In Your Dreams

A Bed Of Roses

"Roll like a buffalo~", my personal alarm rang.

I woke up to hit the dismiss button.

Immediately after, I did my morning routine by making myself fresh and clean, changing into my uniform also to prepare a light snack for myself. As I started to pack my light snack, I realised something. I had agreed to let Changsub and Gikwang walk me to school. At that point of time, I felt so bad.

How could I do that? It would hurt Gikwang to know that we did it and are officially together. It would just crush him. Especially after analysing his expressions from last night. He's still hanging on to our relationship. In my case, it was a fling. Maybe, more than that. But, the way I felt and loved Changsub was different. It was more of deeper and passionate kind of feeling. Just thinking about him and what we did together was more than enough to keep me smiling all day.

*An hour later*

It was finally time to face the music. I took a deep breath and walked out my door to see Gikwang standing by the usual sign. I walked over to him and greeted him cheerfully.

"Annyeong!" Gikwang turned to look at me and blasted his charming eye smile.

"Shall we go?" he exclaimed.

"Uhhh.."

Just then, Changsub came skipping down towards us. I could see Gikwang's slightly disappointed face that was masked with a forceful smile.

"H to the E to the L L O!" Changsub attempted to rap his hello. Upon hearing that, I burst out laughing.

"What?" he said innocently.

"Nothing! Let's go to school!" I giggled.

The beginning of the walk was pretty awkward. I was standing in between. Changsub was to my left and Gikwang was to my right. My hands held tightly to Changsub's hands. I looked at him a few times to show him that it felt awkward for me. He gave an expression on his face that signified, "I know, me too"

The two of us walked guiltily beside Gikwang as he said nothing but listen to his music.

As we walked into the school, Changsub and I parted as our lockers were on different sides of the hallways. I quietly walked beside Gikwang.

As soon as we reached the foot of our lockers. I took out the necessary books that I needed. Gikwang closed his locker and leaned against it.

"Ahh, why are you guys like this?" he sighed.

"Huh?" I was completely clueless of what he was saying.

"You and Changsub, duh!" Gikwang snapped.

My eyes shifted to the ground.

"Even though we weren't together officially, I do have feelings for you. But feelings take time to fade right? I'm sure I'll get over you someday, maybe sooner than I know! Also, you silly people don't have to feel guilty. I've been your best friend for years. Don't you know that I can tell what your facial expressions are?"

I was tongue tied. I tried to speak but i had nothing to say. I was stunned and touched at how understanding he was. He was usually the silly, dorky one. My eyes started to water but i held it back. Gikwang continued, "I wish nothing but the best for you. And hello, did you forget who I was after your wild night? I AM LEE GIKWANG. I can get any girl I want. If I snap my fingers, there'll be a long line of girls waiting for me!"

Once I heard his last few sentences, I tried to contain myself but I couldn't help it so I burst into laughter instead.

"Hahaha, Gikwang ah.....I'm still really sorry-"

"Shhhhh!" he shushed me as he put his finger on my lips, "We're still best friends right?"

I nodded without hesitation.

"Then forget it! Move on! I am fine, seriously. Quit apologising or I'll tell Changsub to screw you harder!" he warned jokingly. 

I grinned from ear to ear. I was glad that we had said this and made things clear.

Before I could proceed with any other thoughts, I closed my locker and Gikwang put his arms over my shoulder and said, "So, I heard that you get over someone by falling for another... Hmm, I was thinking maybe you could set me up with Hyosung. Hehe." 

Since when did Gikwang become so cheeky? 

I turned to look at his naughty grin and eyes that slit into an almond shape. I slapped him lightly on the cheek and ran away as I yelled, "IN YOUR DREAMS!"

Gikwang stood rooted to the hallway tiles as he screamed, "YA!!!! SONG HYERIN!"