moved it around my stomach area. I looked at the screen, unclear of how to I should view it. The doctor pointed to an unlikely stone feature in the monitor and said, "See that? That's a fetus developing. You can hear sort of hear it's heartbeat." 

I looked at the doctor's face with complete shock. My face turned pale white. I refused to accept reality. I immediately sprang up from the bed and cried. The tears couldn't stop flowing down. Hyosung hugged me tightly as she teared along with me. I wanted to hug her so badly but I couldn't find the strength to lift my arms at all.

The doctor and Hyosung helped me off the bed as I dragged myself out of the clinic, feeling restless and tired. Hyosung quickly followed behind me after paying for the consultation fee. She suggested taking the cab home but I pushed away the offer and decided to walk home instead.

My feet were soft and weak, my body lacked of energy.

In a blink of an eye, it started to rain while there sun was still shining brightly. Hyosung covered my head with her school bag and quickly urged me to follow her into the shelter at the the bus stop that we just passed by. I didn't listen to her. I kept on walking.

All of a sudden, my head felt light and I was becoming dizzy. I looked around to see the world around me rotating at high speeds. Before I knew it, the world became dark and I had collapsed onto the ground.

Hyosung threw her bag to the ground and managed to catch me in time. She slowly placed my head on her thighs as she sat there crying for help. 

In the end, she decided to give Changsub a call. Simply because we were closest to his house from where we were. After receiving the call, a few minutes later, Changsub had arrived as he quickly ran toward me and lifted me on his back heading towards the nearest shelter.

My eyes opened slowly while waking up to a familiar scent. "Ch-Changsub oppa" I gathered all my energy to call for him.

"Hyerin, you're awake?!" he cried with much relief and continued, "Hold on, we're almost to the shelter! I won't let anything happen to you!" he assured me as he clutched onto my legs tightly and carried me closer and closer to the shelter.

My eyes were fixed on him. He may not be as strong but I could tell that he was gathering all his strength and determination to carry me. My eyes were full of admiration.

My lips curved into a unrecognisable smile as I thought, "If there was any dad that my child could have, I'm glad that it was him."

 

********************

 Author's note:

ㅠ.ㅠ Oh, I must really really apologize for this chapter. I have completely no idea how people test for pregnancy. So I roughly asked my mum but she didn't give me a definite answer. Haha, so I wrote all the nonsensical things I can think about. Sorry! :P

OH AND I WROTE THE FIRST CHAPTER FOR THE PENIEL FANFIC ALREADY. It's already up! Do check it out♥

Subscribe and comment on my other stories as well! Hehe. Annyeong!