Secret.

A Bed Of Roses

Changsub carried me to the foot of my door. I tried telling him to put me down on the way but he didn't listen.
He finally put me down on my front porch. Hyosung waddled along close by. I heard my mother's voice from inside the house. I hesitated to enter. I didn't know how to break the news to her.
Just then, Changsub and Hyosung grabbed my hands. "If you can't do it, then we'll do it together." Hyosung encouraged. Changsub bobbed his head up and down, in a cute manner, trying to make me laugh. And it worked!
I put my hands on the door knob, and it made a click sound.
 

"Umma, I'm home!" I announced aloud. My mother came out from the kitchen smiling and giggling. I found out that we had a guest at home. It was my favorite aunt, Gina!
"HYERIN, LONG TIME NO SEE, BABY!!" aunt Gina shrieked in excitement. She spent most of her life in Canada, so she was completely westernized. She came over and hugged me tightly. She pulled away looking at Hyosung and Changsub, asking, "Who are these lovely people?"
"That's her boyfriend, Changsub and that's her good friend, Hyosung." my mother said politely as my friends bowed to greet them.
"Oh! You have a boyfriend? Oh, he's pretty handsome now isn't he?" she said as she walked over to Changsub and pinched his cheeks. I couldn't help but giggle when I saw how uncomfortable Changsub looked. I saved him by grabbing him by the arms and suggesting that we all gather at the living room. My mum agreed.
She was so happy. That's cause she really loved aunt Gina. She was the only kin she had. And it has been quite some time since they had met each other. I was reluctant to tell her the jaw dropping news. I didn't want to ruin her day, however, I realised the whole time I was absorbed in my thoughts, Hyosung and Changsub had been staring at me. Waiting for me to give my mother the news.
 

"Umma.. I have something to tell you." I said cowardly.
My mother and aunt Gina turned to me, "What is it?".
All eyes were on me. The pressure was closing in. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I whispered, "I'm.. Pregnant."
"Don't play games with me, sweetie. What is it?" my mum said in a stern tone. I opened my eyes to see her knit eyebrows. She looked rather cross. But I couldn't deny it any longer. I went on my knees and bent over in front of my mother, and Changsub did the same behind me.
 

"I'm sorry, umma. I really am pregnant..." I cried.
My mother immediately stood up and kicked Changsub in the stomach, "YA, YOU PUNK. YOU DID THIS TO HER DIDN'T YOU?"
I quickly crawled over to defend Changsub and yelled, "Umma, don't hit him!!"
She took the cane from the nearby table and began to hit us both. Changsub used his body and covered it over mine. I could feel his sudden jerks every time he got hit and soft screams. He was holding in his pain.
Just then, aunt Gina grabbed my mother by the hand and said, "Unnie, don't."
All heads turned to look at her.
 

"Come on! We aren't living in the stone age! They're kids. They do something wrong, they take responsibility for it. Plus, there are so many young mums out there. You're no exception." my aunt said as she gave my mum a stare.
My mum looked away from my aunt and fell on the sofa. She looked rather, guilty. My aunt continued with her confrontation, "Now isn't this scene familiar, sis? Oh, don't tell me you haven't told her yet."
"Tell me what?" I slowly pushed  Changsub away from me as I leaned forward. I turned to look at my mum who shook her non stop. What were they hiding from me?