Heartbroken hero?

A Bed Of Roses

It was getting late. So, I grabbed my clothes and put them on as I kissed Changsub goodbye. As soon as I walked out his house, it seemed as if I had spent my entire life there.

I quickly made my way back home to see my mother standing at the door with a wooden cane. I gulped and looked on the ground, not wanting to look her in the eyes.

"SONG HYERIN. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" she screamed at me from across the street.

I could see our neighbours sticking their faces up against the window to see the drama going on at my front lawn. My mother raised her cane and charged towards me. I closed my eyes to anticipate the torture of the cane as i knew that there was so escape.

-WHIP-

I heard a loud whip, but i felt nothing. Instead, i heard someone else scream in pain. I opened my eyes to see Gikwang standing in front of me whilst shielding himself with his arms.

"YA, LEE GIKWANG, STEP ASIDE. I AM DISCIPLINING MY DAUGHTER." my mother raged. 

I could see the strain on her knitted eyebrows as she held the cane in the air. She wanted to give it another shot but then Gikwang yelled, "SORRY AUNTIE, SHE WAS WITH ME."

I opened my eyes with much adoration for my best friend's bravery. My mother is beastly when she is angry. Nothing can stand in her way. No one has ever stood up to her. Gikwang did.

Just then, my mother then went full on whack as she threw her cane aside and began hitting Gikwang's muscular chest. I tried to pull my mother away using all my strength. After successfully doing so, I dragged her into the house.

As soon as we entered the house, my father told me to wait outside the house as he needed to say something to my mother. It was pretty obvious what he was gonna say. As I was making my way out, I could hear him scream, "ARE YOU TRYING TO EMBARRASS OUR FAMILY- ..........." 

I stood outside my house door to find Gikwang rubbing his chest whilst sitting at the pathway. I felt so guilty.

"PABO. Why'd you do such a foolish thing?!" I reprimanded him for his foolishness. He coughed repeatedly after which he managed to say, "I couldn't bear seeing you hurt alright? And where'd you go anyway?"

He looked at me with much curiousity and concern.

"I... I was with Changsub." I pleaded guilty.

Gikwang seemed disappointed and somewhat devastated at my answer.

There was a long pause.

"So... Did you guys... You know.. Do it?"

"Do what?" I answered with much haste and then I realised what it meant, "oh that."

"Did you?" he asked as he pierced his eyes through mine with a stare.

I fumbled over a few words and beat around the bush to finally conclude the answer for his strangely direct question. He seemed to be holding back his tears as he forced a smile across his face. His voice cracked as he uttered, "That's good then! I need to go! See you in *crack* school!"

He got up and walked away before I could even say anything. I had so many things to tell him. I had yet to express my thanks. A frown plastered upon my face as I saw my hero walk away with an aura of gloom.